Hill Country Golf Club - The Lakes Course

GPS: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Spread across 200 scenic acres of rolling meadows and steep hillsides, Hill Country Golf Club offers 27 scenic holes of championship golf. Designed by renowned architectural firm Arthur Hills & Associates, Golf Digest considers it one of Texas’ best places to play. Each course covers a beautiful landscape of native oak, wildflowers, and cactus. The Lakes Nine is obviously characterized by the clear blue lakes that come into play throughout the course. There are also wooded ravines and strategically placed bunkers throughout the course for even more challenges. In addition to the three nines, Hill Country Golf Club also offers a putting green and driving range.

Location is at a resort convenient to the city near local attractions   Great for a weekend splurge advanced golfers entertaining clients   Challenges include bunkers narrow fairways water hazards   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

"Good course"

bobspringer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2018

My son and I played this course, and thanks to golf now it was reasonable. They had punched and sanded the greens so the greens weren’t perfect. But the experience was great !

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 06/19/2018:

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your patience as the course was recently aerified and takes a little time to heal. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again in the near future.

"Golf Course condition"

mike4uhomes's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2018

This review is for this one time, although I have played this coarse several times. I know that this is the time of year the greens get punched but the condition of the greens were less than average, the greens appear to have rows in them as if it was a garden and the ball did not roll it bounced across the green. Since I had booked this round on GolfNow I had no way of knowing the greens were in bad condition until I walked up to the first green.

In all fairness Hyatt Resort is a great place but I would wait a couple of months before I play their Golf Course

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 06/15/2018:

Thank you for your honest 4-Star review! We appreciate your patience as the course was recently aerified and takes a few weeks to fully heal. As the course continues to transition into the summer months we hope that you will give us another try next month.

"Great experience"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2018

I love this course. Not only is it kept immaculately maintained, the staff is supper friendly. I really have never had a bad experience here

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 06/15/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions and our excellent staff. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Not What It's Been"

SARonM's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The course (Lakes & Creeks) was in rough shape. Just about all of the tee boxes were poor, mostly sand- definitely not much grass nor much green. The greens were aerated two weeks ago and they were not good. The ball hopped all over the place and just didn't roll true. It was hot and only one cooler had water in it.

This course is not usually like this, I hope it is not a trend. Pro shop, starter and cart ladies were all very nice.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 06/15/2018:

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We appreciate your patience as the course has received a lot of play this peak season. As the course continues to transitions into the hot summer months, we appreciate your patience and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

"Great Hill Country Course"

Larrytbolton's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/09/2018

Really enjoyed this course. Greens were areated but rolled OK. Nice & friendly staff.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 06/11/2018:

Thank you for your honest 4-Star review, we appreciate the feedback and your patience as the course is was recently aerified. Thanks for coming out and we hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

"The Best"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2018

Great course. The staff was very professional. Course was in great shape. Looking forward to playing again.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 06/11/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review! Please come back and see us again soon.

jjacobson32's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/29/2018

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 05/31/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review! Please come back and see us again soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2018

Great course in great condition. Aaron the starter is a landmark there. I think on really hot days, they could add more... like small towels in the carts, perhaps cold wash clothes with the beverage cart. I know. Getting spoiled. But the course was exceptional. Greens were fast and true

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 05/31/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review! We will take a closer look and see if we can add more amenities to the course during the hotter summer months. Thank you for pointing this out, and we hope you had a great time at Hyatt Hill Country today!

"Fun layout"

twinkler13's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Holes vary in difficulty, but each usually has some shot making required and some course management skills. Greens a little rough.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 05/29/2018:

Thank you for the 4-Star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your challenging round today. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Short Course"

Joevir's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/19/2018

If you can stay on the fairway, you will have a short iron to the green. It makes it more injoyable when your putting for birdies more often.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 05/21/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your challenging round today. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Nice track"

imatex's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2018

Most greens in great shape. Some were under repair but overall good. Greens roll true. Good test for your game.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 05/21/2018:

Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"very nice course"

landonbartholomew's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I played on the Oaks and Creeks course and it was in great condition. The greens were consistent and fast. Finished the round in 3 hours and 45 minutes which was good. Definitely going back.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 05/14/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review! We are so glad that your pace of play was up to par today! Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again Mother's Day Weekend!

"Loved it"

Darinw51's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

First time playing at Hyatt hill country and was very impressed. Course is in great shape, greens roll true, and price was right with GolfNow. My only complaint was slow pace of play, we were a 2some and ran into a slow 4some on 7. They never let us through despite still sitting on the tee box most holes when we pulled up and on 2 holes the 3some behind us was pulling up as they were driving away. Didn’t see a marshal the entire round, would have been nice to cut 30 mins or more off the round. Frustrating but still a great round.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 05/14/2018:

Thank you for your honest 5-star review, we apologize if the pace of play was not up to par on this particular day. We appreciate you pointing out any issues. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again in the near future.

pc841's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2018

Great weather, the pace of play was perfect and the course was in great condition.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 05/11/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review! We appreciate the great feedback regarding the course conditions. Please come back and see us again soon.

Michael7066767's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2018

Overall one of the best golf courses in San Antoino very friendly staff. A++

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 05/01/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our excellent staff and course conditions. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"awesome course, but..."

lenny32's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2018

This course was beautiful, and is really a fantastic depiction of the Texas Hill Country meeting golf. This course, however, is extremely challenging. just when you think you have a great drive, bam, you're behind an oak tree in the center of the fairway. the rough was pretty difficult to locate golf balls in, and the greens were sanded, so they were a little speedy. Oaks and Lakes were the courses played that day, and the layouts were great. For the price, i'd absolutely play the courses again, i just know now to play smarter, and really consider my golf shots.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 05/01/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value of our course. Hill Country can be extremely challenging, but we are glad you were able to conquer it today. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

"Have a Good Time"

ChrisRobbins's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2018

I really enjoyed the day, everyone was exceptionally friendly and took good care of me. The Oaks Course was difficult with a lot of trouble spots, it really provided a challenge.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our excellent staff and course conditions. Thank you for coming out and we hope that we can challenge you again this weekend!

"Nice venue"

aemosiman's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

I took advantage of a Hot Deal and the cost was reasonable. The pace of play was excellent--a Saturday morning and we rarely even saw the group ahead of us, and no one was nipping at our heels. The course conditions were very good. The greens were a mystery--lots of subtle breaks I couldn't see. NOT a course for walking. The layout of the three nines means long distances between a green and the next tee. I would play here again, but only on a discounted rate. If I had paid the full-freight I would have been disappointed in the experience.

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

Thank you for your honest 4-Star review, we appreciate the feedback and your patience as the course is transitioning into the Summer months.Thanks for coming out and we hope that you will give us another try in the near future. <br/>

"Awful"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2018

This just not be labeled as a “resort course”. The course which I last played 10 years ago was in horrible shape. The Hyatt should be embarrassed.

Thank God we only paid $40.00 to play yesterday using golfnow.com. The normal rate was going to be $125.00!!

Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We will take a closer look at our pricing and course conditions to see if we can come up with a solution. Thank you for coming out, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.