The River Golf Club

Scorecard for The River Golf Club
Black M: 73.1/129 394 563 406 159 388 418 200 427 487 3442 444 391 406 206 408 461 334 154 601 3405 6847
Blue M: 70.9/126 380 536 381 142 373 357 185 387 464 3205 391 375 385 186 390 431 324 142 551 3175 6380
White M: 69.1/122 358 503 369 115 351 342 169 372 450 3029 372 353 370 165 375 403 315 128 530 3011 6040
Gold M: 67.4/115 W: 66.1/108 340 465 305 105 333 325 153 346 425 2797 362 320 350 140 360 392 305 122 499 2850 5647
Green W: 68.6/115 320 435 285 96 325 234 140 300 345 2480 343 269 303 107 316 380 295 110 478 2601 5081

Year Built 1998
Architect Jim Fazio

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in South Carolina (2016 #7)

Great layout but still dormant

Was very wet after the huge rainfall day before. Greens rolled true and quick. Would like to see in a few weeks.

Masters Special

Played day before attending Masters, so had to pay higher price for playing a local course, which I understand but fee was a bit higher than the experience warranted. Paid $175 per head, which did include lunch. Course in Ok shape, not spectacular. We often forget there is a lot of dormant grass this time of year, which to Northerners looks like dead grass. Not a lot of memorable holes. Staff was accommodating insofar as they let us go off earlier than planned so we could get ahead of some groups getting ready to tee off. So we did play fairly quickly. Not a negative experience, and the practice area was a solid one, but I just felt a bit taken advantage of with the price when all was said and done.

Albatrossx3
Commented On 04/14/2018

Not a lot of memorable holes?

How about 6 with the two tiered green, or 9 a short par 5 with a killer green, or 12, 15, 16 and 17, let alone the killer 18th

I agree, Masters week is ridiculous,, We stayed there and played 5 days for $600

Memorable Layout

We stay at the cottages, and have played here for many years. The course is always in the best condition, for winter, than any course in the area except the obvious one. They overseed the tees, greens and fairways so the playing surfaces are exceptional, and the greens are as fast as any around.

The course is mostly flat with many elevated greens. The layout winds around a central lake, with plenty of gators, but even away from the lake water and wetlands lurk. The property was an old rail yard, and tracks and trestles dot the area.

The greens are some of the toughest to putt, hard to read, large fast with many undulations, avoid 3 putts and you are having a good day.

The cottages are a great way to stay and play, and the staff will set up tee times at other area courses and include in your package.

Best in CSRA

The River Club never disappoints. This course is in excellent condition year round. Staff were very helpful and make your visit easy, on top of that course is great value for money. Overall a great experience each time I visit.

will play again

I take a semi annual vacation to the area to play with a seniors group nearby and on the off day I played this course. The fairways were scalped for over seeding and some spots were still brown on the back 9. the front was very nice. Am planning to go back next Feb and will play on the off day.

Georgia Advisor

Fun and challenging course in great condition

Great golf course in very good condition (the front nine fairways were shaved down in preparation for over-seeding and getting ready for the winter). I have played the course before and the course is always in great condition.

- The bermuda grass greens are in fantastic condition. They are smooth, fast, roll true and have very few ball marks.There are lots of undulations and subtle slopes on the greens which make them challenging.

- The rough is thick and lush and challenging to escape due to the thickness great condition of the rough

- You will not regret playing The River golf course. It is a great track in great condition.

Great shape for Masters week

Course is in excellent condition. Fully green, excellent fairways and greens. Friendly staff and nice pace of play. Played a 4 hour 10 min round on Saturday morning with a packed course.

Fast Greens

I have lived in the area for two years. This course is the best maintained; of all the courses I have played. Greens were faster than I remembered; from the first time I played here. Staff was very courteous and accommodating. No problems.

Perfect

Me and my son played here Saturday and the course was amazing. From tee to green the conditions were great, the greens were absolutely perfect and fast The carts have GPS which is a big help. And it only took us 3:15.to play 18 holes.we will definitely be going back as soon as possible.

Excellent course. Rude staff.

Wonderful golf course in immaculate condition. Staff needs customer service training. Gentleman at counter in the clubhouse was downright belligerent. Actually tracked us down on the course in the midst of our round to scold one of us for making a mistake in booking a tee time online. Woman at the snack bar appeared to really hate her job......no smiles, no "thank you" from anyone. If I'm dropping that kind of money to play a game I want it to be fun...at least pleasant. I won't go out of my way to play there again any time soon.

cmlogue58
Commented On 11/18/2016

So the counter guy comments on my review stating that he is "as nice as he can be" to everyone......and that my statement is false? I think you just proved it to be true! Oh, and I forgot to mention the snarky remark made upon our arrival (we arrived 10 mins ahead of our scheduled tee time, having driven through a detour and a crowded fall festival in North Augusta to get to the course); "you have a flat tire or something?" Furthermore, as previously stated, I didn't make the tee time...another of the guys in our group did. You could have waited until we made the turn or finished our round to chastise us for the error. And when you did approach us, it was with a poor attitude. "i'm just telling you"------basically scolding us for the a mistake. ?maybe you are better suited for picking the range.

holderchris2424
Commented On 11/17/2016

Sir, I kindly let you know that you did make a mistake booking your tee time. I did this as a service so you did not make the same mistake in booking again. I am always as nice as I can be to all players so your comment is false. Thanks

Play The River Club

Definitely a 5 star course greens, fairway, tough, bunkers all in great condition. Lots of challenges no matter which tee box you choose.

Fun to play.

Really enjoyed our day at this course. The greens were fast and the fairways and bunkers were well kept. Would definitely play it again!

Excellent Golf Course

First time to play at this semi-private course and discovered the excellent design of the course. This is one of my favorite golf courses and definitely I would find opportunities to return to this beautiful courses. The bunkers are plentiful in the front 9 holes and water hazards in the back 9 holes making this course challenging yet interesting.

One of my favorites

Great course with excellent greens and fairways.

Best Course in North Augusta

This course is an all around gem. The course is always in excellent condition from tee box to green. The staff is super friendly as well. I travel to Augusta, GA a lot for work and have played all the courses in the area. I find this to be the best all around. If you live in Augusta, GA or over the border in North Augusta this is a must play course for you. The course will challenge any level of golfer.

Great all around course!

Course is always in great shape. Greens are always well maintained. Fairways and rough are always cut and managed. One of the best courses in the area without a doubt. The greens are really what stand out about this course. They roll true and fast. Course is located in a marsh type area so there is plenty of trouble if your not hitting the ball true. Its an overall good fun challenge.

South Carolina course

Highly recommended great course, water holes, and friendly staff!

Overbooked

Stayed backed up every whole very poor scheduling no buffer whatsoever! Paired with another group, not asked but told

Rolling along The River Club

One of the Central Savannah River Area's best clubs. Winter overseeded fairways, excellent greens, fine practice/warmup facilities, and great fellowship on a beautiful day. Played the middle tees (white) with 3 others. Conditions were crowded but really never slowed us up once we got started. With the wet conditions in the area over the last 6 weeks or so, I was expected the course to be less than optimal. It was surprised and pleased with the general conditions. Played one of my best rounds of the year thus far.

Very Nice Course in the Augusta/Aiken Area

I have played this course many times. It remains one of the best conditioned courses in the area. Greens were redone about 3 years ago from bent to Bermuda and it has made all the difference in the world. Overall course conditions are great. I've not had the please of eating in the Clubhouse since I've mostly played in Tournament on their "off day." Still, I would imagine that the food is at least above average.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019