Continental Country Club

Scorecard for Continental Country Club
White M: 68.0/123 W: 73.6/144 310 302 440 168 462 310 340 190 501 3023 337 338 394 140 461 158 318 332 513 2991 6014
Red W: 69.0/135 282 268 408 140 438 300 295 156 440 2727 312 322 330 115 410 142 304 245 473 2653 5380

Year Built 1960
Fairways Alaska Bluegrass
Architect Bob E. Baldock

Dress code Collared shirt, no cutoffs, denim ok.

No Ranger

Given that it''s the only public course in Flagstaff, it gets busy. We waited for carts for our late round and never saw a ranger. There was a threesome in front of us hacking away that refused to let us play through. The course itself is in great shape with a good layout (back nine layout is far more impressive than front). It plays very short with a handful of boring holes. It is a great course to play if in the area but not one you make a trip up north for like one would for Sedona, Williams, etc.

A Good Choice in Flagstaff

Wife and I played here on a Friday morning. Good pace of play (4 hours). The course was in great shape! The greens were brutally fast (starter told us the club championship was the day before and this is not the normal speed). Pretty track with some holes in the flat open valley and most in the trees. Challenging layout. Not terribly long, but interesting. Only two complaints: 1. The range is not at the course. It is a few blocks down the street and you can't take a golf cart....you have to get back in your car and drive. If you like to loosen up by hitting a few balls before the round, be sure to allow a bit of extra time. 2. A pet gripe of mine is being charged extra for range balls. Feels like I'm being nickel and dimed. Just build it into the green fee....please. Highly recommend this course if in the Flagstaff area.

Most Overpriced Golf Course in AZ

Take a look at their website right now for current rates. Absolutely overpriced. Guess they can get away with this since it's the only course in Flagstaff that is open to the public. A very uninviting atmosphere in the pro shop (Ed is great, though). Front nine is rather short, and the wind on the tee box on #8 would get play suspended at St. Andrews. Father-in law owns a golf course with a great track back east, so am familiar with the challenges of running a well-respected establishment--Continental exhibits no interest in catering to them. For example, the geese are so rampant on greens and fairway at 2, 6, 7, 8, and tees for 3, 7, and 9 that it is almost impossible to hit a shot that doesn't roll over goose droppings. A few decoys could be placed in the water to distract geese from course, and would be an inexpensive solution, but no interest from this overpriced course.The GolfNow site also lists a driving range. The driving range is not within walking distance; you must drive out of the neighborhood and across a thoroughfare that is large enough to warrant an exit on I-40. If you're leaving the pro shop to drive to the range, just keep going, get back on I-40 westbound and drive 30 miles to Williams and the Elephant Rocks Golf Course. I'll see you there.

Poor weather

Chilly in November

This course is at 7000 ft in elevation making for some cooler temperatures. I'd like to play again when the temperature is more comfortable. It was in the low 40's when we played. We saw lots of deer and geese.

Great Fall day of golf

Great Fall day of golf! Course was in great shape and always enjoy the facilities! Great golf-food-drink! Migrating geese were on holes near ponds - very cool - use to us golfers! Recommend this course to all!

A Jewel

Very enjoyable course, fairways & greens were in excellent shape. Grounds keepers were polite & friendly. The cart guy (Nathan) was especially wonderful! The day was ideal weather wise. We saw multiple rainbows & I especially liked the elevation changes- not a boring flat course. Continental could use a few less geese- there everywhere & when their not they leave evidence of their past presence!

CCC

Staff in pro shop were not friendly and actually a little rude when we told them our reservation was made thru golf now. NO on course services such as starter, ranger or drink cart

great day

This course was one of my favorite that I have played

perfect challenge

Great course. Very well kept. Challenging holes and great scenery. Love this course

Great Track

The course was in great shape and our group really enjoyed ourselves out there. The Greens were super fast and the rough was thick so it gave a good little challenge.. Stay below the hole and you will do just fine..

This was my first time playing this course as I am an out of town visitor. Course is short but in very good condition. Loved the bent grass greens. The pace of play was very slow. A few twosomes with very poor or novice players on front slowing down play. As many as 4 groups waiting on tee boxes. Needs some marshals to improve pace of play.

continental golf course

I like the course but then again i only live a mile from the course so its easy for me.

Good condition

I have played this course quite a bit and it is in excellent condition. It is a very short course with a few of the par 4's able to reach in 1, but the course was in excellent condition. They had some issues this year with prices around $79 for 18 and have wised up and decreased the price down to a more realistic $30-40. If they keep prices around that, expect them to stay busy.

Great views-short but challenging

Short by modern standards but the tight uphill undulating fairways make for some difficult lies and accurate club selection. The first cut is long, so if you miss the fairway you'll need to play one to two clubs longer. The greens were firm, even with all the rain, and seemed to roll a bit fast with interesting break. The course was in excellent condition. The only downside that was a real bother is that most of the tee boxes are crowned - so difficult to find even ground to tee with out the ball being above or below your feet.

A fun public course, but no frills

Whenever in Northern Arizona, my wife and I enjoy golfing at Continental Country Club in Flagstaff. We were staying in Sedona but decided to take the 45 minute drive to golf in cooler weather. I got a smoking deal with Golfnow ($18 for a tee time special), so no complaints about the price. Check-in was quick and painless, but there was nobody to take your clubs as you arrived or to clean them when you left. There was no beverage cart on the course, but you could always get refreshments at the bar when you made the turn. The course was in nice shape and they had us begin our round on #10. There are some wonderful undulating fairways and some lovely elevated tee boxes. I like playing from the men's forward tees and shot a round of 81 (great for me). I appreciate that they have multiple tees for different skill levels. I will happily return, but I hope that they read these reviews so that they can improve their customer service.

Short, but interesting

The course is short, but demands straight tee shots on most holes. Greens and fairways were good. Range balls were $13 (nuts). Very scenic. Lousy cart service.

Slow overpriced golf

I was not happy with my experience here. Staff in the pro shop are not friendly. Pace of play was terrible and they don't seem to care. Pin locations are terrible and never seem to move. If you don't book this course on golf now for anything under 20$ it's not worth it.

Much better than expected

I read some of the reviews and was a little worried about the price, course conditions and the course itself. I was more than satisfied. The greens were excellent; they had good speed and rolled true. The fairways were the perfect length and the rough was tough, but fair. Very pleased with the round and will likely play it regularly when I visit flagstaff next summer.

Fair course, but very overpriced

Great staff, great bar/grill at the clubhouse, but unfortunately the course is extremely overpriced for its quality. It's a fine course, but with no bent grass and only 6000 yds from the tips, it's certainly not worth the money charged to play.

Love these greens!

I loved the greens at Continental, even though I didn't putt well. The putting surfaces were consistent, fast and very true. The course was in great shape and a nice change from the desert courses I typically play in Phoenix. The track was also very interesting and had many memorable holes. I truly enjoyed it.

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019