Year Built 1980
Architect Gene Hamm

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Beautiful greens

Course was in great shape and the greens were excellent. Nice layout friendly for all golfers would play again!

Slow round however great time

The course was very busy which caused an almost 5 hour round. The course has a nice layout and the fairways were in good condition. Greens were in good shape and rolled quick. Tee boxes (women’s) could have been a little better. We enjoyed the course immensely even though it was a long round. We would play this course again while in the area.

Great round

The course was in good shape although the greens were slow. Nice layout with a few challenging holes. We enjoyed our round and will play again before we head out.

Not sure what the negative reviews were about but the course was just right for winter. Over seeded fairways and tee boxes. No issues whatsoever

awful

I live in the Myrtle beach area so i know about the difficult winter we just went thru. That being so this is the worst conditioned course i have played since January. The "sand" in the bunkers was actually more like mud than sand. The course should be closed while they replace the greens but that is not scheduled to happen. I would not recommend playing this course till at least next April after the Bermuda starts to grow again after the dormant winter. Some of the fairways were as bad as the greens.

Great staff

The staff at this course is incredible. They always have a smile and are ready to help. The course, well, it isn't always in the best shape, the greens area little slower than most and it has some quirky holes. I always have fun when I play there though. Maybe because I play well there.

burning ridge

played on 9/21/2017...the course was in good shape...greens were good, not super fast but very smooth. fairways and teee boxes were in good shape..well worth the $43 we paid to play. they do run split tees so be mindful..we played in 4 hrs on the nose so we were very fortunate. i would recommend this course to golfers visiting mb

Quiet Afternoon @ The Ridge

I played with a HS friend of mine from the late '60's. He lives on the course and I visited him for the week and our 1st round was within an hour of our arrival. The course was in great shape...the bunkers were well maintained...greens rolled at a 9.5...rough was well maintained and fairways were closely groomed. Great course, staff and a pleasure to play......

Seems like locals only

I go to Myrtle Beach every year on vacation and have played 30+ golf courses there. And my number one golf value as a golfer is maintaining a reasonable pace of play, even on vacation, something under 4 hours is just fine. I preface with that because I've never had this complaint before: this plays needs to calm down with pushing groups.

When you go to MB, and probably any golf vacation, even places that highly value pace of play, that pace finds a way to relax a little. We were the first group out, 7:30, and it felt like rather than the ten minute spacing that's standard, by the fourth hole, less than an hour, there was a group standing in the fairway right behind us. We finished the front nine in an hour and fifteen minutes...and by the time we teed off on ten, there was another pair of carts with loudly talking customers right behind us, again. It made the day feel rushed...how fast were we supposed to play, 18 holes in 2:30? It was ridiculous. I'll never go back.

It felt like the people we were playing with were disappointed we weren't locals, and were taking up their tee times. It was absolutely aggravating, and I'd never recommend this place to anyone as a result. As decent as the course was, there are far too many other options that are at least as nice, at a similar price point, within really short distances (Wild Wing, Man O War, The Witch, International World Tour are all within 10 minutes). Avoid it.

Shockingly overbooked

Course conditions on the back nine were great. Unfortunately we could not play the other nine due to a three group back-up on the first tee. They started us off 10. We finished our first nine in 2.5 hours, minimum 5 minute wait between holes. A shame because the conditions were beautiful. I will not play this course again, STOP OVERBOOKING!

e6640ab6-9acf-5a98-9fa3-21c89d1925eb
LarryNoli
Commented On 05/31/2017

Hey Chris...it might not have been overbooking...#1-all it takes is 1 or 2 groups to hit it sideways...#2 no consideration by those same groups to let other groups thru...#3 Management not providing rangers with authority to monitor play and keep play moving...
I say this from experience having managed one particular course where we had 3 brutal starting holes...if I did not not monitor those holes early on in the day, it made for a long day.....

Cleveland Advisor

Dormant greens were atrocious

Friendly staff. They book both front and back nines, which can lead to backups when play slows down, and the morning wave has not made the turn and the afternoon tee times are slated to start. We played the back nine first, and when we were coming to #8 our 17th hole, you could see three groups backed up on the first tee. Course was wetter than I would have figured, since I can not remember when we had measurable rain. For as wet as the course was the greens were bone dry. Being dry, dormant bermuda, that is dyed instead of over seeded made the greens super slick. They could just as easily pave the greens with asphalt, paint them green, and probably have slower green speeds. Would be nice to play them when they are growing.
In season it may be worth the price, off season just beware of the greens and how it will affect your overall round.

I enjoyed the layout and conditions

The staff was very friendly upon arrival. The course was in good condition. The greens measure the course in my estimation. These were above average speed and held an approach shot well
Good experience!

Great course for a good price.

Visiting from PA and booked through GolfNow for the first time. Great service for a great price. Course met my expectations. Not extremely challenging. i am a senior player (66) and had a good time with a sub 90 round. Course was in good condition. Greens seemed a bit slow but overall a keeper if there weren't so many other courses to play and experience down here. Played in just under 4 hours with some locals who knew the course quite well.

Average Course with some good looming holes

Not a bad course at all. Played it twice. The first time the carpet guys were kind of rude but the second time they were much better. Different guides course soon. Course was in good shape. Couple of the holes are really nice but then some of them were a little bit odd.

4.1974823529

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.
500 Burning Ridge Road, Conway, SC 29526