ColoVista Golf Club
Men's/White 72 6112 yards 69.8 118
Forward/Red 72 5452 yards 69.1 111
Executive/Green 72 4803 yards 67.7 108
Scorecard for ColoVista Golf Club
Gold M: 74.8/125 468 423 158 536 240 415 607 466 383 3696 411 529 391 170 403 191 370 486 374 3325 7021
Blue M: 72.0/120 440 413 143 478 191 388 545 432 378 3408 398 518 376 156 371 183 361 474 351 3188 6596
White M: 69.8/118 W: 74.7/125 398 374 129 457 166 367 489 374 322 3076 385 485 355 140 353 171 352 462 333 3036 6112
Red M: 65.0/105 W: 69.1/111 371 369 111 404 145 347 423 365 255 2790 372 408 347 121 337 152 246 371 308 2662 5452
Green M: 63.8/103 W: 67.7/108 366 339 97 401 123 339 359 327 252 2603 333 342 211 83 259 103 213 364 292 2200 4803

Year Built 1997
Architect Les Appelt (1997)

Staff Friendliness Average
Off-course amenities Fair
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Fair
Response from ColoVista Golf Club on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are always looking to improve and would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words. We are trying to recover from winter kill on a few greens. Our main irrigation pump motor failed the week before Memorial Day and we were unable to water the course from May 24th through June 4th. The pump motor has been replaced and we have been watering and fertilizing like crazy to catch up. Golf courses are like a farm... There's always something! Thanks for the support! Bobby

Beautiful scenery

Not my first time to play here and I'm planning a stay and play soon. The course wasn't the best that i have seen it but it coming around. Bobby is discounting the green fees due to the conditions. Had a blast and I will come back
Course Conditions Average
Course Layout Excellent

This course was a blast to play!

Great layout , challenging holes, beautiful scenery and all around blast to play! The negatives were few but big!! The greens were impossible to read/putt on. Sand, dirt, and grass clumps would take a 4 foot putt and turn it into an excursion into the twilight zone That being said the overall experience was a blast ! The pace of play was awesome ! I will return soon and with more friends! Thanks for the journey Bobby! Franko.
Course Conditions Average
Course Conditions Good

Colovista Day Trip

Played Colovista over the past weekend 07/09-10 and enjoyed the course layout, the staff was very friendly, and so were the other players on the course. In fact we played through 3 groups and finished the round in about 3.25 hours. We were however a bit disappointed in the conditions of the greens with many having large dead spots. Overall enjoyed the round and for the $20K green fee would play again.
Off-course amenities Average
Course Conditions Fair
Value for the Money Average
Chasmo1978
Commented On 06/12/2018
My friends and I had a wonderful time there. The staff was friendly and helpful. We played 36 holes. We all agreed it was a must to replay the 15th hole. Wow what a view. Course was laid out perfectly. Super deal, Give them a call. Thanks guys. Ditto

Sad shape

the number 1 tee box for the whites is nonexistent. Most greens are not green just dead grass. The back 9 has sections of several fiarways are just dirt and no grass. The course is in vary sad condition right now.
Staff Friendliness Good
Pace of Play Good
Off-course amenities Average
ColoVistagolf
Commented On 06/06/2018
I apologize for your experience. Unfortunately our irrigation pump motor quit two weeks ago and we were unable to water the course. We installed as new motor last week ($8400.00) and now can water the course. The greens are transitioning from winter Poa Trivialis grass to summer Ultra Dwarf grass and due to the colder than normal temps in April and early May the Ultra Dwarf grass has been slow coming. We sanded and punched greens Monday I went out yesterday and the greens are better. The bare spots in some fairways are the of the fires and irrigation system . The irrigation issues have been corrected and our goal this summer is to float and sod the bare spots in the fairways. Hopefully you received a reduced rate when you played as I am charging what I consider to be a fair price for our product. In the future please feel free to contact me directly at 979-885-8485 to discuss course conditions or other issues. Happy Golfing! Bobby Browne

I enjoyed myself so much I came back

This course is just wonderful , the weather was perfect , I brought my friend and he enjoyed himself as well. All I ask is not to change the formula , friendliness and value , I'll be back again and again.
Course Conditions Excellent
ColoVistagolf
Commented On 06/06/2018
Thanks Kenneth!

Needs a lot of work

Not sure what has happened to this course, greens, boxes, bunkers and fairways all need a lot of attention. Such a fun layout, seems like a waste to let it go down like it has.
Staff Friendliness Good
Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Conditions Fair
Value for the Money Fair
Course Layout Average
Response from ColoVista Golf Club on 05/29/2018:
Hello Shane, thank you for sharing your review. We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our layout at ColoVista Golf Club and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Needs a ton of work

The back 9 are a good layout but the awful conditions of the cart path, greens, bunkers, and fairways are really embarrassing. I know it was closed for several years but it needs an awful lot of work to be playable.
Staff Friendliness Average
Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Poor
Value for the Money Fair
Course Layout Average
Response from ColoVista Golf Club on 05/29/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, ColoVista Golf Club, in the Bastrop, Texas area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the Course Conditions, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the bunkers, and fairways so we may work towards any necessary improvements. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019