Tanna Farms Golf Club in Geneva offers some of the best golf that the Fox Valley has to offer. The layout meanders across prairies covered with wildflowers and weaves through lush wetlands. The course begins with the stunning signature hole. The par-3 opener has an island green that sets the scene for this thrilling and memorable round. Although it's a seemingly short course at 6,510 yards from the back tees, what it lacks in length it makes up for with plenty of other challenges. Besides the first hole, there are a few other tough par 3s, including one with a postage-stamp sized green. There are some daunting par 5s as well. Tanna Farms Golf Club is not a lengthy course but the layout is generously spaced to offer breathing room between the holes and the undulating slopes and subtle elevation changes make it pay much longer.

Tanna Farms Golf Club
Yellow (W) 72 4727 yards 68.4 115
Scorecard for Tanna Farms Golf Club
Black M: 72.0/131 140 508 194 361 490 168 414 433 159 2867 414 145 361 604 413 526 215 605 360 3643 6510
Blue M: 69.8/126 W: 70.4/119 120 482 167 345 465 152 389 402 128 2650 382 132 325 578 365 490 194 574 343 3383 6033
White M: 67.1/119 W: 69.4/117 95 436 135 298 418 134 362 377 101 2356 351 109 277 541 343 463 162 532 303 3081 5437
Yellow M: 65.4/116 W: 68.4/115 84 358 98 254 379 117 337 342 93 2062 328 83 235 456 284 420 108 483 268 2665 4727

Year Built 2001
Golf Season April to December
Architect Roy Case (2001)

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Nice course layout, overwatered that day.

Challenging course with several blind shots required for a first timer at the course. Enjoyed the challenges.

Course conditions would have been rated excellent, but over watering was present in soggy fairways and hard wet sand bunkers on several holes.

Commented On 08/02/2016

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the 5 Stars! We apologize for the watering on the course while you were playing. We hope you will come back and see us!

Best Value in Area

The pace of play and course condition alone makes it the best value. My last 3 rounds were completed in 4 hrs. The only issues ii have are 1.no water on course and 2. The ninth hole does not bring you back to the clubhouse .

Commented On 07/15/2016

We greatly appreciate the 5 Stars! Thanks for coming out and playing with us so many times!

Cooper

Nice course for the price. Some unique holes but a lot of homes and geese everywhere.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for taking time to leave a review and thanks for the 4 Stars! Hope to see you back here soon!

Good Value

Very good value for the money-$49 on Saturday morning.

Commented On 07/15/2016

Thanks for the 4 Stars! We always have great specials on Tee Times happening so make sure to sign up for our email list to take advantage of these offers!

I will be comin back for the course, not the starter

Let me get this out of the way first. The starter rushed us from the moment we walked in. We were between 10 and 15 minutes early to get our cart and bags set up and he was rushing us out the door and riding us the entire time because the other half of the booked foursome was already there. He said it was a busy day, but it truly wasn't busy.
Aside from the grump up front, the course is beautiful and well groomed. The greens were a bit rough on some holes but it didn't alter play at all. There are some very beautiful holes and some can be very challenging, but the course isn't overly difficult.
One thing I would recommend is if you don't usually walk courses, take a cart. Even driving from one hole to the other can be a cruise. I could only imagine how long the day would be if you walked it in the hot summer sunshine.

Overall, the course was so great and I had such a fun time playing it that my friend and I totally forgot about the hassle with the starter.

Commented On 06/21/2016

First off, we would like to apologize for your experience while checking in. We never want to rush anyone out to the course and have you start your round on a bad note. We are happy though to see that you enjoyed the course and did not let this ruin your day. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make it up to you!

Great course for the money

This is not a long course but it does require accuracy, keep the driver in the bag if you can't keep it in the fairway. Fun course, more of a target course, greens are a little beaten up ( doesn't anybody fix a ball mark?) But always have fun playing this course.

Commented On 06/21/2016

Thanks for the review! We are very happy to see that you always have fun playing our course! Make sure to check us out online since we are always running great offers on tee times!

Fun course for the price

I got a great hot deal on this course and decided to give it a try. The first hole is a bit intimidating as it's an island green par 3. This wouldn't be terrible but the course has no driving range for warm up and only a very small practice green. The greens are in pretty good condition and roll pretty true and fast. The bunkers need a lot of work. Being this is the first time I played the course I am unsure if that's normal or if it's due to the beginning of the season and more than average rain fall. The grounds crew was out working them but they were unplayable for the time I was there. The course also needs more bathrooms and drinking water locations, you don't go past the club house at the turn and there were zero spots to fill up a water bottle. It's a challenging course for a longer hitter. Many times I had to take an iron off the tee otherwise I could drive myself into trouble. I enjoyed the layout and will play it again later in the summer. Hopefully the course will be in more playable condition.

Commented On 06/02/2016

First off we want to thank you for coming out and playing at our course. We appreciate all of your feedback. We are always looking to improve and will take your suggestions into consideration! We look forward to seeing you again in the Summer!

This course is a dog track

Very disappointing. Course layout is horrible. Like playing in someone's backyard on every hole. First hole is a par 3 over water. No driving range and a very tiny putting green. There are too many better options to waste money playing this course again.

Commented On 04/25/2016

Mike,

We apologize for your bad experience at our course. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make it up to you.

Unique course

This course starts with a pat 3 hole which is unique. It has 5 par 3's and 5 par5's and yardages are balanced for scoring; they have a couple of par 5's measuring over 600yards from the tip. It's a fun course no matter what yardages to play from. I would recommend this course to play and play again as there're holes that have blind yardage carry from the tee box.

For November course was in excellent shape

What a great time our foursome had, greens were perfect,pace was great 3hrs 30 minutes

Tanna Farm Great Course

Had a great time with friends. Course can play difficult with the wind. Had a great time.

Tanna Farms October 2015-liked it

Tanna is about 30 minutes from my house but i had never heard of it, let alone play it. Got a great deal on Golfnow and gave it a try. it starts with a par 3 over water which just sucks, and there is no driving range so you cant warm up, but cant change that.

A novice golfer is not going to enjoy this course.

The course winds through a subdivision and in some cases the holes are hundreds of yards apart. I saw people walking it but it would be a long day.

We played blue tees, which were only 6000 yards but that was a mistake. There are a lot of blind shots and carry shots over water or marsh and playing blue only made it harder. If you are not a good golfer with a dependable driver, stay on white where we belong.

The course is well maintained, its picturesque. A nice place to play. A lot of challenges with water and sand but in spite of that i enjoyed it and will play again.

A big gripe is there are no distance markers on the fairway, and as a first timer i had no idea how far from the pin or from water i was and it made the day more difficult. They could really help visitors if they provided more info on the many lateral hazards and distances from tee to water, or water to green. Bring a range finder or gps if you play.

3's & 5's

Really, really odd design. 4 par 3's on the front, 3 par 5's on the back. Don't really care for that aspect but the course as a whole was in nice shape, fairly friendly staff. It's a nice little place to play. It's a nice place to run to if you want to mix things up. Due to the design it's a real change of pace.

No yardages

I won't play again. How do you not have yardage markers?
I wasn't a fan of layout and condition just ok.

Looking for Profits

This is a decent course. Too bad they do not allow singles to sign up on Golf Now. For that reason I DO NOT recommend this course. Not very golfer friendly.

This course is beautiful!!!

I am a beginner but it doesn't take a seasoned pro to realize you are playing on a beautiful course that is also challenging and rewarding...

Pleasant and fun

Nicely maintained with very pleasant surroundings make this an enjoyable and fun round of golf. Just enough of a challenge on a variety of fair and nicely laid out holes.

Can't beat the price!

I have golfed at tanna farms multiple times and each time I fall more and more in love with it. Where else can you play a full 18 holes where every hole gives you a different look.?! The price is right for this beautiful 18 hole course and I will definitely be back again. The only thing this course is lacking is a practice range and green. If you have a chance to play here, DO IT, and ask about their membership fees. CANT BEAT THEIR OFFER!!

Nice Course in Geneva

Course was in very good shape for August when some courses are dried out. Great value on golfnow.com. Staff was great. Needed a ranger to help pace on the back nine. Food was excellent on the 19th.

Challenging Course

Nice fun course, good conditions and varying layout. Course that is not easy but also fun to score on

Elburn, Illinois
Batavia, Illinois
North Aurora, Illinois
Saint Charles, Illinois

Valid dates: Jun 21, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Sign up for a 2 or 3 Day Golf School and receive accommodations in a villa for the duration of your stay.
Keystone Resort Stay, Play and Save