Eagle Nest Golf Club

Practice bunker: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Eagle Nest provides all the beauty you would expect at a South Carolina resort course. Gently rolling terrain. Tall pines lining the fairways. Cypress trees growing in ponds; willow trees gracing their banks. But the real beauty lies in the way architect Gene Hamm set up the course.

Hamm starts you off easy, giving you a virtually straight-away par five, handicap 14, stretching 492 yards from the whites. Then follows that with a delightful little 332 yard par four, dogleg right, handicap 16. And by the time you make your way around the ponds and pines through the next thirteen holes, you'll be ready for Hamm's big finale, what many consider the three toughest finishing holes on the Grand Strand.

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city near local attractions   Great for seniors locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks

"Save Your Money"

Dogski64's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

I really have to question how individuals could rate this course above 3 stars, even being generous. Recent reviews mentioned the condition of the greens, however they were beyond awful. Several were being replaced and only have about 1/2 to 1/3 of the green playable. Even the playable greens were ridiculous. I only booked it as a last minute hot deal to get in a quick round and I am glad I didn't spend more than $23.00. The layout wasn't terrible, tee boxes were alright, fairways fair. I would not play this course again, even if someone else paid for my round.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 06/13/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course Eagle Nest. We appreciate you choosing to play our course, but we are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us was poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements and hope you will notice some improvements with our greens during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon out here in Myrtle Beach.

Bernie2048's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

cphillips4409's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2018

Beautiful course but some greens were in very bad shape and they didnt give us a heads up about the greens. They even asked us if we’ve played here before but left that part out. Still one of the best courses ive played in the area.

"A very pleasant golf round"

biggull's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018

My wife and I played as a twosome and had very enjoyable round. Went out at 1 pm and moved along very well. Fairways were excellent and a few greens needed some improvement. Will certainly play the course again.

"Eagle Nest"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I enjoyed the course.

Greens are in bad shape like most in the area from the oddly cold winter we had.

"Worst greens I’ve ever seen"

mmurrell1982's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018

Clearly they’ve had some issues but these greens were beyond awful. No warning they had any issues with the greens when we checked in. Will likely never be back.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 06/04/2018:

Hello, on behalf of Eagle Nest Golf Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

"Frost damage to fairways and greens"

u742200770's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2018

Greens were punched and sanded, there was no notification on golf now at time of booking. Could have saved money by paying at the course, they were discounting green fees due to airification of the greens. Very disappointed with Golfnow for not posting a warning.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 06/04/2018:

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Eagle Nest Golf Club. We're very sorry to hear you may have had a poor customer experience with us recently, and we appreciate your feedback so we may work on improvements for your future experience with us. We apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding in regards to your reservation and hope we can better clarify in the future if necessary. Thank you for choosing our course in the Little River, SC area, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Eagles Nest"

u539691912's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Very nice course for higher handicap golfers. Problems we faced on this trip was that the course was very wet and cart path only.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 06/01/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Eagle Nest Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a great value for you, so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Little River area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Improving"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2018

Played this course many times and always loved it. This time greens were pretty bad thru no fault of their own. It was a tough winter on all courses in this area. We could see improvement over a few weeks ago and expect continued improvement but I felt to be honest I had to take a star off.

RG6277D4218D6886BA87's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2018

Since they were airrating the greens we were only able to play the front nine. Interesting course. Nice variety with the holes,some water, some sand, some dog legs. I'd like to play it again when the whole course is open.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2018

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 05/29/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

"Stuck behind a 5some"

maxjulian27's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2018

The fairways and tee boxes hadn’t been mowed in about a week. We got stuck behind some sort of golf trip that had an odd number of players so they were allowed to play a 5some. 5 hour round and inconsistent greens. You get what you pay for.

Response from Eagle Nest Golf Club on 05/24/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Eagle Nest Golf Club, in the Little River, SC area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the fairways and tee boxes so we may work towards any necessary improvements. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Pleasant surprise"

John3723056's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2018

I’m on vacation in MB and as always, look to recent reviews for an enjoyable experience. After discovering many courses have suffered from winter time woes, I settled on Eagles Nest and came away very satisfied. Course offers a nice challenge and overall, good conditions. My only negative was the pace of play where I was paired up with two gents whose antics and preshot routines reminded me of what we see on TV. My numerous reminders to pick up our pace were dismissed. No ranger to enforce pace either.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018

"Getting better Everyday"

bej7013's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018

I haven't played here in about 2 months. The work they have been doing the past two years on the course is starting to show. Clearing of trees, sprinkler and drainage systems, are all starting to pay off. This course is well worth the price and is in a lot better shape than some of the other course in the area.

"Great golf for early May!"

SharonFoster's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

We booked through GolfNow.com since we didn't know the area or courses, so we got a great deal. We played 3 courses this week, and the conditions at Eagle Nest were the best of the 3 courses. Pro shop was helpful and even gave us a "come back again" coupon which we ended up using that Saturday before we returned home to New England. There were definintely some challenging holes with the water hazards and bunker placement, especially the last three holes. Had a great time and will play there again when we come back to the Myrtle Beach area.

"A must play course"

jimmy8248135's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

I was taken by the plushnes of this gem. Great layout with some challenging holes. The greens rolled true and the fairways were a joy to play from. No hardpan fairways here. My only 2 negatives were pace of play is horrible and only one fairway a slight drainage problem. Other than that...this is a must play course. Will definitely play this course again and everytime I come back. I played Beachwood as well....this course is BETTER! My opinion. 11 handicap

"First time."

tooncuckoo's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018

Very nice course a pleasure to play. Need to play a couple of times as there are a couple of blind shots. Would certainly play again.

"Play more"

tooncuckoo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018

Except for a few greens which were patchy the course was in much better condition than most of the courses we played in Myrtle Beach. Staff very friendly. Good course layout and tees for all levels.

Brentray1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

I love playing this course. I play there multiple times per month and have for serveral years. The staff is always friendly. However, my last 4 rounds there have been 5 hours plus! Weekend and middle of week. There certainly needs to be more of a marshall presence to speed up the pace of play. When it takes 5-6 hours to play a round of 18, it somewhat takes the enjoyment out of it.