Bluebonnet Hill Golf Course

Year Built 1991
Fairways 328 Bermuda Grass
Greens 328 Bermuda Grass
Architect Jeff Brauer (1991)

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

Reliable go-to for value and pace

I prefer the layouts at most of the atx munis but Bluebonnet has more consistent conditions and the pace always seems to be better because they don’t allow fivesomes and they really promote a four-hour pace. That is very appreciated. Also, 12 beers cost $37. Great value! It’s been awhile since I played here, probably over a year, and was surprised to see the farm left of 1 is being developed with what appears to be pretty big industrial complex.such is life in boomtown Austin.

very very good

The tee boxes and all greens are in excellent condition Course is in excellent condition.

Great price

Considering the weather has been extremely hot the course was in great condition.

Commented on 07/21/2019

Hello there!

Thank you for taking the chance to play our golf course. We couldn’t help but notice you rated our course conditions as “poor”. Would you mind elaborating on this rating please?

As you know, feedback is very important in order for us to improve. We would appreciate any feedback you may be willing to provide.

Texas Advisor

Nice layout a bit out of town - extremely good greens

A nice playable layout North east of Austin, Bluebonnet Hill offers players of all levels a solid golfing experience. The greens in particular have always been excellent. True and firm most of the times that I have played there.

The course has two excellent practice greens, one for putting only and one for chipping that are true to the course. The practice range is wide and runs downhill. Very solid setup.

The front nine starts with some shortish holes, but they do require accuracy and thought off the tee. The 9 ends with a sweeping uphill dogleg par 5 that can be tough to reach in two. Stay right off the tee and let the hill do the work.

The back nine also has some shorter par 4 and par 5 holes but they also require decent placement off the tee.

It's a nice track that is a little bit out of the way, meaning on weekends the speed of play is not as much an issue.

Basic clubrooms and bar area. Friendly service.

BBonnet

Blue Bonnet was and always is a good time. Greens are running true and the overall course conditions were excellent! Can’t wait go back.

BlueBonnet Hill

Great Course, the staff were awesome though they were busy. I expected as much since it wsa fathers day weekend.

the greens and fairways were awesome, though very quick :).

the sand traps were about 50/50, with some being perfect and a few looking pretty bad. same goes for the tee boxes. overall awesome experience, allready planning my next trip while the conditions are so great.

Commented on 06/26/2019

Thank you for your visit. Our maintenance staff has done a wonderful job keeping our golf course in beautiful condition. We look forward to your next visit!

Fairways & greens

Greens are in great shape thanks to all of the rains, this course is so much fun to play and it's reasonable/ affordable. Staff is always nice and they bend over backwards to accommodate. You can always find someone to play a round with here, I drive from Cedar Park to play this course.

Commented on 06/13/2019

Thank you for your visit! We have been blessed with some timely rain showers to help the course along.

We look forward to your visit soon!

Management

Worst customer service in any golf course around Austin

It is not easy for me to write this review as I have given them a good review in the past and I was a regular playing this course. I used to play this course once or twice per week and have brought friends and setup tournament to this course. Most of their staffs are friendly except 1 major black sheep. This guy has 0 customer service skill or common human courtesy or social skill. I usually just ignore that and not let that bother me. I usually pay them their full retail rates, but every now and then I found their "hot deal" (since they are using golfnow.com app/website for their online booking). A couple months ago, I booked a golfnow hot deal and the black sheep employee happened to check me in.. at the time, they ran out of golf cart and I was about 30mins before my tee time, I asked if I walk instead of ride if they will let me go off early. His response was, "absolutely not and gave me a lecture that he is giving away hot deal tee time and therefore, I'm even lucky to be allowed to play their course, he continue to say how golfnow ripped them off.. etc etc.." The simple fact is, golfnow does help Bluebonnet with their web site and online booking along with selling tee times. Not to mention, 95% of my tee time plays at Bluebonnet hill was paying their retail's rate and only 5% is via hotdeal. The bottom line is, if they don't think Golfnow works with them, don't do business with them and built your own web site and online booking... etc etc.. It is that simple. The last thing they should do is to humiliate and degrade their regular customers. SInce that incident, I avoided going to play at Bluebonnet Hills, but decided NOT to write a bad review. Recently, I started going there again and haven't encountered this black sheep employee; unfortunately, when I booked a hot deal yesterday, this very same black sheep was there to check me in. I noticed the tee sheet was wide open.. but this time, I didn't even bother saying much. He said I'll be playing with Mr. X and sharing the cart with him. I simply asked if Mr. X has checked it yet.. and he started saying.. "no, but it doesn't matter because you golf now people cannot go off early and MUST go off at your exact time.." WOW.. that really have ruined my round before I even tee off. It is completely uncalled for. I later met Mr X and he told me the black sheep was giving him a hard time being a golf now customer as well. I don't understand how the management of this golf course will allow this type of behavior. Sadly with this encounter, I don't think I'll recommend nor return to this course until this guy is gone.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Good Afternoon,

We are troubled to hear about the experience you had with one of the staff members. This is not the customer service our customers deserve nor how we train our staff to handle these situations.

We would like to hear more about this experience so we can take the correct measures to ensure that you and other customers will never be treated this way again in the future. If you could please reach out to our General Manager Dylan Lemke at 512-272-4228 he would appreciate the time to discuss.

Course great, Pro Shop employee FAIL

I've played this course a few times. It is in pretty good shape overall. A few tee boxes could use attention, but the greens are fast and have enough challenge to make it fun.

The only negative event of the entire day came when I checked in. The employee, Robert (?) was rude, unfriendly, curt, and did not appear to like his job very much. His negative attitude was so noticeable, he was a topic of conversation outside the clubhouse. Management should either train this individual or replace him.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Good Afternoon,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding the condition of the golf course.

First off, thank you for joining us for a round of golf. It's because of players like yourself that we can learn about what needs to be improved. Secondly, we apologize you did not have a good experience checking in with one of our staff members.

We promise to investigate this further. If you can please reach out to our General Manager Dylan Lemke at 512-272-4228 to discuss this situation we would greatly appreciate it. We will do everything we can to resolve any poor customer service experiences people may have. We pride ourselves on giving the customers the best possible value for the dollar and this includes outstanding customer service.

Bluebonnet Hill Management

Course was in great condition. Fairway was well maintained. Traps need some attention. Greens were great.

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.