Style Links

This beautiful facility is located on 270 pristine acres at the North end of the Grand Strand. Blessed with a unique topography and large mature trees, the course meanders down to the inter-coastal waterway with scenic vistas to distract you at every turn.

This 6900 yard Clyde Johnston design is owned and managed by the same group that developed the fabled Heather Glen links and the service you have grown to expect from this organization is evident the moment you drive up to the clubhouse. Give this course a try the next time you vist the Myrtle Beach area. You won't be disappointed!

Glen Dornoch

Year Built 1997
Greens Champion Ultradwarf Bermuda Grass
Architect Clyde Johnston (1997) Brad Bartell (1997)

Bar

Fun course, need your A game

Great layout. Green complexes were very interesting and seemed to be modeled on classic Scottish links. Many, many forced carries. Conditions were wet and cart path only when we played. Greens appeared to be in good condition, however they were very slow. Friendly and helpful staff.

Some great views. Decent condition

The course has some great water views. The conditions were fair. The greens were very slow and inconsistent. The layout and design are very good. The staff is very friendly. I would not pay more than $50 to play.

Golf trip

Always love the layout of this course. Holes 16, 17, and 18 some of the toughest finishing holes in the Myrtle Beach area.

very disturbing round of golf

Tee boxes were in poor shape, Fairways in some places were very bare. I have played this course afew times each year over the last few years. Played yesterday and had the worst golf experience I have had. It apeared there was a group from out of town who felt they owned the course. Loud shouting, lots of drinking and carts with boomboxes blaring away. Five and a half hour round while the group in front contined to drink and were taking numerous mulligans since the could no longer hit the ball. I called the clubhouse during the round and it didn"t appear that they did anything about it. We will not be back.

Vista Views

Demanding and beautiful golf course and a must play for anyone who loves target golf, over looking the water way. Course was in terrific shape with green grass and smooth rolling greens. Staff super friendly and pace of play was terrific. After the round sit on the porch of the clubhouse with a cold refresher and overlooking the double green of 9 & 18 and the intercoastal water way!

Greens

Love the layout, love the views, but if you can’t stop a wedge (on I-95) on the green from the fairway the greens and the course suck. Not the first time this has happened, not fun, not rewarding a good shot..

Stay away

Dont play
First after taking a cart to the range one of the starters decided to chase me down and start YELLING LOUDLY at me on the range that its not allowed. Really could have just said something quietly. There was a parking pad there and I have done this at 99% of the courses I play. Most importantly the GREENS ARE A JOKE... 95% PAINTED DIRT (GREEN) AND 5% GRASS. Stay away for now.

Poor Greens

Played 36 holes as part of a golf package. Course condition was very good with the exception of their greens. The worst greens we played on all week by a country mile. Pace of play was excellent and we enjoyed the course layout. Too bad about their greens - I would not recommend to others because of their poor conditions.

Philly Advisor

over hyped?

Enjoyed the course but a tough mix of average and very hard holes. Nine and 18 on the Intra Coastal Waterway pretty and tough. Course conditions were behind other courses we played in the area that week.

Needed discount

There is winter kill on greens and then there is almost completely dead greens at Glen Dornoch. Cost was $55 and should be less with how bad the greens were. Didn’t hear about the greens until arrived at the pro shop. Tee boxes and fairways were fine. Layout is beautiful and got some great pics. Got paired up with 2 so called regulars and they were @$$hats. Was appologized to by staff for their behavior. Finished the second 9 by myself. Also was told I could play off the first tee and was sent off of 10. Didn’t like this one bit as back 9 is more scenic than the front. Overall good layout but probably will not be back anytime soon to play.

Commented on 08/07/2018

Love the views. Place was in terrible shape when we played it. So bad, they gave each of us a free pass to come play it again: then wouldn’t honor the free passes.

Great shape!!

Came down for golf trip 5/3 thru 5/5 heard about all the courses with bad greens this year, but got recommended to play here. Was extremely pleased course in great shape. Better than first time i played couple years ago. The greens look fantastic, putt a little slower than they look but roll beautiful. Cant say enough good things about glen dornach fun course in great shape and about 6 holes with unbelievable beautiful views. I love this course. Definitely best of 3 we played also played shaftsbury glenn great shape also, and world tour good shape too. I was really worried coming down this year hearing about all the trouble with some courses greens but know worries here. The staff was very friendly also. Cant wait to get back

Commented on 08/07/2018

Man, I don’t know when you played it but when we did it was horrible

Maryland Advisor

Very Challenging...But Beautiful Scenery

I have played this course several times and really love it. It is a challenging course, with lots of marsh, undulating fairways, narrow approaches, and plenty of bunkers. And, the greens are really fair. Unfortunately, Myrtle Beach had almost 24 hours of rain the day and night before, so it was cart path only (to be expected) and casual water without finding a dry area for relief. It certainly made a difficult course more difficult and challenging. I have to say that I do not like #16, especially when it's so wet. If you've never played the course, drive up and take a look before you just grip it and rip it! There's trouble everywhere. But, while you're on #16, #17 and #18, take a minute to enjoy the scenery--gorgeous!

A pathetic excuse of its former glory

STAY AWAY!!! This has been my absolute favorite course on the grand strand since I was a kid but the lack of customer service and way I was handled has left me beside myself. My wife, father, close friend and myself all became card holders for the course. They closed the course for the summer and refuse to refund us for the cards we never got to use after agreeing to refund them prior to. It’s a shame that the current management team will be the reason that once great course closes permanently. The other two courses Possum Trot (dog track) and Shaftesbury Glenn ( mucky swamp land) aren’t worth the time or card. I’m a marine and conduct myself accordingly and cannot stand when a business or otherwise fail to uphold a standard.

If I could give 0 Stars, I would.

Condition not as good as ussual.

Course has a great layout, every hole has its own character. Last three holes are very challenging.
Condition of the greens were not in their usual good form. They had lots of brown spots and were a little bumpy. Fairways were over seeded, which is expected this time of year.
Overall, I would recommend. Looking forward to better green conditions in the Spring.

Pleasant but not remarkable

Course very well maintained. No complaints. Very generous fairways. Nice greens, tees and fairways.

Layout can be challenging. No surprises. 16, 17, 18 a bit quirky. Par 3 requires a shot over a tree in fron of tee, 17 requires very long 2nd (180+) with little to no landing area and small green (assuming you drive it to the end of the fairway.

Played it last year also. My group says no more. We have been coming to Myrtle for 25+ years.

Won't be back

Third time playing this course and I'm done. Thank God we played because of rain checks because if I had paid again would have been worse. 3rd hole is a temp green while the original one recovers or the did takes and that's fine no issues with that. Tee boxes on certain holes were a mess and felt like a municipal course. We were told the greens were aerated and coming back nicely. No big deal I played Grand Dunes day prior and same expectations, Sandy and fast. Nope..... more like no sand, burnt out, deceased and dead in other areas and slooooowwwww.. I've been here a week and had 1 passing shower that wasn't long or bad so how is it that the fairways are muddy and soaked with plugged balls everywhere especially 18. Staff was nice but didn't understand why they would put 2 twosomes behind 2 foursomes. Either pair them up or send them out first. I rather wait an extra 10 minutes before teeing off then be pushed every hole by twosomes not wanting to pair up and they couldn't play thru because was all foursomes ahead of us. Save your money and play somewhere else

Commented on 08/07/2018

You played this course a month before we did last year at the World Am....it was horrible. The greens had an inch of grass on them. It was like we were playing croquet out there. Will never go back.

Wonderful Facility...

I will take exception to the reviewers who would not recommend this course due to the greens.Yeah, the greens are rough but the design and shaping of the holes was great! The 9th and the 18th along the waterway was cool. The par 3-17th which was a great challenge into a bit of a breeze....I have no idea how an earlier reviewer could call this course gimmicky....if you want simple design and no need to think-play miniature
golf!! The shots I got to hit and the views I got to see-it was well worth it for greens that need some time to heal.Play it!!

Greens Need Help!

The course was a little gimmicky but overall it was ok. The course conditions weren't terrible for July but nothing great either.

But the problem was the greens. #3 was a temp. green and it was as bad as the rest. The greens varied greatly from hole to hole so putting consistency and feel were not an option. Plainly put - the greeen conditions were just awful. Don't go. Give them a year and try back next year, maybe they can figure them out.

Recommend not playing!