View of the 6th hole at Apache Creek Golf Club

Style Desert

Although there are many other desert golf courses in the Phoenix area, Apache Creek Golf Club offers one challenging championship course that requires the use of every club. The golf course features wide open fairways and undulating greens that are sloped back to front, some are also double-tiered. There are also numerous sand and grass bunkers protecting the fairways and greens. Extensive mounding on the course cause uneven lies and water hazards come into play on a few holes. The most difficult of the several demanding holes on this golf course, is the lengthy par-5, 10th hole. Apache Creek Golf Club also boasts two practice greens, a pitching and chipping green with a sand trap, and a large driving range with various targets.

Apache Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1994
Architect J. Alsip

Snacks, Grill

Clubhouse

Good Value

Fairways and Greens were great, but they dried up all their creeks and lakes!!!

Commented on 08/03/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Apache Creek Golf Club.

Commented on 08/05/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Apache Creek Golf Club!

Commented on 07/27/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Apache Creek Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Fun Times

The course conditions were decent for this time of year. Sand traps were good. Greens were also decent for this time of year. Fun Times!!

Commented on 07/27/2020

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Apache Creek Golf Club.

Plays Twice a year
Commented on 07/24/2020

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Apache Creek Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great day

Course in very good shape. I have never seen it better. Staff not wearing masks in golf shop or grill.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Good Course

Had a nice time playing this course. Greens were recently punched, but not too bad to putt on. Overall, the course was in good condition.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Apache Creek Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/09/2020

Arizona Advisor

What a bargain!

There is nothing fancy about Apache Creek but it is generally in pretty darn good shape and at a bargain price. Even in the summer heat, the greens are very good. A few wet spots from bad sprinklers but we had a great time. The greens were great. Most of the traps were decent which can't be said for lots of more expensive courses. Give it a shot.

Commented on 06/26/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Apache Creek Golf Club!

Love the course

Great shape, have been playing since 2004 here. Winter rates are to high for me but the summers are awsome. 1 complaint,this year theres an attendant constantly watering while you tee off on various holes,as well I wish the courses would require proper attire again.

Commented on 06/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to having you back in the future. Apache Creek Golf Club thanks you!

Nice course but what’s most important was lacking.

Nice course, but really need to work on customer relations. Should be welcoming and have mannerly friendliness. No one seemed to be happy that golfers were there or interested that they were there.

Commented on 06/10/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Good course

My wife is a new golfer and it was great for her to play. I also enjoyed the course as it is wide open and you can drive the ball a little extra.

Commented on 06/17/2020

Commented on 06/08/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing Apache Creek Golf Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

One of my favorite courses

This is one of my favorite courses. I have never had a bad time playing here (except the time the wind was 30+mph).
I buy the summer pass every year and usually play as earlier in morning as possible, ave round takes 2.5 hrs.
Courses is always in good shape.

Commented on 06/09/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are grateful that you consider us one of your favorite courses! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Apache Creek Golf Club thanks you!

Starter and friends

We had a foursome for a 9 a.m. tee time. At 8:40 we saw that the starting area was significantly backed up. We went to get in the staging area and found that the starter was letting "his friends who play there a lot" tee off with no tee time. He sent 2 foursomes off and then a scheduled tee time. Then at 8:58 he was already behind and two more groups of his "friends that play there" just drove up and he put them in front of more scheduled tee times. We finally teed off about 9:40. I even asked him what was the point of tee times, and he just said they play "a lot". We have been playing that course for a few years, and lately this is the third time this has happened. The starter DID NOT CARE about tee times or keeping the flow. He even said, "well, they play fast".... by the end of 7 holes, they were two holes behind the group in front of them. Needless to say, it made for an extremely long round of golf. I know the group behind us won't play there again, and neither will we. There a a few better courses within a few miles that will get our money. Unless you are OK with watching other folks play your tee time, DON"T GO THERE

Terrible tee time management

Got to the course and saw that there was a men’s league queued up at the 1st tee. Hit a bucket of warm ups and the queue was not getting smaller. Heard the starter tell another group that they normally have 20 in the league but today they brought 27...so I guess they didn’t need tee times. At that point we were already 20 mins behind and I could see the pace of play was headed for the 5-6 hour mark. Went to the pro shop to get my money back and, regarding the delay, they said it was a holiday. The point of tee times is you have a time. Don’t let your men’s league manage your course as it has scared this regular. Went to another course and played a 4 hour round...on a holiday!

Nice, friendly, accommodating staff. Even though it was a holiday weekend, I could start at my leisure when I was ready. Nice, complete practice facility with practice range, chipping area and two putting greens. Great price for a real nice course. Fairways were nice and green with no dead spots or dried areas. Greens were fast, faster some courses I've played in AZ. Typical Arizona desert style course. Played from the tips as always and had no issues with course design, layout or condition. I'd play this course again without any hesitation or concern.

Commented on 06/03/2020

Another round at a frequently visited course.

Course for this time of year is good. A few 4somes hitting 2 to 3 balls off each tee box slowed things down but all in all a good day to be out on the course.

Commented on 06/03/2020

Thank you for leaving us a review! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to having you back again soon. Apache Creek Golf Club thanks you!

Always enjoyable

Staff took all appropriate precautions relative to COVID-19. Also friendly and efficient. Course in good condition especially for late May. Played as a threesome in 3 hours 15 minutes. All I've come to expect at this course, in the very best sense. Will certainly play again next season.

Desert course

I thoroughly enjoyed playing this course. I played the blue championship tees which makes the course fairly long. It is a flat course without any obstacles or hazards.

Commented on 05/22/2020