Championship at Incline Village Golf Resort

The Championship Course at Incline Village will challenge golfers of all levels, and leave even scratch golfers breathless with a slope rating that tops 140. Combining amazing scenery with demanding golf action, the Championship Course is high on the list of traveling golfers looking for the best from their High Sierra golf package. Originally designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr., the course received a facelift in 2003, courtesy of golf course architect Kyle Phillips. The nearly $5 million renovation reinvigorated the course, which demands accuracy, as well as giving players risk-reward opportunities over trees and bunkers. With two golf courses - the Championship and Mountain courses - Incline Village offers something for all level of golfer, and offers outstanding service and conditioning, as well as top-notch practice facilities, making it a highlight for a High Sierra golf vacation.
White/Blue 72 6278 yards 70.2 131
Green (W) 72 5208 yards 68.7 127
Scorecard for Championship Course
Black M: 73.9/146 398 514 432 401 509 203 407 201 420 3485 432 494 423 621 219 437 407 175 413 3621 7106
Blue M: 71.6/140 364 488 397 384 491 175 393 183 393 3268 385 475 389 600 173 407 385 161 397 3372 6640
Blue - White M: 70.2/131 324 488 384 384 454 156 393 183 348 3114 339 475 389 548 145 373 385 161 349 3164 6278
White M: 68.8/129 W: 73.5/138 324 464 384 372 454 156 325 142 348 2969 339 432 356 548 145 373 354 139 349 3035 6004
Gold M: 66.5/124 280 458 362 328 437 114 321 132 317 2749 321 424 310 454 140 304 321 131 270 2675 5424
Green W: 68.7/127 275 424 356 322 431 101 300 116 312 2637 317 394 305 449 122 300 317 103 264 2571 5208

Year Built 1964
Fairways Poa Annua Grass
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1964) Kyle Phillips (2005)

Dress code Collared shirt, no denim

Fun Round

This was a great day and a great course. The day started off with a great experience with the marshall, who made us laugh and gave us some good course knowledge. We played around 2:30 and the course was pretty empty. Played with my wife who doesn't play often, but can play a little bit and she did fine. The cart GPS is helpful since there are a number of blind shots.

Course can give you all you want the further back you go. Need to be able to be pretty accurate off the tee if you are going to play from back there. I played the members blue/white combo and it was plenty of course. Greens were hard and fast so make sure you roll a couple before you play. Can't wait to play again I want to play this again to see if i can score better.

Overall it was a great experience and want to play it again next time i'm in the area.

Wonderful track but those greens.....

I really enjoy playing this course and have done so 3 times. However, each time we go the greens are just not up to standards. They are quite large but there are always spots that either need grass or just beat up. However, I will play this course any time I am in the area and over look the greens because it is a beautiful course with great views of the Lake.

Fantastic course and staff

We have often played at this course over the years and this year was the best ever. The course is beautiful and challenging for all levels. The staff are incredibly friendly and accommodating. They kept the pace of play going without being irritating. They definitely wanted to make sure that golfers enjoyed their day and we did. I would highly recommend this course. Thank you to the staff for making our visit to Incline the best we have had in 18 years!

A mountainous challenge

Unless you're an 8-handicap or less, play the white tees. You'll thank me. The course is difficult enough from those tees because of its uphill holes at the finish of the round and the river that always seems to be lurking on six holes.

The surrounding houses and development do little to distract from the beautiful alpine setting. The restaurant is good enough that non-golfers stop by to dine on the patio. All in all, a good experience from the first tee to the 19th hole.

Incline Village Championship Course

Great course. Beautiful views, in great shape. Anyone can play it, a challenge for all handicaps

Beautiful Course.

Staff were friendly and inviting. Called us in the morning and moved up our tee time to relieve congestion which definitely improved pace of play. Marshalls were very friendly and monitored the course.

Awesome as Expected

Staff was very friendly and helpful--both clubhouse, on-course and food/beverage. A great time at a course I keep coming back to for layout, scenery, condition and challenge. Doesn't get much better. Highly recommended.

Championship course

A great course. The staff was very friendly and the course layout was super. Definitely will play it again.

Very Challenging and Very Scenic

Terrific and VERY challenging course with beautiful mountain and lake vistas. Greens firm, fast, and tough. Recommend for lower handicappers to really score well.

Course Not For High Handicappers

Beautiful course. Great scenery, well worth playing. Fairways were in great condition, sand traps for the most part were in good condition and greens had just been sanded for the winter which made putting difficult, but this I knew going in, I came to play the course for the first time. Have to say the pace of play was slow due to no carts on fairways and we did have a group ahead of us that were extremely slow. The price to play normally is out of my range but I got a great deal on golfnow, the reason I went, glad I did. If you don't mind paying 3 figures this is a great course to play. I would love to play this course when conditions are better but unfortunately it is out of my range. Will wait for another good deal in the future. I do highly recommend this course though.

Super price due to winter prep time....

Beautiful course even though they were getting ready for winter. Greens and fairways were sanded but the view were amazing. Staff was really outstanding and friendly. Would have been nice to knwo "cart path only" before setting up tee time, altough they did have aan airation warning for the greens.

Mike Armstrong

The golf course was beautiful but the greens were being aerated and made it difficult to putt. The price was very good but the it was difficult keeping up with the pace of play because you could not drive the cart on the fairways.

Very service minded

We were really looking forward to playing this championship course. Unfortunately seven to ten other flights in one group had the same idea. After 4 hours having played 12 holes we gave up and headed for the caddiemaster. On hole 11 we waited for more than 20 minutes. We had already waited on every hole ten minutes on every hole. The three groups in front of us, the rest we could not see were having a lot of fun, with a lot of booze. Most of them could not play very well to put it mildly. When returning to the clubhouse we talked to a marshall who had been sweared at by people from the group. He was nearly in tears. The caddiemaster was very much embarrassed by what had happened. After talking to his manager we were offered a free replay and tons of excuses. Today we did replay, we had a very good time with another very friendly couple. Within 4.15 hrs we were back at the clubhouse having enjoyed the beautiful course which was in very good shape with very fast greens. We will return one day, but only if there not be such a big party of loudmouth and drunken players in front of us. Many thanks to the staff who were so much embarrassed, but did their utmost to apologize for the behavior of other players.

Wonderfull layout

This is mountain golf at its best, too bad it is ruined by concrete greens.

Fun time, Nice Course

We had a great time. It is a beautiful course that is very challenging especially for an average golf like me. The greens were the firmest I have played on, but it was fun to have the challenge. I would play again especially with the deal from GolfNow. The only 4 stars I gave it was for value. It is a little pricey for me, but it was vacation so I splurged.

Incline-Championship Course

Great course, very well maintained. Well worth the drive from anywhere in the Tahoe area.

Beautiful Course

This championship course was everything I'd expect. What I was not prepared for was how fast the greens were. So on par 3's choose club wisely because the ball rolls and rolls to back of green then off. Other than that- fairways excellent! Highly recommended!

Awesome course

Well maintained. Not an easy course- narrow. But so worth it!

Great Course!

I came to Tahoe to specifically play Edgewood because I had seen it in TV. Found out about Incline Village and boy am I glad I did. This place is extremely challenging and blows away Edgewood which I also played. Edgewood is an overpriced resort course. Wide open fairways and blah greens. The Championship course is tight with elevation changes and dog legs galore. Bring your big boy clubs. Only downside, no cart girl or water in the course. Yes we were the last tee time at 2:40 but this is inexcusable. Apparently this is the norm here. Very silly for such cheapness at such an upscale club. Also pace of play was very slow. This place is a must play in Tahoe. You can play here twice for the cost of Edgewood which is nothing special.

Waited 15 minutes at the 10th Tee and then the remaining time.

We felt they let additional golfers on the back 9-holes which delayed us badly.

Incline Village, Nevada