2.4
2.6

Style Traditional

Shalimar Golf Club is a nine-hole golf course in Tempe. The course is best for beginners but it has enough challenges in store to make it a great option for more advanced players who want a quick round. The layout is comprised of three par 3s and six par 4s. It weaves through a smattering of mature trees and across gently rolling hills. The small greens can be quite tricky, especially since there are strategically placed bunkers lurking along some. Water hazards come into play on a few holes, including the 155-yard fifth, which is one of the golf course's toughest. You'll have to pull off a carry over the area's biggest lake to a heavily bunkered, narrow green. Shalimar Golf Club's ninth hole is the most well known though, mainly for the island green. In addition to the water, there are also four bunkers surrounding the green.

Shalimar Golf Club

Year Built 1960
Architect Forrest Richardson

Carts Yes - $7

Caddies Yes

9-Hole Rounds 44

This course should have not been open due to reseeding the grass.

The course should have been shut down due to reseeding the grass. My daughter and I were playing on dead grass and
Breathing. This course should have not been open.

Response from Shalimar Golf Club on 10/16/2017:
Hello Stendalford, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We are sorry to hear about your subpar experience at our course and we appreciate your feedback. We are starting the overseeding process on our course today and you will see a better product in a few weeks time. Thank you for playing Shalimar Country Club and we hope to earn your business again.
Response from Shalimar Golf Club on 10/13/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to rate our course. We are glad you enjoyed our pace of play and found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing Shalimar Country Club and we hope to see you again soon.

fun course, excellent place to polish game

The course just completed overseeing and it looks like it went really well. While the winter grass is growing in they are offering great deals. The course should be in fantastic shape by November.

Response from Shalimar GC Management on 11/06/2017:
Our staff really appreciated your review as we prepare for a beautiful Arizona winter. We look forward to seeing you again!

Fun, sporty 9-hole course

Really fun layout. Not a lot of bunkers, but some challenging par 3's. The greens are tiny, a real challenge to hit in regulation. Played in less than 2 hours and had a ball.

Response from Shalimar Golf Club on 09/27/2017:
Hello madmax7, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our layout and pace of play! Thank you for playing Shalimar Country Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Staff Jerk

I have been playing this course for decades. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play much golf in recent years for health reasons. I had purchased an "unlimited golf" Groupon for Shalimar a few years ago and never got a chance to use it. It was $69, and according to Groupon's rules, the PAID portion is to be honored even if the Groupon benefits have expired. I called to make a tee time and mentioned the Groupon. The guy didn't know much about it, and said he'd "see what he could do." At the course, he hesitated at first, then VERY begrudgingly allowed me to play. Yes, I did get a free round walking, but the dude was totally dismissive and acted like I was a freeloader. Played poorly, but I guess I got my $69 worth for 9 holes...

Response from Shalimar CC Management on 11/06/2017:
Thank you for golfing with us and recommending the course!

Course in terrible conditions, All fairway grass was too long and unkept. Greens were like putting on a second cut. Terrible course conditions and layout. There is also Soccer golfers and a bunch of flags everywhere. Confusing and distracting. Far to expensive for what it is.

Response from Shalimar Country Club on 09/12/2017:
Hello Jeffrey, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Shalimar Country Club, in the Phoenix area. We are sorry to hear that you had a subpar experience with our course conditions when you last played. But, we are happy to see that you enjoyed the pace of play during your round. Thank you for playing with us, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Neighborhood Course

I love playing here. Easy to find good deals and it doesn't take forever. Staff is friendly, not uptight. I like that it is an older neighborhood course...I never feel like have to hurry.

Great little course, with unbeatable green fees

Great course for a quick 9. Not a hard layout, but challenging enough to help an average player keep their edge. Friendly, accommodating Staff, and pleasant little Bar for a nice "cold one", or a great Sandwich after your round.

Response from Shalimar Golf Club on 01/12/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are glad you enjoyed our affordable rates and found our staff friendly! Thank you for visiting Shalimar Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

abandoned

worsh that ever, the field is terrible in conservation, no wather at traps...... Very bad experience.

Course was in bad condition

Greens are tiny. Fairways were terrible. Where there was grass it was taller than my ball.

Value course

Not the shiniest penny in your purse, but it still spends. Great staff, great price, but the club house and the course look like it hasn't been touched since the course opened. The course was pretty tight, houses all around, and it was very dry and patchy-at-best with its grass.

Recommend if looking for a cheap round to swing the clubs. Not recommended if you're looking for the ultinate golf experience.

Good quick nine

Nice open fairways with a few challenges. Pleasant restaurant and watering hole. Incentive priced replays.

Response from Shalimar Golf Club on 01/26/2018:
Hello eagleon1, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed course layout, affordable rates, and restaurant! Thank you for visiting Shalimar Golf Club and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Tempe area!

Value of Play

This is a great little course with good value for the price of $12.00.

Response from Shalimar CC Management on 11/06/2017:
We're happy to hear you found good value at #ShalimarCC. Thank you for golfing with us!

The course was in terrible shape.Hard to fine good grass in fairways and greens had not been mowed so were slow. As compared to other courses.I would not go back again.

Handy short course

If you want to practise your short game and don't mind a dusty dirt cart path, then this course is for you. The fairways were in fair condition and the greens were small which makes for a tough shot but also excellent for improving your aim. I live in Mesa so it is located nice and close and not near any noisy roads or airports so you can enjoy a quiet friendly game.

Basic 9 Holes

my son does not play golf so it was a good course to play with no pressure for him. Myself I would not play this course again. Too basic and conditions, well it is a course.

Tempe, Arizona
Tempe, Arizona
Gilbert, Arizona
Scottsdale, Arizona
Scottsdale, Arizona
3.4208176471

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.