Formerly known as Meadow Lake Golf Club.

Boulder Oaks Golf Club

Year Built 1965

Pull-carts No

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #6)

Usually Fun Not Today

Played here several times. Today the cart broke down. They said they would send somebody right out to us. That would have been fine. After 20 minutes still no cars in sight. We were playing with a handicapped man who needed a cart. I ended up jogging back and getting a cart. The pro shop was not willing to offer any compensation for our lost round because we had booked thru Golfnow Hotdeal. Problems happen no big deal just dont make the customer responsible the business problems.

Lovely Course

This is the second time in a year that I have played this course and I almost didn't book the tee time because of the recent reviews but I am glad that I did!! I don't know what some of the reviewers were talking about--the course is in great shape! I guess maybe they have not played any golf lately--I have, and believe me, compared to other much more expensive courses, they are maintaining it wonderfully, aside from the bunkers, that is. All courses I have played recently have completely let the bunkers go--all of them. I'm perplexed by this and always intend to ask the starter why they are letting the bunkers turn to weeds but I forget:( Anyway, back to the point at hand--this course is in great shape, the fairways and greens are manicured just as they should be, and further, they are green and not a dried out mess. I have been golfing for a long time so this is not a beginner's opinion!!

Not as great as it once was.

The course is a shadow of it former self. If you don't hit the fairway you will be hitting out of unkept weeds. If you land in a bunker you will be hitting out of a mix of DG and weeds. It's really a shame this course has been let go. For the price, it really isn't worth the money. Since the remodel this course has steadily gone downhill. This is my second time playing since the remodel and I was even very disappointed in the sate of the course.

Disappointed

I was really excited to play this course after the reviews. I was highly disappointed. The course was not well kept. Hole 2 greens were in terrible condition. Most of the course fairways were dead and riddle with gopher holes. Cart paths were very confusing. Pace of play was great with 18 taking only 3.5 hours. Staff was super friendly as well. All of the sand traps were over grown and not taken care of properly. The holes if you hit even slightly off the fairway you were in hard rocky areas. No roughs. The worst condition of a course I have ever been to. Will not go here ever again.

Boulder oaks

Great day at the oaks ! Always a pleasure.. course Is back after the closure. Great job guys, thanks !

Commented on 06/18/2020

Hi, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Boulder Oaks Golf Club.

Return to Boulder Oaks

First visit back since the re- design or elimination of the former 10,11 and 12th holes. The new layout is a little odd since you make the turn at where the 8th hole used to be but if you’re playing 18 holes it works with a quick stop for refreshments after the 11th hole. It was a busy day but the course played well and the pace of play was running about 5 hours but didn’t seem that long. Some really great holes ( 4, 6, 8,13,14) and the rest are good. Greens were in great condition. Staff is friendly and welcoming
. Overall A great value when compared to the JC courses and I’’d recommend giving it a try. I’ll be back.

Two thumbs up

Had a great round. Course is in good shape compared to two weeks ago. For the price, you can't beat it

Commented on 05/27/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Boulder Oaks Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Charged wrong price

I had a tee time reserved for 6:37am today
That totaled $30.60, when I checked my bank statement they had actually charged me $45.00.

Commented on 05/29/2020

We appologize for the confusion here. You purchased a walking round online and requested a cart upon arrival. The 45 dollar fee is your round with a cart. Hope you enjoyed your time here and that this comment clears up any issues you may have had!

Day at Boulder Oaks Golf Club

The course played harder due to the over grown rough. Some tee boxes needed to be cut.down. two temp holes that were moved up and made into a par 4 that was a five, and one par 4 that was now a par three. The greens were decent and roll nicely. All and all still well worth the amount that you spend to play here. If you like playing fast this may not be the course for you. People are sent out about every 8 minutes.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Boulder Oaks is getting bettrr

Played today and feel that the greens are in good shape but the pin placements were for PGA qualifying. Shot 75 and had three bogeys and a double.

Once the bunkers have sand back in them and the second cut of rough had been cut the course is really fun to play.

Needs work and Supervision

The course is currently in poor shape. The fairways are dry and spotty and the weeds are out of control, greens are also in need of work. BO was my go to course and its unfortunate that it has been allowed to deteriorate, I played several other local courses last week and they were in great condition. We had a group of 6 in front of us, drinking and playing loud music, not a great experience!!

BS

Called course 2+ hrs before T time regarding check in process & to see if open. Told check in was as usual, but kitchen closed. No biggie. Arrived at course 20 min b4 T time. Clubhouse locked, no one there, no info posted. Several other golfers in parking lot. I left & drove back home. Some played anyway. Overall rating? -2 Stars: wasted BOTH my time & money. "Chicken" can be substituted for the letter "B" in the review title. "How often do you play?" Here? LESS THAN ZERO

Commented on 04/13/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced at the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Boulder Oaks Golf Club.

A Hidden Meadows Gem

I think they have some of the best GREENS in SD. They have been working in the course everyday during close. The greens are better than ever. A short course (6100) but great views and some really great holes. One hole is huge downhill par 3 (157) with views of snow capped San Gregornio AND Mt Baldy!

We had a blast

For the money, it's what i expected. We had fun, we have definitely golfed courses in worse shape for more money. So, at least they charge a fair price for the conditions on the course. To give you an idea of conditions... there is virtually no rough, it's dirt and weeds where the rough should be. The fairways are pretty rough but at least are nearly covered in grass. The star of the show were the green's. Greens are super fast and in pretty good shape. Some holes were in better shape than others.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. We are very sorry you found the conditions unsatisfactory. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Boulder Oaks Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Boulder Oak

The course layout is bit strange, in a small piece of land between the housing developments. Paying from the back tee will have too many blind shorts, so it is very easy to lose your balls. The fairway was not well maintained with many washed off spots and weeds. . greens are acceptable.

Commented on 03/05/2020

Hello, jeffyin. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

You get what you pay for!

Poorly planned and maintained.
Too many blind tee shots. Greens very reasonable and fast!

Pretty Good Greens

Greens are in pretty good shape but the rest of the course sadly is not maintained sufficiently.

2.6319705882