Barefoot Resort & Golf - Love Course

Platinum 72 7047 yards 75.1 139
Scorecard for Love Course
Platinum M: 74.9/141 381 518 191 294 463 403 450 552 235 3487 367 136 456 484 439 228 412 442 596 3560 7047
Black M: 72.4/137 352 483 169 280 443 370 426 525 207 3255 345 123 421 470 402 172 375 420 559 3287 6542
White M: 70.3/130 W: 75.3/134 321 455 144 265 420 340 398 485 187 3015 321 109 393 447 361 154 332 389 534 3040 6055
Green M: 68.4/123 W: 72.9/130 268 455 139 252 400 300 357 468 160 2799 296 109 385 420 361 154 300 353 466 2844 5643
Gold M: 67.0/120 W: 71.0/124 243 437 116 247 395 281 315 444 139 2617 275 100 370 416 337 127 295 345 454 2719 5336

Year Built 2000
Fairways GN-1 Bermuda Grass
Greens Champion UltraDwarf Grass
Architect Davis Love III (2000)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Dyer Golf Academy"

Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt Required

What's not to Love

Played this course for the first time in a few years. Over all the greens like many area courses have recovered well after the winterkill issues. The tee boxes and fairways were a bit lush and fluffy and probably needed to be cut but that was likely a result of the good bit of rain that came down the previous two days. This also caused cart path only but we got out first and had no issues with time. Played in under 4 hours as there were few people on the course ahead of us. My favorite part about this course is that the layout plays fair but is challenging. Additionally, it has a quiet beauty too it and the ruins on holes 4 and 6 add a wonderful touch to the character of the grounds.

second 18 of the day

We played the Dye course in the morning and chose the Love course to play our second 18. It was in much better condition. The greens were nearly perfect. It was a pretty and fun layout that was not overly difficult.

Love at Barefoot

The Love course at Barefoot is a solid track. It's a very playable course for all skill levels, and offers plenty of scoring opportunities for better golfers. I appreciated the mix of holes as there were a nice mix of short/long Par 3s and Par 5s. A few unique holes definitely make this worthy of the play. You can the resort was built as a big money property as there are many nice amenities throughout the resort (GPS Golf Carts, large and beautiful clubhouse, restrooms on the courses, etc.).

If you are playing soon, be aware that the resort suffered some tough weather in the recent months and have a lot of issues with the greens. They were repairing them while I was there. There were about 5-6 greens on each course that were getting partially scraped and sodded.

Play on Wednesday only

Excellent conditions, great clubhouse. Play on the reduced Wednesday rates only though. At $65 it's not worth playing more than once.

Layout is great. Bigger fairways, medium size greens. Every spot on the fairway felt like hitting off carpet.

I've played all Barefoot courses, this one is the best conditioned. I thought the Norman course was the best risk/reward and most memorable, however the greens and fairways are in much better condition on the Love course. Not saying the others are bad, just saying you can tell Barefoot spends their time on the Love course when it comes to maintenance.

Above Average, but not a standout

A fair course. I think it would be lost in the Myrtle Beach mix were it not at Barefoot. The fake ruins on the front nine are OK, I guess, but they don't really do anything for me. The course is OK, but doesn't really have any holes that stand out to me. Just an average round of golf.

Best of the Fazio, Norman, and Love Tracks

We haven't played the Dye course yet, but of the three Barefoot courses we have played, this is the best. The Love Course was in great shape and we loved the layout. It is on the same plot of land as the Norman and Fazio, but the layout is more unique and playable. The biggest difference was around the greens. The Love course has smaller greens, all of which were elevated, with huge collection areas around each one. There are some bunkers, but nothing like the large, deep ones on the Fazio or Norman. There were also some unique touches to the course and the greens rolled very true.

Great Day

We went to Barefoot Resort 11/30-12/3 and had perfect weather. We played all four courses and they were all in great shape. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. The rangers did their best to keep the pace of play but it was slow at time (not the rangers fault, golfers need to know how to speed up play). Very impressed with all four courses and argued amount our group about which was the favorite. Greens were in great shape, fairways immaculate. The package at Barefoot is without a doubt worth the price. Thank you for a great experience.

Worth playing

All Barefoot courses are very well maintain. Played at a discounted rate which makes it an affordable experience. Heavy rain the day before required cart path only conditions, which was understandable.

The Love course is enjoyable to play. No real forced carries, good fairway landing areas and reasonably placed bunkers. The greens rolled a little slow, more do to the wet conditions from the prior day.

Very nice course but overall experience lacking

This course is very nice and the layout is very interesting. The main issue I had with the layout is that it's too punishing. Any shot that's not on the fairway or rough is out of bounds. If you're not a straight hitter you're going to lose a lot of balls and take a lot of penalty strokes. The overall experience was also severely lacking. It felt kind of like disney world where you're just getting shuttled around and it just feels very impersonal. The staff was pretty friendly overall but compared to some of the other courses I play it just felt like I was a number and not a customer if that makes sense.

Wonderful layout, sometimes it's the little things

Was set to go out as a single at 7:10 am on a Sunday, missed the sign to turn into clubhouse as it was still dark, got there to find out range was a shuttle ride away , now I did not have time to use complimentary bucket, got sent out to first tee ( got paired with another single)only to have to wait in fairway as they were still cutting green and spraying it , staff was very helpful and always offering water and ice. Loved the ruins , all greens were true and fast even with the dew. Played in 3.5 hours, has GPS and upon conclusion of roundness they' offered complimentary shoe shine but no one was in locker room to do it . Frustrated with my play I asked if I could still go hit my bucket and they did arrange for it, grass range but balls were in awful condition. To make it a truly wonderful experience I wish I knew range was not on course,and they should have held us till 7:20 and they need new range balls , I will be back to try other 3 courses

1st Day Myrtle Beach World Am...what a disappointment

I have come to dread drawing any Barefoot Resort course in the Myrtle Beach World Am. I have come to the conclusion that Barefoot Resort does not hold World Am players in very high regard. They know they have guaranteed revenue from the World Am so course conditions be damned. With as many guaranteed players as Barefoot Resort gets on their courses from the 5 days of the World Am, you would think they would hold off punching and sanding their greens one more week...which is not that big a deal. But, nope...largest single site tournament in the world and Barefoot greens are punched and sanded. Happens every time I draw one of their courses.

And, staff...rude, unfriendly, and not helpful at all.

I would love to see the World Am staff tell Barefoot that unless they treat us a little better and hold off punching and sanding their greens until after the tournament...they would not play their courses again. It sucks.

Now for the Love course. Over the years, the conditioning has gotten worse. Not very well manicured. Their "ruins" (no idea why this is even on the course) has just become a vine covered wall of no significance. Looks ugly.

Class act

Very nice course. Lots of little amenities. Towel, ice chest on cart, GPS, comp. tees, ball washer and club washer on cart. Great time. Great shape from tees to fairways to greens. Some forced carries. some water plenty of sand. Great time. Would recommend.

Love the Love

Always on my play list for my annual trip here. Very friendly staff. Fun course with different ways to attack holes and some interesting greens. Pace of play was good even though it was crowded. (Wednesday's have discounted rates.

Spectacular layout and overall beautiful course

We have played Fazio and Love so far in the Barefoot area and we enjoyed Love by far. It is a beautiful course with some challenging shots on greens that give way to collection areas on the back. You need to be accurate with your club selection, but it is very enjoyable course to play. We played it with a group of 8 people with handicaps ranging from 2 to 25 and we all enjoyed it. Recommended in the Myrtle Beach area!

Avoid Barefoot At All Costs

Jim Griffiths

ยท May 1, 2017

This a review of the overrated, overpriced and overbooked Barefoot Golf Facility that I posted to Yelp this past Saturday.

We were a group of 18 who played the Love course at Barefoot today. As we were about to play the 10th hole, the ranger placed 3 foursomes ahead of us including a group that was playing an 8 person scramble as the course was "double booking". As a result we had to wait 10-15 minutes on every shot during the back nine which took over three hours to play. We spoke to the ranger who told us to talk to the pro shop. The pro shop could not have been less helpful, understanding or accommodating. The words that they used with an arrogant and obnoxious shrug of the shoulders were "it is what it is".

Rude and disrespectful. Avoid at all costs!

Loved the course

Our foursome played all 4 Barefoot courses and we were split between the Love and Dye courses for #1. Very enjoyable layout that provided challenge but options. Would definitely play here again.

Enjoyable

Good layout,enjoyable for two intermediate mid teen handicappers.We had breakfast prior to each of our rounds in their excellent clubhouse facilities and first class staff in both pro shop and restaurant made this a very nice experience.When we turned up to play Fazio in the rain and mid thirties cold temperatures the next day they must have realized we enjoyed their courses...that or we were starved of golf up north in winter!

It's like 2 different courses.

This course plays like two completely different tracks with the front nine being scenic and fun and the back nine being unmemorable and generic. Fairways, bunkers and greens were in good shape but it seemed like the greens had recently been aerated and were a bit slow and bumpy. I found the staff to be very professional and cordial from start to finish. Coming from North Jersey where most municipal courses will cost you $50 bucks to play with a cart, this place was a steal for $63!

Great course greens had been air rated

Golf now should now if the greens have been air rated the other three courses greens had not been done yet.Other than the greens the course was in good shape a few spotty areas .vFor the money it was a good option.

Very nice but over priced

The LOVE course was very nice, great shape and the pace of play was good. Only problem was they sent us off 10 and we were told we couldnt get off the front 9 for 2.5 hours. Kinda of stupid but we ended up getting off in between 2 groups that were running late. Course seems to cater to its members, which is fine, but at $105 I would expect a little special attention.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019
4980 Barefoot Resort Bridge Rd., North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29582, Horry County
(866) 638-4818, (843) 390-3200