Style Traditional

Shalimar Golf Club is a nine-hole golf course in Tempe. The course is best for beginners but it has enough challenges in store to make it a great option for more advanced players who want a quick round. The layout is comprised of three par 3s and six par 4s. It weaves through a smattering of mature trees and across gently rolling hills. The small greens can be quite tricky, especially since there are strategically placed bunkers lurking along some. Water hazards come into play on a few holes, including the 155-yard fifth, which is one of the golf course's toughest. You'll have to pull off a carry over the area's biggest lake to a heavily bunkered, narrow green. Shalimar Golf Club's ninth hole is the most well known though, mainly for the island green. In addition to the water, there are also four bunkers surrounding the green.

Shalimar Golf Club

Year Built 1960
Architect Forrest Richardson

Carts Yes - $7

Caddies Yes

9-Hole Rounds 44

Response from on 12/20/2017:
Hello KipBoetel, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our pace of play and affordable rates! Thank you for visiting Shalimar Country Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Great for the buck

With so many courses in the Phoenix area, fbis course stands out because of the awesome layout and smoking hot prices. Great. For beggining golfers who enjoy a challenge as well as a savvy enthusist who is touching up the game.

Response from on 12/11/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and affordable rates. Thank you for visiting Shalimar Country Club and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from on 11/20/2017:
Hello lasbus1, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are glad you enjoyed our affordable rates and found our staff friendly. Thank you for visiting Shalimar Country Club and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Tempe area!
Response from on 11/14/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review of course. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and pace of play. Thank you for visiting Shalimar Country Club and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Tempe area.
Response from on 11/14/2017:
Hello KipBoetel, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our pace of play and affordable rates. Thank you for playing Shalimar Country Club and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Tempe area!
Response from on 11/14/2017:
Hello speedbird2201, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and found our staff friendly. Thank you for visiting Shalimar Country Club and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Tempe area!

opened to early

this course is not ready fairway uncut lost many balls on the fairway.
greens need to be cut ,very ruff .
course ambassador was very rude.

Response from on 11/15/2017:
Hello ray2474968, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are sorry to hear that you had a subpar experience at our course and we appreciate your feedback about our course conditions and staff friendliness. Thank you for visiting Shalimar Country Club and we hope to earn your business again.

Shailmar Never Disappoints

Went to another course last Fall, they were closed and not ready for us!! Called around and Shalimar was more than willing to accommodate us on short notice. They are so friendly. It's 9 holes of challenging golf, always well maintained, and a great community neighbor -- 1st Tee, Junior Golf, you name it. Great food and drink prices. This is a jewel in the middle of Tempe, and their replay rates/policies are great.

Response from on 04/26/2018:
Hello Pilgrim99, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you had an excellent golf experience at Shalimar Golf Club in Tempe. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

No Longer Competitive

Have played this course for close to 10 years. Staff has always been very service-oriented and friendly, but I have no idea where the management has been getting their ideas. Pricing has been jacked up to the point where I can now easily find local regulation courses where I can play 18 holes for the same price that Shalimar is charging for 9. Even worse, though, is the dreadful condition that the course is almost always in, nearly every month of the year. Even the fairways are hard, rutted and covered with dead grass. Either that, or there's standing water everywhere across the course. No in-between, and neither extreme is at all desirable. What a tremendous gem this course used to be just a few years ago, and what an insult it has become.

Response from on 11/06/2017:
Thank you for golfing with us! Your feedback on course conditions is greatly appreciated and we hope you come back to try us again.

This course should have not been open due to reseeding the grass.

The course should have been shut down due to reseeding the grass. My daughter and I were playing on dead grass and
Breathing. This course should have not been open.

Response from on 10/16/2017:
Hello Stendalford, thank you for taking the time to write a review about our course. We are sorry to hear about your subpar experience at our course and we appreciate your feedback. We are starting the overseeding process on our course today and you will see a better product in a few weeks time. Thank you for playing Shalimar Country Club and we hope to earn your business again.
Response from on 10/13/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to rate our course. We are glad you enjoyed our pace of play and found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing Shalimar Country Club and we hope to see you again soon.

fun course, excellent place to polish game

The course just completed overseeing and it looks like it went really well. While the winter grass is growing in they are offering great deals. The course should be in fantastic shape by November.

Response from on 11/06/2017:
Our staff really appreciated your review as we prepare for a beautiful Arizona winter. We look forward to seeing you again!

Fun, sporty 9-hole course

Really fun layout. Not a lot of bunkers, but some challenging par 3's. The greens are tiny, a real challenge to hit in regulation. Played in less than 2 hours and had a ball.

Response from on 09/27/2017:
Hello madmax7, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our layout and pace of play! Thank you for playing Shalimar Country Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Staff Jerk

I have been playing this course for decades. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play much golf in recent years for health reasons. I had purchased an "unlimited golf" Groupon for Shalimar a few years ago and never got a chance to use it. It was $69, and according to Groupon's rules, the PAID portion is to be honored even if the Groupon benefits have expired. I called to make a tee time and mentioned the Groupon. The guy didn't know much about it, and said he'd "see what he could do." At the course, he hesitated at first, then VERY begrudgingly allowed me to play. Yes, I did get a free round walking, but the dude was totally dismissive and acted like I was a freeloader. Played poorly, but I guess I got my $69 worth for 9 holes...

Response from on 11/06/2017:
Thank you for golfing with us and recommending the course!

Course in terrible conditions, All fairway grass was too long and unkept. Greens were like putting on a second cut. Terrible course conditions and layout. There is also Soccer golfers and a bunch of flags everywhere. Confusing and distracting. Far to expensive for what it is.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Response from on 09/12/2017:
Hello Jeffrey, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Shalimar Country Club, in the Phoenix area. We are sorry to hear that you had a subpar experience with our course conditions when you last played. But, we are happy to see that you enjoyed the pace of play during your round. Thank you for playing with us, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Neighborhood Course

I love playing here. Easy to find good deals and it doesn't take forever. Staff is friendly, not uptight. I like that it is an older neighborhood course...I never feel like have to hurry.

Great little course, with unbeatable green fees

Great course for a quick 9. Not a hard layout, but challenging enough to help an average player keep their edge. Friendly, accommodating Staff, and pleasant little Bar for a nice "cold one", or a great Sandwich after your round.

Response from on 01/12/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are glad you enjoyed our affordable rates and found our staff friendly! Thank you for visiting Shalimar Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

abandoned

worsh that ever, the field is terrible in conservation, no wather at traps...... Very bad experience.

Tempe, Arizona
Gilbert, Arizona
Scottsdale, Arizona
Scottsdale, Arizona

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.