Blackmoor Golf Club, a Gary Player Signature course, was built on the historic Longwood Plantation, whose heritage as an antebellum rice plantation along the majestic Waccamaw River accounts for much of its charm. The 18 championship holes feature flowing lakes, moss-draped oaks, lofty pines, and ever changing cypress. Attention to detail is noticeable from tee to green. For cold-weather play, the course is kept green from tree line to tree line to give a refreshing view for those from snow-covered northern climates. Unparalleled fairways focus your attention on one hole at a time. Be sure to study Blackmoor's course layout, since several blind shots to the green will challenge your perception.

Blackmoor

Year Built 1990
Greens Bermuda (Tif Warf) Grass
Architect Gary Player (1990)

Single Allowed Yes

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Showers

Favorite

This place never disappoints. The staff is always very helpful and friendly. They go out if their way to please. The course is always in great shape and the layout rewards good shots as it should be. Try it you'll like it.

awesome course

was scheduled to play 36 holes but due to rain only played 18....course was cart path only and very wet...but lucky for us we were placed with a local golfer who plays this course every day...i must give kudos for our playing partner Dave...he gave us tips on every hole and guided us through a very challenging course....cant wait to play again,,,staff was excellent

Very nice challenging course

Played this course with my college golfers sons and we had a very nice time. The course was in very good condition, the greens were the most challenging of this course. They were air rated several weeks ago and they were rolling well. This is the most important this to us was the green condition. The rest of the course was in very good condition too, lots of doglegs and risk reward shots available. If you haven’t played it before take a ride down the fairways first, it will help you decide if the risk is worth the reward. $42 at 1pm not bad.

Will play here again.

We were the first group out on a Sunday morning and could not have had a better time. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the course was in excellent shape from the driving range to the 18th green. I enjoyed the mix of hole layouts; I shoot to a 15.1 GHIN handicap and found the course challenging yet still score able even for my handicap. Cost was on the higher end compared to courses in the area, but our 5-some group all felt that we got great value and fun for our money.

This was my third trip to Myrtle Beach and so far I haven't repeated any courses, but I will play this course again!

Too rough around the edges

Course looks old and tattered. Starting with the range. The fairway grass was in bad condition. I didn't like the layout either. Too many blind shots.

Not Hsppy

I’ll admit, it rained. But the course was in less than acceptable shape besides that. We weren’t told the greens had been newly aerated or that crews would be replacing sod on the edges of st least 8 holes...as we played. Fairways hasd are grass. Condition of course was perhaps a 6 out of ten. $61. $44 would have been acceptable.

Gary Player wouldn’t be happy

1. Outside staff watched me carry my clubs and gf from car to cart and then cart to car.
2. Starter let a 3 some and 4 some start on 10 so it went from a 4 hour round to 5+ hour round.
3. Extremely wet which isn’t their fault but noticeable that course isn’t well maintained regardless especially the bunker which looked like they used beach sand.
4. Greens probably around a 9 but the fringe was more like 2-3 inch rough and cut very uneven.

Definitely would not recommend especially for the money around $60/player. I’ve played courses for $30 that put this to shame.

Enjoyable Round!

Made online tee time as a single. Was paired up with three local guys. Very good guys to play with and they had some useful local knowledge. Course was in very good condition. I really enjoyed the layout. There are several doglegs but the landing areas are not particularly short. I'm a fairly long hitter and I never hit less than 4 Iron off the tee on the par 4's. Hit a handful of drivers and several driving irons off the tee. The course did not feel gimmicky at all to me. Greens rolled pretty fast and true. I've played about 60 courses along the grand strand and I'd rank this one in the top half.

Blackmoor Golf Club – Gary Player Meets the Grand Strand

Blackmoor Golf Club – Gary Player Meets the Grand Strand
Gary Player has played and designed golf courses all around the world, but there’s only one Gary Player Signature Course on the Grand Strand - Blackmoor Golf Club. Blackmoor Golf Club plays 6,614 yards from the back tees, with a course rating of 71.1 and a slope of 126. Blackmoor is also a favorite of female visitors to the Myrtle Beach area and plays 4,807 yards. Play from the yardage that best suits your game and you’re sure to have a good time.
This Gary Player signature course takes advantage of the natural terrain as well as beautiful vistas, producing a combination of shot varieties, which adds to your enjoyment no matter how good or bad you’re playing. Marshes, wetlands and/or water come into play on about half the holes and the green complexes are well protected with either sand or grass bunkers and swales. With all of the thought Player put into this course, he has made it challenging for low handicappers and enjoyable for high handicappers.
Easily the most memorable hole on the golf course is Number 8, a par 4 that plays 347 yards from the White tees – much shorter with Option B. “A Tale of Two Fairways” would be an appropriate name for this hole. The conventional, aka wider fairway is to the left, making this a dogleg right. You can leave driver in the bag with this route and hit a 3-wood or hybrid off the tee. That should leave a moderate chip shot into the green.
Option B is for the gambler in you. Number 8 gives you an option to go directly at the green, up a narrow alleyway which plays about 270 yards. Be warned, hit it straight or pay the price. Either way, you end up at a gently undulating green protected with bunkers left – or behind the green – depending on your route. Executed correctly, Option B could help you pick up a shot on the field.
Even without the old slave cemetery that runs down the left side of this hole and dates back to the 1800’s, Number 13 (478 yards from the White Tees) would still be a good hole. Add in the cemetery and good becomes great! Calling this a dogleg right doesn’t do it justice; it’s more like a 45° right turn. A long fade off the tee goes a long way in lessening the burden on your second shot, where, depending on your length off the tee, you’ll have a decision to make. Anyone with a clear shot at the green needs to go for it; there’s not a lot of trouble around the green other than a bunker on the right side and trees on the left if you’re way off. The green slopes from back right to front left, so do your best to keep the ball below the hole.
Half of the holes at Blackmoor are doglegs and will require not only proper club selection but also good placement if you want to score well. Many greens are elevated and require you to fly it on the green as opposed to running it on. All of the greens roll fast and true.
Blackmoor also has an excellent practice area with a full-length driving range where you can hit every club in the bag to your heart’s content, and a putting green. The clubhouse features a well-stocked pro shop with all of your favorite logoed Blackmoor gear and a grill and bar that serves all of your favorite libations and clubhouse food. The burgers are unbelievable.

Greate value

This is our first time in Myrtle Beach and the first course we played. I agree with another reviewer that I liked the back nine better. We paid 43$ with cart and that's a great deal for the quality of the course. Conditions of fairways and greens were excellent. Staff was very friendly. My wife and I were paired with a local who gave us tips on how to play it and that was very helpful. The only thing I didnt like was that a lot of houses are pretty close to fairways, especially on the front nine. Would play again next time we come.

Would never play again

Pace of play was painfully slow. The course was extremely backed up. It took us 5 and a half hours to play a round. Also the course was extremely wet, the fairways were swamped. Wouldn't recommend and wouldn't come back.

GREAT SHAPE, GREAT PRICE

Located near my families beach property this Gary Player designed course is one of my favorites to play in south strand area. It has always been in great shape, reasonably priced, with a good layout. The fairways are wide, the greens large and the staff are extremely friendly. My group always has a good time here including my junior golfer who plays free with a paying adult. This is a course that I will play every time I visit the strand.

Blackmoor is OK, but not outstanding

Played this course after 4+ inches of rain two days before. It was still very, very soggy (clay base). Greens were very good, true and good speed. For a senior like myself, it just played too long and it was so darned hot I could barely get through the round (cart path only).

South Carolina Advisor

A quirky course.

I found the course to be in good shape. The tee boxes, fairways and greens both in good condition. No problem with pace of play either. However there are quite a few holes that you have to keep the driver in the bag. I suppose Gary didn't have much room to work with so he had to make a lot of doglegs making shot placement a premium. If you like a course that's on the short side, this will do. I found the price to be very reasonable also. Would this be a course that I would bring the fellas to? In a pinch, yes.

Black or is the bomb!

Really enjoyed this Gary Player course. The staff were super and were part of a great experience. Course was challenging and really made you think about course management. Can't wait to return to Myrtle Beach so we can play Blackmoor again...and again...

Winter golf

Played for the first time. Course was in great shape. However I want a fan of all the doglegs. Course wasn't too challenging and is fairly short. Greens were in great shape and we're receptive to all different shots. I expected a little more from a Gary player course .

Great layout , great condition - very interesting. Stresses accuracy not length. Greens mostly flat but pristine/fast.
Will definitely play this course again.
Hole layouts challenging, but not communicated very well. Course map on score card weak. Suggest better map even if it's printed separate.

Request A Vacation Quote From Fore Myrtle Beach
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Fore Myrtle Beach will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
3.5120176471