Villa de Paz Golf Course

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

Caddies: No
GPS: No

Dress code: No tank tops or cutoffs.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Back 72 6641 yards 70.1 123
Middle 72 6181 yards 67.9 117
Champ (W) 72 6146 yards 73.3 125
Senior 72 5558 yards 65.6 109
Forward (W) 72 5458 yards 69.5 115

Editor's Note: Course closed for business in Apr 2018.

Villa de Paz Golf Course was voted the top affordable 18-hole course in the Valley of the Sun, according to the Arizona Republic. The parkland course challenges top golfers, though it's not so difficult that beginners will wish they'd golfed elsewhere. After a 2002 remodel, the par-71 course measures 6,700 yards and offers water on 10 holes. If Phoenix in summertime intimidates, fear not: at Villa de Paz Golf Course, shade abounds, due to mature trees lining several fairways. Shoot for birdies or eagles, do so, but wisely. Reward has risk. Shooting sharply is especially required on holes like the fourth, a par-4 450-yarder with a severe right dogleg. Hitters dig the seventh, eighth and 15th, par 4s that can be nailed from the tee. The 18th mixes distance and skill. The par-4 470-yarder doglegs right and requires a carry over a lake to reach the three-tiered green. Fancy a warm-up before the Villa de Paz Golf Course? Use the handy practice area, with its range, two-tiered hitting zones and highlighted target areas at different yardages so you can check your length -- and the wind.

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals seniors beginners   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks watching the game 19th hole specials

1mmmejia's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2018

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/30/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are glad that you enjoyed our course and found it challenging. We appreciate you playing at Villa de Paz Golf Club.

"Dissapointed"

Thunderbox's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This course is an older one which has been under maintained. There are many many areas where there is no grass and the greens were dry and burnt. T off boxes were also in bad condition. There are dead trees that need to be removed and many areas that are strewn with leaves making it hard to find balls. The course layout is good but unfortunately the facility is in a downward spiral of poor maintenance. We will not be golfing there again and we recommend that the course be avoided. There are so many courses that cost the same but are in excellent shape the value for the money is poor. The high point was the restaurant that had great homemade burgers and hot dogs for 1.50 and 1.00 respectively.

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/26/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you found our course in poor shape. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to earn your business again in the future.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2018

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are glad to see that you enjoyed our course layout and found it good value for your money. We appreciate you stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Friendly and Inexpensive but Needs Work"

u3194080's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

People were nice and the lunch was very inexpensive as was the golf, however, the course needs attention. A lot of dirt patches and the greens were not in great shape.

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/30/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback regarding your experience. We are sorry that you found our course in poor shape, but we hope that you were still able to enjoy your round.

1mmmejia's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2018

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/23/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are glad to hear that you had a great time out there and found our staff friendly. We hope to see you again soon!

"Don t waste your money"

zach9168344's avatar
Age:  Under 25

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2018

Course is in pretty bad shape mostly dirt hardly any grass bunkers are like concrete. I was disappointed with the course conditions seems like no one takes care of the course so many other places with the same prices that have way better course conditions

So I recommend not playing here.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/19/2018:

Hello Zach, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that you found our course in substandard condition. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again in the future.

"The roughest"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2018

This was the worst shape course I have ever played and I have played some rough courses. Most of the fairways were dirt and mud. Only a few of the greens were in decent condition.

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/19/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that you found our course in bad shape. Your feedback is important to us!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2018

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/17/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We are glad to hear that you had a fun experience with us the other day. Thanks for visiting, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

uPIMQ6020PI's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2018

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/11/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are happy to hear that you found our course good value for your money. We appreciate you stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Poor shape & Slow pace"

Bryan4522521's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018

Course conditions were poor other than the greens. The fairways are half dirt and half grass. The pace of play was the worst I’ve experienced. Other than the staff that was nice to deal with, everything else was below average.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/11/2018:

Hello Bryan, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback regarding your recent experience. We are sorry to hear that you found our course in poor shape and that there was slow pace of play. We are glad that you had a pleasant experience with our staff, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

mnfrench63's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/10/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are happy to see that you had an enjoyable golfing experience with us the other day. We appreciate you stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"value golf"

nickcharles1947's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018

Round was ok, but course was in rough shape open irrigation lines, and rock hard traps, Too many bare patch for the time of year.

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/10/2018:

Hello Nick and Charles, thank you for the three-star review. We are sorry to hear that you found our course in poor shape. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Great layout but slow"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/07/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The pace of play is very slow especially in the front nine due to the par 5 being back to back. The players are waiting hoping they could hit further then their eyes could see.

This course has great layout and challenging.

The fairways needs some work.

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/10/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are sorry to hear that the pace of play was slow, but we are glad that you enjoyed our course layout. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/09/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad to hear that you had a good time out there! Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Good value"

Cornrod's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2018

I am just starting to play golf, so my comments are based onI that. Staff is very friendly. Course is a little tired is how I would describe it. If you are looking for a good value and non-resort golf course you will enjoy it.

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/09/2018:

Hello, thank you for the three-star review. We are happy to hear that you started playing golf! We are glad that you had a pleasant experience with our staff and that you found it good value for your money. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Needs a lot of attention"

louiselissoway's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2018

We have played this course several times and found it to be in its worse shape this time. Played as a twosome so expected that it would be slow. We were not told there was a tournament underway. One group let us through at the turn then caught up to next group who told us about the tournament. The fairways are very dry. Edges and off fairways look awful. The greens were super slow. There was a refreshment cart and the girl was super nice. There were some kids playing behind one of the greens, climbing a tree. Course is in between houses and backyards are not very nice to look at either.

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/09/2018:

Hello Louise, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback regarding your recent experience. We are sorry to hear that you found our course in bad shape. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again in the future.

"A few interesting holes"

jessebenish's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2018

Not bad for the price. A few too many geese reminders

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/09/2018:

Hello Jesse, thank you for the three-star review. We are glad to hear that you found our course good value for your money. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

Andytda's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2018

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/05/2018:

Hello Andy, thank you for the four stars! We are glad to see that you had a pleasant experience with us the other day. We appreciate you stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

mnfrench63's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2018

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/05/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are glad to see that you found our course enjoyable. Thanks for stopping by, and we hope to see you again soon.

"First time"

emerson5793253's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/27/2018

Well being my first time there and booking online it was really sucky. First my tee time was at 1:5opm and there was a tournament going on at 2pm. So stuck in traffic not knowing how long it would take me to get there. To make the story short I got there 10 min late. So we started playing the back 9 while the tournament played the front 9. By the time I got around the front I was waiting at the tee for maybe 18 min each hole. Their were probably 3 foursome and 2 other players in front of us. So I decided to call the front end to see if I could maybe come play the front 9 another day or maybe pay less next time. Wasn't asking for money back at all. The gentleman that answere was not professional at all and repeatedly said well your were late and that I should of been there on time. We ended up leaving my friend and i, so I won't probably come back to this course again.

Response from Villa de Paz Golf Club on 04/03/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience when you arrived late. It seems that timing between your late arrival and the tournament made the experience less enjoyable. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that you will have a better experience next time around.