Southern Ridge Golf Club

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Copper 72 6406 yards 68.9 116
Silver (W) 72 5762 yards 71.9 114
Red (W) 72 5469 yards N/A N/A

Southern Ridge Golf Club, formerly known as Bougainvillea Golf Club, offers some of the most stunning views anywhere in the valley. The South and Estrella Mountains provide a dramatic backdrop to the golf course. Southern Ridge is known for more than its views though, it has a unique layout that combines six par 3s, par 4s, and par 5s. The championship course plays to 6,751 yards. It offers a good amount of length for long hitters but it is still player-friendly enough for beginners thanks to generous fairways and large, undulating greens. Although the fairways are wide, don't be lulled into a sense of security. They are flanked with more than 50 strategically placed bunkers. There are enough challenges for an interesting round but it's not an overly difficult golf course.

"Rough track"

bpatrick999's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/08/2018

Whole facility is rough. Very little watering of anything course or clubhouse area. Lacked much in grounds maintenance of any kind as well. Very disorganized. Didn't have enough carts to keep up with player tee times, so inconvenient. Marking of holes and paths to them was very poor. Course itself was not memorable. Few trees, bushes or other natural hazards except hard dirt. No specific holes and very little grass. Price was very cheap for length and 18 with cart, but you get what you don't pay for.

ironhead105's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/18/2018

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/20/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review! We are glad to see that you had a good time with us the other day. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a rating, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Long course, great for long drives"

Falcon1976's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/18/2018

I have played here before. Course is not in the best of shape but I think for what they charge it is worth it. I will return

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/20/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review! We are glad to hear that you found our course good value for your money. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

"A very nice course"

danielwiggins's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/14/2018
Previously played Used cart Cold weather

I have heard from others that the greens are poor- not my experience at all. I would rate them an 8 out of 10.

Fairways a bit thin here and there, but that seems to be most courses right now.

This course is a bit rough around the edges (lots of bare dirt vs desert rocks), but the layout is pretty cool with the 6 par 5's,par 3's and 4's

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/20/2018:

Hello Daniel, thank you for the four stars! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our course layout and found it to be in pretty decent shape. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

shanet45's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/12/2018

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/15/2018:

Hello Shanet, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that you found our course in bad shape. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that you will give us another shot in the future.

ktg7xx's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/11/2018

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/15/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are happy to see that you enjoyed our course layout and had an overall good time out there. We appreciate you stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

u000005741976's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/25/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/15/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review! We are thrilled to hear that you found our course good value for your money and that you enjoyed the overall layout. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Needs Ball Washers"

bscate's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/07/2018

The tee boxes, fairways and greens were not great but in OK condition. If you got out of the fairway it was dirt, sand and gravel. We just moved the ball back to the grass. There were very few ball washers (I can recall only using 1). I'd advise taking a wet rag to clean off your ball.

I had a good time and thought it was a great value for the price. I'll probably come back.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/09/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are sorry to hear that you did not find our course in great shape and that there was a lack of ball washers available, but we are happy that you had an enjoyable round of golf out there! We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

"No play"

threeputtsuck's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/02/2018

Didn't even play! Arrived at check in. Large number of groups in front of us. NO CARTS AVAILABLE!!! Told that when they become available, we'll get you out there. Sad.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/08/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with us the other day. We did have some issues with the carts, so we apologize that this affected your overall experience. We hope that you will give us another chance soon.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/05/2018

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/08/2018:

Hello Garrick, thank you for taking the time to leave us a rating. We are sorry to see that you did not have a pleasant time with us the other day, but we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

"Good Value."

johnyonan's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/05/2018

In decent shape. Would not take much to make this course better. Need more ball washers. Empty drinking water stations. A lot of puddles from bad drainage or over watering. The snack bar is a disappointment. Still a good golf value though.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/09/2018:

Hello John, thank you for the three-star review. We are glad to hear that you found our course good value for your money and that you found it in decent shape. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

"dont play here"

u000005881979's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/02/2018
Previously played Used cart

We had a t-time for 2:20, but when we got there, there was a group of at least 20 people waiting for carts ahead of us. The lady in the pro shop could not have cared less that we had a t-time and told us we would have to wait until carts came in and then those 20 people got on the course. By then it would have been too late to even get in 5 holes of golf so we left. We were out our fees but did not pay for golf at least. Terrible attitude by staff and course conditions looked terrible.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/08/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience on your last visit the other day. We did have an issue with our carts, so we apologize that it contributed to a bad experience. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that you will give us another try in the future.

topher23's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/04/2018

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/08/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your time out on our course, but we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Ronald9644677's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/03/2018

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/08/2018:

Hello Ronald, thank you for the four stars! We are glad to see that you enjoyed our course layout and experienced a satisfactory pace of play. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a rating, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Awful"

carewja's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/03/2018

Do not waste your time. This course was horrendous. I would never play this course again. I play at least 50 rounds a year and have never written a bad review until today. I felt I had to let fellow golfers know not to waste their time or money to play a course this bad. I feel bad writing this but it is the truth.

There were no golf carts, so had to wait and clean out my own cart so I could get to the first tee and find a disgusting course. 5 gallon paint buckets next to tee boxes Idk what they were for? No rough, it was just dirt.

Just an awful course.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/08/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that you had a subpar experience with us the other day. To answer your questions and concerns: we do have issues with our carts sometimes, so we apologize that this affected your quality of play and the paint buckets you are referring to are water buckers with golf towels in there. We hope that this helps clear any confusion, and we hope that you will give us another try next time.

"good enough"

BIGJIMGOLF777's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/30/2018

I like playing Southern Ridge - staff friendly, good layout (6,6,6), good bunkers. Like many courses it could use some tlc on turf care.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/08/2018:

Hello Jim, thank you for the three-star review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our course layout and found our staff friendly. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ron6448189's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/01/2018

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/08/2018:

Hello Ron, thank you for the four stars! We are glad to see that you experienced a satisfactory pace of play and had an overall enjoyable experience. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

fdebow18's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/30/2018

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/01/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We hope that you had a good experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a rating and we hope to see you again in the near future.

"Needs help"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/30/2018

The course needs a lot of work done to it.Fairways all beat up greens in rough shape .golf carts need to be updated.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/01/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you found our course in poor shape. Your thoughts are important to us, and we hope to earn your business back in the future.

"Terrible Course"

tnlfeutz's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/27/2018

THis course is in terrible condition and obviously no one cares. When I got there(noon) the pro shop was locked. You had to check in with the restaurant(nice guy). Looks like it's ready to be dug up and houses planted. Too bad. it used to be a really nice place. I played 6 holes and quit, because the course is in awful shape.

Response from Southern Ridge Golf Club on 02/01/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that when you arrived our pro shop was locked. Your feedback is important to us and we have passed this on to upper management. We hope to earn your business back in the future.