Type Private

Year Built 1965
Architect Leon Howard (1965)

Practice Hole Yes

Dress code Men: Shirt with collar or turtleneck. Shirt must be tucked in. Pants or shorts must have a zipper or buttons. Ladies: Shirt with collar OR sleeves OR both; pants or skirt, shorts, skorts of acceptable and appropriate golf length

Worse course conditions I have ever played!

We were looking at having a tournament there and possibly joining. I work at a large company in Round Rock Tx with a huge golf community. I explained this to the membership person and he made us a tee time for 842 on Sunday of the 4th. I have never seen such poor conditions on a supposed private course in my life. Most of the fairways had no to little grass. We had to move our ball several feet one way or the other to try and fund grass. There were clumps of unkempt wild grasses and weeds thru out the fairways and even around the greens. Around several greens we thick patches of dead cut grass,all dried out obviously it had been just sitting there from a past mowing. Even the cart path were cracked and uneven. This was embarrassing. We could not believe they let this go so bad. We made it to 12. It got worse and we left and went to the car.
I would under no circumstances recommend this dog track. I would never consider membership or bringing my tourney here,even if it was free. The memberships answer to me when he emailed me to follow up and I shared all the above..." maybe you should look at our more high end club, The Hills." I was flabbergasted.

Austin Advisor

Older style course but still worth playing.

This is the oldest course of the four in Lakeway; opened in 1965. And because it's open to the public, it gets more play than some of the others. Everything else aside I'd certainly choose other courses over this one. Still, it's a golf course ... so play it. And then decide if you want it in your rotation of courses. Nothing too crazy with this one -- just kind of a normal course for the most part.

Oh, and try not to hit one off to the right on the driving range because that house is definitely reachable.

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.