Located in Little River, S.C., Eagle Nest opened in 1971 and was designed by Golf Course Architect Gene Hamm. The layout is laid out across 250 acres of gently rolling land, rare for a course near Myrtle Beach. The course has been upgraded recently and includes a set of "Perch" tee boxes that play over 8,100 yards, making it the state's longest golf course.

Super senior and player-friendly tee boxes up front have also been installed. This traditional low country layout features not only rolling undulations in it but mature Carolina pines, an abundance of wildlife and beautiful natural landscaping.

Eagle Nest Golf Club

Year Built 1971
Architect Gene Hamm (1971)

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Showers

Greens are sandy/aerated?

This was the first time I’ve played this course. It’s got some good recent reviews but when I played there I didn’t get the same experience. The greens keeper said they did another form of aeration 2 days ago (just 9 weeks after aeration) and the greens were covered with sand. This made the greens impossibly slow and unreliable. The course layout was fine. It had some bare spots but that’s to be expected. Come early August and you may get a better course in regards to playability and greens.

Commented on 07/30/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for your feedback! Please be assured that we are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Eagle Nest Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Eagles Nest

Super friendly staff! Course was in good condition except for the greens that had been recently aerated and had a heavy layer of sand . Would recommend playing this course if in the area.

Great day at the eagles nest

The eagles nest was in great shape. The value for the money was spot on. The landscaping they do all around especially on the par 3’s is picture-esk. We were the first tee time which assured us of a pace of play where we would not be held up. Our three-some was done in about 3 hours... with out hurrying... the course is a must play for us while on our annual family vacation. I don’t know why their green were in such fine shape and able to roll the putts rather than have to hit the ball, where other courses in the area have all kinds of issues in this regard and they charge much more for their green fees. This is a definite course to play while in the area...

Improved

The course 45 years ago was in excellent condition with bent grass greens when I was a teenager. Then introducing the course to my son 20 years later, upkeep on the course had slacked but greens were still bent and in good shape. The course I played on 7-16- 20 had good tee boxes, terrific fairways, nice rough in places, and the greens were awesome with the new style bermuda that hold iron shots and putt true to your line. The other two high priced courses I played this week were in better condition but the greens were atrocious for putting and chipping.
Making Eagle Nest well worth the green fee they charge

Playing behind a Five Some

Starter allowed a five some to play together on a day full of foursomes. They were club regulars, asked why they were allowed to play together. Starter said if they hold up play, that would be taken care of. Never happened and they fell behind the pace of the foursome ahead of them. Ruined a beautiful day for a round of golf

Great course and layout

Enjoyed playing the course with the exception the course was soaked from previous rain. Nice layout and in great condition. Will play this course again.

Good day of golf

Fairways good, greens a little bumpy. Very generous distances for ladies tees.

Be Sure To Play This Course

We had a great time at Eagle Nest. The morning was rained out but the great staff allowed to come back later in the day and complete our round. Highly recommended.

long time coming

I played this course approximately 15 years ago. so I wanted to come back and replay this course. Up till I played the final 2 holes I was having a good round. Course was challenging but fair. The clubhouse was not open due to COVID 19 restrictions and only took cash. did not have the money but they starters still let me go out. They allowed me to go out an come back to settle my bill. I will play this course again.

Greens were great

I have played this course several years ago and it lacked attention.
The day we played it was a great place to play. There were areas of mounded sand but that did not take away from the course.
Looking forward to playing more on the future!

Needs TLC

Nice layout but not very pretty to the eye. Lots of piles of sand lying around. Some bunkers over-run with weeds. Greens were nice but VERY slow. Was told they had been over-seeded recently but was like putting on a fairway. Friendly staff with good pace of play..

Commented on 06/11/2020

Hi, Masolo. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the current conditions of the course sand traps and bunkers are very important to us. Please know that we are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Eagle Nest Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Great layout and really good conditions

First time playing and my wife and I can’t wait to go back. Course was in fine shape. Back greens just coming from aeration but no effect on play. Really liked the setup of course. Short but never boring. Lots of natural challenges with water and well placed bunkers and trees. Pace was really good for a Saturday morning. Staff was welcoming.

Losing Greens

Course was very good. However greens were sanded and it looked like they were losing some of them/ Lots of bare spots. Some bumpy spots on the greens.

Great Experience

Had a great time at Eagle Nest. This was our first time playing at this course and was impressed. The staff from the pro shop to the starter were very friendly and made us feel welcome. The starter was great conversation at #1. He also made rounds to ensure the pace was held and back tracked to find the golfer that lost a head cover. We all know, some times golf courses miss that "make you feel good", this one did not. I highly recommend Eagle Nest. Great time!

Nice course, but strange tee placements

The course was in very good shape and the pin placements were challenging given the undulating greens. I played from the gold tees which on several holes were way too far forward.

Longs, South Carolina