Beachwood Golf Club

Beachwood Golf Club
Scorecard for Beachwood
Blue M: 72.0/130 527 366 396 172 391 402 343 187 546 3330 328 404 360 397 575 199 386 488 224 3361 6691
White M: 69.9/128 504 344 374 147 371 387 324 169 510 3130 305 352 341 377 549 180 361 463 193 3121 6251
Gold M: 68.2/124 W: 71.8/120 475 326 352 129 333 369 304 152 494 2934 294 335 319 357 523 159 339 438 180 2944 5878
Black M: 65.2/109 W: 68.8/117 469 275 273 111 292 295 276 130 474 2595 245 321 304 339 465 152 317 406 107 2656 5251
Red M: 63.3/105 W: 67.0/113 443 270 267 88 247 287 264 125 404 2395 237 297 251 272 455 147 286 395 101 2441 4836

Year Built 1968
Architect Gene Hamm

Walking Allowed No

Response from Beachwood Management on 10/17/2018:
We're happy to hear you found a good value playing Beachwood. See you soon!

Nice Course

We were scheduled to play on October 11th but that day the remnants of Hurricane Micheal hit the North Myrtle Beach area. I called the course and the pro shop rescheduled us for October 12th with out a problem. They had a few downed trees on the course but the trees were not in the way of play. The course was in good condition considering what occurred the day before. Loved the course so much, returned on October 14th.

Response from Beachwood Management on 10/19/2018:
We're happy to hear you were able to play a round of golf after the storm! Thank you for rating the course 4-stars. See you soon!

The Worst Round Ever!! Staff Terrible!!

This was the worst experience I have ever had as a golfer. As a female golfer I appreciate the expectation of good golf ediquette on the course and would never believed that I had to deal with this situation. The threesome ahead of us hired either a stripper or a hooker to pose for them as they putted each hole. This woman had such short shorts, no clubs and the starter had allowed her on the course. We complained to the clubhouse via the cart girl and still nothing was done. We were not offered any compensation for this experience.

Response from Beachwood Management on 10/17/2018:
We're sorry to hear about your experience on the golf course. We can assure you this is not the customer service our course is looking to provide golfers. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Great Value with GolfNow prices!

Still recovering from Hurricane Florence with some downed trees and saturated soil. #9 par 5 cart path only. Despite that the course was easily playable with the greens in good shape.

Would play again in drier conditions. Good warmup track.

Response from Beachwood Management on 10/17/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review and recommendation!

Great Course!

Even better staff! Very friendly, outgoing! Will definitely will play this course again, when in MB.

Response from Beachwood Management on 10/17/2018:
Thank you for playing Beachwood and sharing your 5-star experience. See you soon!

Course is over priced!!!!!!!

I reserved this tee time thru Golf Now and was looking forward to playing this course because I have never played it. This course has a nice layout and is set up for the average hacker to score. The greens were to slow and the tee boxes are slated. Makes for setting up your tee shot at times a challenge if you are trying place a tee shot in the right spot of the fairway. I understand that a hurricane just came thru a few weeks ago, but the greeens were very very very slow. I will play this course again if the price is $25 instead of $50 I paid today. There are other courses in area that are much worth the price to pay and asking $50 is I think is nuts. I guess that’s the price the snow bunnies have to pay coming from up north.

Response from Beachwood Management on 10/17/2018:
We're sorry to hear you were not able to recommend the course at this time. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Enjoyable!

Course was well designed and as I’m older all holes was well within my reach (from the gold) and fairways were plenty wide allowing ones ball to remain in play even on miss hits.....we’ll worth the money and a good value!!

Will play again on a return trip to Myrtle Beach!

Response from Beachwood Management on 10/17/2018:
We look forward to seeing you on a return trip to Myrtle Beach. Thank you for the 4-star review!

Beachwood was Good

Course was in good shape considering the hurricane just occurred a few days earlier.Great value for the price.

Response from Beachwood Management on 10/17/2018:
Thank you for commenting on the excellent course conditions. See you soon!
Response from Beachwood Management on 10/17/2018:
Thank you for playing Beachwood and rating the course 4-stars!

Couple of Green's on front 9 we're a little rough, back 9 good, most of the Tee box nothing but sand.

Response from Beachwood Management on 10/17/2018:
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. See you soon!

Great course for handicap golfer

Beachwood is a course I always come back to. Yardage not too long, wide fairways, not too much water, grounds well kept, friendly staff, great value.

Response from Beachwood Management on 10/17/2018:
Thank you for playing Beachwood and sharing your 5-star experience!

No frills, old school feel

Front 9 is tight with big trees and some water hazards. This place is one of those that you need to play a couple of times to learn where to hit the ball off the tee based on a few of the sharp dogleg holes. Overall, it was in really good shape. Greens were in super condition at a nice speed for holing putts. Busy feel around the proshop based on the number of people playing, but that’s just an observation. It didn’t really bother me any. #18 is a par 3, and 235yds from the championship tees, which always feels like a let down in my book. I’d recommend playing here for sure, especially if you can get on for around $40 or so.

Response from Beachwood Management on 10/17/2018:
We're happy to hear you enjoyed playing Beachwood. Thank you for commenting on the excellent course conditions. See you soon!
Response from Beachwood Management on 10/17/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review!

Info

This is one of my favorite courses to play on THE STRAND , as usual the course was as usually in very good shape! Play it !!!

Response from Beachwood Management on 08/09/2018:
Thank you for playing Beachwood and rating the course 4-stars!

Great old style course but slow play

Great old style course but you will encounter a number of beginners. They tend to jam the tee time together . We got there at first tee on time only to find 3 flights ahead of us. So we started some 30 mins late. Old style course wider fairways but lots of beginners playing this course. We waited 1-5 mins before every shot. On the turn we had to wait again as they cramp in a number of 9 holes plays ahead of us . It was a 5 hr round.

Response from Beachwood Management on 08/09/2018:
Thank you for playing Beachwood and sharing your experience with the pace of play! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Flat Track

Average, average, average. Not a great couse, but good for the money. Tee boxes need some TLC, but overall good condition of the course. Easy layout led to some good scoring opportunities. Friendly staff added to the experience.

Response from Beachwood Management on 07/25/2018:
Thank you for playing Beachwood and rating the course 4-stars!

Avoid this course

Played the first 9 in 2 hours. I had the first tee time as planned. At the turn the course started groups on the 10th hole out of pure greed. There were two groups in the fairway and three waiting to tee off, which I was somehow now behind. I left not wanting to play a 6-7 hour round. The course put money ahead of customer service. Shame on them for doing this. Why would any course do this? They care about money not their customers is the bottom line. If you don’t cancel your tee time after reading this and it happens to you, it all your fault. You have been warned. Avoid Beachwood golf club.

Good Course

Solid course with good conditions. I don't like the fact that walking isn't allowed at any time, but the course has been around for 35 years or whatever, so that hasn't hurt them I don't suppose. The two par 5s on the back are really good. The 18th hole is a long par 3; this is the first thing remotely "controversial" that I've seen from Gene Hamm and I liked it. Makes the course more memorable, I think.

Challenging layout

This is a challenging but fun golf course. Dog-leg holes in both directions, challenging pin placements, with appropriate bunkers. This is a course that demands good shots, but gives you adequate landing areas off the tee. Greens were firm, but receptive to good iron shots. The greens were not overly quick, but were a little rough. My biggest complaint would be that there needs to be more drinking water available for the golfers and the beverage cart never came around on the back nine.

Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 07/12/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We're glad you enjoyed the challenge, and we hope you join us for another round soon.
Response from Beachwood Golf Club on 07/12/2018:
Hello, Jose. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.
Little River, South Carolina