Type Private

Year Built 1929

Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

BEAUTIFUL

Great experience playing this course for the first. Everything was pristine! Greens are fast

Wowza - Member for a Day GolfNow Event

Gotta get to this course to cross it off your list in Akron, OH. Greens were some of the fastest I've played all year and in such great condition. Geese were plentiful so that is the only knock I had on the conditions in the fact that the geese left you alone but their droppings were an issue on about 3 to 5 holes.
Course was so green, it rained for first 3 holes but then turned out to be a great golf day. Should have played the blues but enjoyable round from the white tees and got into trouble not exactly knowing the aiming points but the course is stacked up with plenty of rough in between holes so A-OK for a erratic driver like me. I scored well with some great 100-125 yard shots which greens rolled so true. Great day, go play in this event thru GolfNow if you can.

My favorite at Firestone

I've played the North Course at Firestone a few times as part of the ClubCorp program. The course consistently delivers on conditioning, pace of play, and challenge. It doesn't receive the national recognition of the South Course, but it has a much more interesting layout. Surprisingly, the few large ponds out front impact 10 of the 18 holes. It's really great use of the water. There's also a hill that runs through the middle of the course that makes for a handful of interesting holes.

My only complaint is I consistently get started off the 10th tee, which makes for a difficult starting stretch. The 10th hole ends up being an awkward wedge into a water guarded green, the 11th is a mid iron Par 3 completely over water, and the 12th, 13th and 14th are a few brute Par 4s. If given the choice, I would definitely recommend starting on the front 9 to ease your way into the round.

Overall, the staff is always friendly and the golf is on point. Paired with the great facilities at Firestone, it's always an enjoyable afternoon. Highly recommend.

Love this course

This course is much more playable for the average Joe than the South Course. Layout is great and everything about the experience was awesome.

Any time you get the offer....

to play a course of this caliber, you take that and run with it. There is a reason they keep this place private, and that is to preserve the pristine beauty of the tees and greens on this gem of a course. Teeing off on number one, while 49 of the top 50 golfers in the world are on the driving range gearing up for the Bridgestone Invitational about 100yds away is an exhilarating experience in itself. I am very grateful that GolfNow.com had sent me the invitation to play during the limited "member for a day" offer. Championship magic is deeply rooted in the soil of this fine set of buckeye state golf courses.

bbbprogolfer
Commented On 08/05/2017

No Twitter, just FaceBook

d184b637-9e39-516d-b298-c2dcbdea3c79
BrandonTuckerGA
Commented On 08/04/2017

Great review, shared on twitter, do you have a handle?

Well run

Well organized, a bit slow at times. Were told we had to play the white T's. Would have been good to know that before paying $125.00.

Best course I have ever played on!

Course in great shape and ever hole was challenging from tee to green. It was fun thanks!

Firestone

Great course well organized

An Unexpected Treat

I never thought I'd get an opportunity to play Firestone North through Golf Now. Everything turned out wonderfully, resulting in a perfect afternoon of golf in Akron, OH. This course is such a treat to play, the Firestone staff is so cordial and relaxed, the weather was beautiful, and the pace of play exactly to our liking. At the age of 57,one of the most enjoyable rounds of golf I have yet to experience.... and I got to treat my son to his first round at Firestone to boot.

Challenging fun course

This was my first time at Firestone cc. I have to say I enjoyed every minute of it. The staff was very friendly when we arrived. The course was in excellent shape. Fairways and greens were 10/10. Shot selection is key here. The course is a great mix of holes where you need to accurately place your ball, and others that are more forgiving. A little expensive but if I had another opportunity to golf at Firestone there's no way I could pass it up.

Beautiful course beautiful day

The north course at Firestone is more picturesque than its more famous sister course. The holes down around the water are some of the nicest looking I have ever played with 18 having the most discussion as to how much water you want to take on to shorten your next shot and decide to go for it!! Greens have some subtle breaks but were not overly fast a definite to play again.

FIRESTONE

Been wanting to play this course for a long time. GolfNow promo made it possible. Thank you!

Super course conditions

If you have a chance to play Firestone north do not. I repeat. DO NOT, pass it up! A totally enjoyable day from staff treatment to course conditions. Two cuts of rough, fairways that set your ball up, and manicured receptive greens. A memorable experience in only positive ways, even without any birdies!

Firestone is Over-Rated!

Folks, don't believe the hype. Firestone Country Club is a joke. The Driving range is a goat patch. The range balls looked like they were 5 years old. The tees were beat up, the greens were slow, the bunkers looked like they hadn't been raked in a week. The clubhouse looked remodeled but the locker room looks outdated and smelled. The food is over priced and the service was slow and the food served cold. Seriously, this was a really bad experience. I don't know how they host a PGA event. Save your money and go play a course that worth it because this one isn't. The greens were slower than most muni courses! Pathetic! I will never play there again and I recommend you don't either. This place is not worth the hype or the money.

I don't know what course the other reviewer played, but this course was in great shape both times I played it in 2013. The driving range is tremendous, I don't know if the reviewer that gave it a 1 was on a controlled substance but the staff was great and the locker room was fine, it is a bit dated but really cool, This is one of my favorite courses that I have played, and I have been priviledged to play some amazing major venues and some exclusive private clubs and this course, though shorter than the south course is still a spectacular test of golf.

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.
Featured Content