Type Public/Resort
Combo 72 5400 yards 71.8 130
Silver 72 4084 yards 60.7 103
Silver (W) 72 4084 yards 64.2 114
Scorecard for TPC Stadium
Tournament M: 75.8/148 445 371 471 192 535 255 346 559 452 3626 416 617 363 214 389 468 600 168 439 3674 7300
Championship M: 73.1/140 382 348 448 170 514 223 309 526 430 3350 380 591 347 195 372 436 517 146 405 3389 6739
Combo M: 71.2/136 W: 71.9/128 358 348 383 170 514 187 309 526 382 3177 351 530 347 167 372 404 517 131 387 3206 6383
Regular M: 70.2/133 W: 76.4/143 358 328 383 151 496 187 295 486 382 3066 351 530 308 167 348 404 474 131 387 3100 6166
Gold W: 73.7/137 334 320 356 133 460 146 281 471 362 2863 327 482 287 153 328 367 463 112 318 2837 5700
Red W: 70.2/124 304 290 327 111 437 133 240 429 313 2584 294 442 249 105 293 338 428 83 276 2508 5092

Year Built 1987
Architect Pete Dye (1987)

Practice Hole Yes

Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 50

Not for the average golfer

This is course is not meant for the average golfer. Very difficult holes, many forced carries, very deep rough in spots. I consider myself a better golfer and this course completely beat me up, and it was not fun. For example, lost a ball 2 feet off the fairway. The round was also very slow in 100 degree heat, and very bad bugs on the first 5 holes (bring spray if you are playing in the morning). The greens were recently punched so dont expect good roll on your putts, also many of the bunkers were not maintained. The course Marshall was not very friendly (The course was empty behind us so I started over after 8 since it was so slow in front of us. The starter obliged, but for some reason was totally annoyed when he saw me on 16 again. Not sure I understood what happened) . I would have expected more from this course.
Staff Friendliness Fair
Off-course amenities Good
Course Conditions Fair
Value for the Money Fair
Course Layout Fair

Love this course

Always great to play this course. Tee boxes and fairways were in great condition, but the condition of the greens were very disappointing. I checked the maintenance schedule and trusted when they said that if the course is open, that its playable. True...course had been opened a couple weeks after maintenance, but the greens were patchy dirt and grass. Very bumpy, sandy, and no true rolls. Not sure if it was just the hot weather or some other issue. I played the course once before a few summers ago and the greens were awesome. Just disappointing to hit the green and have no chance to make a putt. I played on an Underpar deal (free replay), so the price was right...I would still recommend the course as its an iconic layout and very challenging. Staff is top-notch and very accommodating.
Course Conditions Good
Course Layout Excellent

Very poor conditions ASK before giving your $$ how bad the course is.

Just finished spending a week in the Palm SPringgs area for a week of vacation golf. The highlight of the trip was a round at the PGA West Stadium course. My nephew booked the course and we were all set. Pro shop took our cash and off we went. Not ONE word as to the condition of the course. The range was in great condition so it looked as if it was going to be a great day. From the first tee, it was abundantly clear that even true resort courses at HALF the price were i better condition. The tee boxes were sandy and half were filled with brown spots. The fairways were pocked with brown spots. And then the greens! I never have seen so much sand spread on greens. Even the fringe and second cuts were loaded with sand. I get the fact that all courses need to aerate and sand for primo conditioning but these greens looked like they were punched at least 3 weeks ago and should not have had this much sand. My biggest issue was the fact that the pro shop guys said NOTHING about the course conditions.!! Had they mentioned this at all, at the very least, I would have had a choice to withdraw and play elsewhere. But to say nothing, take the money was a real bait and switch to me. While $99 is a relative bargain for this course, it was way overpriced for the conditions. We paid $39 for one resort course that totally eclipsed the conditions found this day. Never again PGA West, never again
Staff Friendliness Fair
Off-course amenities Average
Course Conditions Poor
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Average
c6c274f2-a6b6-5ac6-b25b-5e47baa29f51
PGAWest
Commented On 07/11/2018
Thank you for the recent comments on The Stadium Course at PGA WEST. We appreciate the time and effort that you put into your review - any feedback we receive from our guests is invaluable in our quest for continuous improvement. At the time you played, the course had just come out of an aerification and it generally takes ten days for the course to recover. However, the greens (and some fairways) took longer to recover because of the extreme heat and humidity we have been experiencing this summer. Aggressive summer agronomic practices are necessary to help promote healthy turf conditions - and it is not an exact science. The other courses in the valley perform aerification at various times during the summer so all courses are not in the same condition at the same time. There are also different varieties of bermudagrass at different courses (we have three different types throughout our 9 courses) and they do not all react and recover the same. We feel badly that you did not enjoy your round - that is not the way we want anyone to leave after playing PGA WEST. Please contact our General Manager, Darrin Harn at 760-564-7105 so we can learn more and invite you back to play under better circumstances.

Worst course conditions I ever played in my life

Should have taken pictures. It is hard to describe the condition of the greens. They were recently aerated but I have played recently aerated greens before and this was no excuse. 40% of the "greens" was DIRT. and excoriated dirt also. The tee boxes were lousy, the fairways were AWFUL but the greens were laughable. Everyone in my foursome agreed. We played other courses in the area during the 5 days we were there (some also recently aerated) and they were light years ahead of this course. Luckily I paid only $45....but I wouldn't waste my time if it was for FREE!!!!
Staff Friendliness Average
Staff Friendliness Good
Off-course amenities Good
Course Conditions Good
Staff

Play The Course The Pros Play!

The Stadium Course at PGA West is a true test of your game. It puts a premium on your approach shots as well as your tee shots. The course was in great shape and I managed to not fall victim to the infamous bunker on 16! The finishing stretch of 16,17, and 18 is one of my favorite in golf. Such variety and beauty in each hole! Can't wait to play here again.

One off Bucket List

Great facility and the golf is challenging, but not as tough as the starter would make you think. The Stadium course was on the list because it's a Tour stop. The condition in late May was only fair and our round Memorial Day weekend was 5.5 hours. Great company and getting to play 16,17 and 18 well made the day!
Course Conditions Average

Fun day in the desert

Fortunately was able to get a deal time so was a really good value. The course was in great shape from tee to green. Really love the greens here. Roll true and the speed I like, firm, fast, and consistent, but not lighting quick. The only beef I have, if you want to call it that, is that some of the clientele tend not to want to fix their divots. Would definitely play here again.
Pace of Play Good
Course Layout Good

Test ur GAME

Fair test w every shot a challenge. Very fun test of your skills. A must play when u come to the desert.
Request A Vacation Quote From La Quinta Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at La Quinta Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019