Willowcreek Golf Course

Type Private
Style Traditional/Executive
Willowcreek Golf Course in Sun City has one regulation length 18-hole course, the Willowcreek Course, as well as one executive length course, the Willowbrook Course. The traditional layout of the Willowcreek Course features three lakes that form water hazards that come into play on four holes. The course is relatively flat but there are some minor rolling hills that cause uneven lies. The fairways and greens are consistently in good condition on both courses and they are both considered very user-friendly. The Willowcreek Golf Course facility used to be private but it is now open to the public.
Sun City Willowcreek Golf Course
Scorecard for Willowcreek Golf Course
Blue M: 69.7/122 385 336 540 380 164 325 501 202 431 3264 359 130 300 527 327 180 517 340 413 3093 6357
White M: 68.1/118 W: 73.9/126 360 325 517 366 151 308 486 177 415 3105 344 120 290 509 308 151 485 330 398 2935 6040
Red W: 71.4/120 335 311 497 330 120 255 431 140 382 2801 326 110 280 476 291 131 441 320 375 2750 5551

Year Built 1973

Plays Once a year

Greens need some time to soften up

Played this course many times and like it. Wide forgiving fairways and well maintained. The pro shop check in is very slow at times. We usually play on Sat. or Sunday afternoons and it's usually wide open because most of the residents play in the morning and they are at the club house reminiscing about their gold game with a beverage or two by the time we arrive. The only problem and it's to be expected is they closed the course for about 6 months in 2018 to replace the greens and now there are like concrete. The balls will not stick on any chip shots and it's very difficult for you putt on because the ball just rolls and rolls and rolls. The greens just need some time to soften up and it should be ok. I'll try to play it again around June of this year to see if they have improved.

Creek is bigger than Brook

With 2 courses here I have resorted to the fact that the full par 72 course is Willowcreek(creek is bigger than a brook) where we enjoyed our 1st round of the year. The pace was great and the course was in nice shape-really liked the back nine!

Great staff.

Gloria is the best. Love this course. New greens are fast but this is our favorite Sun City course.

Warning, play at your own risk

The greens were awful. Very little grass on them, basically compacted and rolled dirt painted green ( and they needed a new overcoat of green paint). The starter was rude and a bit of a bumbler trying to coordinate between the executive and championship course. Fairways and tees were in good shape but sand traps were over sanded. Pace of play was fine once we skipped ahead of a five some that was playing god awful slow.....

We enjoyed playing here, the staff was very friendly. The greens are coming along, we got used to them.

Old Sun City classic.

Staff is grest, especially Gloria. New greens are fast but a good challenge.

Great start to the new year!

Was hesitant to play as the weather was supposed to be cold and I read that the greens were "painted"" dormant bermuda as they didn't overseed them ..But the price was right so I booked a tee time...Glad I did! Teamed up with another walker and had a great time as the course was in fine shape and the painted greens putted beautifully! They were fast but true and it made for a fun round. First time playing this Sun City course but I will sure be back..Starter was very nice too...Just a great way to start the New Year!

Holiday golf

Tee boxes and fairways were in good shape. The greens were impossible to hold as they were so hard and fast. They did putt very well, as I do enjoy fast greens.

No ranger/marshall on a holiday afternoon is not a good idea. There was a group of 5 that held up the entire course over the last 12 holes. We had 3 groups waiting on every tee box which was unfortunate. The back nine took about 2:45. I do enjoy the course and I think it will be very nice in about one year and look forward to trying it again then.

Favorite course

Greens are getting much softer and easier to read. We love this course.

Super slick greens

Must play again. Good fairways, sand traps and the greens where vary fast. 1st nine slow. Jumped in front of 4 some at turn and was able to complete round Must play again now that I know the layout. 16 handicap shot 81

This course is number one in my book.

Had a great round of golf today, can't wait to do it again. thanks.

4 star overall rating

Overall course was in very good shape. The one thing I did notice was it seemed the greens were not over seeded in the Fall so they had been painted at some point and were fast as lightening but to the credit of the maintenance crew they all putted true. The one negative that everyone in our group had was that green side bunkers had too much sand in them leading to inconsistent play. Pace of play was fine (4 hr., 5 min.).........

Great conditions and value

I played here early on a Sunday morning.

This is not a particularly interesting or challenging course, but the holes have enough variety in yardages, with some undulating terrain, so that it is not the boring pancake-flat snoozefest of a course that it could otherwise have been.

It is sort of a hard course to lose a ball on. The fairways are pretty wide, and the houses are set far enough back to not be intrusive. There is a very shallow drainage canal running along some holes, but it is easy to grab an errant ball out of.

I hear a lot of locals complaining about the greens, which were re-grassed this year. I believe they were not overseeded this fall due to being new, and the surfaces are very firm and fast. Personally, I enjoy this sort of condition, and this was one of my favorite things about today's round at Willowcreek. They putt very smoothly but I imagine can be frustrating to someone with a poor short game or someone who puts a lot of topspin on approach shots.

Pace of play was about 4:20, which would have been sub-4 hours if it weren't for a fivesome a couple of groups ahead that caused some waiting. Why these Sun City courses allow fivesomes during prime time, I have no idea, I think they do it either in part to discourage non-regulars/non-residents from playing there, or because the retieree clientele is in no hurry to go anywhere...

It is an easy course to walk, and I was not the only walker out there. 40 bucks to walk this course in a December weekend is a great value especially given the great conditions. I will definitely be back, even though I'm not the target demographic. In my opinion this is currently the best of the original Sun City courses.

Awful greens.

Greens weren’t over seeded. Old Bermuda grass sprayed green and fast as glass. What a hoot. GolfNow should be ashamed for not disclosing this fact as an advisory prior to booking. Don’t play this course this winter.

This is the second weekend in a row that we have played Willow Creek. The greens and the course is outstanding. The greens are a little fast due to the new turf that was laid over the summer.. We played 18 holes with two people in under three hours and 45 minutes. Definitely our a course of choice.

Enjoyed the Improvements

They have made some improvements since last year. I was very impressed with how much better the greens were. I will come back again.

Amazing course

Amazing course. My girlfriend and I played here quite a bit before they redid the entire golf course and greens. Wow couldn’t believe how awesome the greens were and the fairways were like hitting on carpet. Will definitely be back next week in the play again.

Surprise, Arizona