The Championship Course at Incline Village will challenge golfers of all levels, and leave even scratch golfers breathless with a slope rating that tops 140. Combining amazing scenery with demanding golf action, the Championship Course is high on the list of traveling golfers looking for the best from their High Sierra golf package.

Originally designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr., the course received a facelift in 2003, courtesy of golf course architect Kyle Phillips. The nearly $5 million renovation reinvigorated the course, which demands accuracy, as well as giving players risk-reward opportunities over trees and bunkers.

With two golf courses - the Championship and Mountain courses - Incline Village offers something for all level of golfer, and offers outstanding service and conditioning, as well as top-notch practice facilities, making it a highlight for a High Sierra golf vacation.

Incline Village Golf Course - Championship

Year Built 1964
Fairways Poa Annua Grass
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1964) Kyle Phillips (2005)

Dress code Collared shirt, no denim

Championship Course

The course was amazing the layout was beautiful and the staff was courteous friendly and attentive. Will absolutely play the course again!

This place is magnificent

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This course has its all. Amazing lighting fast greens. Beautiful tee boxes. Tee to green amazing. I will say there are a lot of bunkers but the real sand makes for amazing play!

Get there ASAP!!

One of my top 5 best greens I’ve played this season!
(I play at least 1nce/wk). The rates were unbeatable...$125 (NCGA rate)
$25 replay rate! Played 36!!! Not bust at all. Monday morning!

Best course on the lake

Played Edgewood the previous day and it was 50% more in price and not even half as nice. If you have a choice, make the drive up to Incline Village.

Love this place!

This course is very well kept, challenging, and enjoyable. The staff are very friendly and I’ve always seemed to be paired with some lovely people to enjoy the round with. No complaints here!

Hassle

After playing the first hole, the starter held us to allow a twosome out in front of us because they showed up late for their tee time. 3 holes later he was hassling us becuase we were 2 min behind pace of play(we waited 6-8 min for them to get out in front of us at 2nd tee. He then followed us for two holes. At the 8th I tried calling ahead to order bloody Mary’s. They said oh just order when you get here. So we finished front in 2:07. Then waited 15 min for drinks to be made. So then we were 6 min behind pace of play on 12 and the marshal told us to pick it up again on 12&16. Mins you we never saw the cart girl until 16 and we finished in 4:20. We were never going to catch a twosome(being a foursome). Overall very frustrating to pay that kind of money for lousy customer service.

Commented on 07/24/2019

Dear jeffatub, Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry for the service levels you received at our course this past Sunday. That is certainly not the kind of customer service we strive to provide and we'd like to see what we can do to make things right. Please give our Head Golf Professional Kyle Thornburg a call at 775-832-2981 and let him know about your experience (he's read your review and is aware of our mistakes that day). Thank you again for playing the Championship Course and we sincerely hope you will give us another try. - Paul with the Incline Village Golf Courses

Got behind several 4somes playing a tournament and did not care who was begin dating them and backed the whole course up. Rangers said was going to do something but did not. Stressed 4:15 rounds but ours took well over 4.5 hours.

Summertime Love

Was told to check out this course and that's what I did paid the hot deal rate for $79 and at that price I thought it was well worth it. Snow still melting so the streams and Creeks were running was quite beautiful views of the lake. Everything was very well kept only knock is the overall price without the deal.

A Good Ride Spoiled

Beautiful course in a high altitude setting overlooking Lake Tahoe.Greens somewhat inconsistent but well maintained. Fairways and tee boxes groomed nicely.Club rental was pricy ($75.00). Paired with a twosome.Pace average (4hrs)
Staff friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, a wedding party on a Monday evening decided to take photos on the 18th green as sunset was approaching . My group patiently waited but to no avail. I approached in my cart and requested they allow us and golfers behind to finish.I was cursed at and told to go ... .myself.I and my
playing partners were harrassed by the drunken wedding quests and bridal party.I could not finish the hole. They even threw the flag into the sandtrap. Reported incident to employee who said manager had left. Spoke with him on the phone. He half heartedly apologized and promised to get back to me, which he failed to do. I will not play here again until the management has adult supervision for its weddings.A Monday , really.

Championship Course at Incline Village

A beautiful, challenging and fair course that can be played numerous times without being bored.

Amazing course in great condition and unbelievable views

We played this course a little early after a bad winter but it was still in amazing shape. There were several holes we had to stop and take pictures of the incredible views and the streams running through the course are beautiful. The course is challenging but still a lot of fun. I would definitely go back.

Nice Mountain course

The course was very nice and in good condition for the most part. Most of the course was cart path only, but it was a harsh winter. The bunkers had very nice sand in them. The only real negative I saw was the greens were super slow. The guy I was paired with said they are not usually like that, so I will take him at his word. All in all a very good course, I would play again.

Stunningly beautiful course

Tree lined course with stunning views of Lake Tahoe. The course was in good shape and the greens were smooth and tricky. Elevation changes, particularly on the par 3’s made it difficult.

Now one of my favourite courses.

Course in excellent condition despite very hard winter

Had early time and was able to tee off 10 minutes early and play as a twosome. Tees, fairways and greens were in excellent shape this early in the golf season despite one of the heaviest snowfalls in years in the Tahoe region. Played in four hours despite the twosome in front of us spending more time in the woods than on the fairways. Like the layout: some left doglegs, some right, some long, some shorter. One of my favorites.

Great walk in the park on a very nice course.

Beautiful course in the pines and mountains, but not kind if you stray from the fairways. Quite a challenge for this old guy, playing from the tips. I think I could improve 15 strokes if I palyed it again with new found course knowledge.

Great golfcourse

This course setting is ideal for the golfer who has some directional skill and wants a great day in the park. Holes can be tricky if you don't hit it in the fairway, so have three of four extra balls handy. All in all, it was a very memorable experience. I love the up and down holes in the tall pines. Greens were semi fast, and probably will be faster when the weather warms up.

Tahoe’s finest

Great course. Tough layout. Lots of long carries to green. Super fun!

Fun Round

This was a great day and a great course. The day started off with a great experience with the marshall, who made us laugh and gave us some good course knowledge. We played around 2:30 and the course was pretty empty. Played with my wife who doesn't play often, but can play a little bit and she did fine. The cart GPS is helpful since there are a number of blind shots.

Course can give you all you want the further back you go. Need to be able to be pretty accurate off the tee if you are going to play from back there. I played the members blue/white combo and it was plenty of course. Greens were hard and fast so make sure you roll a couple before you play. Can't wait to play again I want to play this again to see if i can score better.

Overall it was a great experience and want to play it again next time i'm in the area.

Kings Beach, California