Twin Oaks Golf Course
Scorecard for Twin Oaks Golf Course
Blue M: 71.9/129 W: 78.9/145 361 500 194 369 527 356 170 334 370 3181 207 374 352 373 388 350 555 194 561 3354 6535
White M: 70.0/125 W: 76.7/141 344 475 173 352 501 333 142 319 353 2992 179 353 338 349 366 332 533 166 538 3154 6146
Red M: 66.3/116 W: 71.7/130 301 445 134 277 457 308 115 303 337 2677 155 319 317 304 327 310 459 125 430 2746 5423

Year Built 1993
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1993)

Many lost Balls

The Rought is way to long almost 5-6” very hard to find your ball in a timely manner. Cool lay out but target golf even Brighter balls were very difficult to find. I had several shot that I could never find due to height of rough. Bring lots of ball!!

Decent layout, terrible pace

The weather in San Diego has been cold and wet, so the fairways were in bad shape. The greens rolled well. Because of the fairway conditions the course was cart path only. This contributed to a very slow pace of play. I finished my round at 4:20 with my 11:12 tee time.

Good Sunday Round

Course was empty. Clubhouse staff was super friendly. Round was done in 3 hours. Tricky and narrow course that is challenging but opens up towards the end. Might not be worth the 45$ price range but would play again for 30$.

Cart path only?

Course layout was nice. Rating is lower than I otherwise would give due to cart path only conditions causing 5+ hour round.
In my opinion this should have been posted on Golfnow when booking rather than be surprised at course.

Would recommend

Good day, light during holiday. Course in great condition.

Worth calling before you go

Love this layout. But, they sent us off directly behind a junior golf tournament. No buffer between the competitors and the general public. We were scheduled for 12:56, really teed off about 1:15, made the turn just before 4:30. Got through about 15 holes. I’ve also played here when it’s quiet and I love this golf course, but no one wants to play 15 holes in 5 hours. Just worth giving them a call before you tee it up.

Afternoon Golf

The course was in good shape and we did it in 3.5 hours.

Staff sucks

If you book on golf now and are not an uppidy rich guy expect to be looked down upon i booked on sat night for sunday morning and when my buddy and i checked in we were treated like we were a huge inconvenience to the staff and their friends who were getting ready to play same goes for the starter i wanted to give them all a reality check

Beware 5.5 hour round

Played on a Friday and it took 5.5 hours . Talked to the course and their reply was they had a tournament earlier and it ran longer than planned. Great, but sucks when they manage the course so horrible that it hurts the players later the day. For the price play somewhere else. The conditions were okay. The bunker were hard needed sand.

Course Is In Great Shape

I've probably played this course at least a dozen times and yesterday's round (Sunday April 23) was the best shape I've ever seen the course. They had a tournament going on in the morning I think, and we played at noon. We were a two-some and they put us behind a foursome, so it was a little backed up but nothing too bad. I think (according to the touchscreen in the cart) it took us about 4:15 to play 18. The pins were all in the toughest possible locations, which made the track a bit tougher. Not a super difficult course, but fun and currently in great shape. JC Gold has done a great job with the clubhouse, food and bev, etc etc.

fun to play but ...

we liked the course layout but they should have told us that they were aerating some of the fairways - the first three holes were aerated and the third hole was a real mess.I think they should have discounted the rates and been upfront about the aeration - be sure to call them before you book.

One of the worst in SoCal

Course tee boxes over grown. You love balls in the first cut of rough. Bare spots in the fairways and untamed or melt bunkers. Dead grass all over from not bagging overgrown rough grass. Course layout is already difficult the rough makes it impossible. Pace of play was dreadful. Backed up on multiple tees 3 sometimes four groups deep. No Marshall in sight. Called the clubhouse. Marshall that came out said no one wants to join up to make the pace faster. Sorry it’s your job to make them join up. Surprised JC golf partners with the garbage track. Oh and they barge $70 on weekends. I wouldn’t play here for $15. Asked for my money back after the round or at least a refund and was told no sorry. Will never be coming back here and recommending no one else does either until it’s under better management.

Great Layout

This course has a classic design - great variety, wonderfully maintained.
Greens are fast and true.

Nice challenge, but way too slow

Enjoyed the course and the company, fairways were growing in well and the greens were true. However it took 5 hours and 20 minutes to play, which is totally unacceptable, and, of course no marshall to be seen anywhere. Ironically the new GPS system on the carts points how far behind you are, it gave up after 60 minutes. We were told afterwards there was a slow outing in front of us and there was nothing they could do, in fact I suspect there was nothing they dared do.

Would love to come back and play in an hour less, would have to ask the right questions first.

Twin Oaks

Greens were excellent! A few bare spots on the fairway, but good condition. The grass on the tee boxes need to be mowed. Some of the tee boxes felt like I was in the rough.

The course is challenging, but if you keep it straight, can shoot low scores. Tip, stay below the pin

Enjoyed the Course. Greens were excellent. Local people we played with were friendly and fun.

I set up a 6:32am tee time on my JP Golf membership and checked in at the pro shop around 6:00am. Told the pro at the desk I did not need a cart and was walking. He said I could go out when I was ready and I tee'd off at about 6:25. I walked the course and had played the front nine in 1 hour flat. On the back nine I let a single golfer in a cart go by me on the 11th hole and when I arrived at the 15th hole there was a foursome that just tee'd off in front of me. I looked around and they had started a scramble at 8:00am!! I had wished the pro would have told me when I checked in or that something would have been said when scheduling. I played 15 and it took almost 25 minutes and ended up walking off the course and leaving. I was not racing to get done but could have played all 18 in 2 hours had the tournament not started.

As for the course, the fairways were in pretty good shape for this time of year but some of the greens were punched and not quite ready for play. I am sure the greens will be in nice shape in another couple weeks.

Lake San Marcos, California