Formerly known as Meadow Lake Golf Club.

Boulder Oaks Golf Club

Year Built 1965

Pull-carts No

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #6)

Love the course, but they desperately need a marshall!

It was a beautiful day and we love this course BUT too often there's a slow start..today we had more than a 30 minute delay from our original tee time....then midway through a group that had "stopped to have lunch" after playing their front 9 (seriously ???) came back out onto the course and went in front of us...when we questioned them about moving in front of us..,.they assured us they play fast.
Unfortunately that was not the case. They were horribly slow which backed up everyone behind us...without a marshall to check on play we could do nothing about it but wait. By the time we finished and came off the course it was so backed up there was a line of foursomes waiting for carts. Our usual 3 hour round ended up taking 5 hours...far too long for this course....sadly disappointed. .When asked on this review if I would recommend this course...I said yes...but I would definitely let them know play can be terribly slow.

Fairways, tee boxes were not in good shape. No sand in traps.

Slow pace of play

Course needs a lot of maintenance , Pace of play was horrible!

God Aweful !!!!

I would of had a better time being mugged for my money. This course is horrible. If anyone says differently they are lying. The greens had bowling ball size divots in them, I was afraid that the roof on our cart was going to collapse. Before we even got out on the course another cart had a flat tire. The started was a good dude and very easy going. the course Marshal was a very nice lady and I enjoyed talking to her while we were backed up on the course. The guy in the pro shop, total jerk!!! another player got charged extra for being a single the total cart fee and I got a lecture, he was very rude and I didn't appreciate his attitude. I will never play there again. I would write more about what is very wrong with this place but I have reached my minimum. TOTAL HORSE TRACK DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Busy day

Not sure why it was so slow starting, but the course gave rain checks to those that weren't able to finish because of the delay, which was nice. Most course won't take the responsibility of any delays. Fun course with some reachable par 4s. Some great elevating changes and some stunning views. Price is reasonable on most days of the week. I would definitely go back, if I wasn't moving out of state.

Poor course conditions and no accountability with Pace of Play

Would not recommend unless you don’t mind waiting every shot and playing 5+ hour rounds. The greens were the only decent part of the course. At one point, there was 8 people playing on one hole...

Great views, even better walking

Course wasn’t busy, good pace of play, Greens like the ones on the PGA tour. Buuuuttttt!!!! If your Cart Battery dies at the End of hole four and you call the PRO-Shop to let them know you need a Cart Swap. Just save your Breath and start walking, CUZ THEY AINT COMING! Had to walk the next 7 holes and wasn’t able to finish the last 4 holes due to walking all the big hills as sunset slowly to over.

Too crowded

Not enough time between tee times. Staff told me several tee times were only 3 minutes apart. Too many people, not enough carts. I will not play again on a weekend. Quirky course, fun, but not on a weekend.

Commented on 11/16/2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Boulder Oaks Golf Club.

Commented on 11/19/2020

Course review.

Pro shop and bar area was clean. The staff working and there were very friendly. The pace of play was very good. The greens are in good shape and are running. Some of the travels from the Teebox to the fairways are a little rough, but this is expected with a mountain type course.

Next, our golf cart broke down and a staff member was out to give us a new one within 10 minutes. Good job!

All in all I would recommend this course to those who would like to work on their iron game as well as their short game/putting.

Commented on 11/11/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. We're glad you found the pace of play during your round excellent. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We are glad to see you also rated the course conditions and our staff to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Boulder Oaks Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Boulder Oaks Golf Club.

Commented on 11/09/2020

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Boulder Oaks Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Stay on fairway

Greens are nice, tee boxes good, but many tee boxes combined the blue and white marker, making distance on some holes too short. Main issue is if you happen to land off the fairways, usually you are going to lose your ball.

Commented on 11/09/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Boulder Oaks Golf Club.

Good quick round

Played in just over 3 hours walking. The course is in pretty good shape and the weather was great. Still have mixed feelings about the layout. There are so many holes where you have obstructed views off the tee. There are also a ton of uphill holes. I mean way uphill. Overall I like it, but it is an odd course.

Commented on 11/06/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Boulder Oaks Golf Club.

Commented on 11/06/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us at Boulder Oaks Golf Club.

Commented on 11/11/2020

We are so happy you enjoyed your round, Jeff! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

San Marcos, California
Lake San Marcos, California
Semi-Private/Resort
San Marcos, California

Valid dates: Oct 01, 2019 - Sep 30, 2020
Stay and Play in trendy La Quinta California and play some of the best desert golf courses. View available packages and customize your free quote with Palm Springs Golf Vacation.
Partner Offers