2.4
2.2
2.4
2.6

Style Traditional/Executive

Coronado Golf Course is as excellent place for golfers to work on their short game and it is also great for beginners. The course is relatively flat making it pleasantly walkable. The greens are large and the fairways are lined with trees, but still have generous landing areas. The holes are quite challenging with water hazards and bunkers coming into play. The relaxed atmosphere and affordability of the course have made it popular among locals, yet the course is still surprisingly not crowded most of the time. Coronado Golf Course has convenient practice facilities, including a lighted driving range that stays open until 9 every night.

Coronado Golf Course

Year Built 1966
Architect Milton Coggins (1966) Jeff Hardin (1966) Greg Nash (1966) Jack Snyder (1966)

Credit Cards Accepted No

Snacks

9-Hole Rounds 25

rough but getting upgraded?

the green was very rough - there’s only a portaJohn on the grounds - unless you’re in a cart - then drive back to the shop for restrooms. there was a pack of coyotes at hole 8; they didnt bother us. the driving range is within holes 5 & 8 so HEADS UP!! -but priced right for the money.

Great for beginners

Getting back into the swing of things, decided to give this course a try. I will say, it is great for beginners as the holes aren’t very long, I also enjoyed the fast pace tempo and moving on to the next hole quickly. Greens were patchy in places and some of the cart path was flooded but overall the course could be in worse shape. It would be really useful if there was directional signage as well as signs at each hole which show a map, distance, and which hole you are on. Despite the flaws, if you enjoy golf, want to shake the dust off and or just want to get a quick round in, I highly recommend this course. Also very economical, and the people working in the clubhouse are very friendly and helpful.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Great Beginner Course

Had a great time playing 9 holes with my 14 year old. The course layout helps keep a quick pace. This is a great beginner course, or a if you just want to play a quick 9 holes! We will be back!

Please Follow COVID Guidelines

I'm very disappointed as to the standards you are lacking in this time of pandemic. Please follow COVID guidelines and please allow players to travel as singles in a golf course. It's not crowded. You can spare the carts for sake of health!!!! Wipe down carts continuously with disinfectant. Require masks and make sure those who want to distance from their fellow players are able to do so in the carts. It's simple and safer for our community.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hello, thanks you for taking the time to review your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive for as we aim to provide a 5-star experience every time. We are doing are best to work in compliance with the current restrictions and maintaining proper social distancing, as we try to do everything we can to keep our golfers safe and in good health. We hope that you understand these restrictions and that you will give us another chance to play Coronado Golf Course in the future. That being said, please reach out to our team in the pro shop for further resolution in this matter.

Had fun, Not Covid Compliant

First time on this course and chose it because I was with my kids who are beginning golfers. We had fun although I was surprised that there weren't the normal Covid protections found at all the other course I played in the valley....weren't allowed to rent a cart as a single, only took cash (most prefer touchless transactions like credit cards), rakes were on the course and in the traps,. cups weren't protected using foam plugs, etc. We played it like the protections were there but were surprised the course didn't make any effort.

All in all a fun time but I won't be back unless the course takes protecting it's clientele more seriously.

Commented on 06/23/2020

Hi Mike, thank you for taking the time to review your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your round as this is by no means the standard we strive for as we aim to provide a 5-star experience every time. Please know that we are doing our best to work in compliance with the current restrictions and maintaining proper social distancing. Our golfers health and safety is always our upmost priority. We hope that you will give us another chance to play Coronado Golf Course in the future.

Coronado/Scottsdale, AZ

This was my first time at this course, and I was w/ friend who had been here several times.This was just a simple course to get out and swing the clubs which we loved. The greens were in horrible shape and the sand traps had weeds & grass growing in them. This is a city run course so I wasn't expecting much, especially with all that is going on lately. As bad as this sounds, I will go back as the staff is great and it was nice to play an easy course as I had not been out golfing for several months.

Commented on 06/10/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is extremely important to us. Please know that we are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Coronado Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Neighborhood Course

This is a nice neighborhood course that allows you to walk even before COVID-19. I discovered it when I moved to the Valley over 25 years ago.. Perfect for the beginner golfer, one looking to focus on technique or just gettint out and moving.
Is it a well kept as others - no but I consider it a neighborhood gem.

cart paths could use maintenance -

Very Pleasant shop person (owner?).
Can't complain about the price
Cart was dirty

Great ROI

For the cost, this place is great! I took my daughter out, and we had a great time. It’s a decently kept, public executive course. I think if your expectations are in line, you’ll see this as a great value. Wide open, greens ran fine, had fun. Cheap, fun golf!

Coronado quick round

I would recommend depending on the skills of the friend. Three holes on the course were flooded and were not playable, but I was able to play the other six holes twice. It is a decent place to practice mid to short game. There are no holes that need a driver off the tee. There is absolutely no signage on the course, making it difficult for someone unfamiliar with the course.
The staff was friendly.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Coronado Golf Course.

Price = Reality

You get what you pay for here. Good to swing the sticks. Nothing special. Wouldn’t play here again. But it was exactly what you’d expect for $15. Don’t be fooled - but don’t expect some diamond in the rough. Good value for the cheap price. (Go early - pace slows the later it gets) 9:40 tee off. Done at 11:50.

Commented on 03/05/2020

Hello, cwatson329. Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Coronado Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

No frills

Good place to warm up/practice on driving range or play 9 holes of no frills golf using most of the clubs in your bag . Great for beginners and casual golfers. Walking and riding available. Not long. When play is slow can take 2 hours to play. Usually less than 1.5 hours.

Commented on 03/05/2020

Hi Brad. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Coronado Golf Course.

Friendly and fun

Great staff. Fun course. Grass growth minimal on the fairways. Sand traps NOT maintained.

Commented on 03/05/2020

Hi u138001595! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

This is a very simple course but great for beginners

Having played the pristine courses this is the very opposite but its fine and for me it was fast and fun.

Commented on 01/27/2020

Hi LenDolgoy! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Nice 9 hole Executive Course

Great 9 hole executive course to hone your iron game. The greens were in nice shape. The bunkers needed to be raked. Three of the four par 4 fairways were very good. The course has a very good driving range. It's the perfect course for the beginner golfer or the average golfer looking to play a fast 9 holes.

Commented on 01/21/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Phoenix, Arizona
Phoenix, Arizona
Tempe, Arizona
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Mesa, Arizona

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020
Book a 3 night stay & play package at Indian Wells Golf Resort, and receive your 4th night free! Experience the best of Southern California with a custom experience at Indian Wells.