Year Built 1990

Clubhouse

Plays Long 7
Group Getaways 8

great views

Of he two, Caledonia and now Tidewater, I prefer the latter. Its better set up for all golfers. The views were great of the sound and the difficulty of the course was manageable.
We were paired up with a local and one that had played it before and they were great, that made the round more enjoyable.
Some very fun par 3's and the slight elevation changes were good.

I can see why this is a MUST PLAY in the MB area

Yes this is my first time playing this course, but even if I've played here 5 times, i would still say the same thing. The marsh views from some of the holes are the best in the area, hands down. The course was in GREAT SHAPE, fairways and greens. The cart lady was a little slow making the rounds, as we only saw her once (we started on the back 9), but even that didn't deter my attitude for Tidewater. I can see why it's at the top of all the courses in the MB area.

Exceeded expectations.

The layout is very interesting. I particularly enjoyed the back 9-- great vistas, the marshlands, the Cherry Grove inlet. The conditions of the greens and fairways were excellent, and the staff were very friendly. The course was less punitive than I had feared. It is definitely one of my favorites.

Tidewater great conditions and design

The course has some of the best views on the strand, The green complexes are challenging with a premium placed on being on the correct side of the pin. Condition is always good to great. An enjoyable course to play with an excellent 19th hole to relive your round.

Pleasantly surprised

I was not familiar with Tidewater and played as a guest of a member, who had told me it was a great course. Well, I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. A great layout, the course was in perfect condition, the greens were fast but true and the views on some of the holes were beautiful. I was very surprised and pleased and when I'm down there again, Tidewater is on my list of courses I'm playing

Tidewater: perfect finish to a stellar trip.

My group of 16 played Tidewater on the final day of a 5 day /5 round trip. We had played Barefoot Landing (Love), The Pearl, Thistle, Grand Dunes and finally Tidewater. on Saturday evening we all remarked how much we had enjoyed our course selections thus far and wondered what Tidewater might present. We were not disappointed. Tidewater proved to be the pick of the trip.The course was in great shape and the views on many holes were awe-inspiring.
As we had players of various ages and skill levels some of us played from the white tees and others from next box up. Tidewater presented a scorecard option white/green. Those players playing this layout played the 9 most difficult holes from the green (forward) tee box and the other 9 from the white. This option proved to be perfect for our group.
we will be back to Tidewater next year. (maybe twice)

Slower than cold syrup

We played first tee time and were told to play slow as they doubled teed until 2.5 hours later. So we were told to take at least 2:15 to play the front 9. We teed off at 730 and got to the turn "too fast" and had to wait until 945 as promised... fine if you like being told to play slow. We went down to the 10th at 945 and there were TWO groups about to tee off. So we didn't really go until 10. To add to this, it was the slowest golfing I've seen yet. Unpoliced, it was pathetic. Never saw a ranger once. We finished at 1230, waited on EVERY SHOT.
We were to tee off for the second round at 1:30. We asked the started to move us to 2pm so we could let some space form. We were the last group to go out so they warned us we would have to play quick as they'd be waiting on us to close. They happily agreed to let us go at 2 which was nice. They said it would be much quicker in the afternoon. It was WORSE. We were done at about 7:10. Waited on every single box and approach. Never ever saw a ranger/marshal.

Sadly, it is a great course, one that we would never play again.

We done tons of trips and played rounds all over the place, never saw anything this bad.

Our home course is Bethpage, and we decided we could have walked the Black twice faster.

Really terrible way to wreck a course by squeezing dollars out of it.

FWIW, it was a weekday and there was no outing or anything like that, just a course that didn't value time, nor any sense of rhythm to a round of golf on a would be great track. I dont think I'd play this place for $50 at this pace let alone a premium price.

Jamie Mantooth

My new favorite! Great staff and the scenery can't be beat! The course was in excellent shape. Great tee selection to suit the beginner or the advanced golfer. My only complaint is that I played it the last day I was in town. Next time I am in the area, I will play this course at least twice!

Special Course

Played it twice in the same day from different tees. I LOVED the layout, so many great holes - some short, some long, over marsh, it was just an enjoyable round of golf.

I will be back next time in Myrtle and hope to do 36 again.

Great views, feeling of seclusion bolster the experience

Tidewater has been one of the top-rated Myrtle Beach area courses since it opened in 1990. Which makes sense - it supplies a lot of what area visitors are after in a high-end Grand Strand golf experience. The marsh views on both ends of the golf course are excellent, conditioning is very good and the course's fairly secluded location gives it a peaceful vibe.

That vibe is also reflected in the shaping of the holes, which is unusually low-profile for the area. This can make it tricky to judge certain shots, which makes seemingly easy holes a bit more challenging. There are a few pedestrian holes, mostly on the interior of the course, but overall, Tidewater is a solid upscale play in Myrtle Beach.

Amazing Experience!

Course was in great shape! From the time we pulled into the parking lot to the time we left the experience was amazing!

Very Nice!

A very beautiful and fun course! The waterway combined with great course conditions makes for a scenic and enjoyable experience. For an area (Myrtle Beach) that is having issues with their greens, this course is not. The Greens were in great condition and rolling about a 10. A new favorite that I will definitely revisit.

Fantastic find

Loved this course so much we went back and played it a second time two days later! Great layout, views of the ocean and marsh. Great condition. Really a gem!

Very Good Course

The course goes up and down through the round very well. Inland holes, water holes, back inland, back to the water, and over again. Nice flow. Decent variety in the holes, but not stellar. Pay attention to the rates. I can't remember exactly what I paid, but I felt that was fair. Right now (Oct 28) they're charging $122 and I do not think the course is worth that.

Classic Facility

Returned to Tidewater and enjouyed the day. The finer details of course conidtion were not present and some greens sustained winter damage that hasn't yet grown back.

Maybe there was too much hype?

First things first... The winter has not been kind to NC/SC. Greens everywhere are beaten up by alternating heat waves and cold snaps. That being said, Tidewater is a great layout. Very challenging, but not unfair, and hugely fun. Facilities are great, free range and well kept clubhouse. The people working the pro shop were a bit rude. The starter, John, was awesome. Very friendly and informative. The ranger, another older gentleman, was a complete jerk. Very rude and condescending to our group, definitely enough to make us think about coming back. There's no excuse for that at a course that has such a premium price tag. We will be back when conditions are better in the area, hopefully our ranger friend will not be.

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina