Hill Country Golf Club - The Lakes Course

Type Public/Resort
Spread across 200 scenic acres of rolling meadows and steep hillsides, Hill Country Golf Club offers 27 scenic holes of championship golf. Designed by renowned architectural firm Arthur Hills & Associates, Golf Digest considers it one of Texas’ best places to play. Each course covers a beautiful landscape of native oak, wildflowers, and cactus. The Lakes Nine is obviously characterized by the clear blue lakes that come into play throughout the course. There are also wooded ravines and strategically placed bunkers throughout the course for even more challenges. In addition to the three nines, Hill Country Golf Club also offers a putting green and driving range.
Hill Country Golf Club
Red W: 69.2/118 263 83 332 109 241 370 294 410 342 2444 4937
Handicap 13 17 1 11 15 3 7 9 5
Par 4 3 4 3 4 5 4 5 4 36 72

Year Built 2005
Architect Arthur Hills (2005)

Entertaining Clients 25

Becoming my home course

Nice course that’s close to my house. Friendly staff and good course layout. Challenging and so far has been in good condition every time I play.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 08/08/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club.

1st class

Just an all-out great destination. The only disappointment Wes not being informed in advance that the greens had been airiated . Weren't terrible but missed a lot of putts because of it.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Hill Country Golf Club on 08/01/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club!
Very nice course, food layout, beautiful, rough is unforgiving (that is on me). Overall, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Course Layout Good
Response from Hill Country Golf Club on 07/24/2018:
Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Hill Country Golf Club!

Winding Through the Trees | The Oaks

The Hyatt Hill Country is built on some of the best land in the San Antonio area. A great deal of trees line the fairways especially on the Oaks nine. The tee shots require great accuracy and strategy in order to find the fairway. On the Oaks course in many cases you have to be on the right side of the fairway to have a shot at green/pin. I love this about that nine and enjoy the challenge of fitting the ball into the right spots. One of my favorites in the city however I will say the greens seem to have been an afterthought. They lack the definition to truly make it a championship golf course. Perhaps it was meant to be a resort course however with greater attention to the shaping of the greens this would be my favorite nine and thus my favorite course in the greater San Antonio area. A must play for those who have not made their way to the Hyatt Hill Country.
Staff Friendliness Good
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Good
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 07/17/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value at Hyatt Hill Country. We are so glad that enjoyed your round and that it was up to par on this particular day. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again this weekend!

Played Lakes 9 and Oaks 9. Both are a little bit different, lakes are more open than the oaks and the oaks are not so tight that it makes playing impossible. There wasn’t a lot of players on the course and was able to play in 3 hrs and 15 minutes. All around a great day. Greens were a little long no doubt due to the rain but in excellent shape.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 07/10/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Great round

Staff was outstanding and facilities are first class.
Pace of Play Good
Course Conditions Good
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 07/10/2018:
Thank you for the excellent 5-Star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed the course conditions and our great amenities Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Favorite course in San Antonio

Super nice layout. The fairways and greens are in great shape. The staff are very professional. Love playing all three nines. The course should be in great shape after a good rain. Would recommend this course.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 07/10/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions, especially after the hot weather we have received. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Wait a couple weeks to play

I played lakes to creeks for my 18 holes. Greens are still bumpy and sandy from being punched. I’d wait a few weeks to come back and play. I’m not a fan of their bunkers because the sand is grainy and most of them were not even racked after players walked in them. I must have been the only one raking them. Staff was friendly and I was glad to be paired up with cool members to play with. Pace of play was great here too.
Off-course amenities Average
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Good
Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 07/03/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review! We are so glad that your pace of play was up to par today! Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again this July 4th week!
Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 06/26/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review! We appreciate you coming out and hope to see you again soon.

Laid Back and Friendly

The staff and everyone on the course had such a welcoming and helpful attitude. They exuded class and consideration. It made my day. The course was in great shape and the pace was excellent. I had a great time playing with my daughter on vacation here.
Value for the Money Good
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Hyatt Hill Country Golf Club on 06/26/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the laid back feeling while at Hill Country Resort. We are so glad that your vacation was a memorable one with your daughter, looking forward to having you back with us next year.

Valid dates: Sep 03, 2018 - Oct 21, 2018
Book this Stay and Play package to enjoy your stay at the Stowe Mountain Lodge which includes 1 round at the exclusive Mountain Course at Spruce Peak (Formerly known as the Stowe Mountain Course) and unlimited rounds at the Stowe Country Club!