2.3
2.3

Style Links

This beautiful facility is located on 270 pristine acres at the North end of the Grand Strand. Blessed with a unique topography and large mature trees, the course meanders down to the inter-coastal waterway with scenic vistas to distract you at every turn.

This 6900 yard Clyde Johnston design is owned and managed by the same group that developed the fabled Heather Glen links and the service you have grown to expect from this organization is evident the moment you drive up to the clubhouse. Give this course a try the next time you vist the Myrtle Beach area. You won't be disappointed!

Scorecard for Glen Dornoch
Black M: 73.4/141 333 410 300 168 590 410 192 570 460 3433 535 386 350 525 183 380 431 212 455 3457 6890
Blue M: 71.5/134 308 342 285 155 560 394 176 540 420 3180 508 365 335 505 161 360 413 182 427 3256 6436
White M: 70.2/127 292 335 272 137 532 352 166 512 406 3004 472 351 330 487 147 342 371 164 367 3031 6035
Gold M: 68.1/121 W: 73.9/128 263 305 255 127 515 333 150 495 387 2830 436 329 318 465 131 295 348 115 350 2787 5617
Red W: 70.6/122 246 270 225 117 497 300 130 415 314 2514 410 306 260 415 77 285 330 105 300 2488 5002

Year Built 1997
Greens Champion Ultradwarf Bermuda Grass
Architect Clyde Johnston (1997) Brad Bartell (1997)

Stay away

Dont play
First after taking a cart to the range one of the starters decided to chase me down and start YELLING LOUDLY at me on the range that its not allowed. Really could have just said something quietly. There was a parking pad there and I have done this at 99% of the courses I play. Most importantly the GREENS ARE A JOKE... 95% PAINTED DIRT (GREEN) AND 5% GRASS. Stay away for now.

Poor Greens

Played 36 holes as part of a golf package. Course condition was very good with the exception of their greens. The worst greens we played on all week by a country mile. Pace of play was excellent and we enjoyed the course layout. Too bad about their greens - I would not recommend to others because of their poor conditions.

Philly Advisor

over hyped?

Enjoyed the course but a tough mix of average and very hard holes. Nine and 18 on the Intra Coastal Waterway pretty and tough. Course conditions were behind other courses we played in the area that week.

Needed discount

There is winter kill on greens and then there is almost completely dead greens at Glen Dornoch. Cost was $55 and should be less with how bad the greens were. Didn’t hear about the greens until arrived at the pro shop. Tee boxes and fairways were fine. Layout is beautiful and got some great pics. Got paired up with 2 so called regulars and they were @$$hats. Was appologized to by staff for their behavior. Finished the second 9 by myself. Also was told I could play off the first tee and was sent off of 10. Didn’t like this one bit as back 9 is more scenic than the front. Overall good layout but probably will not be back anytime soon to play.

Commented On 08/07/2018

Love the views. Place was in terrible shape when we played it. So bad, they gave each of us a free pass to come play it again: then wouldn’t honor the free passes.

Great shape!!

Came down for golf trip 5/3 thru 5/5 heard about all the courses with bad greens this year, but got recommended to play here. Was extremely pleased course in great shape. Better than first time i played couple years ago. The greens look fantastic, putt a little slower than they look but roll beautiful. Cant say enough good things about glen dornach fun course in great shape and about 6 holes with unbelievable beautiful views. I love this course. Definitely best of 3 we played also played shaftsbury glenn great shape also, and world tour good shape too. I was really worried coming down this year hearing about all the trouble with some courses greens but know worries here. The staff was very friendly also. Cant wait to get back

Commented On 08/07/2018

Man, I don’t know when you played it but when we did it was horrible

Very Challenging...But Beautiful Scenery

I have played this course several times and really love it. It is a challenging course, with lots of marsh, undulating fairways, narrow approaches, and plenty of bunkers. And, the greens are really fair. Unfortunately, Myrtle Beach had almost 24 hours of rain the day and night before, so it was cart path only (to be expected) and casual water without finding a dry area for relief. It certainly made a difficult course more difficult and challenging. I have to say that I do not like #16, especially when it's so wet. If you've never played the course, drive up and take a look before you just grip it and rip it! There's trouble everywhere. But, while you're on #16, #17 and #18, take a minute to enjoy the scenery--gorgeous!

A pathetic excuse of its former glory

STAY AWAY!!! This has been my absolute favorite course on the grand strand since I was a kid but the lack of customer service and way I was handled has left me beside myself. My wife, father, close friend and myself all became card holders for the course. They closed the course for the summer and refuse to refund us for the cards we never got to use after agreeing to refund them prior to. It’s a shame that the current management team will be the reason that once great course closes permanently. The other two courses Possum Trot (dog track) and Shaftesbury Glenn ( mucky swamp land) aren’t worth the time or card. I’m a marine and conduct myself accordingly and cannot stand when a business or otherwise fail to uphold a standard.

If I could give 0 Stars, I would.

Condition not as good as ussual.

Course has a great layout, every hole has its own character. Last three holes are very challenging.
Condition of the greens were not in their usual good form. They had lots of brown spots and were a little bumpy. Fairways were over seeded, which is expected this time of year.
Overall, I would recommend. Looking forward to better green conditions in the Spring.

Pleasant but not remarkable

Course very well maintained. No complaints. Very generous fairways. Nice greens, tees and fairways.

Layout can be challenging. No surprises. 16, 17, 18 a bit quirky. Par 3 requires a shot over a tree in fron of tee, 17 requires very long 2nd (180+) with little to no landing area and small green (assuming you drive it to the end of the fairway.

Played it last year also. My group says no more. We have been coming to Myrtle for 25+ years.

Won't be back

Third time playing this course and I'm done. Thank God we played because of rain checks because if I had paid again would have been worse. 3rd hole is a temp green while the original one recovers or the did takes and that's fine no issues with that. Tee boxes on certain holes were a mess and felt like a municipal course. We were told the greens were aerated and coming back nicely. No big deal I played Grand Dunes day prior and same expectations, Sandy and fast. Nope..... more like no sand, burnt out, deceased and dead in other areas and slooooowwwww.. I've been here a week and had 1 passing shower that wasn't long or bad so how is it that the fairways are muddy and soaked with plugged balls everywhere especially 18. Staff was nice but didn't understand why they would put 2 twosomes behind 2 foursomes. Either pair them up or send them out first. I rather wait an extra 10 minutes before teeing off then be pushed every hole by twosomes not wanting to pair up and they couldn't play thru because was all foursomes ahead of us. Save your money and play somewhere else

Commented On 08/07/2018

You played this course a month before we did last year at the World Am....it was horrible. The greens had an inch of grass on them. It was like we were playing croquet out there. Will never go back.

Wonderful Facility...

I will take exception to the reviewers who would not recommend this course due to the greens.Yeah, the greens are rough but the design and shaping of the holes was great! The 9th and the 18th along the waterway was cool. The par 3-17th which was a great challenge into a bit of a breeze....I have no idea how an earlier reviewer could call this course gimmicky....if you want simple design and no need to think-play miniature
golf!! The shots I got to hit and the views I got to see-it was well worth it for greens that need some time to heal.Play it!!

Greens Need Help!

The course was a little gimmicky but overall it was ok. The course conditions weren't terrible for July but nothing great either.

But the problem was the greens. #3 was a temp. green and it was as bad as the rest. The greens varied greatly from hole to hole so putting consistency and feel were not an option. Plainly put - the greeen conditions were just awful. Don't go. Give them a year and try back next year, maybe they can figure them out.

Recommend not playing!

Beautiful

Great course. The signature holes head to/ore along the waterway. They'll keep you coming back. Greens were slow, as they had been punched recently. They'll come back. Play the right set of tees. Follow the handicap guidelines on the card for a fun day.

One of the Better Grand Strand Courses

Well maintained, a little windy and the greens were somewhat slow, but course was in great shape. Cool day and winds come off Intercostal waterway, so you need to adjust. Depending upon your tee box several holes will require you to use a fairway metal or rescue, so pay attention. I've played almost 50 Grand Strand courses and it's one of the best, will play as often as I get a chance.

Bring Your Camera

Beautiful location. Eye pleasing layout. Elevations changes (for Myrtle Beach). This was a course layout along the inland waterway and every bit as beautiful as Caledonia. Can not wait to return in spring.

New Hampshire Advisor

Last 3 holes some of best in Myrtle Beach...

Interesting course. Target golf for the most part. Fairways about 2/3 green but playable. Unlike Heather Glen where ball didn't sit up where there was no green grass, the fairways here were mostly thatch and green where the ball sat up good on the thatch even when it wasn't sitting on green. Greens had some issues where overseeding didn't come in well, but putted fine. Running about an 8.5 on stimp. I'd rate the greens a 7. Tees were about the same. Traps were about the same. Some raked some not. Sand was pretty consistent.

I'd recommend this course just on the last 3 holes alone . Very cool views. The last 3 holes are tough, but so scenic. The rest of the course is partly straight forward boring and partly interesting holes where local knowledge means lot. Lots of short/mid length par 4's that can be played aggressively, a few where driver a bad play, like #15. Trouble is you don't realize it until you get to your drive. Read the tips in the little yardage book they give you.

Top 5 golf course

The greens had some rough patches and where running slow and the Pro shop had very little merchandise- Having said that the golf course in general is in great shape and the routing around the marshlands is impeccable. They tell me that these are the three toughest finishing holes in Myrtle Beach, I am not sure about that but 16 is definitely one of the most beautiful and difficult par 4 not only in the area but anywhere. As I putted out of 18 , I saw a group about to tee off on 1, and at that point I was jealous. I wanted to go right back out. Over the past five years I have played over forty courses in the area and this is definitely in my top five. I highly recommend it.

A Fair But True Test of Golf

Course was recommended to me by an employee of another course. The dude did not steer me wrong. One of the most picturesque courses down here. tees,fairways and greens all in good shape. Lots of deep bunkers guarding the greens and forced carries over waste areas.The fairways are pretty wide but they get you with your approach shots' You hit a bad shot you'll pay for it here. Course is built by the Intercoastal waterway and there are many holes that are appealing to the eye. Will definitely be back. Top 10 course down here.

Nice Views

Overall course conditions are good. Some thin spots in some fairways & greens. Nice views of the waterway throughout the course. Be your A game to score here.

Glen Dornoch

Conditions are good. The course was very wet from all the rain this week, though, but still very playable.

This course is a unique and true test with many very challenging holes. It really is a shot placement course, but there are also a few "easier" and shorter holes that make up for the more challenging ones.

The course is absolutely beautiful. One of the more beautiful ones in the area. I can't wait to get back and play this course again. I think the 2nd time around will be better after having figured out the exact layout the 1st time.

Really is a must-play in the area.

3.7520294118
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Valid dates: Jun 25, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
TPC San Antonio offers you the chance to play two championship golf courses that have hosted several PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions events and is home to several PGA TOUR pros.
Texas Tees Package