Style Desert
San Ignacio Golf Club

Year Built 1989
Architect Arthur Hills (1989)

Pull-carts No

Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared shirt and bermuda shorts required. No denim.

Good Views

I have been coming down to Green Valley for 10 years.
San Ignacio had fallen on hard times when I first came here. Since new ownership this course has come a long
way. Fairways are good, sand is crusty but good, tees are fine and the greens are decent and the brush has been cleaned out. I applaud the effort of everyone involved with this golf club.
Good layout and challenging for scratch golfers and everyone else depending on the tees you choose.
Best course to play in Green Valley right now.

Commented on 12/04/2019

Great Course Great Value

As a retired 13 handicap snowbird I look for a challenge and good value when I book a golf time. San Ignacio is almost an hour form our home but it's well worth the drive. Staff are very friendly and remember me each time I arrive. The course is in Great condition and the owners have invested a lot improving the condition over the last couple years. Play it - you won't be disappointed.

Commented on 12/04/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great Day

It was overcast but not raining,had been during the night so the course was a little wet.. We both played well so an enjoyable day will play there again soon

Commented on 12/01/2019

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing San Ignacio Golf Club.

Good value

Course was in really good shape. Fairways wet. Sand traps need to be turned or tilled. Soft first inch or two then hard packed. Pace of play was good. Other players need to FIX THEIR Divots!!!!! Especially on the greens! It's sad that the course was just overseeded and yet the regulars don't take care of their course.

Commented on 11/26/2019

Golf in the desert

San Ignacio is a jewel in the desert. Fantastic views of the Santa Rita Mountains . Abundance of wildlife and views. The course layout very challenging at every level. The tee boxes / fairways / and greens were in great shape some sand traps need some TLC. Can’t wait to play again.

Commented on 11/21/2019

If only players would fill their divots

Course is Absolutely fabulous, Except for locals and tourists not taking care of the course as they should.

Commented on 11/26/2019

Good shape and interesting holes. Fairways in great shape. Players need to fix divots a bit more.

Commented on 11/19/2019

A friendly gem.

Fairways lush and green which helped to define the shot. Greens reasonably fast with no tricks and they hold a shot. Tee boxes a bit shaggy in spots but sure beats bald ones.. The variety of tees boxes and even a combo set make the course playable for all skill sets. This the best public course in Green Valley and rates were great. Going to play a 2nd day in a row tomorrow. First round a couple of days ago was done in 3.5 hrs, but today was 4.5 with lots of waiting. The views of the Mountains are great and the staff is friendly. I recommend this course to all without equivocation.

Commented on 11/19/2019

Hi Thomas. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at San Ignacio Golf Club!

signage

No sign telling you, that you have arrived at the correct course

Commented on 11/22/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars. We have made note of your suggestion and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 11/14/2019

Thank you for visiting us at San Ignacio Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Fun relaxed atmosphere

If you are looking for a nice course to have some fun with this one is for you. Great staff, nice pace of play, mostly wide open fairways and large greens. There are several challenging holes so don't get to relaxed. Course is in pretty good shape coming out of over seeding.

Course in excellent condition!

Considering the time of year and all courses have been overseeding ---- this course was in beautiful condition. The fairways were lush and the tee boxes and greens were excellent. This was the first day for 90 degree play off the cart paths so the course was very busy and pace of play was very slow -- just over 4 1/2 hours to play, we did a lot of waiting. Played with 2 very pleasant gentlemen so that was nice..

Commented on 11/07/2019

This Cource is in excelente shape

My self and my partners had a great time on the course, I recommend the course to other golfers and for my self I will be coming back..

Terrific Condition, layout

I highly recommend playing San Ignacio. The course is in amazing condition, especially considering the recent overseed. The fairway grass is the perfect height and immaculate. Greens are in great condition as well. The layout is first class with many very interesting holes. The entire setting is wonderful with numerous elevation changes. Staff were very attentive and helpful. Only complaint would be the bunkers are light on sand. Plan on playing there regularly even though it's a drive from Tucson.

New season

Cart path only having just completed re-seeding.
Great layout. Fairly short from white tees but very enjoyable.
Play here often...highly recommend

Commented on 10/31/2019

Paul, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing San Ignacio Golf Club.

Best course in Green Valley

The overseed was a success conditions are excellent.
Pace of play was abysmal, 5 hours.
Hopefully when they allow carts back in the fairway the pace of play will improve.
This is such a good track, Arthur Hills outdid himself on this one.

Commented on 10/31/2019

Great condition for early fall

I like this course for various reasons, but mostly because they appreciate my business. From the counter ladies to the starters they make you feel welcome. My first round today, back as a snowbird, I walk into register and a starter called me by name and welcomed me back. For the 2nd day open the course is in real good shape from tee to green. Some of the sand traps could use more sand, but beyond that a good day had by our group.

San Ignacio

One of my favorites! Good layout and the maintenance just keeps improving! Very good price for a great course with lots of character!

Commented on 09/16/2019

Hi John. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing San Ignacio Golf Club.

Valid dates: Dec 05, 2019 - Nov 01, 2020