Hackler Course at Coastal Carolina University

Indoor Practice No

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Single Allowed No

Poor staff and rates

Went out to Hackler for the first time in over a month and gosh it hasn’t changed, paid student rate for 18 holes and reminded the pro shop people that I had a spectator with me and they might have gotten charged $17 just to sit in a cart and watch, when my group made the turn a group of 4 older gentleman were sitting on the 10th tee about to start there round, this was around noonish. Why, why, why Hackler are you sending doubles tees when the course is not even half full. Why is it that I didn’t get to play the 10th hole and was rushed the next few holes after. Poor staff management in my opinion when double tee comes into play. There was no one on the first hole so I told the pro shop attendant to tell the group on the 10th to just start on 1 (like everyone else) nah did not happen. Did not play the 10th and am extremely disappointed I have golfed at many other college courses and campuses and they are a lot nicer for there value, and the starter and pro shop are always in sync as opposed to Hackler... smh. There are some cart cleaning people who are regulars working who I appreciate a lot, but man why double tee when it’s not even half full.

Very good condition

The last time I played this course, it was Quail Creek. Been a long long time. This was my 5th pre-World Am course to play.
The course had some issues with their greens from the hard winter. But, Hackler has patched in grass on the greens. You could see the seams where the patches were put in but you could not tell it when putting. The greens were smooth and putted true. The overall conditions of this course were very good. No complaints. Nice layout with some interesting holes.

Great value

I have played this course many times. Great course that is well maintained. My only complaint is that it seems to usually be cart path only. In their defense, they play a lot of competitive golf here so they need to keep it in good condition. I’m just being lazy. Great course.

In Dustin's Footsteps.

Very Good condition. Layout is fun and challenging. The facilities and details are very good . Things like cart paths are what you would expect from a Top College Golf Facility. The best part was not only visualizing your shot but Dustin Johnson's. (he played for Coastal). You can spend more at the Beach and get much less. It is one of my regular spots when pricing peaks in season here.

Myrtle Beach hidden gems

The golf course made a great recovery from hurricane Matthew and was one of the first back open after the storm due the dedicated staff. Course conditions are always high quality, making it a MUST PLAY in the grand stand area. Not only is it owned by Coastal Carolina University it is run by the PGA golf management program, which in return you get professional services at every level of the operation. This has to be a stop the next time you are in the grand strand area to see the future of the golf industry. They also have a great shop stocked with all major brands and club repair so if you have problem with your equipment they have what you need.

Awful

The greens were ok but the course itself is awful.

It's clear that this is a course run by college atudents for college students. The fairways were a swamp. No one monitoring pace of play. Over, just a lousy experience.

Just not my kind of golf course

I've played this course more times than I wanted to. It's in the course rotation every year for a tournament that I play in Myrtle Beach. If I was on my own, I would not play here. For me, the course is too long. Emphasizing for me. Other golfers may like the distances.

South Carolina Advisor

Hackin' at Hackler

Course was in good shape. Fairways and greens. There was no rough so any shot that missed the fairway left you with a somewhat decent lie. Not sure if that's how they keep it, or because it was early April.Greens rolled nice and I found them to be fun and challenging with undulations. They held the mid-iron shots quite well. There are a bunch of doglegs but I still was able to hit driver on all but one. It's the College of Coastal Carolina's home course so you'll bump into some aspiring pros out there.

South Carolina Advisor

Hackin' at Hackler

When I found out Hackler was Coastal Carolina University's home course I figured it was a plush top notch course and for the price I couldn't go wrong. While it's not, I found it to be a very good course. It wasn't very long with a bunch of doglegs, yet I was able to hit driver on all but one. Fairways and greens all in good shape . The par threes are all over 170 yds which makes the course a bit more difficult for a weekend hack like me. I prefer at least two mid-iron 3's. I'd recommend this course to anyone.

Public/Resort