Style Traditional

Year Built 1971
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Milton Coggins

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Poor Set-up

Fairways far too narrow and rough far to tall for average golfer play. Course tricked up by this and not fun for average golfer. Could be easily fixed with proper mowing. Most players on this course are average and/or many Seniors.... not a good match for course set-up at all. This is not the US OPEN, There are other options available for the local golfer. Also the course is spotty as regards condition of fairways and greens. Tee set-up with 5 sets of tees is excessive and unnecessary. Whites only 5 to ten yards shorter than blues...might as well play the blues??

Enjoy Club Golf

I had played PGC 4 years ago and thought the course was in pretty rough condition. After reading some reviews I decided to give it a try again. Wow what a difference. Lush green fairways and nice greens. I fully expect it will improve even more within a few months work on some of the cart paths needs to be done. More sand in traps will help (although they are executable now) and a second cut on the fairways would be a plus instead of Fairway deep rough conditions now (If you can keep it in the fairway noe no problem exits --LOL). This is going to become my go to course in Prescott area. By the way the food was good too and service excellent.

Great golf day

The course was in excellent shade and the employees were friendly. Highly recommend.

Members do not appreciate "outsiders"

Jim L. in the pro shop was warm, friendly, and explained the Senior discount quite well. At the desk is a large sign requesting only two golf carts per foursome. The members disregard that sign and let it be known they do not like outsiders at THEIR course. One woman, I would guess in the 08:12 AM tee time, on the warm-up range let it be known she did not appreciate "outsiders" ( a term she used several times) at HER course. Had I not already paid for the round, I would have left over her rudeness and disrespect.
The new management group appears to be spending money to upgrade the course. They have a bit more work to do. The greens were very good, but the fairways needed work.
Normally I would not say not to play a course. However, until the new management educates the "members" on the absolute need for "outsiders' money "to sustain the course, I will not be back.

Course is a little dry but still worth the drive and well worth the money

My favorite best value heat getaway course in this state. Apparently the pump broke for 7 days yes a little dry but other than that can't beat the weather the value for the course okay how do I post it

PCC

Not a bad course and not too busy during week. Decent amount of elevation change. Greens in decent shape.

Dead turf on fairways, greens and tee boxes

Horrible conditions, this used to be a lush course but I don’t know what’s going on but I don’t think they can save it this year. Don’t waste your time or money like I did. D

Repeat customer extremely disappointed

Don’t go until they get the course in playing shape! I’ve played this course about a dozen times over the past 4 years and I’ve never seen it like this! over half the greens are nearly burnt out dead the other half may be 1/2 burnt out. The fairways are 1/2 dead as well. I paid $120 for my 3 sum and wouldn’t have paid $50 if I’d know how bad it would have been. Disappointed sine this course is only 1 hour from my home in the NW Peoria area, I will miss getting in my car in July and Aug for the short drive to Dewy for a pleasant round at Prescott CC.

Course in nice shape

Fun round with a bit of undesirable help from the wind. The course was in nice shape. (The fairways could have been cut a little shorter). Had a pretty good round for my level.

course has been in better shape

Hopefully under new ownership course conditions will improve. This used to be in great shape but currently needs just a little work to return to what it was.
Pace of play was slow due to group of "volunteers" using their last punch cards for free play.

Bad Course. Condition

There is nothing more frustrating than hitting a perfect drive right down the middle of the fairway only to find your ball sitting in a sunken patch of dirt. Golfers are suppose to be rewarded for shots like this, not penalized by hitting out of crap like that! There are spots like this all over the course and it’s unacceptable! Also, the bunker sand is rock hard in many of the bunkers making it impossible to make a decent shot! I thought this course had new ownership that was improving things. We’ve played this course many times as we like to get out of the heat in Phoenix. We will no longer make the drive as long as these conditions exist. I see very little improvement with the change of ownership and in some cases the course is worse!

great course - rude club attendant

I am writing this in hopes that management will take note of poor proshop attendant . Had a 1pm tee time and arrived about 45 minutes early, we told the cart assistant we were early and he said course wasn't busy at all and we could start right away. Got in to pay and was charged 20 buck more because we started early. When questioned about it, attendant at register said , "Well you can just wait then till your scheduled tee time." I have golfed all over at much nicer courses and if they weren't busy and I arrive early they honor the rate that I booked my tee time for. I would totally understand if they were busy, but in this case no one was waiting and the parking lot was nearly empty. I then asked if I could demo a club and attendant looked at me like I was from another planet to ask such a thing. Prescott Valley is a golf destination and this course was in great condition for early season and I was surprised there was so few people there, but after how I was treated I can see why people would go elsewhere. Great course, but very disrespectful employee and I like many other customers want to be treated like a customer NOT like an annoyance!!

A good layout but,,,,,

A good layout but.....
Fairways need work
Greens need work
Traps need sand
There are better golf values in the area

Response from on 01/09/2018:
Thanks for the 5 stars! Come back again soon.

My time for golf

Prescott country club is in fair to good condition. The greens were more brown than green. # 18 green was in pretty rough shape. I was charged a higher price than quoted from Golf now. Over all we had a very good time. The starter paired us up with a couple of new golfers and then asked us to play faster on the fourth hole. What!!! Yes a new guy takes a little longer ease up no one was waiting behind us more than a couple of minutes. Come on now!

Response from on 01/03/2018:
We appreciate you playing Prescott Golf & Country Club and for taking the time to share your thoughts by writing this review. We apologize if there was some miscommunication regarding the price you were quoted online but overall we're glad to hear you still had a very good time. Come back again soon!
Dewey, Arizona