2.4

Architect Dick Nugent (1992) Brad Bartell

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover, JCB Welcomed

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2017 #2)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 19

Not Worth the Cost

Took my father-in-law for a round of golf on a scenic course only to be disappointed with the quality fairways, greens, etc.

Good thing we booked through GolfNow as regular price for a round of golf for non-residents is $160USD.

Would not recommend this course to anyone looking for a well maintained course.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Just wow

While my game wasn’t the greatest today, this course is absolutely gorgeous. Would definitely recommend and play here again.

Beautiful setting. Tough course! Not in great shape

Commented on 03/05/2020

Hello, lisaryan. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

My last visit to this course

This is my third time to this course, spanning the last 25-30 years. The backdrop of the golf course is stunning, that has not changed. Course condition however was most disappointing. The condition of the grass clearly shows little has been done in terms of maintenance of the fairway, green and honestly the whole course. Little wonder there were very few players. Poor condition of the course makes the course even more challenging....Unforgettable golf experience, I must say.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 03/05/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Ko'olau Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Challenging

Course very challenging. Conditions were wet. Greens were slow and rough.

Commented on 01/31/2020

Hello, timwhite. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Ko'olau Golf Club.

Very beautiful

We love this course for the views. Great golf course and beautiful scenery! Lost many balls though!!

Beautiful course but poorly maintained

With rental clubs, it was about $200. I wouldn’t golf it for free. The fairways were not mowed and you lost balls in the fairway often.
It does have a nice, challenging layout, and surrounded by beautiful mountains. If maintained, would be great.

Commented on 03/05/2020

Hello u000005460956. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Ko'olau Golf Club.

Unfortunate

This course could be beautiful. The mountain range that runs along the course is absolutely amazing.... it’s the same mountain range you see in the movie Jurassic park. There was no grass except for the greens.... the course was soaking wet. I wouldn’t recommend playing this course unless you have knee length water proof boots and a decent golf game

Commented on 01/21/2020

Hello, Caleb. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. With the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Ko'olau Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Great Views

Played there with a Golf Now Hot deal. It rained last night and this morning so the course was soaked. Cart path only and the back nine was closed due to water. The course is challenging and very different than what I play in Texas. The staff was super nice. The snack bar never opened so no food. :(. For the money I would not have played if I had know how rough the course was going to be.

Commented on 03/05/2020

Hello, Jamson1806. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. With the recent rain were working to get everything up to par. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Ko'olau Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

I can’t recommend

Upon arriving at the course we were told the back 9 was closed due to excess water. They should have advised before hand. Without other options we decided to play 1-9 twice. They had excess water too. Standing water in a couple of fairways. Slippery conditions as I slipped a few times landing on my rear once. The sand traps were flooded. Honestly they should have closed the course. One of the few days I did not have fun on the golf course.

Commented on 01/21/2020

Hi Davdchapman. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Ko'olau Golf Club.

Definitely not worth $130

The worst course ever. Paid ~$130 only to be stuck in the mud for 5 hours.

Terrible drainage and poor course management. The course has so much potential with great views but is not managed at all.

Spoke to a staff after the round. Apparently a lot of people ask for a refund mid-round since the condition is so bad, and the management does not care for the course at all. What a shame.

You will be better off playing at any other courses. Avoid this course at all cost unless they offer $30 per round here.

Commented on 12/29/2019

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more? The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Ko'olau Golf Club.

Commented on 12/29/2019

This course has potential but save your money and go to Pali up the street

I was excited to play this course and arrived to a very friendly staff.
They warned us of the slow greens and difficulty of the course, which I was ready for a challenging course. My GHIN is 0.6 so the wife and I thought it would be fun standing on the first tee with all the beautiful Vistas.
Front nine was wet and very little grass in the fairways, no sand in the bunkers and the greens were probably a 4 on the stimp.
We finished the front nine and then the back nine started. I hit in the middle of the fairway on the first four holes on the back and it took 3 to 5 minutes to find my ball. After this and the course be torn up by the wild boars we finally decided to leave.
The condition of the fairways and the greens was so bad.
We travel around a lot and would not recommend Golf Now to advertise this course.
It has so much potential but falls short of expectations.

Commented on 12/12/2019

Hi Carynelson. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Ko'olau Golf Club.

Very Challenging Course

I don't write reviews, but feel compelled to in this case. I really enjoy this course, but always leave a little disappointed because it could be so much better. The Overall Score is 4, but I would have preferred to mark it as a 3.5. Pace of Play: My experience is that pace is generally good. On our last round, we were behind 2 foursomes, who collectively lost 6 balls off the first tee. But, they let us play through after the 3rd and 4th holes. Course conditions: The conditions were not good even adjusted for the fact that it is on the wetter windward side of Oahu (compare this course to Pali--the municipal course next door--which is also subject to the same general weather conditions). The bunkers were almost like hardpan (maybe the biggest disappointment). The back nine was particularly wet, and appears to need an upgraded drainage system. Staff Friendliness. Scored it as a "3" b/c, although the staff we met were friendly, the place seems to be understaffed. Including the person in the snack bar, only saw 3 employees. Value for the money. Although I grew up in Hawaii, I am now a "non-resident". Given prevailing non-resident prices this is a good value, especially if you can find a deal online. Course Layout. Love the layout, its the main reason I keep coming back. The 18th hole--where you must carry a huge ravine on your drive, then carry the same ravine on your approach--is one of my favorite holes. The backdrop for the course is the Ko'olau range--stunning. Definitely take a drive to the back tee on #15. Off Course Amenities. Rated as "Poor" b/c the driving range was closed and the practice greens were much slower and unkempt relative to (most of) the course greens. The food is so-so. Seemed understaffed. High handicappers should bring lots of balls. I enjoy this course, but overall it almost feels like the owners don't really understand golf, and keep investment into it at a bare minimum.

Challenging layout

First time playing this course, course conditions not as good as I would have expected. Greens were sandy and tee boxes needed weeding.

Not Worth It

Great views, drainage is needed as it is constantly wet.

They are letting the golf course go, particularly on the back nine.

Sand traps haven’t been touched in ages.

Greens were too slow and needed to be rolled.

Number 1 rated course in OAHU maybe 10 to 15 years ago.

Commented on 10/31/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Ko'olau Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon with noticeable improvements.

Beauty views but...

Very wet back 9 with ground under repair and plugged drives.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Hello, drdna. Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the course is important to us. With the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Ko'olau Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

A Great Day

Selected this course to play while on my vacation. Arrived and the pro shop was out of power but staff did what they needed to keep us going. Soft and wet conditions were mentioned because of the rain and got paired with a another twosome. Overall the vistas and layout was amazing. Elevation changes made it all the more challenging. Played LC&P the whole round and had a great day. It was about fun, not score, but still managed to break 100 and return with 7/12 balls I started with. Rental clubs were top notch,. Fun and challenging round. Could have used a few more bevy's while out there. That would be my only suggestion.

Kaneohe, Hawaii