Whitmore Lake Golf Links

Architect Bill Newcomb

Pull-carts No

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Average golfer

The course is well cared for, fairly open fairways for the average golfer, yet challenging enough for everyone.

Commented on 09/15/2020

Thank you for your kind 5-star review, u410369074! We're so glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Whitmore Lake Golf Links.

Beautiful Course!

First time playing here today.. absolutely loved playing here. The course is really well kept and is set in the beautiful natural surrounding. The course is definitely challenging but it was a lot of fun.

Commented on 09/15/2020

Thank you for your kind 5-star review, u314160102330! We're so glad you enjoyed your first round with us. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Whitmore Lake Golf Links.

Commented on 09/15/2020

Thank you for your 4-star review, u314160303804! We're glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Whitmore Lake Golf Links.

Commented on 09/15/2020

Thank you for your 5-star review, u000007341366! We're so glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Whitmore Lake Golf Links.

Slow day

Pace of play was very slow and at one stage we were three groups waiting on the same tee.
Considering the amount of rain we had the course was in good shape although we did get a few plugged lies on the fairway.
As a first time player at the course I found it quite challenging where to lay up and there are many blind shots.
It might be easier the second time around but I think there are more interesting courses in the area to explore.

Commented on 09/10/2020

Hi u000001546773, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4 stars. We do apologize for any delay of play during your round and as we aim for a 5-star experience, we always welcome this kind of feedback for improvements. Thank you for playing Whitmore Lake Golf Links, and we hope to welcome you back for a 5-star golf experience soon!

Favorite Course

This golf course is absolutely awesome to play on. Very creative course and very nice greens. This course is maintained very well. It has now become my favorite course to play on. They have a cool boardwalk that the cart rides on from hole to hole and the course creates a very peaceful atmosphere to enjoy a round of golf.

Commented on 09/10/2020

Thanks for your 5-star rating and great support, u314160317384! We're so glad you enjoyed your time with us. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Whitmore Lake Golf Links!

Whitmore Links

Nice course with a nice layout! Back nine is challenging and can make you think. Make sure you have all of your clubs you’ll need all of them for this course!

Commented on 09/10/2020

Thanks for your 5-star rating and feedback, Clyde1956! We're so glad you enjoyed your time with us. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Whitmore Lake Golf Links!

Commented on 09/10/2020

Thanks for your 4-star rating, u6268231! We're so glad you enjoyed your time with us. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Whitmore Lake Golf Links!

Great “satisfaction” course

Challenging but fair course for the average player

Commented on 09/03/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Whitmore Lake Golf Links. We appreciate your 5-star review and hope you join us for another round soon!

Commented on 09/02/2020

Thank you for your 4-star rating, SongJung5877814! We're glad you enjoyed your round. We hope you join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Whitmore Lake Golf Links!

My favorite court

I play couple of times every year, like the distance, green area, and will come back again.

Commented on 09/02/2020

Thank you for your 4-star rating and dedication to playing our course, Songgt! We're so glad you enjoyed your last round. We hope you join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Whitmore Lake Golf Links.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hi u512585190, thanks for the 4-star review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Whitmore Lake Golf Links.

Before you go ...

I recommend it because it’s good for the cost. I have regularly found this course to be less expensive than others in the area. It’s a nice layout but it’s often in rough shape. The greens run well when they are in good shape, but there are too many ball marks and dried out areas to make the greens run true all the time. There are way too many places in the middle of fairways or rough areas that should be well maintained that are ground under repair. A word of warning about tee selection too. Almost all of the extra yardage for black tees is on holes with forced carries or one par 3 that’s 220 with little room for error. Check the course with a GPS app before you decide.

Commented on 08/20/2020

Hi homer223, we appreciate you taking the time to recommend the course and rate us 4 stars. As we aim for a 5-star experience, we always welcome this kind of feedback for potential improvements. Your feedback has been shared with our staff, and we thank you for playing Whitmore Lake Golf Links. We hope to see you again soon!

Slow

Threesome in front of me was not very good or smart. Waited on every hole for green. To clear. Even par fives. I waited on every shot.
Quit after 13 holes. I could not take it any longer.

Commented on 08/19/2020

Hi u000005252300, thank you for the 4-star review, however, we're very sorry to hear your recent experience was affected by other players on the course. We value your feedback and can assure you our staff works hard to ensure a timely pace of play for all of our guests. Your comments have been shared with our staff for any improvements, and we hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much better round soon.

Commented on 08/19/2020

Hi Emmanuel2307252, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, however, we see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Whitmore Lake Golf Links.

Really Solid Layout

The back nine is fun and challenging with the exception of the artificial island tee box on the long par 5. The front nine is pretty wide open and tough to lose a ball on. Bunkers and rough were well maintained but there were diseased spots on multiple fairways and greens. I personally thought the greens were tough to read properly .

The amenities are pretty basic. I don't like how they have the practice green all the way between #1 tee and #2 green. I paid $46 on Sunday morning which was $6 too much.

Commented on 08/19/2020

Hi KL1121, thank you for taking the time to review the course. We're sorry to hear that your recent experience with us may not have met our usual expectations, but we are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make necessary changes. Please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop if you would like to address any concerns further. Your feedback is very important to us, and we hope we can welcome you back for a better experience soon.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Tonegoro, thank you for your 4-star review! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great golf experience. Thanks for choosing Whitmore Lake Golf Links.

Commented on 08/18/2020

We're so glad to see you enjoyed your last round with us, u314159404717! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ladies League

Pace was hampered by being the first one off after the ladies. Course has a few issues with what appears to be winter kill or disease. Greens were recently aerated so a bit bumpy but for fifteen bucks I can't complain. I will in the future check courses directly to see if league play conflicts with Golfnow tee times. Senior Tees are way to short. Played the white and was more comfortable, Group behind played the gold and felt pressed to hurry because the gold box would be 50 to 100 yards difference and a few the difference was over 200 so they would be played as 4/5 pars.
I will play here again on a different day and rate the course accordingly.

Commented on 08/07/2020

Hi golfcolo, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. We do apologize for any delay in pace of play, but appreciate your patience & understanding regarding our league. We aim for a 5-star golf experience, so we always welcome this kind of feedback for improvements. Your comments have been shared with our staff, and we thank you for playing Whitmore Lake Golf Links. We hope to welcome you back for a better round soon!

Excellent value

Found this course on GolfNow and according to the reviews it was worth trying. We were not dissapointed! The course is in excellent shape... the greens , even though they had been plugged and rolled, played near normal.
The scorecard gave accurate distancing to the first hazard for each hole which proved to be handy on most holes. The layout was fair to most levels of play and challenging enough to make the complete round interesting and enjoyable. I will definitely be returning for more rounds of golf at this course and have recommended to several friends already!

Commented on 08/18/2020

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your first round with us, u530110315! We truly value this kind of feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Whitmore Lake, Michigan