Riverchase Golf Club

Architect Jim Fazio

Restaurant

Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Commented on 06/22/2020

Hello, danjdotson. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Play elsewhere

The greens were recently punched, but there was no course warning on Golfnow, the courses website or from the pro shop when we checked in. We were charged the full price greens fee, so it seems like a dishonest why to operate. Besides changing how they disclose information to customers, they also need to adjust how they are setting up the cups. I hit 5 or 6 putts dead center but the cups are so shallow they bounced back off the connection between the base of the flag stick (the ferrule) & the cup. Other courses have figured out a Covid friendly way to set up the cups for "no contact" ball removal, but it would make sense that this course wouldn't get it right. I suggest spending your money at a different course & actually enjoy your golf experience.

Commented on 06/10/2020

Hello, kidmundo. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We strive for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule. The greens will be healed soon and in pristine condition. Please come back soon for the 5-star experience you expect at Riverchase Golf Club.

Awful Golf Course

When we booked our tee time online, there were 4 options for tee times in an hour but when we finally showed up they were shooting groups off every 3 minutes. Finally we got out on the course, and the greens were entirely ate up. I will never play here again hahahahah.

Commented on 06/08/2020

Hello, u553574863. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Good course, but a few important notes

Great course - but should have been offered a discount for the aerified greens. They were in pretty bad shape and made putting pretty miserable. Also - I understand we are in the Coronavirus era, but the cups at this course need to be changed. They are set up in a way that even a true putt might not fall in the cup, leaving room for doubt if you actually made it. Stick with something that makes it easier for the ball to go in.

Commented on 06/11/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Riverchase Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Course is in need of help

Never mind they just aerated the greens, which they didn't mention to us when we booked or tee time. Greens were over sanded and not brushed off properly. A few bunkers are rock hard dirt, unplayable. This course is a joke!

Commented on 06/09/2020

Hello, Shooter45. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Riverchase Golf Club.

Commented on 06/03/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Riverchase Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great shape fairway to green

I hadn’t played the course since last year. Love the layout. Greens rolled true with good speed. Cart girl came around regularly and the staff were very nice. I will play this course again soon.

Commented on 06/03/2020

Hi Darrell8681108. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Riverchase Golf Club.

Course Is in great shape.

Per the norm in Texas, this is the best time to play most any course. And Riverchase is no exception. The current condition of the course is the best you’ll see all year long. Greens are very true, and grass is thick and lush. Get out and play this course ASAP. We all know that by August The grass will be beaten down and brown. But I have played here off and on for 25 years, and it is in the best shape I’ve ever seen.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hello, CubsWin1908. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Riverchase Golf Club!

It was my my Dad's Brother's and my 1st time playing here. We all loved the course and layout. Well worth the price . Would definitely recommend to friends and plan on playing here again

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hello, kwags21. Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Riverchase Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Course wasn’t in terrible shape. Biggest thing was that every pin was about 6 feet from the edge of the green. Most courses hold to a standard of 4 yards from the edge. Not sure if the superintendent does this on purpose or just has no idea what he’s doing.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hi u314159862873. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Riverchase Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Mediocre at best

I didn’t expect much for a public course at $32 for 18 holes with a cart. Pins cannot be removed from the greens so when you putt it if there was a shot of it going in, it went by the wayside because the pin knocked it away.

Teetimes were spread 15 minutes apart however, The group behind us was playing so incredibly fast we let them play through and they ended up joining up with two more groups so it was making it extremely hard to play, not to mention the groups behind us were skipping holes and pressuring us to play faster. Didn’t see a ranger the entire round. Pro shop staff was nice, beverage girls were the best by far.

Greens were in terrible shape. Fairways are poorly marked for yardage, sprinkler heads do not have yardage either.

It’s probably a good course for the golfer that shoots in the 90s and above. Some holes were wide open and played decent others the yardage was reported so erratically I overshot the green many times.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Commented on 05/22/2020

RC

The sad thing about this course is that it could be fabulous, but it is only average. I probably would not play it again. I read the reviews before I went and some like it and some don't. I don't. It would be a toss up on which is rougher, the cart paths or the fairways. I will say the greens are coming around nicely and should be in great shape in a few weeks. If you live in this area then you should shake up the management team to fix things that are broken, if you don't then it is only going to get worse. I do not recommend this course.

Commented on 05/20/2020

Hello nextround. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Rough shape.

Front side better than back. Back fairways recently aerated. Tees were very rough and needed mowing. Some cart paths need to be removed. Severely uneven surfaces and holes. Nice layout but needs a lot of TLC..

Commented on 05/18/2020

Hi vblynn2. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Riverchase Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Cart pathways

Fun round but please repair some of the more dire cart pathways trouble spots, other than that ... nice track

Commented on 05/18/2020

Hi danjdotson! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Front 9 open!!

I only started playing this course this year so the front 9 has been closed due to flooding (I'm told upstream flood control overruns the front 9). I got to play the front 9 for the first time today which I enjoyed. A good mixture of easy and tough holes. 2 and 3 are your best birdie opportunities.. The whole course played very well. Greens were a tad bumpy as it looked like they just got rolled for aeration maybe but still rolled true. Again with my review of this course, my only complaint is the bunkers, basically just brown dirt, not sand. I only hit two, but each one cost me an extra stroke easy, one cost me two. You can't play a normal bunker shot out of them and one could say I should have learned my lesson after the first one ;).

Overall great day out.

Commented on 05/12/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us boneall. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Riverchase Golf Club thanks you!

Paid More Than Quoted

I booked at a rate of $35 for the round but when I got there they charged me $45. Disappointing.

Commented on 05/12/2020

Hello, u4418603. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Enjoyed

Very organized staff. Played the front nine twice and the starter kept it moving very efficiently. Course is in very good condition. Had a Great time

Commented on 05/05/2020

Hello, u000001300348. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Riverchase Golf Club!

Lewisville, Texas