2.3

Yellow 72 5765 yards 67.9 118
Scorecard for Oak/Maple
Black M: 73.3/133 506 159 373 497 360 464 189 409 422 3379 383 565 371 191 402 401 629 162 437 3541 6920
Green M: 70.7/131 475 128 352 471 329 437 164 380 399 3135 356 526 343 158 377 374 595 130 382 3241 6376
Gold M: 67.9/118 452 105 297 442 317 394 134 353 379 2873 316 499 305 133 329 345 547 91 327 2892 5765
Red W: 69.5/126 415 71 238 401 279 330 84 314 345 2477 266 432 271 101 310 297 491 63 292 2523 5000

Year Built 1993
Architect Tom Jackson

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes

Bad Shape

The greens have gotten out of control. The best way to play is just knock it on the green and give yourself a two putt. I'm sure that the greens will come around but if wont be anytime soon. I like playing here. But just putting a warning out there for fellow golfers that now is not the time to play there if you are trying to score.

Excellent course

Friendly staff, course is in great shape & challenging

Hunters Creek All 3 Nines

Having played this course many times I was surprised at the condition of all 3 nines. The greens were terrible. No grass on them at all. The tee boxes were not even cut. The fairways were terrible. Overall very bad condition. Are they getting ready to sell? I won’t be back anytime soon.

Wish it was better

I played Hunters Creek about a month ago and thought that the new ownership had turned the corner on improving the condition of the course. I was disappointed, however, to see clover in the fairways, longish grass in some of the fairways, and uneven greens (some of them had both extremely bumpy places and skinned places on them). This course could be excellent; it's a good layout with a good variety of holes. I hope to see improvement in conditions.

The guy at the club house over charged me. I had a highlighted section on my golf now confirmation that said how much was due at the golf course, and I showed it to him. He had a bad attitude and he argued with me.

Good Ccurse. Needs some polish

Course and Staff were good. Just need some attention to detail. Only water on course were a couple of old fountains. Sand trap sand needs work. Bridges look to be ready to fall apart.

Hunters Creek Greenwood, SC

The course is a very nice layout with challenging holes. They have improved the fairways and greens which needed TLC. Fun course to play.

Somebody please buy this course!!

This at one time was one of the best courses in the state but the last owners just ran it into the ground and the new cooperation that bought the course is trying to get course back into shape but it seems they just do not want to put the money into the course to get it back into shape. This is a awesome 27 holes of golf, three great nines that each present their own challenges. The maple nine is insanely tough!! This could once again before a wonderful course but it needs help. Not worth the money right now, it is a cow pasture.

Moderately Challenging

Course was a little bettter than average. Greens were challenging; the bunkers were not well kept nor well sanded.
Plenty of open space even though the fairways need a little sprucing up.
For the money, I'd play this course again.

Enjoyed playing there. But, it would help if more direction signs were displayed. Got confused about which hole we were on and which course we were playing.

Course - maple/oak

Nice little course. Reviews were correct on the bunkers. Rough! Course needs some overall maintenance to be a four star+. Out of logo balls. Disappointing.

Hunters's Creek

Great layout, every hole different from others, lot of uneven lies, sand traps mostly hardpan, not made for walking, greens are bumpy, but are improving.

Commented On 07/12/2016

Thanks for the review! It's nice to see the work we're putting in on the course is appreciated, so we're glad you said something. It's getting better as time goes on, so we'd happily have you back for another round in the future if you ever get the itch. Hope to see you soon, and thanks again for the review.

Lessons Learned

Usually when I decide to play a new course I check the reviews, especially when I use Golf Now. I failed to do so when I booked my tee time for Hunter's Creek. What a mistake. The recent reviewers clearly portrayed the course as "wasteland". I don't think I played a course in this poor condition for years. You might expect some backwoods muni that is headed for extinction to be in this condition, but not an upscale housing development course. The people who live in those nice houses must be pulling their hair out. I know the golf course business is in a funk, and golf courses are money pits for investors. But how did this place get in that poor of a condition. It will take millions to redo this track. The greens are atrocious, the fairways harder than the cart paths and the sand traps like concrete. To think I drove over an hour to play there is amazing. Lesson learned, always check the reviews before you book a new course. I will.

Commented On 05/11/2016

We're sorry to hear you didn't have a great visit to our course. We are well aware of the conditions, and we're working on finding a solution. We invite you to return in the future, as we're sure you'll have a much better round. Please stay tuned for more updates. Thank you.

Very Challenging Course

You'll be welcomed by an abundance of overgrown & weeded tee boxes, a mixture of heavily weeded and clover covered concrete fairways & greens that reassemble the surface of the moon where the ball bounces as it rolls across because it just can't contain the excitement of it's most recent lunar landing. Will this course provide you with all the challenges that you thought were never possible?As the mens wearhouse spokesman says " I guarantee it !" The horrible condition screams financial troubles. I wouldn't be surprised if this course isn't for sale or in foreclosure.

Commented On 05/03/2016

We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your round at our course. If you consult earlier reviews, you'll see that we're well aware of the course conditions and have plans for maintenance in the future. The season is really just getting started for us, and we're working as hard as we can to get things ready for a great summer at our course. We hope you'll come back in a few weeks, as we're certain you'll have a much better round. Thanks!

Hunters Creek is GONE TO WEEDS !

Unbelievable that this beautiful 27 holes of golf is almost completely gone to weeds with greens that are mostly mud. No water fountains, rangers, etc. etc.

Do not waste your money

Commented On 04/29/2016

Sorry to hear you didn't have a great visit to our course, Kechepy. We are quite aware of the situation on our course and are in the process of scheduling maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience the conditions caused for you. We invite you to come back sometime in the future, as we guarantee you'll have a much better experience.

Terrible Do Not Waste Your Money

This course is going downhill fast. There were more weeds in the fairways than grass. Charged us full rate, was advised that seniors rate is the same as standard rate. Do not waste your money and time on this course!!!

Commented On 04/12/2016

We're sorry to hear the course wasn't quite up to your standards, clunis! We know he course conditions aren't exactly desirable right now, but the truth is that with our season is just getting started we haven't had a chance to get our scheduled maintenance in before the seasonal rush of golfers. We'll be getting started soon, though! As for the pricing, we were running our Masters rates because the tournament was going on, which means every golfer was charged the same rate. None of this is meant to serve as an excuse for your experience, which we regret was not what you'd hoped for, but to provide context for your situation. We wholeheartedly apologize if these things were not made clear to you the day you played. We'll make sure we communicate more clearly next time. All-in-all, we think you'd have a much better visit a little later on in the season. If you find yourself in this neck of the woods again, please feel free to stop by!

Nice layout.

Course has 27 holes. Nice layout. Still has a lot of winter weeds and greens are a little sparse. Should get better with the warm weather.

Commented On 03/31/2016

We're glad you enjoyed the course! With regard to the greens and weeds, you hit the nail on the head. They should be getting better in no time! Feel free to stop by in a couple weeks. We'd be happy to have you again!

Good layout bad shape

Good golf holes but even for dormant times in rough shape

Hodges, South Carolina
Abbeville, South Carolina
Ninety Six, South Carolina
Ware Shoals, South Carolina
Waterloo, South Carolina
Ninety Six, South Carolina

Valid dates: May 24, 2019 - Oct 13, 2019
Save on lodging and Canyons Golf! Give your drive the adventure it deserve this summer at Canyons Golf.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!
Unlimited Golf Stay and Play at St James Bay Golf Club