ColoVista Golf Club

Tournament/Blue 72 6596 yards 72.0 120
Men's/White 72 6112 yards 69.8 118
Forward/Red 72 5452 yards 69.1 111
Executive/Green 72 4803 yards 67.7 108

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city near the airport   Great for wildlife/ scenic views locals advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes undulating greens water hazards   Great for 19th hole scenic views drinks

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2018

Response from ColoVista Golf Club on 07/16/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are always looking to improve and would love to hear your feedback.

"Thanks."

ColoVistagolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2018

Thanks for the kind words. We are trying to recover from winter kill on a few greens. Our main irrigation pump motor failed the week before Memorial Day and we were unable to water the course from May 24th through June 4th. The pump motor has been replaced and we have been watering and fertilizing like crazy to catch up. Golf courses are like a farm... There's always something! Thanks for the support!

Bobby

"Beautiful scenery"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2018

Not my first time to play here and I'm planning a stay and play soon. The course wasn't the best that i have seen it but it coming around. Bobby is discounting the green fees due to the conditions. Had a blast and I will come back

"This course was a blast to play!"

Franko27's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2018

Great layout , challenging holes, beautiful scenery and all around blast to play! The negatives were few but big!! The greens were impossible to read/putt on. Sand, dirt, and grass clumps would take a 4 foot putt and turn it into an excursion into the twilight zone That being said the overall experience was a blast ! The pace of play was awesome ! I will return soon and with more friends!

Thanks for the journey Bobby!

Franko.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2018

"Colovista Day Trip"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Played Colovista over the past weekend 07/09-10 and enjoyed the course layout, the staff was very friendly, and so were the other players on the course. In fact we played through 3 groups and finished the round in about 3.25 hours. We were however a bit disappointed in the conditions of the greens with many having large dead spots. Overall enjoyed the round and for the $20K green fee would play again.

Commented on 06/12/2018

My friends and I had a wonderful time there. The staff was friendly and helpful. We played 36 holes. We all agreed it was a must to replay the 15th hole. Wow what a view. Course was laid out perfectly. Super deal, Give them a call. Thanks guys. Ditto

"Sad shape"

cooldude55's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

the number 1 tee box for the whites is nonexistent. Most greens are not green just dead grass. The back 9 has sections of several fiarways are just dirt and no grass. The course is in vary sad condition right now.

Commented on 06/06/2018

I apologize for your experience. Unfortunately our irrigation pump motor quit two weeks ago and we were unable to water the course. We installed as new motor last week ($8400.00) and now can water the course. The greens are transitioning from winter Poa Trivialis grass to summer Ultra Dwarf grass and due to the colder than normal temps in April and early May the Ultra Dwarf grass has been slow coming. We sanded and punched greens Monday I went out yesterday and the greens are better. The bare spots in some fairways are the of the fires and irrigation system . The irrigation issues have been corrected and our goal this summer is to float and sod the bare spots in the fairways. Hopefully you received a reduced rate when you played as I am charging what I consider to be a fair price for our product. In the future please feel free to contact me directly at 979-885-8485 to discuss course conditions or other issues. Happy Golfing!

Bobby Browne

"I enjoyed myself so much I came back"

Kenneth4442072's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

This course is just wonderful , the weather was perfect , I brought my friend and he enjoyed himself as well. All I ask is not to change the formula , friendliness and value , I'll be back again and again.

Commented on 06/06/2018

Thanks Kenneth!

"Needs a lot of work"

Shane9403892's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2018

Not sure what has happened to this course, greens, boxes, bunkers and fairways all need a lot of attention. Such a fun layout, seems like a waste to let it go down like it has.

Response from ColoVista Golf Club on 05/29/2018:

Hello Shane, thank you for sharing your review. We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our layout at ColoVista Golf Club and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

"Needs a ton of work"

KidDoc's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2018

The back 9 are a good layout but the awful conditions of the cart path, greens, bunkers, and fairways are really embarrassing. I know it was closed for several years but it needs an awful lot of work to be playable.

Response from ColoVista Golf Club on 05/29/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, ColoVista Golf Club, in the Bastrop, Texas area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the Course Conditions, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the bunkers, and fairways so we may work towards any necessary improvements. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Colovista Review"

u000002035519's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2018

This was my first time. The layout of the course is great however most greens were bare, several fairways had bare spots and the sand traps were not maintained. For the GolfNow same day purchase price, I would definitely go back.

Response from ColoVista Golf Club on 05/18/2018:

Hello, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff and sceneries at ColoVista Golf Club and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

"Needs lots of rain."

u000002035519's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2018

The course layout is good but needs rain and some TLC.

Response from ColoVista Golf Club on 05/17/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff at ColoVista Golf Club. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the golf experience that you deserve.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

"Average Now, but Improving Quickly"

John7888122's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018

The current condition of the course is not great but - the layout is exceptional, staff is very friendly and it is on its way back to its former glory. Mother Nature will help immensely in the coming months with some warmer weather and continued intermittent rainfall. The greens are 8/10, fairways 5/10 and tee boxes 7/10. If you require perfection, this is not your place but, if you’re a golfer...shut up and go get your game on. I wish the ownership and operators continued success and thank you for your efforts.

Response from ColoVista Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello John, thank you for taking the time to review our course, ColoVista Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a great value for you, so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Bastrop, Texas area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Nice layout, good value. Hope to see some improvements."

Kriegelm's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2018

Course layout is great. Some greens and fairways need some TLC. Will play it again. Good value for the money.

"Needs Work, but there are some benefits"

golfersaustin's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2018

Played for the first time.

The greens were pretty challenging.

The fairways and teeboxes were hard. In general the course suffered from not being watered.

I would prefer to play Jimmy Clay or Kizer since they are closer to my home. If they improved the fairways and tee boxes charged a bit more, I'd be happy to play the course more frequently.

Thanks.

Response from ColoVista Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, ColoVista Golf Club, in the Bastrop, Texas area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the fairways so we may work towards any necessary improvements. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Good course for the money"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2018

Enjoyed our round at Colovista GC. The views were fantastic and it felt like we were surrounded by nature. Pretty flat layout on the front with just few memorable holes, but the back nine is great. Got there early for a just past noon tee time. We wanted to hit a few balls to warm up, but they informed us a tournament would starting soon and if got out right then we could stay ahead of the tournament. We did for the most part but got slowed on the back as they had a few groups go off the back which slowed us down. Last few holes drug on as the players were extremely slow. No Marshall in sight but didn't expect one either given the locals on the course. Could have used a cart girl for drinks or something because we got parched on the back waiting to play. 16th hole is shortened due to some course damage I guess as I didn't see any repairs being made so go figure. All in all a goid round of golf in a very fair course.

"Want to be Fair"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2018
First time playing Perfect weather

Things are still dormant - so I want to be fair. This course has an incredible layout but the conditions were lacking in a big way. The fairways were hard with bare patches and the cart paths we're awful or non-existent.

With some warm weather, water and TLC this course would be amazing. At present I can't say it's worth what they are charging -45 weekends.

Response from ColoVista Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, ColoVista Golf Club in the Bastrop, Texas area, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so may work on any necessary improvements. However, we're glad you received a good value for your round and had a fun time on the course. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"GREENS!!!!"

Tavy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/05/2018

Greens are running good and I got a great deal to play will be back

"Great shape and fun to play."

Curly1944's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/18/2018

Tee boxes and Greens are excellent. We appreciated playing this course after playing other courses in the area.