Style Traditional

Shalimar Golf Club is a nine-hole golf course in Tempe. The course is best for beginners but it has enough challenges in store to make it a great option for more advanced players who want a quick round. The layout is comprised of three par 3s and six par 4s. It weaves through a smattering of mature trees and across gently rolling hills. The small greens can be quite tricky, especially since there are strategically placed bunkers lurking along some. Water hazards come into play on a few holes, including the 155-yard fifth, which is one of the golf course's toughest. You'll have to pull off a carry over the area's biggest lake to a heavily bunkered, narrow green. Shalimar Golf Club's ninth hole is the most well known though, mainly for the island green. In addition to the water, there are also four bunkers surrounding the green.

Shalimar Golf Club

Year Built 1960
Architect Forrest Richardson

Carts Yes - $7

Caddies Yes

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

9-Hole Rounds 44

Great value for the price

Several challenging holes, including pin placement. Fun course. Today was my 2nd time playing, and I look forward to playing again next week. Also enjoyed the motorcycle golf cart for a few dollars more. Enjoyed the experience both times I've played this course...

Greens could use some work

Overall the course was in decent condition but several of the greens were pretty rough.

Great value

Title says it all. Great value for the money. Nice range to warm up on, and an approachable 9 hole executive. Some greens are well guarded to bring some skill into it, so a great course for beginners and recreational players alike.

Club house staff were top notch. Will definitely play again.

Commented on 05/20/2020

Hi Mattmiller41491. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Shalimar Golf Club!

Commented on 05/06/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u314159876745. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Commented on 04/27/2020

Hi, u314159876745. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Shalimar Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 03/30/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, howiebuttrick. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

I’ve played this course a handful of times now and it is a great, well kept up course for the price. This is always the best deal in town and a fun course to play.

Commented on 03/31/2020

u314159717962, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Shalimar Golf Club.

Decent course - much improved

Have golfed here for the past 5 years. The course is in the best shape I’ve seen. Pace was good, played 18 in three hours. Very pleasant!

Commented on 03/24/2020

Hi Wayneeverett42. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Shalimar Golf Club!

Pull this course from Golfnow

This course should he pulled from an option on Golfnow. We arrived 5 till noon for our tee time. Entered the "golf shop" checked in and was told there were 4 groups ahead of us some riding some walking. I then asked how long would that wait be? The "attendant" said 15-20 minutes. I went out to see the situation and let's just say this is a "hackers" course the wait was going to be over an hour,. How do you get backed up on a 2500 yard course? I then asked for a refund as this was not what I signed up for. He stated you signed up on line and we can't help you. So I call Golfnow, there is a 3 hour wait. So needles to say I left frustrated with the course and Golfnow.

Golfnow, you need to work on a better way to reimburse unsastifies customers, without having to purchase your Golfpass! Your customer serves lacks the essential "service" component. But, then again most businesses seriously lack that today.

Good moderate priced course

What a difference rain makes! ..... had a great morning outing. This is a mid-level course that is very popular with the locals ...... courteous staff ....... would recommend .... Wayne

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for your review, Wayneeverett42. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Shalimar Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

First time with a first time golfer

Course is fun and easy enough to play with a first time golfer to help encourage their enjoyment of the game without causing excessive frustration.

Commented on 03/17/2020

Thank you for your review, u314159833176. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Shalimar Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

A Tempe fixture

Have been playing this course since the 1970's. It's seen better days, but far worse days as well. The greens were in surprisingly good shape - the rest of the course was typical for Shalimar.....standing water due to drainage issues, bare spots on many fairways, and some old "features" have hit rock bottom in terms of disrepair. The old wooden bridge leading to #5 green is falling apart. The concrete bridge on #6 is sagging badly and looks like it could fall into the water at any time. But the beverage cart came around every 3 holes, and the pace of play was brisk. Looks like some of the sand traps actually have sand in them - for years the bunkers were mostly compacted dirt. I played here 40+ times a year from the late 90's up until they started Foot Golf a few years ago and it became unplayable. Perhaps things are turning around, which would be a welcome change.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Hello u604059488. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us and for being a loyal customer!

They canceled my tee time when we got to the course saying they had a tournament. Nobody notified me at all! No email call and I received a confirmation text from the day before.

Commented on 03/06/2020

Hi army22. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Shalimar Golf Club.

Great price

Course. Good
Price. Good
Pace. Good
Staff. Booking staff very unpleasant as came out and shouted at us for teeing off wrong. We were told we were third and a twosome , added 2 more in the group without telling us, proceeded to yell at us and called it his tee box and nobody else was going to run it., in front of others waiting. Not very professional on his part.

Good Value

Shaliimar is what it is. A cozy golf course, 9 holes, not fantastic condition and many non golfers there . That said it's a nice value and relatively easy to get a tee time. Quirky layout.

Amazing 9 hole Gem!!!

Shalimar aka shaligusta is a 9 hole track in a fantastic neighborhood that really supports the course. They have weekly events and food trucks and nightly games. The course is compromised of par 3 and par 4s. Plenty of drivable par 4s for all skill levels! Par 3s are tough, as most greens are old school and turtle back. Most green sizes are about 1000-1500 sq ft so you can imagine they are tough to hit. Stay back and hit full shots into greens, as these shots will be the only ones to hold... if you have enough spin! Good luck and if you like old school 9 holers and a beer or two this spot is for you! PS. They might let your dog on if they are on a leash!!!

Commented on 02/27/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Shalimar Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

2.9612058824