View from a tee at Thorntree Country Club.

Type Private
Thorntree Golf Club

Year Built 1983
Fairways 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens Champions Bermuda Grass

Fivesomes Allowed Yes
Dress code Collared shirt required, Shorts must be a Bermuda length or a style specially designed for golf, denim, short shorts, cut-offs, running shorts, athletic or coaches shorts & sweats, tennis length skirts, T-shirts and tank tops are prohibited.

Great value, very nice greens and fairways.

My first time to play this ex CC gone public. It definitely felt like a country club experience. Nice range and practice facility. Nice clubhouse and proshop.

The course was in perfect condition - the best greens I have played this year.

My only complaint was even though there were assigned tee times - it seemed like the pro let his buddies slip in without a time and clog up the 1st hole.

Let me elaborate, At 10:10, the 10:00 tee time took off. My time was coming up - so I went to ask the next group what their time was - they told me they had the 10:10 time. Ok - just a little behind.

Then I asked the next group waiting behind them, what their tee time was - they said that their time was also at 10:10. Not sure how that works - but ok I will roll with it because I am the new guy here.

I then asked the next group what their tee time was - they told me they had the 9:50 tee time (OMG!) And it is now about 10:30.

Long story short - we got off about 30 minutes late.

Pace of play could use some help here. Front 9 played pretty well with only a small wait on the 2nd tee box.

On the back 9 we had to wait pretty much on every tee box. On three of the holes we had two groups waiting on the tee box.

Worth The Drive

I decided to take as small trip from North Dallas to change it up a bit. I wasn’t disappointed. The fairways are lush and the greens are spectacular. Went super early to beat the crowds but there was a line before they opened! Luckily they let me go first. Highly recommend this course. It gets super busy though so you might wanna go with a partner if you plan to go later in the day.

Fun course, and Cleanliness was great

We had a good round at the course. It was my first time there. The ground was a bit firm, but the grass was green everywhere. The greens rolled great. The staff was on point with cleaning the golf carts between players, and were very kind across the board

Nice well maintained!

Never disappointed. Greens are well taken care of. Pro shop has everything you’ll need. Friendly cart girls.

I normally don't enter reviews. I will say, this is course already looking like a mid june golf course. Hopefully there will be more rain in the forecast. Early May conditions shouldn't reflect the fairways that are already getting dry. The rough wasn't much different. You will notice when you try to put your tee into the ground how hard it is. My first time playing here. The greens were in great condition. Not sure what the normal prices are, but the golf now made up for the conditions. Staff, layout were a bit different. A few holes were a bit out of the norm, but that's golf I suppose. Probably won't come back unless golf now lowers the price..

Hidden gem!!

My son and I played this course for the first time and were pleasantly surprised! The course is in excellent condition and the greens are in great shape and roll pure. The course was pretty busy and we still played a 4hr round with only a couple of wait times. We cannot wait to book another Tee time here!!

Great place!

Love this course, and it’s always in great condition!

Good course

Course in good conditions and greens in great shape. Very windy today (25-30 mph) and walking only, so got a bit tired at the end of round. There are some shot makers holes that are really tough with that much wind. Had a good time and the pace of play wast fast.

Avidgolfer

I loved the Cups. You guys have the best cups around DFW. The greens are FANTASTIC, absolutely PERFECT! You only need to improve holes 5, 6, and 11....it's almost impossible to keep ball in play off the tee and that's all you need to ruin the whole round. Everything else is Perfect...the best layout and most difficult in Dallas, is a Treat to play this course despite the difficulty....I love it!

Fun Course

Walking only. Course was the driest I have played, suprised by the amount of rain we have had. A lot of elevation change and sloping fairways. Fun course

From the white tees

We enjoyed the walk and pace of play. A daunting first hole for a lefty like me with houses lining the left. After that the homes are set back and you feel more in the open and in nature. The tournament and championship tees looked much more challenging with monster length on number 10. I will go back when the opportunity presents.

Better Bring Your A Game

I've played courses form Wise county to Bear Creek. And ex friend con me into playing Thorntree, He forgot to tell about the million trees and bunkers. I will try Thorntree again, after I have my complete physical.

Distancing make pace great

Online booking makes checking in and getting out great!. Walk up, get the key and go. The pace was great with everyone on his own cart. Now if folks would learn how to manage with 2 on the cart. Greens were true and there were unexpected bounces in our favor even after all the rain we've had. Solid place to play right now.

5 hr round on a Tuesday

This review is for this point in time, not an all encompassing critique. Still winter .Lies very tight, Little grass. Ladies group we caught up with was s-l-o-w. A round, on a Tuesday, with few people on the course took 5 hrs. Spent 25 minutes waiting at one hole for them to finish. Played a couple of holes twice to kill the time. Other times I've played have been just fine. The weather made it worth it.

Great layout

Thorntree is a shotmaker's course with length. The greens were just fertilized and unplayable and the fairways are winter hardpack, but the golf is always interesting and fun at Thorntree.

Thorntree Roung

Challenging course, but fair. Fairways need to have more grass which should occur as we approach spring

Dallas, Texas