Green (W) 72 6221 yards 78.7 142
Orange (W) 72 5072 yards 72.4 128
Royal Blue 72 3945 yards 61.5 101
Royal Blue (W) 72 3945 yards 64.9 109
Scorecard for Bandon Dunes
Black M: 74.1/143 386 189 543 410 428 161 383 359 558 3417 362 384 199 553 359 163 363 389 543 3315 6732
Green M: 71.4/133 W: 78.4/142 352 155 489 362 400 153 372 342 520 3145 339 351 153 537 332 131 345 375 513 3076 6221
Gold M: 69.5/133 W: 74.7/133 332 136 467 340 374 126 332 321 510 2938 302 315 129 498 320 113 301 329 471 2778 5716
Orange M: 66.6/126 W: 72.4/128 293 130 370 308 321 111 317 290 464 2604 251 284 98 447 288 102 250 324 424 2468 5072
Royal Blue M: 61.5/101 W: 64.9/109 223 76 318 228 260 111 232 220 335 2003 200 228 98 344 205 80 210 244 333 1942 3945

Year Built 1999
Fairways Fescue
Greens Fescue
Architect David McLay Kidd (1999)

Caddies Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Oregon (2017 #2) (2016 #5) (2015 #11)
  • Golf Advisor: Ginella's Top 50 U.S. Courses You Can Play (2016 #9) (2015 #9)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2017 #13)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2017 #4)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 10

Scotland in the USA

Quite simply. You will not find Scotlish links like this anywhere else in the US. Many courses in the US try to say they are a links course, but this is exactly the type of links golf they play in Scotland. True links golf requires...1. To be on the ocean. 2. To use the natural dunes and topography as the architechural foundation for course design. 3. Has the tight fairways neceesay to play to rolling shots links golf requires. 4. Utilizing prevailing winds as the courses main defense. Bandon Dunes meets all of these requirements without you leaving the US. It is hands down the best value for the quality of golf you will be playing. Pebble Beach has the history and the luxurious feel, but this is half the cost and just as memorable. This is a must play, bucket list expereince all avid golfers must experience. Bandon Dunes course was in excellent condition when I played (for the eigth time). The greens were fast and perfect, the fairways were firm but not browned out, allowing me to putt from close to one hundred yards from the green, and play running punch shots with my irons. The weather was 63 degrees and sunny with 10-20 mph winds sustained. You must plan your next trip to Bandon!

Starting @ Bandon

Father/son trip started at Bandon Dunes and we found this to be the most fun of the 4 courses. The greens were in amazing shape and you could spray it without getting into too much trouble. Holes along the ocean were great (especially 16). Playing late in the day the finish is great for views/photos etc. A word about the facility is it’s truly first class without seeming pretentious. Food is great, portions are generous and it rarely takes more than 10 minutes after ordering. The prices are reasonable (you can get a steak or fancier dishes but there was enough variety that we didn’t have to go). Shuttles were great, everyone goes out of their way to get you where you need to go quickly.

Bandon Trip

Maybe the best golf destination in the country! Bandon Dunes was everything I read about it - and more. If you're an avid golfer, you must go.

Ultimate Golf Experience But Bring Carry Bags

Superb golf experience One complaint: the Resort never told us we had to bring carry bags with stands. I took our 2 cart bags and emptied them out so they were light. As soon as we got there, they brought out their own carry bags. So at each course we had to empty out our bag into their bag and reverse the process at round's end. Golf balls, gloves, tees, etc, outerwear, wallet, phone, ,etc. Forgot my sunglasses for round one. Very annoying and starter and staff agreed we should have been told on website and when we called and booked.I had 2 carry bags at home we could have used! That aside, the golf was superb, as were the caddies and staff. We played Bandon and Pacific. I preferred Bandon ;definitely more playable, less tiricked up and less hilly (but both courses are hilly). I thought Bandon more resembled a Scottish llinks, as epitomized by the Old Course. Pacific is more visually spectacular and each hole looks different. But there are giant, deep bunkers everywhere you look, frequently in the middle of fairways. I had a couple of my best tee shots dribble into them and then you are 6 feet deep and can only explode out. Like Scotland on steroids In sum, it's definitely a bucket list type of experience for all lovers of the game.
Off-course amenities Good
Virginia Advisor

The OG

So many words have been written and read about Bandon Dunes that it's hard to pile on. However, everything you've read is true. There's no resort like it in the world let alone the USA. The original course by DMK might be the best on the property and is the perfect introduction to the ideals of the resort. Highly recommend this being the first course you play if it's your first trip. Sets the stage for the others perfectly. Inland holes, coastal holes, beautiful par 3s, short par 4s, et al.
Pace of Play Good

Bandon Dunes Resort

I finally got to Bandon. My husband had been telling me it's mystical and magical. And it is. The question is whether Bandon Dunes is the best course of 4 18-hole layouts. You have to play the original and if you get a late afternoon tee time and see 16 around sunset...it makes it even though you'll battle the winds. Don't forget to check for the irrigation box underneath the tree near 10 tee. Open it up, sign the book, leave a memento and take a slug of whiskey. Little traditions like this make Bandon Dunes as a resort unbeatable for the golf purist. If you can play each course twice plus Punchbowl plus par - 3 preserve you will have an animated conversations among guests and caddies about their favorite course. I'm going with the original.

An original classic

It's hard for me to say publicly that this is my third favorite course at the resort, because it's just so darn good. It's the most fair of the three linksy courses (except for the bunker on the par-3 15th hole) and arguably the most fun. There's great variety and character in the holes and on the site itself. Several of the fairways look like moonscapes with endless humps and bumps. The wall of six bunkers in the eighth fairway is a cruel but amusing trick. The coastal holes (4-6 and 16) all have unique characteristics that make them memorable. It's a course I could play every day and never tire of its challenges.
Staff Friendliness Average
Course Layout Good

Simply incredible

There is just something so special about this place. We had a group of 8 come in, and played it in January when it is a bit of a roll of the dice on weather. The trade off is the rates are incredible, and we ended up with sun, 50 degree weather, and an incredible rate! The golf is just superb. You feel like you are across the pond all in the comforts of home. From start to finish it can't be beat. Also, the caddies are phenomenal and know exactly how to treat high and low handicap golfers. If you haven't been, you have to go.
Course Layout Excellent

Worth every effort to play!

WOW! When first planning this trip and the logistics of getting there from Kentucky, I remember thinking how much of a challenge it was going to be in order to get to Bandon, OR - and ever since playing for the first time, I would hitchhike across the country just to get back for one more hole! Bandon was our first 18 of the trip and we arrived in a light mist/rain. The service was 1st class, welcomed us to the resort, got us all checked in and ready to play. We ended up buying rain gear based on the forecast for the day, and the pro-shops had all we needed and were actually very reasonably priced. From the 1st hole, our caddies were fantastic, and they got better from there (as a matter of fact, to be fair to our caddies we only ended up playing 9 holes this day). About the 3rd hole, the mist turned into a monsoon with 40mph winds and heavy rain blowing sideways. The rain was blowing so hard that we couldn't see the Pacific Ocean on Hole 5 (hole 5 is ON the Pacific Ocean)! The caddies were real troopers, never said a word about calling it quits and were actually enlightened at the fact that we were almost enjoying the experience of golfing in the Pacific Northwest in November in a monsoon. The caddies mentioned it was a top 5 rainstorm ever that they have been out in, but the course was holding up surprisingly good and was still playable through hole 9 (when we went in). The course is very tough but fair, rewarding your taken risks. Beautiful tract of land, every hole is an adventure and is one that you will forever cherish in your memory. Lots of Bald Eagles and Deer all around you, everyone is very welcoming. A once-in-a-lifetime experience that every golfer needs to experience twice in their lives! The resort is fantastic as well, with several lodging options, good places to eat, well-stocked pro-shops, excellent practice facility, easy transportation around the resort, and a very, very awesome running/hiking/walking trail system! I found Bandon Dunes the most playable of the courses (we did not play the Preserve), while Pacific was the most awe-inspiring for sure. You also don't want to miss the Punchbowl (a crazy large putting green!), we stayed out until after dark and the poor waitress continued to run drinks back and forth to us for as long as we wanted to stay out (she was great!).
Golf Channel

First visit

Recently, a colleague and I made a three-day stop at Bandon. It was my first visit to one of America's golf meccas, and it did not disappoint. Our first full round was at the original course, Bandon Dunes. As you might expect, the holes on the water are absolutely breathtaking. The fourth hole is one I'll remember forever. It's a short par 4, and as you walk down the fairway for your second shot, you turn the corner to look toward the green and -- wham! -- there's the Pacific Ocean. We played from very manageable tees (it was about 6,200 yards) and had a great time. The weather was perfect for both of our rounds here -- 65 and sunny, with light winds -- so it wasn't an overwhelming challenge, but in the summer, when the winds are fierce, it would be all you can handle.
Course Layout Good