River Falls Golf Plantation in Duncan is a Gary Player Signature Course. Its location makes it convenient for meeting up with people coming from Asheville, Columbia, Atlanta, or Charlotte. The golf course is also just minutes away from downtown Greenville. The narrow layout will test the accuracy and shot making abilities of even the best golfers. Rolling hills provide a variety of elevation changes that range from subtle to dramatic. Water hazards come into play frequently and there are also strategically placed bunkers framing the greens and fairways. Player crafted a golf course that is both formidable and scenic. The abundance of mature trees helped him achieve this. He carefully wove River Falls Golf Plantation through the mature forests, allowing the trees to surround the holes, giving each a secluded and peaceful feel.

River Falls Plantation Golf Course

Year Built 1990
Greens Diamond Zoysia Grass
Architect Gary Player (1990)

Entertaining Clients 15

Plays Twice a year

Beat my son

Course in great shape. Overall I did not play well but beat my son for first time in 2 years. Paired up with two guys, Ashley and Randy. Good fun, watched some bad and good shots. Drank a few beers on the back nine that improved my score by 8 shots. Had a birdie. Great Day!

Commented On 09/06/2019

Jefre9461, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing River Falls Plantation.

First time playing River Falls and it was great. Challenging holes, well designed, and great staff. They are doing a great job with course maintenance. Definitely recommend.

Commented On 09/06/2019

Hi u9010884. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at River Falls Plantation!

Nice. Nice. Nice. Nice.

Nice course. Nice staff. Nice price. Nice location.

Commented On 08/23/2019

tchazel, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing River Falls Plantation.

Cart path

The course is fine. The cart paths need attention immediately. There’s a hole in the path at 14 that been there over a year.

Commented On 08/19/2019

Hiu000007516390. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing River Falls Plantation.

Friendly Staff:

The staff was very friendly in all areas, checking in, starter and the restaurant.
Course was in nice shape despite the lack of rain in the area. Greens were in nice shape and had good speed.
Wish I lived closer, I would consider joining.

Commented On 08/19/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us coachjimsc62. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. River Falls Plantation thanks you!

Good course, good pro, cartpaths a war zone.

Fairways, greens, layout are great. I've never seen a course completely re-pave their cartpaths but this course needs it very, very badly. That and some improved tee boxes are the only drawbacks. The cartpath improvement would drastically improve word of mouth reviews.

Commented On 08/29/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us eckopf. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. River Falls Plantation thanks you!

Commented On 08/05/2019

Thank you for visiting us at River Falls Plantation. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented On 07/30/2019

Commented On 08/19/2019

Hello, Mitch4464823. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at River Falls Plantation!

Commented On 07/19/2019

Commented On 07/09/2019

Please let us know how we might improve for the future.

Commented On 07/09/2019

Beautiful golf course/ super staff

River Falls has a great variety of par 4’s and exciting risk/reward par 5’s. The greens are relatively flat but are always in good shape. The head pro, Travis, is tremendous and makes sure everyone feels welcome. And the pro shop is well stocked with a variety of merchandise at great prices. It’s a great place to play!

No water

Nice course to play but they would not let me take my cooler on to the course even though I had nothing but ice water in it. It's always been like this at this course and that's one reason I do not like to play it. Everyone can't afford to purchase high dollar drinks inside their clubhouse and pay for card and green fee and like I said I had nothing but water inside my cooler.

Commented On 06/21/2019

Hello, u015757550. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Short but challenging

Not a long course but fairways and tight are greens are guarded. Not a walking course You must ride.

Commented On 06/14/2019

Hi u370788017. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Georgia Advisor

Great Layout - Average Conditions

I have played River Falls several times in the past. This was the first time I have played the course in several years.

The course is very fun, challenging and has some beautiful golf holes. The conditions are very average, outside of the greens. Most of the greens are great (roll true, smooth and quick). There are several greens which have lots of dirt and dead spots in and around the greens. The tee boxes are awful. Many have little to no grass and the worst part is that the ground on the tee boxes is so dry and hard that you can not even put a tee in the ground. I have never played a course with tee boxes so hard and dry.

The staff at the course is very nice and friendly. The course could be a real gem if they would maintain a little better (many pathways to tee boxes the boards are broken, rotten and in bad condition.

If you get a good deal on GolfNow or some other place, take advantage and go play.

Commented On 05/24/2019

Hello RettJ. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Nice Job

Course was in great shape/ Greens had been plugged recently. Rolling very good.. Lunch was good sitting on the patio and they had lots of good prices on shirts in the pro shop. I’ll be back.

Commented On 05/17/2019

Your feedback is important to us, gegas. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing River Falls Plantation.

Great public course

First time playing the course and absolutely loved it. Very scenic holes and quite a few that demand a well placed shot. Greens very in decent shape and rolled pretty true. Staff was awesome.

Commented On 05/10/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u4101069! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great rate

I got a hot deal this morning to play the course for an amazing $13 and had to be there at 8 AM. It was an enjoyable day 71° to start and build well over 80° with high humidity by the time we finished the pace of play was good and the guys I got paired up with were really nice as well the greens are Fantabulous and put super super fast and very very true and I will definitely go back again to play as it is a very nice course it has the The greens are the Zoe is your type and they are extremely fast would definitely recommend someone going to this course to play as they keep it in very good condition the driving range is a good condition the practice putting green the clubhouse is in immaculate shape

Commented On 05/10/2019

Hi u00000489606. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Woodruff, South Carolina
Fountain Inn, South Carolina
Gramling, South Carolina
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Simpsonville, South Carolina
4.2083

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.