Fowler's Mill Golf Course

Year Built 1971
Architect Pete Dye (1971) Roy Dye (1971)

Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times.All players are required to wear collared shirts at all times.Slacks, shorts or skirts must be hemmed and in good condition.Tank tops, swimwear, cutoffs, gym shorts are not acceptable.

Entertaining Clients 15

Great Pete Dye layout

In town for a few days and Fowler's is a must. Course is great and conditions were good. Greens were aerated, which i understand is a maintenance must, but I did play two days in a row.

Great Course not so great staff......

I have played here probably 4 or 5 times, I really like the layout of the course and the conditions are usually really good. I get that courses have to punch holes, I have been playing golf for 30 years.. What I don't get is why a course would charge $59 with aerated greens.

The starters at the course are probably some of the most unfriendly people I have ever encountered on a golf course. I am an old guy so I can say this but a bunch of grumpy old men who bark as a form of communication.

Great course with some really cool holes

I absolutely loved everything about this course. We played 18 holes in less than four hours on a Friday afternoon. Then went back for 36 more the following day. Started the weekend by playing Little Mountain Friday morning. Then went to Fowler's Friday afternoon and Saturday. Finished the weekend at Boulder Creek. Fowler's Mill ranked right up there with the other two. There are just some really neat holes with a lot of options. The greens were a little tough to putt on due to recent aeration...but that's expected this time of year. We will definitely be back!

Overrated

The course is challenging and generally well maintained, although it can get really soggy. However, the management/staff is just terrible. The shop guys are unfriendly, the starter is disorganized, there’s no drink cart, there are no water jugs on the course, and there’s no ranger to keep things moving.

Guy behind the counter.

The guy behind the counter was less than friendly. Told us it was 74 dollars. I said that it was 55 dollars. He asked me if I knew it was a holiday. I told him yes and that I booked it on golf now and then he asked for confirmation which I provided.
The starter had no tee sheet and told us to figure out with the other groups who was on the tee.
At the turn there was no food ready because the girl had not come in yet.

The worst place of play that I have ever seen

If you got 6 hrs to waste then play it. Why even have a ranger if he cant or wont or dont know how idk to tell groups to pick the place up. Comon it's a decent coarse and your pace of play sucks. Fire the ranger and get someone out there to move it along. The only free 9 hole coarse left in America buhl park with little kids even playing has a better pace of play then this coarse. Wow as slow as the pace of play is ot should only coat 25 bucks for 18 and a cart . Good luck everyone

Commented on 08/18/2019

Sounds like someone had a bad day and blames the course & employees for his 120 score. Have played Fowlers many times and it has never taken 6 hours.Take a lesson and learn how to spell !!!!

Great Course, Horrendous Pace

This course is one of the best in Cleveland, in terms of condition and layout. The pace of play, awful. The staff does nothing to help the pace! My most recent round took 5.5 hours with a 9:30 tee time. If you have all the time in the world, good course to play. Otherwise, the frustration of a slow pace will make this a miserable round for golfers of any skill.

Immaculate Course, but...

I give a 5 star rating solely because the course itself is awesome and a must play and the golf course deserves that recognition. If you're all about the golf and have unlimited time with no regard for pace of play, Lake/River is one of the best public courses I've been on anywhere. Range balls were included in the price. Greens and fairways were perfect. Bunkers were well-groomed. Rough was evenly mowed and playable, but not easy. The course layout is fair, challenging, and interesting. That's why the golf course gets five stars. However, the pace of play was unacceptable. The course was cart path only and tee times were staggered only 8 minutes apart (needs to be spread out at least 12 minutes if cart path only). My tee time was 8:22am, and by that time in the morning, groups were already behind at least 10 minutes. I think we actually teed off around 8:35am. It was 8:55 when we finished the first hole. The only moisture on the course was the typical morning moisture. By around 11:05am when we were making the turn (yes you read that right), the course was completely dry. Our weather was 78 degrees, sunny, with a steady breeze. Absolutely no need for cart path only at that point. Nevertheless, the pro shop didn't send out a message to the rangers or anyone allowing us to go off the cart path. It took over five hours to finish the round (we finished around 1:35pm). In all that time, there was also no beverage cart or water coolers around the course. Not fun playing over five hours in the heat when your only chance to quench your thirst is at the turn. If you're coming from Cleveland, it will probably take you at least 40 minutes round trip to get to the course. Leaving yourself time to hit some range balls, this turns into a 6-7 hour golf day (I left my place at 7:05am, got home at 2:15pm).
Management needs to do better to pair the overall experience with the quality of the golf course.

Dye Masterpiece!!!

Fowler's Mill G.C. is truly a must play course if you have not experienced this gem in Chesterland! Personally what I want when I play is a challenging but fair course, excellent course conditions, and a fair price. Fowler's checks all the boxes. Best greens and fairways I have played this year. Pace of play was average for a busy Saturday morning(4.5hrs.)Friendly staff adds to the experience!! Fowler's Mill is definitely a top 5 public facility.

This is one of the best courses in Ohio. Hands down. A Pete Dye masterpiece.

Great course good value

Pete Dye designed course. Probably a top 5 public course in NE Ohio. I highly recommend you play it some time.

Fowlers Mills golf course is one of the top courses in the area. The course layout is great and the greens were fantastic. The overall conditions were exceptional!

Good track

Great track, but it can have pace of play issues if at all busy and they upped their prices for this season. You could find weekday 18hole rates last season for like $35.

Great course!

The course is amazing! The only reason I withheld giving it 5 stars was the fact that the greens had just been aerated. I wish I would have known this before. We also had to play lake/maple because river was closed for aerating.

Response from on 10/16/2018:
Brent, we appreciate the 4-star review and kind feedback. We do apologize for any inconvenience regarding our recent aerification but hope you were still able to enjoy the day with us at Fowler's Mill Golf Course. Come back for an even better round soon!

Great layout

Course was in good condition. Greens were true. plays long for ladies.

Response from on 10/16/2018:
Thanks for the 5-stars and positive feedback, Sue! We hope you had a great round with us at Fowler's Mill Golf Course. Come back soon.

Jim

Very challenging course. When I go to chesterland each year I always play this course. Enjoyed it alot.

Response from on 09/26/2018:
We appreciate your dedication to playing at Fowler's Mill Golf Course, as well as your 5-star review! We hope you had a great round with us and come back soon.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020