Aberdeen Country Club - Highlands/Meadows

Middle 72 6115 yards 68.7 119
Other 72 5574 yards 67.7 115
Forward (W) 72 4684 yards 67.5 117
Scorecard for Highlands/Meadows
Blue M: 73.1/123 514 394 178 370 565 381 175 401 427 3405 342 522 331 147 391 400 570 216 387 3306 6711
White M: 69.6/126 491 358 152 337 514 345 166 353 389 3105 306 494 300 129 358 365 546 160 352 3010 6115
Gold M: 69.2/117 W: 70.2/119 474 339 119 301 503 261 136 314 368 2815 268 472 280 101 321 343 499 128 329 2741 5556
Red W: 66.9/109 374 301 93 279 392 236 114 258 287 2334 239 373 222 74 271 298 465 103 305 2350 4684

Year Built 1990
Architect Tom Jackson

First time @ Aberdeen

Great day @ Aberdeen. Course was wet but over all in very good shape. I will be back.

Great Value

Aberdeen, a Golf Master Gary Quickie Review

800-394-3764 ext 709

Played October 13th, 2017 sunny upper 70s

This is a better than a middle of the road course with tremendous value. Despite heavy rains earlier in the week we were riding fairways and generally speaking the course was in good to very good condition and the greens were very close to perfect. Golf Mater Cliff enjoyed the large undulating greens while Golf Master Brad noted the “shot maker” factor and that you will use all your clubs from tee to green…I am the short knocker so I liked that I could use my driver on every hole. I think the variance of the course design is the key element here. It only plays 6079 form the white tees but you have move your ball left to right, right to left and there are also wide open “hit it straight “fairways. Hitting it straight might be the hard part. This course does have a number of very interesting holes, one example would be #9 “Meadows “ where you’ll need to dissect two large trees flanking the fairway on this short 352 yard far 4. Aberdeen is a 27 hole course and its fun and affordable, we can recommend it for those that don’t want to play big bucks for overrated expensive courses.

So fun !!!

Great place to play. The more difficult course was a bit much. A bit to much water. The second 9 was so much better. Perfect greens and fairways. And was fun to see a few large gators.

Exceptional greens ...

Course just reopened after repairs to the clubhouse. Greens are phenomenal right now - quick, smooth and true. Only Fazio at Barefoot has greens any better at the moment. I played the tips and it's an enjoyable layout, a variety of tight\generous tee shots but I found myself with a lot of approach shots from nearly identical yardages which gets a little boring using the same club on numerous approaches. The bunkers were wet and the fairways a little damp (some mud on the ball) but definitely a course to check out.

Worth the Drive

If you are staying in Myrtle Beach, take the short trip to Aberdeen! Beautiful course and is in excellent shape! Greens were fair and rolled perfectly! It's not too expensive either. Be sure to find the fairway off the tee! It is a must to make birdies on this course. Plenty of birdie opportunities though!

Aberdeen a nice Track

Unfortunately the greens were in bad shape. They punched them 2 weeks prior and it was like putting on the Ho-Chi-Minh trail on most greens. The layout I thought was excellent with water coming in to play on most if not all holes. Fairways were in great shape and if they ever get the greens back this place would be a 10.Liked the fact that the par 3's were mid-iron. I'll give it another chance in 6 months as it's still reasonably priced.

disappointing

i couldn't believe this course was rated 8.0. Greens were horrible. My wife likened them to a dried out pond bed if you could imagine that. never seen anything like them. the tee boxes were full of weeds. we will never be back

multiple chalenges fun to play

Cart path only due heavy rain previous day greens challenging due to spring areation. But will be in top condition soon. Will look forward to play again

Excellent course in great condition (August 2013)

Course was in wonderful condition...greens, fairways, rough, tees all pristine. Plenty of water to challenge all skill levels, but not too much to make things too tough. Great golf value for the price for golfers of any skill level.

Good layout

The course had a very nice layout to hard to wright a review for here because of the weather that they had it was like plying in a swamp very wet besides that the course had a nice layout I would play the course again great place to play for the price

Well-mainained course with 3 9-hole tracks, each with slightly different look and feel.

Aberdeen is a very nice, moderately difficult course and is priced below the Grand Strand courses closer to the shore. Our overall golf experience left much to be desried however. We were not informed of the "cart path only" rule until we had paid and were receiving instructions from the starter. Would have been nice to know. The pace of play was extremely slow on our first nine, but only because of a single group in front of us that never offered to let us play through. We waited on every tee box and every approach while these jokers ran all over the place (cart path only) fetching clubs and raking balls down the fairway. At the turn I asked starter if there was a ranger, and was informed they had no ranger. Will not be going back, and a shame, because I like the course.

Nice course, worth the drive from Myrtle.

One of several course along the SC 9 corridor north of Myrtle Beach. There was a lot of rain during our stay in Myrtle but the course held up very nicely. There was some casual water but did not adversely affect play. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Fun and off the Strip!

We played a couple days after a tropical storm so there was standing water. We enjoyed the course. The Woodlands was narrow and required course management. We were behind a group of regulars (16) so it took longer than it should have. I would recommend it.

The course was well cared for and the greens rolled true.

We arrived early and the starter got us on the course early and that was a definite plus. The course was not busy and we sailed the front nine in 2 hrs. I was very impressed with the playability and the condition of the greens. I will be back to play again next year.

Water everywhere...

The course is challenging with all the water.... 23 out of 27 holes have water. Most of it is not, or should not be in play (but always in your eyes)

Disappointing experience

3/10 cart path only and advised only when got to the tee box

Friendly and well maintained

On the day we played it was extremely busy. The staff did a great job of getting people off as quickly as carts returned. According to the head starter, they have this situation maybe 10 times a year. That being the case, they did a wonderful job in getting everyone on the course and with the large number of players the 4.5 hour playing time was acceptable.

great bargain

We booked a tee time one day prior to playing and got a Saturday time at 8:34. we played in less than 4 hours and played the other 9 holes to get all 27 in and we stilled finished in less than 4 1/2 hours.

Interesting layout

Moderate long course in very good shape, with some interesting features. You need to pay attention to some of the blind shots you will be face. Greens are very good!

Fair fun--and good value

Excellent Course --played -3- times while at Myrtle Beach--this was by far the best course for the money--enjoyed the staff--the course was fun to play

Calabash, North Carolina