Scorecard for Boulder Oaks Golf Club
Black M: 68.3/118 W: 73.0/127 409 163 316 239 304 173 318 400 173 2495 525 469 602 218 441 159 620 322 311 3667 6162
Blue M: 65.5/112 W: 69.8/121 327 129 241 127 266 157 270 350 140 2007 414 413 501 184 409 140 492 296 268 3117 5124
White M: 62.7/105 W: 66.1/112 294 103 206 119 257 144 237 302 97 1759 381 373 495 147 370 125 451 250 233 2825 4584
Red M: 60.1/97 W: 62.3/99 257 82 179 91 186 123 205 269 91 1483 342 334 423 112 341 116 371 214 200 2453 3936

Year Built 1965
Architect Tom Sanderson (1965) Dave Fleming (2016)

Carts Yes - $15
Clubs Yes - $30/set
Pull-carts No

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #6)

Commented On 05/14/2019

Hi, we are sorry to see that you didn't have a good time the other day. Please provide more detail so we can address your concern.

A nice day of golf

Course played quickly, was in as good a shape as I have seen it the past few years.....
Greens were particularly nice....

Commented On 05/13/2019

Hi Bob, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you had a good time at Boulder Oaks Golf Club the other day. Thanks for your feedback on course conditions and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Great time.

I think we got lucky with a foggy morning, there wasn’t anyone close to us. I didn’t bring a jacket so the guy in the pro shop let me borrow one. Everyone’s just really nice there, and the course plays better the 2nd time when you know the layout.

Commented On 05/06/2019

Hi, thank you so much for your five-star review! We are really happy to hear that you were accommodated and had a great time out there. We'll see you again soon!

Tricky track

This was my first time playing this course I played from the black tees there are several blind shots from these tees and long carries 250+ yards because of the cut back fairway areas the course is in fair condition the greens are nice they hold well fairways are OK do tee boxes are good I recommend playingFrom the blue or white tees if it is the first time playing this courseIf you are over an eight handicap

Commented On 05/06/2019

Hi, thank you for the three stars. We appreciate your feedback and we hope that you will consider coming back in the future!

Worthy for the price

Enjoy playing here.
Last half is more challenging and exciting

Commented On 05/06/2019

Hi, thank you for the five-star review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed playing at Boulder Oaks Golf Club. We'll see you again soon.

Narrow and blind shots galore...

First time playing this course and thank God we were paired we 2 others that had played it many times.... Course is narrow with alot of blind shots.... All the natural vegetation which is on every hole should be played as a lateral hazard and not a lost ball... In my opinion its just to narrow to play all the vegetation as list ball territory....

Commented On 04/22/2019

Hi, we appreciate your honest feedback regarding your experience the other day. We hope you'll consider returning in the future!

Golf Now charged me before I said ok

Golf Now had a “Hot Deal”, so I checked it out as I also had a coupon code to apply, well , before I could say Yes OR enter my coupon I had a tee time set and now way to change it
I told the course, course was OK condition , interesting layout, but fairways need some attention, traps as well, course was pretty steady

Commented On 04/16/2019

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We hope that you had a good golfing experience. We would recommend contacting their support team for questions about the booking process. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

Best conditions of the year

Right now Ideal great rolling greens and the fairways have grass from all the rain. The rough is 2-3 inches deep with clover patches providing some resistance and hidden balls. Watch! Great course for target golf as many fairways slope to one side. The mature oak trees make this course quite scenic, and on a few holes overhang a bit. Helps to use less than driver off some tees to keep in short grass. When in doubt, on approach, take an extra club. Some elevated greens have fronts with grabby grass. Shorter length of course still provides interesting challenges.

Commented On 04/12/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you had a great time out there. Thanks for sharing your wisdom, and we'll see you again soon.

Good short course

Course in good condition, nice greens. Can’t beat for the $.

Commented On 04/08/2019

Hi Bob, thank you for the four stars! We are happy to see that you had a good time and found Boulder Oaks Golf Club in great shape. We'll see you again soon. #boulderoaksgolf #escondidogolf

Beautiful course

It was beautiful course but the neighboring houses are too adjacent.

Commented On 04/05/2019

Hi, thank you for the four-star review! We are glad that you found our course beautiful. We appreciate your feedback, but unfortunately we can't change that. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Serious fun !!!

I have been playing Boulder Oaks now on a regular basis.. The course is in great shape and the prices for a tee time are fantastic...

Thanks guys !!!!

Commented On 03/28/2019

Hi, thank you for the five stars! We are glad to hear that you found Boulder Oaks Golf Club in great shape and found it good value for your money. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Round Ok - do not bring good balls.

DO NOT BOOK IF YOU ARE A SINGLE. Morning pro shop dude would not let me go out - said that I had to wait for a 2 or 3 some but that could be hours. Eventually, he let me start on their "turn," which starts at 12 but told me I would again have to wait to partner up at 1.

Finished and the 2nd guy at pro shop said it was no problem to continue - just talk to the starter and said he hears complaints all the time about the older morning guy. Starter was really cool and just pushed me along.

Course has some bare spots and weeds - no cuts of rough ... could not differentiate the fair way from the rough at times. Do not bring your good balls - you will lose them in the rough and grass clumps. Greens were VERY slow.

Commented On 04/02/2019

Hi, we are sorry for your poor experience and we understand your frustration. However, like many courses on busy days we do require single players to pair up and we try to pair them up as soon as possible. We invite you to come back and try the course again soon. If you have any further questions or concerns you can call the pro shop (760) 749-1620 and ask for Awara.

Commented On 03/15/2019

Hi, we are sorry to see that you didn't have a good time the other day. We hope that if you provide more detail we can address your concern.

Boulder Oaks

Course was in pretty rough shape because of recent rains but I could see that it would be more interesting in a drier condition. Very pleasant setting!

Commented On 03/13/2019

Hi, thank you for the three stars. Unfortunately we can't control the weather, but we hope that you will be back to try our course again soon.

Best Bang for the money

Great staff. The gentleman in the mornings is very funny. I see him working the course. A pleasure to deal with. I wish him the best for this place. Keep up the good work. Course is in great condition and fun to play. I can’t wait to go back.

Commented On 03/11/2019

Hi, thank you so much for your four-star review! We are thrilled that you had a pleasant experience with both our staff and out on the course. Thanks for playing Boulder Oaks Golf Club, and we can't wait to see you again soon. #boulderoaksgolf #boulderoaksgc

Value for the money

It's a shame that they eliminated 3 of the holes that used to exist at this golf course, however since they did lower the price, it is a good value for the green fee that they charge. Course was in good shape, pace of play was a bit slow, but we were able to finish in under 4.5 hours, so can't really complain.

Hidden Gem

I play a lot of coursed in North County San Diego and I really like playing here. The staff make it a point to know your name. Rex the GM is very hard working and a pleasure to see every time me and my friends play there. We do a monthly tournament and the staff work hard to take care of us.

Poor set up- pace of play horrible

Stacked tee times up too close to one another and it made for nearly a 7 hour round. 4 groups deep on many holes. No sign of marshall to help move slow groups along a little faster. 9 holes took 4 hours... ridiculous. Staff seemed clueless when this was mentioned to them.

Course itself was in rough shape, needed grooming attention as there were weeds everywhere. Tee box muddy and 3 greens were dirt.

Too many other courses in the area to have to deal with this hassle. Won’t be back.

Commented On 02/25/2019

Hi, we are so sorry to hear of your experience as this was under unusual circumstances. We had a 2 hour frost delay and all players started on the back 9. Please accept our apology as we are sure your next experience will be enjoyable since the weather is getting better. Your feedback is very important to us.

Friendly staffand manager?

The manager (I think) of the course greeted us in the club house with a friendly smile. It is always great to be welcomed whether you're a regular paying customer or a golfnow hot deal customer. I felt no difference in service. Some other golf courses treat you differently like make you wait until your actual tee time even though it is not busy at all, or not even give you a cart to go to the practice (crappy) range until it is 15 minutes to your tee time ((Hemet GC; not friendly starter and clubhouse staff). Keep up the good customer service Boulder Oaks!

Commented On 02/25/2019

Hi, thank you so much for your four-star review of Boulder Oaks Golf Club! We are glad that you had a professional and friendly experience with our staff. We appreciate your feedback, and we can't wait to see you again soon. #boulderoaksgolf

Commented On 02/19/2019

Hi, thank you for the five stars! We are glad that you had a good time at Boulder Oaks Golf Club. Come back again soon.

San Marcos, California
Valley Center, California
Vista, California
Vista, California
Fallbrook, California
Lake San Marcos, California
San Marcos, California

Valid dates: May 23, 2019 - Jun 30, 2019
2 Nights lodging at the Best Western Plus of Santee (or comparable lodging partner) and play 3 Rounds of golf on Santee Cooper Resort’s two courses.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play in Golf’s Little Big Town!
Stay and Play
Summer Golf Getaway in Santee!
Stay and Play
Come play in the Olde English District!
Summer Special in Greenville, SC