A view of a green at Blacklake Golf Resort

Type Public/Resort
Blacklake Golf Resort

Year Built 1996
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1990)

Dress code Collared shirts must be worn at all times. No tanks tops or cut-offs.

Bar, Grill

Playing Multiple Courses 19

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating of us! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lakes/Canyon at Blacklake Golf Course!

play elseware

The course was in really bad shape. The greens were just O.K. We played Cypress 2 days earlier. Pay the extra few dollars, and have a great time. .

Commented on 07/28/2020

Commented on 07/16/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Lakes/Canyon at Blacklake Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

No driving benefit

Bring your 3 wood. It’s challenging. Course management a must. Club House clerk was not friendly. Kind of a jerk actually

Commented on 07/15/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Lakes/Canyon at Blacklake Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

California Advisor

Blacklake

Rode the Blues (6034/69.3/124) on the Canyon/Oaks combo in 3.5H on a GN Hot Deal. Overcast, fairly calm and in the 60's made for pleasant golfing weather.

Ted Robinson, Sr. design. Shorter, tight, quirky tree lined layout. Many holes turn with shots over trees possible to shorten several holes. I hit as many irons off the tee as I ever have on a regulation 18 hole course.

From tee to green kikuyu. Mostly very playable but far from lush. Tees could use leveling and divot repair. Fairways played firm with lots of roll. Rough not very high but was penal because it was inconsistent. All were below average in condition.

Traps had decent sand and were okay to play out of.

Quick efficient check-in and a friendly Marshall. Basic carts did not have GPS, no on course services. The playing conditions and layout were at best mediocre. With this course right between Cypress Ridge and Monarch Dunes, it is hard to recommend with both those much better options within a few miles.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hi, Nick. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with the current conditions of the course and ask that you please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Lakes/Canyon at Blacklake Golf Course.

California Advisor

Blacklake

Rode the Blues (6034/69.3/124) on the Canyon/Oaks combo in 3.5H on a GN Hot Deal. Overcast, fairly calm and in the 60's. Shorter, tight, quirky tree lined layout. Many holes turn with shots over trees possible to shorten several holes. I hit alot of irons off the tee. From tee to green is mostly kikuyu. Very playable but far from lush. Tees could use leveling and divot repair. Fairways played firm with lots of roll. Rough not very high but was penal because it was inconsistent. Traps had decent sand and were okay to play out of. Greens putted medium speed and were receptive to full shots. Several on the Oaks 9 looked like they had some prior disease challenges. Many were bumpy. Quick efficient check-in. Basic carts did not have GPS, no on course services. The playing conditions and layout were at best mediocre. With this course right in between both Cypress Ridge and Monarch Dunes, it is hard to recommend with both those much better options within a few miles.

Fun Place.

Course is in average shape. Lots of debris . Canyon/Oak are more challenging. Staff is very friendly, food in the grille is always top notch for the price and portions.

Commented on 07/07/2020

First timer

Nice course, my wife and I liked the way the course was laid out, the fairways weren’t super tight, very forgiving on most holes.the greens speed was just about right,not to fast, and we also liked smelling the Eucalyptus trees as we played. In all, we had a good time on Mother’s Day Weekend, Thanks, From the Little’s

Commented on 05/18/2020

Wow, we are so happy that you and your wife enjoyed your round with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great time

Was concerned with all the hoopla but upon arriving , the staff was very friendly!! Even the Marshall! Course in threat shape. Will be back

Commented on 05/13/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Lakes/Canyon at Blacklake Golf Course. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Commented on 04/27/2020

Hi Leo, thank you for visiting us at Lakes/Canyon at Blacklake Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hi helesox. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Lakes/Canyon at Blacklake Golf Course.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hi, Gunner1818. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Lakes/Canyon at Blacklake Golf Course!

Commented on 06/25/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lakes/Canyon at Blacklake Golf Course!

Commented on 04/20/2020

Hi Mr. Schmidty, thank you for visiting us at Lakes/Canyon at Blacklake Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you get the chance to join us for another round again soon.

Commented on 04/01/2020

Hi, thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Lakes/Canyon at Blacklake Golf Course and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Black Pond is more appropriate moniker

No lake exist on or near the course. Some "mucky ponds" do show themselves, at times. The false advertising aside, the uniqueness of the 3 different 9 hole layout is enjoyable. Decently challenging, as well as decently groomed. It winds it's way thru various high end neighborhoods, and definitely has a country club feel. G.N prices are pretty good for this course.

Commented on 01/10/2020

Thank you for the recommendation, we appreciate your feedback and are excited to let you know that we have course improvement plans for 2020 and beyond. We look forward to having you back out at Blacklake Golf Resort in the near future!

Blacklake Golf Resort Management

Confusion!!!!

I booked the round using Golf Now app as I have a gift card. The facility would not honor my gift card so I had to pay out of pocket. There was a tournament that I was not aware of and the staff put us on the more difficult course. Since I am a new golfer, I found this a bit challenging. The tournament players were rude and pushy which intimidated me so that I did not finish the round. How do I make sure that my gift card is honored when arranging my tee times? Since the course was listed on GolfNow app, I thought that they would honor my gift card. Guess I need to find out how the gift card works if the courses will not honor it. Not a very good experience.

Public/Resort