Ridge at Castle Pines North, The

Metal spikes allowed: Yes
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Silver 71 6002 yards 66.9 123
Jade 71 5011 yards 67.6 123

The Ridge Golf Course at Castle Pines North is an 18-hole, public course is located in Castle Rock, south of Denver. The course offers 7.103 yards of golf and plays to a par of 71. The fairways are generous and the rolling greens are expansive. The golf course is also well-bunkered with water hazards coming into play on some holes. Beautiful views of Pike's Peak and Devil's Head can be observed by golfers at certain holes. There are also lovely Gambel Oaks and Ponderosa Pines scattered throughout the landscape. Although there is no signature hole, the Ridge Golf Course at Castle Pines North offers a variety of unique holes that require deft short game skills and good tee shots.

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers a weekend splurge   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views patio dining

"Love playing here in the summer."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2017

Loved the price, but the greens were in horrible condition . They were really bumpy and in poor condition.

RippedBacchus's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/30/2017

"Good course, late session, cart path only, good prices"

Leo4231779's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/17/2017

This was my second time within the month. The $52.80 Avid Golfer deal ~Oct 22 was the 1st. There greens then were slow to heal, but it was still fun. Cart path only slows you down a bit. One of our 3 tried a hybrid walk/pull which was challenging for him. Yesterday the greens mostly were better healed. No starter. Cart path only, though not all folks respected that rule. The leaves from the oaks did not affect much. The tee boxes were mostly heavily sanded/dressed, 2-3 / hole were clear. The fairways were in terrific shape for mid November. The layout makes your round fun and challenging. Figuring out elevation adjustments still vies with left/right control for keys to your round. The weather held out. The staff was super friendly. Playing here is a treat.

"Great course and staff"

Uooooo2439127's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/15/2017

The staff made certain to gather clubs I left at range and put them in a safe place for me to collect after 9 holes

Love this course, excellent shape

Was great fun even with cart path only

Cant wait to play there again

"You get what you pay for"

maczko36's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2017

Discounted green fee should’ve been prefaced with: cart paths only, greens recently punched, sanded, & slow,if u hit the green take a 2putt & move on (if you can) 4hr 50min round on top of that. I’ll pass next time

"Ridge at castle pines"

Uooooo2439127's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2017

Love this course even if it was cart path only

Beautiful, well maintained

DavesStAndrews's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2017

Great course, challenging holes. Greens have been aerated so a bit bumpy. I’ll be back.

"Beautiful"

kevcoplumbing's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/18/2017

some very difficult holes lots of hidden greens and fairways I'll play better next time now that I know the course layout...Pin placement could've been a little more forgiving considering all of the blind shots

The only bad thing I could say is the sand traps would like concrete... not good...

"Horrible experience at The Ridge"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/17/2017

This was a bad day. It was not disclosed on GolfNow that the Ridge had very recently aerated the greens. The ridge was only allowing cartpath only for play. It took 5 hours and 30 minutes to play a round of golf. They had one person in the clubhouse to serve drinks, wait on tables etc. The guys checking us in for golf did not even mention that there was a 30 minute frost delay. Our tee time was 12:10pm mind you so they did nothing to catch up. We had no clue until we got to the first tee and there were seven golf carts all backed up at the first tee. This course thinks they are all that and a bag of chips, but they are quickly getting a reputation in the Douglas County area for being aloof and out of touch with what their guests really want. I will be very reluctant to play this golf course again.

Commented on 10/19/2017

Dear u000006902290,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. I first want to make things right by inviting you back out for a round of golf. Please feel free to call me at 720.360.4352.

I do want to touch on the comments above. I will double check with GolfNow because as of today all tee times are showing the aerification alert and cart path only alert. The $59 rate is discounted from the normal $115-$145 rate to reflect the aerification this time of year.

As for the other issues, we will look into it. The staff not telling you about the delay and sending you to the tee too early is a miss on our part. I can assure you that this is not normal for our operation. Additionally, I am not sure why the round took 5.5 hours as our normal pace is 4.5 hours.

I appreciate you letting us know about your experience, and we want the chance to make it right. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great day,

"Poor conditions"

lmwoodiuuofa's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/17/2017

Poor conditions due to greens being aerated. That was a surprise. I didn't catch that in the golf now tee time. I love this course but I was very disappointed by the sand on the greens and the relative slow play due to cart path only. It wasn't worth $55. I belong to a private club in AZ managed by Troon and I know Troon keeps their clubs in great shape so I'll go back to The Ridge. I'll just make sure the conditions are better next time.

Commented on 10/19/2017

Dear Imwoodiuufa,

Thank you very much for your review of the Ridge. We appreciate all feedback that we do receive and certainly take it serious.

My apologies that you didn't feel that the round wasn't worth the $55. Prior to aerification about a week ago we were charging around $115 per round of golf, as the golf course was in great condition. We drop the rates 50% after aerification to reflect the condition of the greens.

For future reference, greens will always be aerified at the Ridge in mid October, at least for the foreseeable future. Any time before that, the golf course is in fantastic condition.

As always, Troon and the Ridge appreciate your feedback and your time to let us know about your experience. We will continue to do what we can moving forward to make it more visible on Golfnow and our website that we are on aerified greens.

Thanks again for your time and let me know if I can assist further.

720.360.4352

"BEST STEAL EVER! THANKS GOLFNOW!"

jradbs's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2017

A must play! Great course, challenging yet excitingly fun! Beautiful course and views! Check for an afternoon tee time very early in the morning and you might get a steal of a deal like I did. Regular deal was $110-$165...Golfnow scored me 18w cart for $25 each for two players at noon! WOW! THANKS GOLFNOW!

Commented on 09/28/2017

Dear jradbs,

Thank you for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Have a great day.

"Labor Day Monday"

Robmayber's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

Golf course is in fantastic condition. Staff remains excellent. Course was so overloaded that the front nine played in 2.5 hours. Which isn't good but really isn't bad for a holiday weekend. However, the back nine was so slow that we played 10, 11 and 12 in an hour and a half. Had to cut out early because it was looking like a 6+ hour round.

Commented on 09/07/2017

Robmayber,

Our apologies for your experience. Certainly not the pace we prefer, regardless of a holiday. Please feel free to reach out to Will Foust, Assistant General Manager at 720.360.4352 as we'd love to have you back for another round of golf.

Thanks and have a great day

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017

Great course, fantastic rate on golf now. Some staff were a bit stiff, others were very polite. I would play this course again.

Dear u973625932,

Thank you for your comments regarding the golf course and staff. We will certainly look at our training in the future regarding the stiff personality of some staff. As always, these comments are appreciated.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you soon.

"Great course!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

Played this course for my third time this season. Shot my lowest score ever. Great course! I really like the layout and the views. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The amenities with the range and chipping/putting area are top notch. My buddy and I hung out on the patio over looking the 18th after our round and enjoyed a few drinks and dinner. I would have to say this is my favorite course to play in and around the Denver area. My only complaints would be that the greens on the back 9 are not as consistent or nice as the front 9, and the bunkers were full of pebbles on a few holes.

Dear u286300280,

Thanks for playing the Ridge! We appreciate these comments and look forward to seeing you again. Please let us know if we can ever do anything.

jcraighea's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2017

While on the expensive side this course is excellent and always in great shape. It is by no means easy it will challenge even the best players. Still very playable for your mid-handicapper. The bunkers are really horrible but that is the only drawback to this course.

Dear jcraighea,

Thanks for your comments regarding your recent experience. We appreciate you supporting our facility, and look forward to your return.

Thanks again and have a great day

"Beware of the bunkers"

Kevin7238804's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

For 150.00 a round you would hope they put sand in the bunkers, the course for the most part is in great shape but every bunker they have has huge rocks in them and NO sand so make sure you take some cheap wedges to play those shots! For as much as they charge to play there you would think it would be better, I play courses all over Colorado every week and this by far has the worst sand traps I have encountered, better courses for a lot less money, just my two cents

Commented on 08/04/2017

Dear Kevin7238804,

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and certainly take them to heart.

The bunkers are certainly on our capital improvement list with ownership. They are a very large investment requiring close to $1M to do it correctly.

Although this is the case, we have a maintenance plan in place over the next few years to add sand every year to the bunkers. This won't completely solve the issue as drainage is the main problem (every time it rains, rocks and dirt wash into our bunkers), but it will make playability much better.

Please let us know if we can assist further. Have a great day!

Will Foust, AGM

"Great Course"

gjordan11's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Booking directly with the course is much less expensive than golf now. They offer various rates based on age, etc.

The course conditions are always great. The layout is a lot of fun. It's a course that is more fun the second or third time as course knowledge is a huge advantage.

The price is over priced due to the fact that they don't offer a GPS or yardage book with the carts. There are a lot of times i'd love to know how it it is to a certain bunker, etc. I have a range finder, but a yardage book or cart GPS would be expected for a $145 / round course.

Pace of play sucks. Many high handicappers and groups on vacation play this course so you WILL get stuck behind a lot of slow players when playing Fri-Sun.

Commented on 08/04/2017

Dear gjordan11,

Thanks for playing the Ridge! We certainly appreciate your feedback.

Although we don't have GPS, we do offer an app with GPS and a yardage card. Next time you come out, search for our app by Best Approach.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Will Foust, AGM

tlee5's avatar
Age:  Under 25

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/17/2017

"Beautiful vistas"

Sandlinj's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

Beautiful course lots of changes in elavation very nice clubhouse and restaurant

Commented on 06/15/2017

Dear Sandlinj,

Thanks for your review of our facility. We are happy to hear that your experience was up to par, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Thanks and have a great day!

Assistant GM

"Best public course in Colorado"

Jeff8649858's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017

This course is always in great shape and the staff is awesome

Commented on 06/03/2017

Dear Jeff,

Thanks for your kind words! Please come see us again soon.

Assistant GM