Whitmore Lake Golf Links

Architect Bill Newcomb

Pull-carts No

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Commented on 10/29/2019

Hi zenbe, thanks for your 4-star review! Please join us again soon at Whitmore Lake Golf Links.

Great course my third time playing here, my first time was for my Vfw golf outing which was my first time ever golfing, great time, well kept course.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hi rnemeth, thank you for your 5-star rating and sharing your feedback with us! Please book another round with us soon at Whitmore Lake Golf Links.

A great little course

Only 5482 yds from the white tees, a delightful round with some tree-lined fairways, challenging greens and although some fairways had grass clumps from cutting, good maintenance overall. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We lucked out in that there was a shotgun tournament just finishing up when we teed off, so with no one in front of us, the two of us finished the round in a leisurely 3.25 hours. I was expecting the usual slow Friday afternoon round and was very pleasantly surprised. Love this course! And, of course, Ann Arbor, a great place to have dinner after the round, is only 10 minutes away.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Hi, we are beyond happy to hear that you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers and we look forward to many good times ahead with you! We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Whitmore Lake Golf Links. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Nice track

Course was in good shape. Greens were sneaky fast and played great. Very surprised as this was my first time out. would definitely play again

Hidden Gem

Have not played this course in over a year. Got a good deal on Golfnow and decided to try it again. Was quite busy mid morning on a monday but the pace was OK.. We were done right at 4 hours for 18...not tooo bad. What WAS a pleasant surprise was the over all condition of the greens and the speed that the superintendent set up. They rolled true and just quick enough that our group even thought they were fast!...Just had to start the ball on the right line as you did not have to rap it to reach even the longest putts....especially the down hill ones...Kudo's to the great work the grounds guys are doing...keep it up!! And on that note also had a cutting crew member help me find my ball on one hole since he saw where I landed as I could not since it went over a large tree and I never saw it hit the ground,,,Keep up the good work...we will be back!!!

Commented on 08/13/2019

Thanks for the review and rating of us! We love hearing back from our golfers after their round and are so happy that you enjoyed yourself here! Thank you for the raving review of our course conditions and staff here at Whitmore Lakes! We look forward to having you back again soon.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Thanks for the 4-star rating! Please join us again soon!

Nice Course, good value

Course was in good shape, with just a couple areas that needed work. Pace was fair on a Sunday afternoon. Good value for the money.

Commented on 08/06/2019

Hi slinsner. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Whitmore Lake Golf Links!

Not Good

The pace of play was terrible (and terrible is being kind). Our tee time was 10:32 and we didn't tee of until almost 11:00. Normally on a weekend I would expect it to be a bit backed up and wouldn't have much of a problem with a slight delay. However, when you couple that late start with a 5.5 hour round it's really frustrating. The ranger was nice enough although maybe too nice as it seemed he didn't seem to have the stones to get the 2 groups in front of us moving faster. With 3 groups backed up on 1 hole and a wide open hole 2 holes ahead of us it was terribly frustrating.

Poor Management

Overall the golf course was in fair condition. Not a long golf course, but well designed. Huge difference between layouts of front and back which was nice. Our experience was very unprofessional from staff at the club. Carts were scattered near parking lot and no outside staff to direct you. Carts were old and in poor condition. Biggest complaint without a doubt was pace of play. Just from what I was able to see from the course I counted four separate fivesomes. It was a Saturday morning where you expect the course to be busy, but with four fivesomes playing in front of us it was laughably slow. Absolutely ridiculous the golf staff would allow this. Will not be back.

Commented on 07/26/2019

Thank you for your review and we apologize for not delivering on your expectations. Due to the storms the previous night and subsequent power outages we found ourselves cleaning up storm debris which rerouted our staff from their other duties. Again we apologize and hope you will give us and another try to redeem ourselves.

Commented on 07/22/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Whitmore Lake Golf Links. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Hidden gem

Great course hidden so well it make a you wonders if you are on the right GPS map before getting to the course. Enjoyed playing with an elderly couple who couldn't be any friendlier!! Good pace and great staff!! Slightly on the short side on Par 5 holes but layout was good. Front half is much more open and back half Ian narrow at times. Good value for the money. Recommended.

Decent golf course with good value

This golf course is a great value for the money. Although the course itself is not long, it's laid out in a way that makes it difficult to walk the course. Cart is definitely in need to play here. Front nine is a bit easier than the back nine. Back nine has some challenges for each hole. Overall, this is a fun course to play with a lot of value.

Commented on 06/20/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. Thanks for pointing out our playing conditions – as you see they are very important to us. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Commented on 06/20/2019

Hello, Thank you for the five-star review! We are happy that we could exceed your expectations! We pride ourselves on creating an amazing atmosphere and we are excited that you had a chance to experience that. Come back and see us again soon!

Nice Course

Rained a lot that morning, course real wet.
Tees, fairways, and greens in good condition. One hole little shaky with "deck" tees off fake grass (guess it beats teeing off in muck).
Needs 100/150/200 yard marking stakes!

Commented on 06/20/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

1ST TIME PLAYING THIS COURS

for all the rain that Michigan has had lately the course was perfect except for just a few spots … greens were ideal and at a good speed … we played the blue tees which set up some long par 3s in the 170 to 190 yd range as the pins were in the back … will play this course again

Commented on 05/17/2019

Great value

Fairways & greens in excellant condition in spite of all the rain. Pace of play was great.

Commented on 05/13/2019

Commented on 04/29/2019

Hello, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

This course is always a fun play. The curse is generally in great shape and the pace of play is normally good. Though I went on a day there were league it still only took me 3 hours to play. There are a couple bad spots on the greens but so early in the year, they have time to fix that.

Commented on 04/19/2019

Thank you Mike for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. Thanks for pointing out our playing conditions – as you see they are very important to us. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Whitmore Lake, Michigan