Year Built 1993
Architect Larry Nelson (1993) Jeff Brauer (1993)

Great Value Course in Founders Club Package

This golf course was great surprise. The layout of the golf course is incredible. Pretty open with a short driveable par 4. Only negative was there was a slow group about three groups ahead of us but the rangers eventually moved them along. This golf course is a lot of fun to play. The greens were in perfect shape. We will be back on our 2021 trip. This course should be included in your package if your going to book the founders club package. The cart girl and the wait staff in the restaurant were all very friendly. Again charging for range balls is a negative in my book. Myrtle beach is a resort area the balls should be free of charge and be on the range waiting for golfers.

Great Value!

Got a great rate for afternoon golf. The rates were much more reasonable than other courses in the area. I've always liked the layout of the Avocet. It can be long but quite fair. The conditions were excellent although the greens were a tad slow but may be due to the lateness of the round. We were able to finish the round even with the late start. I highly recommend this course.

Greens on Steroids

I don't know if the greenkeepers wife had run off with his brother but most of the pin placements were vicious. This together with fast hilly greens meant the course played extremely difficult. I am used to tournament greens but my high handicap friends struggled to enjoy a beautiful course. The aim of every golf club should be to ensure every golfer feels challenged by their course but also leave it with a smile.

Were originally set up to play Pine Lakes. Found out greens had just been punched. Staff from Pine Lakes set us up in less that a minute at Wild Wing. Very, Very, Cool! Tough course, large greens, true roll, risk vs. reward makes you think your way around this baby! Loved it!

Great layout, nice people

Really fun and scoreable layout. There are places to find trouble though. A very good round can go to a very bad round quickly if you don't find fairways. A really great layout, they don't double tee which is always a great thing and everyone is really nice.

Excellent condition

This course is in perfect condition. D’ont miss out on this wonderful gem. Greens are immaculate and somehow difficult. Enjoyed every minute.

Great Course!

Great golf course from Tee to Green. The course was in very good shape, despite a couple of the greens having some algae issues. Loved the opened layout with big greens. Greens had lots of contour and made the round fun.

We pretty much had the entire course to ourselves after teeing off around 1:30pm. Highly recommend to play the Wild Winf Avocet course if you are in the area for a golf trip. Starter (Allen) was very friendly and the staff was great. We will be back!

wild wing avocet

great experience. people friendly. course and greens in very good shape. a bit sad to go back and have only 1 course left from what was 4 nice golf courses. would love to see a ban on cell phones. everyone is talking on there cell phones. so annoying!!

A Great Track

Brought out a group of 24 last Friday as part of a package so not sure of the cost. There are a couple of greens that need some help but came to find out that 44 courses in the Myrtle area have an algae problem due to the harsh winter.

Such a fun course and great staff. Only complaint would be that we finished at 6:30 and the bar was closed while we waited for our bus (college party was just starting in the banquet room). Always a great course to start out the trip with the open fairways and big greens.

Ontario Advisor

Enjoyed it again..........except for the greens

We played WW last year when it was SOAKED (cart path only) but we still enjoyed the layout and relative conditions enough to try it again this year. While the course was drier this time (we could freewheel with the carts), the greens unfortunately had been hit with significant winter kill, just like all the other courses we played (except TPC). Still enjoyed the layout and the conditions tee to green were great. But those greens — ugh. At least the staff were excellent again, and the clubhouse food was great, if not a little slow.

Well kept Secret

Played this course in the father and son tournament. The course is always in good condition and gives you a lot of different looks.. this is one of the only courses in Myrtle Beach that does not double T. I consider this a substantial advantage.

First round off the plane on a thursday afternoon. Course was just what the doctor ordered. Great layout from tee to green. Greens were in great shape and had very nice speed. Some undulating but most with nice predictable breaks making putting fun. The course is fair off the tee and had a very nice variety. Approaches were straightforward to challenging making club choice and landing spot important.

Bottom line is that this course was the best value we played down there on entire trip as we played caledonia, true blue and tidewater which were all very nice but pricey.

Gem in Myrtle

This was the last course we played while in Myrtle Beach. We were trying out a different course every day, and were pleasantly surprised at each. Our price point was around the $50 range. I am a 5 handicap, and the others are in the teens.

This was definitely the best course we played while in the area. The fairways were fantastic, rained hard the day before but drainage was best I have ever seen. Greens were all fantastic, and layout perfect.

Was nice that I could play back tees and they could play one up to have a good challenge. Very playable course, disappointed that i couldn't play again.

I will be back to this course for sure next time I am in the area....go there while the price is still reasonable!

A New Favorite

We played Wild Wing Avocet in 25 mph steady winds and a day after the course received 3 inches of rain. Despite it being a little wet and running cart paths only the course was absolutely beautiful. Fairways,tees, and greens we're in perfect shape and the views were spectacular. One of the prettiest courses in Myrtle Beach. It was a treat being this was our first time playing it. Will definitely be on our must play list for next year. Being a 4 handicap, well maintained, challenging golf courses are very important. Wild Wing exceeds both of those things. A true beauty of a golf course!!

Ontario Advisor

Seemed like a good course

Our buddies trip of 11 played here last month. Unfortunately, some wicked storms passed through the night before and the morning of our scheduled round, so we delayed our tee times until around noon. Given the amount of rain, it wasn't a surprise that we were limited to cart path only. What was a surprise tho was the great condition of the course, given the downpour. Yes, it was wet and yes the bunkers were mud, but taken in context, the course really was in great shape. It was our first time playing here but we all agreed we enjoyed it enough that we'd like to give it another try next year -- hopefully it'll be a little drier and the gale force winds will be a little lighter.

Favorite by Far

Every March we have a guys trip to MB and for the past 3 or so years, we end our trip w/ a Sunday round at Wild Wing. I absolutely love the layout of this course and it is always in great condition for the time of year we are playing. I would have loved to see this facility in all its glory back in the day when it boasted two 18 hole courses. The staff is always great to us and I cant wait to make it back next year!!

Beautiful Property

This was by far the best course I played my week in Myrtle Beach. Reminded me of a desert course. The rough was brown but the tees, fairways and greens were bright green. It was fairly soft and played very long. I played the white tees but probably should have moved up 1. Tough greens to read and lots of undulation. Played on a Thursday afternoon and the course was basically empty.

Great Course and super conditions but be prepared for SLOW play

I love playing this course except for one reason I'll discuss at the end. The conditions are consistently some of the best in Myrtle Beach. Greens are always fabulous. The course can get wet, call ahead to check on cart restrictions as there can be a lot of walking on cart path only days.

It almost always takes 4.75 to 5 hours to play however. The rangers are useless and will never ask anyone to pick up pace of play. I prefer to call them course monitors, they tell you it is playing slow and why but do nothing about it.

Cart girl deal of the area: $5 for a hot dog and drink.

Avocet

Course was in good shape...greens were smooth just rolling a touch slow..prob 9 on the stimp....for the right price this course is worth playing. Layout was good with some interesting holes.

Day 2 2016 Myrtle Beach World Am

Drew Wild Wing Avocet for Day 2 of the 2016 Myrtle Beach World Am. We had 96 players on the course and the staff handled it well. T hey were very friendly and courteous. The course was in excellent shape. The greens were fast by Myrtle Beach standards for summertime. Very smooth and putted true. Lots of undulations. The fairways were nice, tee boxes in good shape and the bunkers were groomed well.
Very good layout with some very good holes.
Well worth playing if you are in MB area.

Request A Vacation Quote From Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020