A view of a green at Tanna Farms Golf Club.
2.1

Tanna Farms Golf Club in Geneva offers some of the best golf that the Fox Valley has to offer. The layout meanders across prairies covered with wildflowers and weaves through lush wetlands. The course begins with the stunning signature hole. The par-3 opener has an island green that sets the scene for this thrilling and memorable round. Although it's a seemingly short course at 6,510 yards from the back tees, what it lacks in length it makes up for with plenty of other challenges. Besides the first hole, there are a few other tough par 3s, including one with a postage-stamp sized green. There are some daunting par 5s as well. Tanna Farms Golf Club is not a lengthy course but the layout is generously spaced to offer breathing room between the holes and the undulating slopes and subtle elevation changes make it pay much longer.

Tanna Farms Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Golf Season April to December
Architect Roy Case (2001)

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Good Course and Friendly Staff!

Course is in good condition and was wide open on July 4. The course layout requires you to play strategically on certain holes to avoid trouble. We had a great time and always enjoy playing Tanna Farms.

My biggest complaint because of COVID all rates say walking every other course we played gave us a cart if they were availablev(included) I called Tanna ahead of time and even asked they said the same thing. Today we checked in they had plenty of carts and still charged up us an extra 28 this is not even a possible walking course they should get off golf now we ended up paying mite than the rev rate of a nice course with a cart. For a junk course

Course condition has declined greatly...

I was quite disappointed in the course condition today. The greens had too many ball marks for me to fix and there were so many divots on the green that impacted my putts I was taking an automatic two-putt.
The fairways were in pretty decent shape and the staff was super friendly but I probably will not make another trip here this year or next year to allow them the time they need to try and get it back into the condition it used to be.

make your own rules

The staff refused to let me use a wash room and all on the course were locked. they blamed covid -19 rules for this but that is not what the rule is. I pasted below for reference.
(• Hand sanitizer and soap in all restrooms, including those on the course
o Restrooms shall be sanitized regularly)
closing washrooms promotes indecent exposure on the course as well as causing a sanitation hazard
Furthermore they rented me a power cart without any medical documentation.
Cups were raised to prevent the ball going into the hole, most courses use a foam donut in the cup to simulate normal putting.
Tee markers were missing, On 13 a huge undrivable casual water hazard existed which should have been marked with a temporary tee area. Both of us lost golf balls in this huge swampy area.
some greens in real bad shape.
to me these issues represent sloth, not any desire to provide a safe venue.
I set up weekly tee times for 12-16 seniors, we won't be playing here any time soon.

Not up to par

The greens were in very poor condition, especially for not having been played on for most of the spring. It seems like no maintenance was during during the quarantine and the cost was double what it normally was last summer. I may give it another try when things get back to "normal".

Super Fun and Interesting Round .

This course is great. If you’re looking for something different, this is it. Lots of decisions to make on how you approach each hole. Long par 3 , short par 3s a couple of 600 yd par 5s....beautifully laid out water contours many holes. One of the best tracks I’ve never heard about. We had to walk because of COVID. Be prepared to hoof it. This says 6500 yds but the layout is like you’re walking an 7800 yd course. I wouldn’t consider it a walking course. I couldn’t imagine doing it in 80 plus weather.

Fried

The course is burning up. I’ve never seen it as it is now and I’ve played here dozens of times. Maybe they have cut maintainence due to COVID or their water has run out. Sad to see. I won’t play here again until maybe fall

Hidden gem

I’ve been playing courses in and around this area for a few years and for some reason skipped this in favor of Whitetail Ridge, Orchard Valley or BlackBerry Oaks.
Wow was I impressed, first tee I figured would be the signature 128y over water to a lovely green, to my delight it only got better, each and every tee box and flag stick are all very well thought out, yardage was spot on and condition for October were excellent, pace of play was great and had an all round great time. Shot 85 friend shot 75 all in all we’ll be back for sure.

Wet and windy

Cart path only after heavy rain...course was a mess...probably should not have played...even though shooting a 77 it was a lousy day to play...

Harassed By Course Worker

While sitting in the golf cart on the fairway, a course worker drove by us, two feet away, with a blower attached to his mower and blew wet grass all over us. He continued to circle around us swearing at us in Spanish and flipping us the finger. As we proceeded down the fairway he would follow us, circle around us, and then speed up and drive over the top of our golf balls, and park in the middle of the fairway as we proceeded down the course.. I called the pro shop twice. Nothing was done to correct this course worker's behavior. No one from management came out to see what the problem was. After we finished our 18 holes, we went in to the pro shop and asked to speak to the manager or superintendent. They weren't there and no one of any authority was available to discuss the issue. We left all four of our names and cell phone numbers. To date no one has called any of us. I guess management condones harassment of the golfers by their course workers. Such a delight to play at Tanna Farms!

Great ciurse

Course was I n great shape, greens rolling smooth and good pace. Quiet and beautiful surroundings. Would play it everyday.

Rude Grounds Staff

Overall had a good experience but this had to be the rudest grounds crew I’ve seen. Didn’t seem to care that we were there and constantly had to wait 10 plus min for them to move and always seemed to be mowing around us. I understand they have a job to do but if they see a player they are supposed to stop and move out of they way so the player can play through.

not player friendly for the up tees

bad sand traps, not easy for front tees for woman too many holes to carry trouble need to think about moving tees up on a lot of holes

What on Earth happened

Course has beat up tee boxes, markers missing or rusted over. Blue tees were trash. Greens were well worn and a lot of dead spots from neglect of repairs on divots. Course seemed like the sprinklers were left on too long. Bunkers were full of dirt. It hasn't rained in days. A good sign of upkeep is if the traps have been dragged. No signs of that at all. 2 people staffed at desk counting down the time until shift ends. Put these lazy people on the course with a paint can at least. Maybe even a couple tee box markers if they see one missing. This was my favorite course and has been for many years. Don't know what else to say but employees and managers need some better supervision. Shot an 86 so was happy otherwise.

Elburn, Illinois