2.3

Greens Tiff-Dwarf Bermuda
Architect Tom Knickerbacker

Carts Yes - included

Bombs away

Great old course. I believe if they put some money into it, it could be one of the best courses in Houston. Once you get back to the tips the course can be extremely challenging. Lots of undulation, great design. A lot of the greens have a them of being protected by a front bunker. Overall had a great time. My two “dings”’to the course are 1) front was wide open, back was extremely clogged, wait times were unreal 2) Greens could be in much better shape, tee boxes and fairways were ok.

Commented on 01/22/2020

Hi ramsworld7, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We truly value our customer experience, so your review is important to us and will be passed along to our staff for further improvements. We hope to see you back soon!

Commented on 01/03/2020

Thank you so much for the 5-star review. We're glad you had an incredible time with us, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Battleground Golf Course.

Love the layout

Course has a great layout. Course went through a rough time last year with greens etc but they have been working hard to get it back into good playing shape. Greens are now much better, a tad slow. Some bunkers and tee boxes need some work still but overall fun course and friendly staff.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you for your kind feedback on our course improvements and 5-star rating, michaelspigener! We're so glad you enjoyed your recent round, and your feedback is important to our staff. Please book another one with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Battleground Golf Course!

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you for your 4-star rating, u476240369! We're glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please book another one with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Battleground Golf Course!

Greatly Improved!

The course has made great strides in the last few months. Greens are very good except for not enough players repairing ball marks.. I’m very pleased to see the improvements.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you for your 4-star rating and great feedback on our course improvements, u000001127322! We're so glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please book another one with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Battleground Golf Course!

Golf carts

When you book a tee time for Battleground through GN, its states that the price includes a golf cart....what they don't tell you, until you get to the course is that's it's a "half cart, which means you may have to share it with someone. THIS NEEDS TO BE MADE CLEAR WHEN YOU BOOK A TEE TIME!!!! Please fix this problem of advertising and notification......its misleading!!!

Commented on 01/06/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we do apologize for any misunderstanding regarding our cart policy. As is customary practice, there is always the possibility of sharing a cart during your round in order to accommodate all players. However, thanks to your feedback, we have adjusted our tee time notes online to better reflect this policy. If you have any questions or further concerns, please feel free to reach out to our pro shop staff directly. Thank you for the 5-star review, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Great Conditions

Very cleaver to offer shotgun start on Christmas eve so golfers and staff could all get home to family. Conditions on the corse were excellent. Greens were smooth and fast. Bunkers were all playable. Rough was reasonable. I’m very glad to see all the recent improvements. Keep up the good work!

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you for your kind feedback on the course and 4-star rating, u000001127322! We're so glad you enjoyed your recent round and our many improvements. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Battleground Golf Course!

Great course and friendly staff

Awesome round of golf. Greens and fairways were in excellent shape. Staff were extremely friendly. I could see myself and friends playing this course again and again!! Highly recommended

Commented on 12/30/2019

Hi john6410501, thank you so much for the great review & recommendation. We're glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Battleground Golf Course.

Commented on 12/11/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating, u000001434581! We're so glad you enjoyed your round. Please book another one with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Battleground Golf Course.

Battle Ground 12/3/19

Weather was excellent for golf and the course in good condition. Pace of play was good even though there were groups of 5 allowed to play.

Commented on 12/05/2019

Thank you for your 4-star rating & feedback, u623241967! We're glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please book another one with us soon, and thanks for choosing Battleground at Deer Park, The!

Commented on 12/04/2019

Thank you for visiting us at The Battleground Golf Course! We appreciate your 4-star review and hope you join us for another round soon.

Great test of real links golf

This course is a real links course minus the grouse. It’s layout and , by design, copies the links courses in the British Isles. It is not a links type course. If you’ve ever played a true links course with its uneven lies, deep bunkers and run up greens, this may be a disappointment. But if you want to play on a traditional teeing ground. Then this course is for you. Greens were well kept and groomed. The staff friendly and other amenities very nice.

Commented on 12/05/2019

Thank you for your 4-star rating and taking the time to share your feedback with us, hjnolan. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round, and we appreciate your kind feedback on our course & staff. Please book another one with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Battleground Golf Course!

Fishing Tournament

Show up to play my round and staff tell me that they are having a fishing tournament on the course. They said we would have to play the front 9 twice and as I was finishing hole 9, there was a back up on hole 1. I ended up leaving after 9 because too many people were waiting for too long and didn’t want to play a 6 hour round.
Would be great if golfnow knew about stuff like this so that you guys would have put it under the notes. If I would have known, I would have gone to Golf club of Houston instead.
Next time the course should think about having the fishing tournament later on in the day around 3pm.

Commented on 12/04/2019

Hi Miroh23, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. However, we're truly sorry for any inconvenience with your round caused by our fishing tournament. We appreciate your patience & understanding as our staff works to improve this experience moving forward, and your feedback is important to us. We will do our best to better communicate these events across all channels and hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Golfer55

Weather was fair golf course pretty good shape since the last time I was here greens were better than last time

Commented on 12/04/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We're so glad to hear you're enjoying our course improvements as our team has been working hard, but we're going to pass along your feedback so they can continue to make changes. Thanks for visiting us and come back soon!

Pace of Play and Tee boxes

I love, LOVE this course. Great layout and challenging holes. Just enough water to make it interesting. They have improved the greens tremendously and I'm thankful for that. Time to invest in the tee boxes. There are about 5 holes with very uneven tee boxes. Sand traps should be next on the list. Most of them don't drain very well but in all fairness...the area has had lots of rain. My last comment for this round. Started at 9:15 and ended after 2pm. Hit, wait, hit, wait. hit, wait.... never saw the Marshall once... It would have been nice to know he was encouraging the several groups in front of us to move along even if it didn't help pace of play.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Hi teetime87, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! However, we aim for a 5-star experience so we always welcome this kind of feedback for further improvements. We apologize for any delay in pace of play, but your comments been shared with our staff. Thank you for playing The Battleground Golf Course, and we hope to have you back again soon.

great saturday

course was in good shape after rain and a cold spell the following week. pace of play was great.

Commented on 11/27/2019

Your feedback is important to us, icegrill. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience, and we look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing The Battleground Golf Course.

Another Battle at Battleground

Another challenging round at Battleground G.C.! The course was wet from recent rains but the temperature was mild. Because of the wet ground there was not a lot of give to the turf. Two low handicappers joined my group and they played to their games. Battleground has some hidden water hazards so it's good to review their guidebook. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. I recommend Battleground to the experienced or new golfer.

Commented on 11/19/2019

Hi dpbegany, thank you for your 4-star rating and great feedback on the course & staff! Your feedback & recommendation are very important to us, and we hope you book another round with us soon at The Battleground Golf Course.

Perfect day

Enjoyed the game, very crowded 4.5 hours but that’s the way it is on weekends weather was awesome course and greens have improved a lot every where else was more expensive

Commented on 11/05/2019

Thank you for visiting us at The Battleground Golf Course. We truly appreciate your 4-star rating and feedback on our course improvements! Our team has been working hard to bring the course back up to par, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Thank you for visiting us at The Battleground Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star review! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Hi dennis712, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at The Battleground Golf Course.

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.