Twin Oaks Golf Course

Year Built 1993
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1993)

Last Round of Vacation

Course is in excellent condition. Layout is pleasant and hole layout varied, which is nice. On cart GSP is accurate to the daily pin location. Definitely would play again.

3hrs for 9 holes...

Twin Oaks Golf Course has made a real resurgence in the last 2 or 3 years. The greens are in incredible shape, and the fairways in many areas are lush and green, with a few patches of dead and muddy ground. Still, this course is an incredible value when you play twilight for $30 w/ a cart.

The putting green is a bit patchy around it, and it could use a larger area with more undulation to it.

I did not have the opportunity to use the driving range.

So why am I rating it a 1 star? In truth, if that was the whole story, I would have rated this somewhere between 3 and 4. However, the day I went there was a Junior Golf event happening. We showed up about 15min before our tee time only to find out they were "running a bit behind". Hmm, would be pushing it to finish before dark, but maybe we could get ~16 holes in? Ended up teeing off almost 40 min after our scheduled tee time. Brutal but could still get ~14 holes in? Not a chance. Every shot we had to wait 5-10 min. At the 8th hole the group in front of us decided to cut across and play holes 4-6 again. We figured this would be great and we would be moving faster, only to find that we ended up waiting behind 2 foursomes on #9 tee box. By the time we tee'd off the GPS in the cart said we had an elapsed 2:45min and were 45min behind pace.

The course was painfully slow. We would often pull up to a tee where the foursome 2 groups ahead was just getting ready to tee off.

I was kind of livid and disappointed. It felt like a waste of my time. I went into the pro shop to ask about this and was told they had 80 juniors on the course. I am not sure I see the relevance of that. If they had that many people, why were they selling tee times? Why not just shut the course down? Why not have a marshal to encourage the juniors to play faster? If I had known the pace of play was going to be that slow, I would have booked a time elsewhere.

The person at the pro shop offered me a voucher for 9 holes. I said no thanks, I wouldn't be using it. I have no intention of going back to this course. Spending 3 hours to play 9 holes is absurd, and they are doing those juniors a disservice allowing them to play that slowly. I can *walk* 18 holes at my home course (~7k yards) in 3 hours. Twin Oaks showed a lack of appreciation for my time, and my time is very valuable to me. What's worse is they didn't really make an effort to make it right.

"computer issues" in the pro shop, second time in my last three trips here.
teed off 20 minutes late. three hour font nine. My group quit. group behind us quit. we were regularly hit into while obviously waiting on every shot. no marshal.
love the course but pace and lack of accountability of players is ridiculous.

Very good course

Booked through Golfnow....very nice course...good condition with smooth green...got stucked behind a not so good 4some....23 minutes behind pace...other than that highy reccommended.

Nice course- but leave it to GolfNow to mess up the tee times

First time playing here in a very long time. I actually didn’t remember the course at all.

Fairways, greens, tee boxes were in very good shape. Bunkers were decent.

Was rolling probably an 11 when we played. Staff was very very accommodating.

Course was overbooked at 11:45 tee time and there was a tournament going on in the morning that was just finishing. The pro shop comped us a free drink and range balls due to the 30 minute late start. We actually finished right at dusk.

Nice job twin oaks. Fail on GolfNow for continued over booking of courses. This is the second time this has happened in one month at a different golf course.

What a hidden gem!

This was my first, but certainly not my last time playing this course. Old California course with plenty of trees and a beautiful layout. The greens were incredibly nice,very impressed. I’m already looking forward to my next round there. Give it a try, for the money, you can’t go wrong!

Excellent greens

Greens and overall course conditions great despite recent rain.

This is one of my favorite course

The tee boxes have been over seeded No middle tees the front 9.tees were forward and back nine next to back tees. The greens were rolled and once on the green the putting was great. Give the course a few weels and should be back to what expect when play this course.

Inconsistent

Fairways were decent but the bunkers were a joke. Mostly hard pan that had one raking and absolutely no fluff to allow for the proper sand iron technique. The course was very wet even though there has been no rain for weeks.

The greens were nice and fair.

Very slow play fair conditions

The pace of play was very slow and never saw a Marshall or a car girl… Half greens aerated so putting was frustrating. Discount rate makes it OK, I would not pay full price!

Very welcoming to visitors

Made very welcome in pro shop , by starter and in bar. Round was a little slow but everything else was fine. Course in good conditon

Slow pace

I was instructed to begin on back nine. However, once completed, front 9 was still not open and I had to replay the back 9 again. By this time the course was crowded and pace was extremely slow. Decided to stop after 4 holes. Personnel didn’t see this as an issue.

Good Layout, good greens

Twin oaks is a good layout with both short and tight holes and long challenging holes. Greens are very good for a lower-cost course. Greens had good speed and would hold a solidly struck iron shot. Fairways on some holes were in very rough shape, but it didn't impact my play. Several areas of the course were also very wet and soggy, again didn't really impact play that much. For $30 twilight rate the course is very good, would definitely play again.

Twin Oaks - Good Deal

Played Twin Oaks on HOT DEAL for the day. Greens were in great shape for a public course. Layout had three challenging holes rest were moderate in scope. Long par 5s. A good course to play at twilight to avoid summer heat.

Nice layout

The course is fun to play challenging but fair the greens are in very good condition fairways are OK good in spots the Tee area was the worst part of the whole course and the rough is overgrown and extremely high not much sand in the bunkersBut overall in good condition

Many lost Balls

The Rought is way to long almost 5-6” very hard to find your ball in a timely manner. Cool lay out but target golf even Brighter balls were very difficult to find. I had several shot that I could never find due to height of rough. Bring lots of ball!!

Lake San Marcos, California