Prescott Country Club

Prescott Golf Club
Scorecard for Prescott
Blue M: 70.9/127 347 366 189 387 420 529 191 420 484 3333 359 439 212 498 367 199 391 347 510 3322 6655
White M: 69.2/122 W: 74.7/132 336 354 151 371 399 506 169 401 467 3154 338 420 189 481 350 176 374 327 493 3148 6302
Red W: 71.2/124 306 321 149 336 329 484 148 382 450 2905 312 369 121 449 324 154 328 307 463 2827 5732

Year Built 1971
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Milton Coggins

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bad Course. Condition

There is nothing more frustrating than hitting a perfect drive right down the middle of the fairway only to find your ball sitting in a sunken patch of dirt. Golfers are suppose to be rewarded for shots like this, not penalized by hitting out of crap like that! There are spots like this all over the course and it’s unacceptable! Also, the bunker sand is rock hard in many of the bunkers making it impossible to make a decent shot! I thought this course had new ownership that was improving things. We’ve played this course many times as we like to get out of the heat in Phoenix. We will no longer make the drive as long as these conditions exist. I see very little improvement with the change of ownership and in some cases the course is worse!

great course - rude club attendant

I am writing this in hopes that management will take note of poor proshop attendant . Had a 1pm tee time and arrived about 45 minutes early, we told the cart assistant we were early and he said course wasn't busy at all and we could start right away. Got in to pay and was charged 20 buck more because we started early. When questioned about it, attendant at register said , "Well you can just wait then till your scheduled tee time." I have golfed all over at much nicer courses and if they weren't busy and I arrive early they honor the rate that I booked my tee time for. I would totally understand if they were busy, but in this case no one was waiting and the parking lot was nearly empty. I then asked if I could demo a club and attendant looked at me like I was from another planet to ask such a thing. Prescott Valley is a golf destination and this course was in great condition for early season and I was surprised there was so few people there, but after how I was treated I can see why people would go elsewhere. Great course, but very disrespectful employee and I like many other customers want to be treated like a customer NOT like an annoyance!!

A good layout but,,,,,

A good layout but.....

Fairways need work

Greens need work

Traps need sand

There are better golf values in the area

Response from Prescott Golf & Country Club on 01/09/2018:
Thanks for the 5 stars! Come back again soon.

My time for golf

Prescott country club is in fair to good condition. The greens were more brown than green. # 18 green was in pretty rough shape. I was charged a higher price than quoted from Golf now. Over all we had a very good time. The starter paired us up with a couple of new golfers and then asked us to play faster on the fourth hole. What!!! Yes a new guy takes a little longer ease up no one was waiting behind us more than a couple of minutes. Come on now!

Response from Prescott Golf & Country Club on 01/03/2018:
We appreciate you playing Prescott Golf & Country Club and for taking the time to share your thoughts by writing this review. We apologize if there was some miscommunication regarding the price you were quoted online but overall we're glad to hear you still had a very good time. Come back again soon!

Out of the Valley

If you want to get out of the valley for a day this is a great course to play. The cost is very reasonable and the staff is very helpful. The greens are not as good as I would like to see them. And sometimes the leaves on the course make it hard to find your ball. It was much better than back in the fall. I will definitely play this course again.

Response from Prescott Golf & Country Club on 01/03/2018:
Thank you for playing Prescott Golf & Country Club! We appreciate you recommending our golf course to others as well as pointing out how helpful our staff was. We look forward to you booking another tee time with us soon.
Response from Prescott Golf & Country Club on 12/29/2017:
Thank you for playing Prescott Golf & Country Club again. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.

Good solid course

Fairways ok. Rough cut very low. New and better sand going in traps. Players not taking time to rake them. Pity.. Greens grass very winter conditions. Rolls pretty true.

Response from Prescott Golf & Country Club on 12/21/2017:
We appreciate you spending a part of your day with us here at Prescott Golf & Country Club. Thank you for noticing the work we have been putting into the bunkers. Come back again soon!

In Limbo evaluation

Operating under new management it's not fair to say much other than hopefully positive changes will continue as time goes on. Right now being our winter on a cold and windy day, the experience is what it is. I would just say that if this management allows a party of five to play I hope they at least Marshall the course and keep those groups moving and respectful of others. That has not been the case in the past.

Response from Prescott Golf & Country Club on 12/21/2017:
Thank you for playing Prescott Golf & Country Club! We appreciate any and all feedback, especially regarding the pace of play. Let's hope for some better golfing weather next time you play out here.
Response from Prescott Golf & Country Club on 12/21/2017:
Thank you for the 5 stars!

Great staff great hospitality only negative complaint are the sand traps

Response from Prescott Golf & Country Club on 12/11/2017:
Thank you for your kind words and feedback! We hope you come back again soon.

Not much fun

Poor greens, soggy fairways . . . not very impressive conditions.

Response from Prescott Golf & Country Club on 01/03/2018:
We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. We hope you'll consider giving us another chance in the near future to exceed your expectations.
FWT

First time.

A great course for the average to below average player. Fun but not too difficult.

Response from Prescott Golf & Country Club on 11/21/2017:
Thank you for playing Prescott Golf & Country Club! We're glad to hear that we made a good first impression and we hope you book another tee time with us in the near future.

too many fivesomes ahead of us

fivesomes playing a skins game.holding everyone up.new management hopefully will change policy

Response from Prescott Golf & Country Club on 11/17/2017:
Thank you for playing Prescott Golf & Country Club. We do not allow groups of 5 to play together so we apologize if that was what you experienced during your round. We hope you'll give us another chance in the near future.

Good Test/Value Good

Course layout is interesting. Lots of doglegs and slopes. Fairways thin in November but consistent. Greens very fast. Par 3s challenging with length and greens on up-slope of elevated. Long par fours challenging. Short par fours and fives are the main scoring opportunities. Greens must be approached with lofted shots to hold.....angled shots will urn through them. Chips and pitches difficult with thin fairways and fast greens. Thin greens may just be a late fall condition. Course was interesting, fun to play. and will definitely return at all times of year. Set up for tee shots was excellent...you could always see where to go and optimize position for approach shot....don't forget to take into effect slopes.

Response from Prescott Golf & Country Club on 11/17/2017:
We appreciate you taking the time to leave this great review and provide some great tips for any future golfers of Prescott Golf & Country Club. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.

too many fivesomes ahead of us

I enjoy playing this course, but they shouldn't allow fivesomes to play.Ihope new management changes this policy,or they will lose customers

Needs help

Putting green shot. Course greens hard and super fast. No grass in the designated area on the driving range. Drove up from Phoenix area and was very disappointed.

Response from Prescott Golf & Country Club on 11/17/2017:
Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you feel this way but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future to exceed your expectations.

In Limbo evaluation

This course is in the mist of changing ownership so in fairness it's hard to give an accurate critique. Currently the pace of play is and always has been a problem at this course and still is. Extremely slow play and 4:45 minute rounds are unacceptable on a course like this. It seems to attract a large number of hackers which would be ok but please educate them on golf etiquette. It is NOT acceptable to take 20 plus minutes to play a par 4. Five minute rule MAX when looking for a ball, two to three is actually more acceptable. Enough for this round. Let's see how the course fares in six months.

Response from Prescott Golf & Country Club on 11/07/2017:
Your thoughts and feedback are much appreciated. We sincerely apologize if the pace of play took away from your overall enjoyment of the round. We hope you'll give us another chance in the future. Be sure to Like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date with all the positive changes our new ownership/management will be making!

Underrated course with great staff/price

A good track in good condition & maybe the toughest par 3s in the county, Great price & staff very helpful. While it is not a premium course like in the valley it is very challenging with fast greens very hard to read. Every hole has its own challenge but would play short for long accurate (young) golfers. Underrated by stoke & slope- it is a mountain course with nice views.

Response from Prescott Golf & Country Club on 11/06/2017:
Thank you for choosing Prescott Golf & Country Club. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and kind words. Be sure to Like us on Facebook and stay up-to-date with all the positive changes our new ownership/management will be making!
Dewey, Arizona