Tanna Farms Golf Club

Tanna Farms Golf Club in Geneva offers some of the best golf that the Fox Valley has to offer. The layout meanders across prairies covered with wildflowers and weaves through lush wetlands. The course begins with the stunning signature hole. The par-3 opener has an island green that sets the scene for this thrilling and memorable round. Although it's a seemingly short course at 6,510 yards from the back tees, what it lacks in length it makes up for with plenty of other challenges. Besides the first hole, there are a few other tough par 3s, including one with a postage-stamp sized green. There are some daunting par 5s as well. Tanna Farms Golf Club is not a lengthy course but the layout is generously spaced to offer breathing room between the holes and the undulating slopes and subtle elevation changes make it pay much longer.
Tanna Farms Golf Club
Yellow (W) 72 4727 yards 68.4 115
Scorecard for Tanna Farms Golf Club
Black M: 72.0/131 140 508 194 361 490 168 414 433 159 2867 414 145 361 604 413 526 215 605 360 3643 6510
Blue M: 69.8/126 W: 70.4/119 120 482 167 345 465 152 389 402 128 2650 382 132 325 578 365 490 194 574 343 3383 6033
White M: 67.1/119 W: 69.4/117 95 436 135 298 418 134 362 377 101 2356 351 109 277 541 343 463 162 532 303 3081 5437
Yellow M: 65.4/116 W: 68.4/115 84 358 98 254 379 117 337 342 93 2062 328 83 235 456 284 420 108 483 268 2665 4727

Year Built 2001
Golf Season April to December
Architect Roy Case (2001)

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Tough Back 9

Played on a Monday and the course was in great condition after weekend play. I love the layout, and the back 9 offers challenging golf. Played the front in 1.5 hours with a nice pace. The back played in 3 hours due to a slow threesome. Need a ranger to speed pace of play. I love the course.

Commented On 09/06/2016

Thank you for coming out and playing with us! Happy to hear that you loved the layout, but we do apologize for the slow pace of play.

Pace was awful

I know you can't expect much on a Sunday, but we teed off around 930, played the front in 2 hours, and then participated in a death march of over 3 hours on the back nine. There were 3 groups at the tee on every hole and it was the slowest 9 I've ever had. During this whole time, not once did a ranger come around and try to mitigate the situation. Staff didn't say much of anything before or after the round, not very welcoming or friendly, but not unfriendly. I enjoyed the course for the most part, it is a fun, yet challenging layout; however, I could not enjoy the back nine.

Commented On 09/06/2016

We apologize for the slow pace of play on the back 9. Please feel free to call the club house if there ever happens again, and we will immediately get a ranger out! We hope you will give us another chance in the future!

Interesting course

The front 9 and back 9 are completly different. The front 9 is interesting with a lot of par 3s that have many water hazards. The back is much longer, and still lots of hazards. You have to pay attention to what you are doing at this course or you can get into trouble. The only negative is that you never go back to the clubhouse, and you dirve forever.

Commented On 09/06/2016

Thank you for the 4 Stars. The course has a lot of interesting holes, but that is what makes it so fun to play! Hope you will come back out soon and see us again!

Interesting layout, poor condition

Played TF for the 1st time after finding a good rate on Golfnow, glad we got it cheap. My biggest complaint is the condition of the course, especially the traps. They were unplayable. Most were full of water with very little sand in them. This seems to be a trait with Golfvisions managed courses as Nettle Creek traps are brutal also. The fairways were ok at best and the greens were pretty beat up. This is somewhat understandable in the dog days of Summer, but I've played on much better greens that have been subjected to the same typical Illinois summer weather. The odd layout of Tanna has been well covered on this site so I won't repeat it. There are some really cool holes at Tanna and if it was properly cared for it would be a fun place to play a few times per season. No driving range and a tiny putting area don't serve golfers well either. Staff was friendly and beverage cart came around frequently. No issues with pace of play, a typical 4 hour round.

Commented On 09/06/2016

We are currently working on improving the conditions of the course. Glad to see that our staff was friendly and the pace of play was up to par. We hope you will give us another shot in the future.

Good Course

Good value, interesting holes

Greens a bit slow but true

Commented On 08/02/2016

Thank you for the 4 Stars and for taking the time to leave a review! We hope you enjoyed your round at Tanna Farms and will be back to see us soon!

Nice course layout, overwatered that day.

Challenging course with several blind shots required for a first timer at the course. Enjoyed the challenges.

Course conditions would have been rated excellent, but over watering was present in soggy fairways and hard wet sand bunkers on several holes.

Commented On 08/02/2016

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the 5 Stars! We apologize for the watering on the course while you were playing. We hope you will come back and see us!

Best Value in Area

The pace of play and course condition alone makes it the best value. My last 3 rounds were completed in 4 hrs. The only issues ii have are 1.no water on course and 2. The ninth hole does not bring you back to the clubhouse .

Commented On 07/15/2016

We greatly appreciate the 5 Stars! Thanks for coming out and playing with us so many times!

Cooper

Nice course for the price. Some unique holes but a lot of homes and geese everywhere.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for taking time to leave a review and thanks for the 4 Stars! Hope to see you back here soon!

Good Value

Very good value for the money-$49 on Saturday morning.

Commented On 07/15/2016

Thanks for the 4 Stars! We always have great specials on Tee Times happening so make sure to sign up for our email list to take advantage of these offers!

I will be comin back for the course, not the starter

Let me get this out of the way first. The starter rushed us from the moment we walked in. We were between 10 and 15 minutes early to get our cart and bags set up and he was rushing us out the door and riding us the entire time because the other half of the booked foursome was already there. He said it was a busy day, but it truly wasn't busy.

Aside from the grump up front, the course is beautiful and well groomed. The greens were a bit rough on some holes but it didn't alter play at all. There are some very beautiful holes and some can be very challenging, but the course isn't overly difficult.

One thing I would recommend is if you don't usually walk courses, take a cart. Even driving from one hole to the other can be a cruise. I could only imagine how long the day would be if you walked it in the hot summer sunshine.

Overall, the course was so great and I had such a fun time playing it that my friend and I totally forgot about the hassle with the starter.

Commented On 06/21/2016

First off, we would like to apologize for your experience while checking in. We never want to rush anyone out to the course and have you start your round on a bad note. We are happy though to see that you enjoyed the course and did not let this ruin your day. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make it up to you!

Great course for the money

This is not a long course but it does require accuracy, keep the driver in the bag if you can't keep it in the fairway. Fun course, more of a target course, greens are a little beaten up ( doesn't anybody fix a ball mark?) But always have fun playing this course.

Commented On 06/21/2016

Thanks for the review! We are very happy to see that you always have fun playing our course! Make sure to check us out online since we are always running great offers on tee times!

Fun course for the price

I got a great hot deal on this course and decided to give it a try. The first hole is a bit intimidating as it's an island green par 3. This wouldn't be terrible but the course has no driving range for warm up and only a very small practice green. The greens are in pretty good condition and roll pretty true and fast. The bunkers need a lot of work. Being this is the first time I played the course I am unsure if that's normal or if it's due to the beginning of the season and more than average rain fall. The grounds crew was out working them but they were unplayable for the time I was there. The course also needs more bathrooms and drinking water locations, you don't go past the club house at the turn and there were zero spots to fill up a water bottle. It's a challenging course for a longer hitter. Many times I had to take an iron off the tee otherwise I could drive myself into trouble. I enjoyed the layout and will play it again later in the summer. Hopefully the course will be in more playable condition.

Commented On 06/02/2016

First off we want to thank you for coming out and playing at our course. We appreciate all of your feedback. We are always looking to improve and will take your suggestions into consideration! We look forward to seeing you again in the Summer!

This course is a dog track

Very disappointing. Course layout is horrible. Like playing in someone's backyard on every hole. First hole is a par 3 over water. No driving range and a very tiny putting green. There are too many better options to waste money playing this course again.

Commented On 04/25/2016

Mike,

We apologize for your bad experience at our course. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make it up to you.

Unique course

This course starts with a pat 3 hole which is unique. It has 5 par 3's and 5 par5's and yardages are balanced for scoring; they have a couple of par 5's measuring over 600yards from the tip. It's a fun course no matter what yardages to play from. I would recommend this course to play and play again as there're holes that have blind yardage carry from the tee box.

For November course was in excellent shape

What a great time our foursome had, greens were perfect,pace was great 3hrs 30 minutes

Tanna Farm Great Course

Had a great time with friends. Course can play difficult with the wind. Had a great time.

Tanna Farms October 2015-liked it

Tanna is about 30 minutes from my house but i had never heard of it, let alone play it. Got a great deal on Golfnow and gave it a try. it starts with a par 3 over water which just sucks, and there is no driving range so you cant warm up, but cant change that. A novice golfer is not going to enjoy this course. The course winds through a subdivision and in some cases the holes are hundreds of yards apart. I saw people walking it but it would be a long day. We played blue tees, which were only 6000 yards but that was a mistake. There are a lot of blind shots and carry shots over water or marsh and playing blue only made it harder. If you are not a good golfer with a dependable driver, stay on white where we belong. The course is well maintained, its picturesque. A nice place to play. A lot of challenges with water and sand but in spite of that i enjoyed it and will play again. A big gripe is there are no distance markers on the fairway, and as a first timer i had no idea how far from the pin or from water i was and it made the day more difficult. They could really help visitors if they provided more info on the many lateral hazards and distances from tee to water, or water to green. Bring a range finder or gps if you play.

3's & 5's

Really, really odd design. 4 par 3's on the front, 3 par 5's on the back. Don't really care for that aspect but the course as a whole was in nice shape, fairly friendly staff. It's a nice little place to play. It's a nice place to run to if you want to mix things up. Due to the design it's a real change of pace.

No yardages

I won't play again. How do you not have yardage markers? I wasn't a fan of layout and condition just ok.

Looking for Profits

This is a decent course. Too bad they do not allow singles to sign up on Golf Now. For that reason I DO NOT recommend this course. Not very golfer friendly.

Elburn, Illinois