Galleon/Brigantine at Shipyard Golf Club

Shipyard Golf Club
Green (W) 72 5127 yards 70.6 122
Green/Red (W) 72 4915 yards 68.9 118
Scorecard for Brigantine/ Galleon
Gold M: 73.4/135 401 396 501 347 180 404 412 192 523 3356 393 477 428 407 179 517 384 184 410 3379 6735
Blue M: 71.1/131 358 363 468 328 170 349 364 160 494 3054 371 452 393 384 157 490 345 172 382 3146 6200
White M: 69.4/128 332 359 452 304 143 344 338 144 469 2885 349 440 375 367 136 470 328 146 363 2974 5859
Green M: 66.6/113 W: 70.6/122 290 298 401 246 117 266 303 127 421 2469 315 408 335 343 113 409 313 121 301 2658 5127
Red W: 68.9/118 290 298 401 246 117 266 303 127 421 2469 315 340 275 293 113 409 279 121 301 2446 4915

Year Built 1970
Greens Diamond Zoysia Grass
Architect George Cobb (1970) Willard Byrd (1982)

Playing Multiple Courses 10

Challenging Course

Played from the Blue Tees, its a pretty good challenge. Lots of doglegs, probably next time around would play better. The greens were somewhat slow, but rolled pretty true for bermuda greens. Fairways were excellent, as well as the tee boxes. Enjoyed our time out there.
Course Layout Good

Shipyard should switch a letter around...

We paid 80$ to play a course that was not worth 30$. The entire course was in deplorable condition. The greens were the slowest on the island that we have played in addition to having what can only be described as sand traps on many of the greens. One of the guys we played with said he felt bad for the greens, since they had clearly come down with leprosy. In addition to the issues with the greens, the tee boxes looked as if they hadnt been maintained in weeks. The fairways themselves were in okay shape, but if you hit a ball 2-3 feet into the rough you would only be able to find it if you happen to be carrying a machete to cut through it. As far as off course goes all i can say is that 3 hot dogs and 3 adult beverages came to 70$ at the turn. Play this place at your own risk!
Staff Friendliness Fair
Pace of Play Fair
Off-course amenities Poor
Course Conditions Poor
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Fair
Staff Friendliness Good

Horrible Service

I rarely leave reviews, but the treatment my guests and I received at this course motivated me to take the time to do so. We are easy-going people, and yet the persistent mistreatment we experienced at Shipyard was bad enough to elicit this response. Each time we played here throughout the week the starters were incredibly rude. Despite arranging which courses we were going to play ahead of time we were told to play the wrong course each day. We were fine with that, but subsequently the marshals flagged us down on the 3rd hole and told us we were "playing the wrong course" multiple times despite the pro shop having sent us to that specific 9. We were also given the wrong tee time one day which would have been fine with us, except the bag handlers and starter blamed us for their mistake and were quite uncivil. Needless to say, despite frequenting the island and playing a lot of golf we will never return to Shipyard.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Poor
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Average

Shipyard

The course was very wet after a rainy night, causing us to have to stay on the cart track which made for alot of walking. However, the staff was very friendly and it was an overall good experience. Its was a challenging course for a newer golfer, like myself.

Nice round!

Played the Brigantine 9 and the Galleon 9. Due to lots of rain the Brigantine fairways had not been mown and the greens rolled nice but slow. Was impressed with how full the greens were. The Galleon 9 was mown and greens were full and rolled true and a little faster. Really liked the layout of the course. Plenty of dog legs and water on almost every hole. Plenty of risk reward shots. I saw a lot of comments about rude staff, but the staff was nice and friendly. They did not go above and beyond like some courses, but in no way were they rude or unfriendly. I would play this course again. I purchased my round at a discounted rate through golf now.com and had no problems.
Staff Friendliness Good
Off-course amenities Average

A little soggy

Played the course after hard rain the night before and during the week. Because of the wetness the course was a little rough around the edges. Greens were in good shape. Had to play cart paths only and the cart path was always on the wrong side of the fairway!. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Good value for price and I will play again.
Value for the Money Excellent

Just golf!

These guys mean business. Not too friendly, doesn’t matter where you’re visiting from, all they want is to get you on the course and move along. I don’t mind that because that’s why I play when I’m out of town. I love to play golf more than having drinks, telling stories, or spending 5 hours away from my family. I can do that with them! Play golf on the course and don’t mind that the starter, clubhouse personnel and others are AT WORK! The course is very nice for public courses. I don’t see paying more than $75 any time of day. The greens are slow but consistent. I will play there again!
Staff Friendliness Fair
Pace of Play Average

HHI DALE

This course is one of the best on the island. It should be on everyone’s play like list.
Value for the Money Excellent

Beautiful golf course. Great service

It was the hottest day of the year. They kept pace of play quite fast. 18 holes in 3hr 20min. As well, water was everywhere and they reminded everyone to stay hydrated, wear sunscreen, watch for wildlife. Water stations about every four holes.
Off-course amenities Excellent
Course Conditions Excellent
Request A Vacation Quote From Heritage Golf Group
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Heritage Golf Group will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019