Style Desert

Although there are many other desert golf courses in the Phoenix area, Apache Creek Golf Club offers one challenging championship course that requires the use of every club. The golf course features wide open fairways and undulating greens that are sloped back to front, some are also double-tiered. There are also numerous sand and grass bunkers protecting the fairways and greens. Extensive mounding on the course cause uneven lies and water hazards come into play on a few holes. The most difficult of the several demanding holes on this golf course, is the lengthy par-5, 10th hole. Apache Creek Golf Club also boasts two practice greens, a pitching and chipping green with a sand trap, and a large driving range with various targets.

Apache Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1994
Architect J. Alsip

You Get what you Pay For

1st time playing this course. Was looking for an open course during over seeding time in Mesa. This course was open and the price was OK given that they told me they had just over seeded and it was cart path only. However, the course was just awful. The fairways were, of course, wet but many, many bare spots. The cart paths were good in a few places but would spill your drink bumpy in most others. The greens were awful. They needed mowing in the worst way. Not a good golf experience. I will not play the course again.

fair value

Overseeding is evidently completed . Watering throughout on the course in the afternoon. Cart path only, but the fairways are muddy and grass is spotty.

Greens are average speed but not cut or rolled. Wait a few weeks before you go.

Weren’t many options

My buddies and I were looking for a early tee time on a Sunday morning for a foursome. Upon starting our search, most courses were sold out or doing their over seed so our options were slim. The condition of the course was not good at all, but we expected this at this time of year. The greens were very slow and didn’t matter how we tried to read them, it was putt and pray! But overall we enjoyed ourselves! I think if the course was in better condition, it would be more enjoyable. The holes were very close to each other, to the point that when I got to the tee box, I wasn’t always sure which flag I was driving toward as I would see several from the tee box. Many times, myself and others ended up on the fairway next to us. If they have a good deal, I may play again!

Commented on 10/08/2019

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Please bear with us as we continue to make improvements at the course! We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back! Apache Creek Golf Club thanks you!

Golf at Apache Creek

The course is in pretty good condition especially just after overseeding. Greens were a little bumpy but expected considering the circumstances.

Commented on 10/08/2019

Hi, Frank! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back for another round at Apache Creek Golf Club!

Horrible

The course was in bad shape as they over seeded and punched the greens. The problem I have is that they didn’t bother to report it to Golfnow.com so I could see what the deal was with their course. Instead, they said they had it on their website. Further, there was a gal that was working the front counter at check in and she had a bad attitude. She was arrogant and grumpy, and she told me that as a single I would have to wait on the course due to the traffic. After asking her about waiting she said it would be slow, but I never saw anyone behind me or in front of me the entire round. I played in 3.5 hours. She was clearly not the right person to be part of their customer service. She was horrible.

I’ve played this course many times and never experienced this lousy customer service or this condition on the course. I will not play here again with so many other choices.

Commented on 10/07/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Apache Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hello. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Apache Creek Golf Club. We hope you give us another try in the future.

Embarrassing Course Conditions

The conditions have gotten so bad that the course just needs to close and fix it’s barely playable. There’s no fairways just a blend of desert and rough and furry greens. I walked off after 9 holes as the rest wasn’t worth playing. Management needs to take this personally and either close this golf course for good or undergo serious renovation

Commented on 09/24/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Apache Creek Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

The course is in very bad shape.

40-50% of the grass is missing in the fairways. The greens are very bumpy. I realize it is mid September but in all my years playing here, I have never seen it in this condition.

Commented on 09/24/2019

Hi, thank you for leaving us a review. The conditions of the course are not the standard we set to achieve but there was a problem with the water pumps for a while so the fairways and greens are still recovering. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us and we hope you give us another try in the near future. Thanks for visiting Apache Creek Golf Club.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Apache Creek Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Arizona Advisor

Good Practice Course

I play here to work on my game more than anything. The fairways are pretty rough and the rough is mainly hardpan. The greens are in fair shape, though a bit slow. I tend to kick the ball onto grass patches when I land on a bare spot in the middle of the fairway and consider that a way to get around the place. A golf purist wouldn’t be playing here anyway.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us at Apache Creek Golf Club!

Not Worth Free Play

Course:
Went up at 2:45 on a 109 degree day. Paid my $14 for 18 holes. The fairways and dirt blend together. A perfect shot right in the middle of the fairway and you will be hitting off dirt. The traps were horrid. The greens were literally a quarter to half inch long and bumpy as all get out. Slow as can be. This course I won’t play for free. It’s the worst course in the 20+ courses I’ve played over the past 2-3 months. Pathetic. It looks like they gave up and are letting it die and just ending the course. That’s what they should do anyway.

Pace: they decided it would be intelligent to release 3 middle schools worth of kids to random holes all over the course. All of them walking. Why even let me pay and “play”18? YOU GUYS ARE PATHETIC. I paid to go play a round of golf and play 18 holes. If you can’t provide that get the deal off golf now or put up a warning on it!! Long story short I was only able to play 7 holes of just terrible golf on a terrible course and just left.

Service: obviously they should not have let me play with the school situation, but just as bad, the restaurant and bar wasn’t even open to get a cooler to keep my water cold or to buy the beer I would have bought had they been open. What golf course can you not even purchase water at lol

*** I will never come here again. I hope you don’t either. I am embarrassed for them. They need to get their stuff together cuz I know a ton of courses that are $10 hot deals right now that blow this one away.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We apologize for the negative experience you had with us. Your feedback has been escalated to the teams in charge so that they can work to make changes and so that they are aware of the poor day you had. In regards to the poor course conditions, we had an issue with the water pumps a few weeks back that has since been addressed and fixed. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop if you wish to provide further feedback. Thank you for playing Apache Creek Golf Club. We hope you give us another try in the future.

Return Visit

Fairways really showing dry conditions now. Drives down the middle of the fairways and hitting off hard pan. Summer conditions for sure.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back! Thanks for playing Apache Creek Golf Club!

CHALLENGING

The course was in good shape considering the time of year - mid summer! The Cart paths are a bit sparse and the layout is quite odd so it is very difficult to navigate from hole to hole and also to make sure you are teeing off in the right direction. At this time of year, you can get a good value at this course

1st timers, try to hook up with somebody who has played this course. It is very difficult to navigate

Commented on 08/23/2019

Hi! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Apache Creek Golf Club.

Course is confusing

Wasn’t the best course the paths were confusing and it weaved in and out. No option to get drinks bar was closed. But it was cheap so expected

Commented on 08/15/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Apache Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Greens

Greens had been aerated. Wold have been good to know that up front.

Commented on 08/12/2019

Hello, BigoBoys13. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We strive for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule. The greens will be healed soon and in pristine condition. Please come back soon for the 5-star experience you expect at Apache Creek Golf Club.

Apache Creek

Greens had been hacked. Would have been good to know that in advance.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back soon! Thanks for choosing Apache Creek Golf Club!

Summer conditions

My first time playing this course. For summer conditions and recently punched greens, course was in decent shape and enjoyable. Drinking water and a couple of locations on each nine was helpful. I will play Apache Creek again.

Commented on 08/09/2019

Baked

Entire course was sun baked, dry and hard. Good day for roll out and distance, not so good for landing on and holding greens. Give this place a month or so before trying it. Plugged greens and bone dry, dirt fairways should be back

Commented on 08/08/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course conditions is extremely important to us. We are working to get everything up to par as the the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Apache Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Needs maintenance, and water.

Needs maintenance, and water. Fairways and greens in terrible condition. Never play this course in the heat of the summer.

Commented on 08/12/2019

Hello, MiMoClub. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback and will escalate your comments back to the team so that they can work to make changes. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop if you have any additional feedback. Thank you for playing Apache Creek Golf Club.

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.