Style Traditional/Executive

The course at Springfield Golf Resort has a traditional design that has an interesting mix of desert-style holes. This executive course features average sized greens that are heavily undulating and fairways that are tight and lined with a few trees. Water comes into play on a few holes and there are also a few strategically placed sand bunkers throughout. The golf course plays fast, but it offers a good challenge for all skill levels. Offering three sets of tee boxes creates even more opportunities for adapting the game to different abilities and handicaps. In addition to the golf course, Springfield Golf Resort also offers a chipping area and putting green.

Springfield Golf Resort

Year Built 1996
Fairways Poa Annua Grass
Greens Poa Annua Grass

Pull-carts No

Driving Range Yes - 12 tees driving range
Indoor Practice No

Dress code Collared shirt required, no denim

Great golf course

Very friendly and professional staff, great layout, clean course, very good pace, new electric golf carts ride very well.
The only recommendation I have is to add more ball washers.

Just opened up so conditions not the best but we played there last year a lot and loved it .
Just needs some more water and growing

Commented on 10/16/2019

Hi, gmexi. Thank you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We appreciate your understanding with the current conditions as we start our season and work to make improvements though watering the course and better weather. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Springfield Golf Resort.

Great little practice course

This is my local course and I really enjoy playing here. I play as a single so I am always paired up with people and it has always been a fun experience. This is a par 61 course with 3 and 4 but no par 5 holes. It is the perfect course if you are looking to hone your skills in a non-pressure environment. Everyone I have played with has been relaxed and out to have a fun time.

In addition to the players, the staff is always friendly and the pace of play is usually pretty quick with most games not far from 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

Great course and great staff.

I play Springfield a few times a month and I am always pleased with the course but more so with the staff. It's a favorite of mine and I will continue to play there for years.

Great course, great team

Springfield is a great course in the East Valley. I played there all Summer and had a blast. The owners (Morgan & Rich) are renowned for building great teams and their crew at Springfield is at the top of their game. The Winter season should be great . Thanks to all team members for what you do.

Good course great staff

Golfing was fun just disappointed that are golf died on us at the end of hole 13 making us wait and lose our pace of play otherwise great staff they came and helped us right away just upset our cart died

Commented on 09/27/2019

Hello, yhsim01. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Springfield Golf Resort another try in the near future.

Little Gem

Another hidden Gem of the Easy Valley. Great course to work on your short game and play a quick round. I will be bringing my daughter here for lessons next year and can’t wait to come back in a couple weeks!

Commented on 09/23/2019

Thank you for the great review, we are always very happy to hear people enjoyed our facility! Hope to see you again!

Always a joy to play!

My grandson and I always like to play Springfield whenever we get the chance. Which is not often enough. We have not been there for a while but the program made me pick a date anyway in order to post. But when we do the staff is always accommodating, friendly and professional! We live out in Santan Valley and he plays high school golf for Poston Butte and I am a volunteer assistant coach. We always recommend Springfield to the guys for working on their short game and the overall challenge of the course. Hoping to get over there more often with the weather change.

Nice job Rich .

I was GOING to leave a crappy review, just so the course wouldn't be loaded with people but in all honesty, I can't. Me and my 3 " Boyz" really enjoy playing twice a week. You've done a fantastic job with the course since you took it over. You and Morgan are top notch. Thank you!!!
Bob Engstrum

Commented on 09/11/2019

Thanks Bob! We love having you! Your energy is infectious.

Fun and fair

This course is a fair test for those with handicaps in the teens . The staff was extremely friendly and helpful . It's a great value .

Young and old it's a must GO!

Great people and a will kept course! No matter what time of the year you go. They are very friendly to junior golfers and my grandson and I play there as often we can. Which has not been that much this year as we would have liked.

Springfield

I go during twilight hour (after 4 pm)
because of small amount of players at this time. It was 108° and gorgeous for Arizona. The course is in great condition for this time of year. The greens are super. Some of the fringe around the greens are dirt. The rough is perfect length for deciding a skillful shot. Although it's an executive, it's not a walk in the park. Hole 5 is a par 3 that has an immediate guard placed in front of the pin. Hole 16 is similarly guarded.
The water hazards are in play and can rattle the light hearted golfer. The par 4's (I believe there are 6) are nicely designed and give you a chance to redeem your score if you're hurting. I love this course because it's simple, challenging, and its beautiful.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Thank you so much for the great review! We are always very excited to hear people loved the course! Thank you for taking the time to write and let people know you had a great time!

We hope to see you again soon!

Great Condition and Quick Round

This course has some of the best greens I've found in this summer anywhere. They are very receptive and roll true. Fairways are in good shape and so are the tees. Overall their conditions are the best I've played in the Chandler area (including some of the bigger name courses priced twice as much). Plus, we played in three hours on a holiday - can't beat that! Staff was super friendly.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Thank you! It is always great to hear that our guests enjoyed their round and felt it warranted a review!

Glad you enjoyed the facility and we hope to have you back again soon!

Great value

This course is perfect for me (the occasional golfer), as it's very novice friendly. It had some standing water and some bare spots, but otherwise, the course was great. I'll be back.

From 8/9/19 previously reviewed

I reviewed this previously, but I have had a few comments and also people saying my review is "unhelpful"

I did not make anything up and the conditions were awful. I hope to see it get back into shape, but I will hesitate going back after what I played on last month. The pictures show numerous problems and I cannot post more of them.

Terrible condition

The fringe on numerous holes was sand, there wasn’t a fairway that I hit that I didn’t need to play it up, numerous green side bunkers were full of water and the greens were bumpy and slow. Me and a friend were signed up for a Wednesday night league and canceled after playing Friday. I hope they can get it back in shape when it cools down. I tried to post pictures here, but couldn’t get it to work.

Commented on 09/04/2019

I have pictures from that day. It is a shame that people seem to disagree with my review and I cannot figure out how to add pictures. I don't give negative reviews often, but the conditions were bad enough to cancel my league there that I was looking forward to playing.

Commented on 09/04/2019

We were very sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the facility. We have been working tirelessly after a tough summer, to get the course back in good condition. The monsoons help a lot and the reviews lately have been nothing short of awesome!

Hope you decide to give it another try in the future!

Commented on 08/19/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We have projects ongoing to and the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Springfield Golf Resort. We hope to see you again soon.

Fun little course

Love this course yup can use every club in your bag,!

Continuous Improvements

I have been playing Springfield weekly for over three months. The team is making continuous improvements to the course. The fairways have grown in nicely with the Summer grass, the greens were punched back in June and grew back well, some greens are being expanded and tee boxes are being leveled and sodded.
This all makes for an enjoyable round of golf. When you come to Springfield, you can really hone in your short game and go pin seeking.
The team at Springfield is the best in the business. They listen to the customer and they are interested in growing the game of golf.

Thanks Bob!

It's been a long summer, but the course has been cooperative for the most part!

The new tee boxes were definitely a priority and we know it will make a huge difference in the future.

As always, we love having you and are happy to hear the rest of the staff is treating everyone well too!

See you soon! Thanks.