A view of a green protected by bunkers at River Falls Plantation

River Falls Golf Plantation in Duncan is a Gary Player Signature Course. Its location makes it convenient for meeting up with people coming from Asheville, Columbia, Atlanta, or Charlotte. The golf course is also just minutes away from downtown Greenville. The narrow layout will test the accuracy and shot making abilities of even the best golfers. Rolling hills provide a variety of elevation changes that range from subtle to dramatic. Water hazards come into play frequently and there are also strategically placed bunkers framing the greens and fairways. Player crafted a golf course that is both formidable and scenic. The abundance of mature trees helped him achieve this. He carefully wove River Falls Golf Plantation through the mature forests, allowing the trees to surround the holes, giving each a secluded and peaceful feel.

River Falls Plantation Golf Course

Year Built 1990
Greens Diamond Zoysia Grass
Architect Gary Player (1990)

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Available Activities

Swimming

Entertaining Clients 15

Commented on 09/24/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Russell2343134! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing River Falls Plantation!

Bad staff

Absolutely disappointed with the course management played yesterday our tee time was 750 am 6 out of the first 9 holes the sprinklers were running wide open on the greens we called the club house twice and nobody answered so when we finished hole nine we went in the clubhouse and made them aware of it all he said was sorry about that will get it taken care of and we went on to play the back nine 4 of the back nine holes had sprinklers on the greens running wide-open again the greens were absolutely soaked and so were we after we finished up 18 we went to the clubhouse to let them know that we were angry about it and The only thing they said was sorry about that didn't offer us a refund or free round or anything very disappointed to have paid to play will not be playing there again just because of course management we showed them pictures of the sprinklers on the greens and everything Just seems like it's really poorly ran ( some pictures attached to show call log and some of the sprinklers)

Commented on 09/16/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating. We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing River Falls Plantation!

Commented on 09/10/2020

Thank you for visiting us at River Falls Plantation. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 09/01/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u314159401030. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing River Falls Plantation!

Great Layout

I make it out to River Falls about once a year. I make the drive down because it is one of the best layouts anywhere around my house. Every hole is different and no two holes set side by side. It is also one of the most difficult courses around. There are no easy holes, and no easy shots. You have to focus make shots every single hole. That being said, its really fun to play. To be honest up front, it had rained pretty much all day the day before I played, which caused the course to be wet. This is not the courses fault, but it still kept me from giving the review 4 stars. The greens were in good shape. Maybe 2 of them had some bad areas on them but they were not in play. They rolled smooth, were maybe a little on the slow side but again it rained alot the day before. The fairways were in great shape. Very nice. The bunkers were almost unplayable. But again, heavy rain the day before. Most tee boxes were in good shape, except the par 3s. They were pretty chewed up. Overall, course was in good shape. The course starts with an uphill dogleg left mid length par 4, one of the simpler holes on the course. #2 is a longer straight away par 4. #3 is a long downhill par 3 that I think is really hard to hit the green. #4 is a big wide par 5. Plenty of room off the tee. Then an approach to a smallish green with bunkers and water left and a huge hill to the right and back. 5 is a long narrow downhill par 4. I think this hole is extremely hard. But I can never hit the fairway. 6 is a very short par 3-about 100 yards but the green is surrounded by trouble. 7 the tee shot goes downhill to the bottom with a pond slicing the hole in half. It requires something besides a driver unless you think you can carry the pond-I cant. I hit 6 off the tee and had about 150 in. The approach is steeply uphill to a long narrow green. 8 is a really difficult hole. A waste area creeps in from the left the further you go down the fairway, so probably not a hole to hit driver. At the 100 yd mark the fairway is probably less that 10 yds wide. The approach then must cross the marsh area to get to a green that is not very deep. 9 is a par 5 with an uphill tee shot to.a fairway that runs perpendicular to the tee box. The green is fronted by more marshy waste area. I think 10 is a hard hole. Its a long narrow par 4 with an elevated green. 11 is a medium length par 3, without too much trouble. 12 is a par 5, that plays downhill to a fairway that narrows as it goes. There is.a creek and a ravine to the front and left of the green. Anything that misses left is gone. Anything that misses right is on a steep hill. I would probably call 13 the signature hole. It is a short par 4 from an extremely elevated tee that overlooks the Tyger River beside the green. 14 is a hard dogleg left uphill par 4. Very deep green here, so you need to get your yardage correct. 15 is a medium length par 3 to an elevated green. Avoid the right side miss and you'll be fine. 16 is a downhill par 4. The approach is extremely tight and downhill. There is no room to miss the green (like alot of the holes here). The ball is gone to the right and there is a rock wall to the left. 17 is a mid length par 4. Your tee shot needs to be out to the right side of the fairway or the trees on the left will block you out. Very very deep green with 3 distinct tiers. 18 is a long par 5. Pretty tight drive with a small pond in front of the green. Overall, its a very challenging fun course. Thats a treat to play. It COULD be a GREAT course with just a little more TLC. (PS areas of the cart part are being replaced and you have to drive around them)

Commented on 08/26/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you providing the honest feedback. Thanks for visiting us and we hope to see you again in the future when it's not so rainy.

Commented on 08/26/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, tnt17tnt. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 08/16/2020

Thanks so much for the wonderful rating!

Commented on 08/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing River Falls Plantation!

Each hole is unique. Better than any private course I've played in TN.

Commented on 08/12/2020

Thanks so much for your review! We are excited to have you back again soon!

Great layout with some funky holes. Some tees were a bit hard but it has been very hot lately. Great job of keeping the rest of the course green. Nice lush fairways and smooth greens. Pace of play was quite slow to the point where the group behind us skipped two holes to get around the back up. No ranger on duty. Great staff and great value.

Commented on 07/31/2020

Hello! Thanks for leaving us a review. Thank you for your feedback about the pace of play, as well as your feedback about our fairways and greens. We're glad you enjoyed your time at River Falls Plantation and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Commented on 07/27/2020

We are so glad to see you had a 4 star experience! We hope to see you back again soon!

Commented on 07/15/2020

Thanks so much for the great rating!

Great layout

Greens had been punched recently so was what is was. Is fine now have to be done. Only thing would like to see is a starter. Was busy afternoon. Everyone was cool. But starter would help

Commented on 07/15/2020

Thanks for your great review, and honest feedback. Hope to see you back again soon!

could not play dued to rain

Could not play because of rain and could not get a rain check

Commented on 07/14/2020

Sorry that the weather did not cooperate. Unfortunately, we do not have any control over mother nature and Hot Deal refund policies. Give us another try on a dry day!

Good course, great staff, bad greens

I have played this course many times in the past. I returned with a group of people who had never played. It rained for two holes, but they didn't restrict carts to the path. They have improved access in spots for seniors. The walk up and down hills to tee boxes are rough. The course is well manicured, and the tee boxes and fairways are very nice. The greens are still healing from punch/sand some time ago, but there are lots of fungus issues. They don't roll well. It is a great track with a great staff. I learned a lot about the app golf now. They post fees, then add tax and a convenience fee. Hot deals means not refundable unless the course closes. I would call the course directly in the future. Great folks.

Commented on 07/15/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your honest feedback, and we will use this to make future improvements. We look forward to having you back again in the future!

Enjoyable Golf Course

River Falls Plantation is an enjoyable golf course featuring some very scenic holes and lots of elevation changes. This was my first time playing the course but I will be back!

Commented on 07/15/2020

Thanks so much for your kind words! We are excited to have you back soon!

Woodruff, South Carolina