Style Traditional

Shalimar Golf Club is a nine-hole golf course in Tempe. The course is best for beginners but it has enough challenges in store to make it a great option for more advanced players who want a quick round. The layout is comprised of three par 3s and six par 4s. It weaves through a smattering of mature trees and across gently rolling hills. The small greens can be quite tricky, especially since there are strategically placed bunkers lurking along some. Water hazards come into play on a few holes, including the 155-yard fifth, which is one of the golf course's toughest. You'll have to pull off a carry over the area's biggest lake to a heavily bunkered, narrow green. Shalimar Golf Club's ninth hole is the most well known though, mainly for the island green. In addition to the water, there are also four bunkers surrounding the green.

Shalimar Golf Club

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

9-Hole Rounds 44

Commented on 09/22/2020

Hello, rickkuch. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Shalimar Golf Club.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hi, u314159788899. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Shalimar Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Plz go elsewhere

This course is all dirt. I’d spend the extra few dollars and go anywhere else.

Commented on 09/17/2020

Hello, u314159469343. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We are sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations; however, the way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. Making comments that cut down the course are not helpful to us or any golfers reading your review. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Shalimar Golf Club.

Commented on 09/10/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u2139906380. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Shalimar Golf Club!

Poorly kept Course

We have played this course a few times and each time it is no better. This will be the last time unless they do some serious upkeep. The sandpits had weeds, balls everywhere and the grass is not cut, hard to tee off. Would be a nice course if it was kept up.

Dog track is an insult to dog tracks

Worst course I have ever played. Started on the first hole tee box...crab grass rough and a downhill lie...I couldn’t tee my ball more than an inch above the rough...and then only got worse. First and last time there. Made for 90 year olds, the ultra poor who cannot afford better, and beginners who know no better. I guess you get what you pay for!

Commented on 09/10/2020

Hello, aSAKXlxONxGHotsakoAy. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course, and we always appreciate the feedback. We have passed your feedback to our team. Thank you for playing Shalimar Golf Club.

Fun 9

Perfect place to take your spouse. No pressure and you can play in a t-shirt. You can hit all the clubs in your bag. The hottest summer ever in AZ and we were surprised how green it was. They have great Hot Dogs!! We will go back.

Commented on 09/10/2020

Thank you for your review, Seidenglanz. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Shalimar Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Classic Tempe

I’ve been going to Shalimar since the ‘90’s. Personally, it’s a treasure and I hope it never changes!

Commented on 08/31/2020

u314160361756, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Shalimar Golf Club.

Commented on 08/17/2020

Hello, david6969snyder. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

golf now problem

the course was great. It was a hot day. I was charged a fee by golf now to book the tee time on my credit card. Upon arriving they did not have my reservation. I paid their fee and played. My credit card was also charged by golf now the convenience fee. I have no idea how to get that back. Not at all Shalimar's fault.

Commented on 08/21/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u000001322298. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Shalimar Golf Club!

Commented on 08/12/2020

Hello, rickkuch. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Terrible...stay away

First time playing here and when I booked this I thought that it was a little expensive for 9 holes ($25/person) in comparison to some of the other executive courses in the area. I figured if it was nice it would be worth the price of admission. Not only was the course in terrible shape with bushy tee boxes and fairways that haven’t been mowed in a week by the looks of it, but half the green were clearly ruined by a mower with a gas leak. On top of all this there were two foursomes and a group of 5 that delayed our start time by 20 mins. Once we got going it took 3.5 hours to get through all 9 holes. Our team time was 8:45 we didn’t finish the 9th until 12:15. Another thing to note is the staff told me they only clean carts at the end of the day and our cart was filled with trash. I asked for them to clean it before we went out otherwise why enforce wearing masks. Save your money or go to continental golf course or mountain shadows. Same price for 18 holes and much better conditions. Totally regret the waste of time and money playing at this cow pasture.

Commented on 08/07/2020

lasbus1, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (480) 838-0488. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

You get what you pay for

Was looking for an early tee time to escape the heat and was only looking to play 9 holes. There was a reason why this course had an available tee time at 6:52am. The greens fees were cheap and that is exactly what I got. A course that hasn't been tended to. The grass was uncut, the greens were like carpet (slower even), and what I should have seen, but it was only a par 33...no par 5s. Ugh! I shot a good round, but because there was no real challenge. Good for practice, I suppose. If you are looking for a real day of golf, don't waste your time here.

Commented on 08/07/2020

Hi jngrav01. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge. Thanks for visiting Shalimar Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Shalimar Review

Great course for beginners and novice players alike. An even mix between 3 & 4 par holes. Well maintained, friendly staff. If you add 150 yards to 3 of the par 4s to turn them into par 5s, this becomes a full length course. Very much worth the value. Highly recommend.

Commented on 08/12/2020

Thank you for your review, u896020455. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Shalimar Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

ChrisR

Course was in good shape considering we have had blistering heat for the last 2 weeks. It was a little crowded and played a bit slow, but not so much as to be a problem.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hi u314159601980. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Shalimar Golf Club.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hello, Ageist8. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Shalimar Golf Club.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hello, jkgotts. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Shalimar Golf Club.

Tempe, Arizona