Type Public/Resort

Spread across 200 scenic acres of rolling meadows and steep hillsides, Hill Country Golf Club offers 27 scenic holes of championship golf. Designed by renowned architectural firm Arthur Hills & Associates, Golf Digest considers it one of Texas’ best places to play. Each course covers a beautiful landscape of native oak, wildflowers, and cactus. The Lakes Nine is obviously characterized by the clear blue lakes that come into play throughout the course. There are also wooded ravines and strategically placed bunkers throughout the course for even more challenges. In addition to the three nines, Hill Country Golf Club also offers a putting green and driving range.

Hill Country Golf Club

Year Built 2005
Architect Arthur Hills (2005) Chris Wilczynski (2005)

Spa

Entertaining Clients 25

Course condition

This course is definitely in the top 3 of courses to play in San Antonio. The golf course is well maintained and in pristine condition. I love it!

Plays Twice a year

Best Course in South Texas ?

This is probably the best golf course in South Texas, all around. As always, the course was in top shape. We played 18 holes in under 3 hours. Great course and value.

Come on out

One of the best courses west of Houston and South of Austin. Green fairways and greens. Absolutely challenging and fun. Beautiful skillfull layout. 100-106 temps the place is in great condition. It’s worth the price you pay.

Creeks Coming Back

Greens are returning to good-very good condition. Fairways very good to excellent. Best staff in San Antonio. Pace of play during the week excellent unless tournaments conflict. Michael on the desk and Steve on carts/Starter are a winning combo. Carts are in very good condition. Would like to see cafe re-opened.

Pricing change

I love the course. However, recent pricing changes will make it much more difficult and expensive to play there. It used to be that I could get a really good Deal to play the course though several different online platforms. If I couldn’t find a deal I could get the military/veteran rate which was already a bit higher than I’m comfortable with at $55. Now the cheapest I can get to play at times when I am able to (COVID and all things considered) is $60+ tax. Not sure how much longer my wife will allow me to spend that much on golf lol. (Fingers crossed)

Great fairways, horrible greens, slow pace

Greens punched several weeks and and are still very bad. Fairways were very good. Staff encounters were all positive. For $65 through Golfnow on a weekend morning, it’s a good value. The rate through the pro shop is $125, which would have been ridiculously overpriced.

As far as the layout, it’s a little gimmicky. Several big dog legs and blind shots. Would be a fun course for a scramble, though.

Commented on 06/23/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Recently plugged

Everything was great except the greens had recently been plugged. Another week or so and it should be in excellent form.

Commented on 06/18/2020

Hello, GregPDX72. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We strive for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule. The greens will be healed soon and in pristine condition. Please come back soon for the 5-star experience you expect at Hill Country Golf Club - The Oaks Course.

Great experience all-around !

Met my every expectation of quality of play, period ! Have always looked forward to playing the HHCC ,,,due to present social restrictions, this has become my "home course",,,see you'll soon !

Commented on 06/18/2020

Your feedback is important to us, u000002254318. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Hill Country Golf Club - The Oaks Course.

Commented on 06/17/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us! Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Overrated experience

First, the greens are in terrible condition. Not only punched and heavily sanded but lacking grass consistently on every green. Unfortunately we booked 36 holes and after the 5th hole wanted to leave but had already paid $125 and the drive to other courses was more than 30 minutes and there were no tee times. The courses aren’t even layed out well. There are some holes where you have iron off the tee 5-6 holes in a row. A lot of shots made no sense. The fairways saved a star on the review but many tee boxes were little sand traps. I don’t understand how you can charge someone $125 and direct them to the first tee box with no grass and 2 inches of sand and a green that is punched and sanded. There’s no where to eat and the holes on the practice green we’re being installed at 9:15 We had a pretty bad experience. There was a beverage cart making rounds. Played la cantera Sunday for $99 and it was a 10 star experience. Also the quarry was amazing too and was only $65 and was head and shoulders above HCH.

Commented on 06/17/2020

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Hill Country Golf Club - The Oaks Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 06/15/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Hill Country Golf Club - The Oaks Course!

Great experience all-around !

The HHCC (twilight time) option was perfect for my desire of a "late round", with enough time to complete eighteen (18) holes . Not to mention the rate (@ that time) was too attractive to pass up , for a course of that caliber , that I've enjoyed numerous time .Daylight savings time & early evening weather made it the golfing experience I knew it could be . I'm glad I got in before your present (twilight) rate schedule . Always enjoyed the HHCC experience .

Great round of golf.

I have played this course a number of times. I really like its variety with the 3 9-hole courses and the pace of play is pretty quick if you go out early. I have to say the greens are not in that good of shape for the money I am paying. Maybe it is the time of the year. All in all it was a great round with some bumpy-ish greens.

Commented on 06/05/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Hill Country Golf Club - The Oaks Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Pablo D

First time playing. Course ran well. Layout was great. Watch the trees. Hahaha. Have a great time there. I will return.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Thank you for your review, PabloSDuque3. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Hill Country Golf Club - The Oaks Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Outstanding staff and course in great shape considering the rain over the last couple of days.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hi u544153746. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Hill Country Golf Club - The Oaks Course!

Commented on 05/26/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Hill Country Golf Club - The Oaks Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 04/28/2020

Hi calvinmein. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Hill Country Golf Club - The Oaks Course!

Military