The Golf Club at Brickshire

Carts: Yes - included in green fee

Practice bunker: Yes
Indoor practice facilities: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: Amex MasterCard Visa card(s) Welcomed

Burgundy 72 6723 yards 72.5 139

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Course map was not made available.

Very good layout but early spring conditions....not green and dry.

"New Ownership, hopefully a new course"

Kenneth6474328's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

I used to play Brickshire several times a year, but it’s been awhile. After playing it yesterday, it will be awhile before I return. The homeowners just bought the property from the negligent prior owner and it will be managed by a new company. Will wait to see how things shape up before I return. It’s a shame because it is a great layout and has such huge potential. Fix it, please!!!

"Beautiful"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

I really enjoyed this course. Would love to play there every day.

"Being upgraded"

golf5231's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

This course was recently purchased by the Homeowners Association and the course and facilities are being significantly upgraded. The Bermuda is still dormant but the greens (recently aerated) are in good shape. Course is very player friendly but yet presents challenges for golfers of all levels. Beware of sloping fairways. Beautiful, challenging closing hole.

baybird's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/28/2017

charlesgray's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2017

Very pleased with everything. Playing it again on sat.

"Course was better than advertised!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/16/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

After reading some reviews on here, I was very concerned about spending money to play here. I hadn't played Brickshire in probably 15 years so I thought, "I'll play one more time."

The day was wet and had rained about 30 minutes before I teed off. The course was in great shape! The fairways were very good, the greens were very good (not perfect) but a LOT better than some of these reviews I've read. The ONLY thing I would hope they do is empty the trash cans on the course. This course is still nice and I will certainly go back again.

"Disappointed"

golfgramps's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/08/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Check in not overly friendly. Had a gas cart that was not working properly. It should have not been sent out. Through 18 holes a strong smell of gas and motor was very uneven. Sand bunkers were very poorly kept. Last 11 holes very slow. No one came around to check speed of play. Very disappointed. Have played there before and in much better condition.

"Course has seen better days."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Nice course, as I'd played it before, and played it again with a friend who suggested.it based upon his skill level. While we had to course to ourselves other than the last 2 holes (someone must have jumped in front), it appears apparent that the course has seen better days. Greens were slow, fairways/tees/rough were a bit ragged in spots. Too bad, because with the 5 sets of tees its is a course for all skill levels.

"Great layout"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/25/2017

This course advertises itself as "player friendly", and it certainly was. The staff was great, and the course was a lot of fun with sloping fairways, interesting greens, and challenging bunkering. The 18th hole is a great closer. The only problem was that the course showed more adverse effects from the recent drought than any of the other three courses that my wife and I played on our vacation. In particular the fairways were pretty much completely burnt out, although the greens and surrounding areas were in great shape. I would definitely recommend this course.

"Buyer Beware"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2017

I've played this course a ton of times. Used to play it 5 years ago and now I've played it twice in 2 weeks. This course isn't worth regular price. Always use an app or discount. My issue is the staff. This course gets $70-97 a person. I'm playing one weekend and like all Williamsburg courses, it's extremely hilly. Long story short, I hit the break hop out the cart, the cart takes off and hits a tree. It cracks some plastic on the back of the cart. Instead of being concerned with if I'm ok or what happened, the guy comes on the course a few holes later and interupts my round to tell me he's gonna send me a bill. The next week while I'm playing, the same guy comes on the course in the middle of my round asking for my email address. This is just not how you do business. He could careless if I'm ok just can I get a couple of hundred bucks to fix some cracked plastic on this still very much working/operational golf cart. Needless to say I won't be back and I didn't give them any info. They have paid for that cart several times each day they are open.

"Beautiful Day"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2017

80 degrees sun shining and love the fact we had course to ourself , but is also a shame . This is a beautiful layout , challenging and variety of lengths . Have stated in earlier reviews , love a course where can use every club . Great layout , good shape and cannot beat pace . Tuesday afternoon and never saw anyone close to us. Greens could use a little work , but overall great shape . Come and play and you will come back . Look at course overview online and see the replica holes of Augusta , St Andrews , Pinehurst and Riviera Country Club. If you are a local price is right for anyone living Richmond .

"Disappointing"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

This course seems to be at a "beginning of the end" phase. Don't know how it is doing financially, my feeling is not well. Maintenance was at a minimum. You couldn't even buy a sleeve of balls at the "pro shop".

"Beautiful golf course"

rico333333's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2017

Brickshire is one of my favorite courses around the Williamsburg area. The staff was wonderful, very nice and friendly. The layout of the course speaks for itself, it's one of the best in the area. The only issue was the greens, they are still recovering from being punched some time ago. It was impossible to putt anything, the ball would bounce and randomly shot left or right and made it impossible to hve a chance at anything. I threw two darts withthin 6 feet and I had no chance to convert the putt to a bird. The greens will bounce back in a week or so, it wouldn't even prevent me from playing but there again tomorrow. PLAY THIS COURSE!

"Not what it once was"

Dalelee74's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2017

The course is in average shape. The greens are ok. Tee boxes and fairways are weed filled and in rough shape. I found out when I started playing that the course was for sale and you can tell. It has a few holes that are replicas of famous holes from around the world. The staff is excellent. They made me feel like they wanted me there and was glad I came to play golf.

"Great course, great challenge"

Keith1064722's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

I had been waiting to play this course because I knew it would be challenging. Well, it was! It was mildly windy during my round. However, the course does play longer than its yardage, I believe. I played from the Blue tees (6392) which is about my normal yardage and I had only 1 GIR. Most of the holes are uphill the entire hole or on your second shot. Also, the bunkers are very strategically located. My only negative (and I'm nitpicking here) is that the greens could have been a little faster. Overall, this course was as good as I anticipated. I recommend this course to everyone looking for a good challenge!

"The tradition continues"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/27/2016

Love this course . Allows you to use all your clubs and swing at them . Very natural feel being in we'll developed neighborhood . Greens a little mornptchy than usual here and standing water in places . Was trying to remember when it timed last but beingnI live about 45 miles away figured they must of had more than southwest chesterfield had seen . Staff is great , they are serving Blts cheeseburgers in the grill and great view of the beautiful 18th hole . One of my favorite courses in the area .

"Great Challenge"

gunny64's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/07/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

The course had lots challenges, must be confident with driver on the tee. Because if not it could find one of the many bunkers on some holes.The greens were in good condition and rolled true. The staff was great especially the starter who gave a great outlook of the course. Will play again in the future.

"Doesn't anyone else like to share"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather

Reading reviews and I'm the last one from year and half ago. Well here goes again. I absolutely love this course. Short long bends right bends left and by far the best closing hole in the midatlantic. Such a variety and with the multiple tees you select your own challenge. Yes in a well developed area but the course has a great natural feel. Fairways laid out so you can take a real swing. As my last review , when Curtis Strange deigned the course he picked one hole from Augusta , St. Andrews , Rivieria and Pinehurst No, 2 so copy and just adds to the whole experience. The staff is outstanding , friendly and really give you a most welcome feeling. Practice surfaces very good and pro shop and bar very nice. Only negative is Bar area serves no real food mainly chips salsa but great place for drinks after round . After round grap beer in very nice lounge overlooking the beautiful 18 th. Lol playing partner, who had never played here before , returned the cart as I went in to clean up and when met him at pro shop he had already booked us a tee time for next week. Guess who will be back soon. What more can you say.

"Love fall golf"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/31/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

What a beautiful course. Love a course where I can use all my clubs. Traps , elevations and rolling fairways and greens make for a fun and challenging day. Fairways very fair and allow you to go for the distance. Where else could you play St Andrews, Augusta, Riviera Country club and Pinehurst no. 2 all in the same day. Love the variety of lengths, especially with fairways wide enough to let you have at it. Conditions excellent , plenty distance markers and the website is great. Used there course hole viewer with yardage and directions to help attack each hole. One of my top two courses in the area and have not even talked the facilities such as the great putting surface , chipping green and clubhouse. This is a must play in the Richmond market , you will thouroughly enjoy this course. Oh PS, watch the ball into the rough around all the fairways and greens. Easy to play out of but it will eat your ball and you will never find it. We tried optic yellow and pure white and if you are not standing on top of it you will not find it. Only reason good pace of play , was looking for balls in rough and I'm talking just off the fairways and greens , not into the trees. Thanks to all the previous players who did not pay attention to their distance in , we found more titleist and Srixon just looking for ours. I was pin high three yards off green and almost never found ball, and knew it was there.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent