Scorecard for Pine Forest Golf Club
Blue M: 71.3/133 505 357 170 403 338 350 200 390 533 3246 539 350 180 561 354 364 225 220 530 3323 6569
White M: 69.7/129 W: 71.6/118 495 316 155 370 321 322 180 376 501 3036 475 343 170 475 346 319 210 200 474 3012 6048
Green M: 66.1/122 W: 68.9/118 446 227 150 332 257 304 145 336 465 2662 469 233 168 422 310 311 180 165 433 2691 5353

Year Built 1979
Architect Billy Martindale

Carts Yes - 1/2 cart included in green fee

Slow greens

The greens are not cut short enough and they are extremely slow. Fairways have a lot of dirt instead of grass. Beautiful setting

Commented On 08/13/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Pine Forest.

Our Favorite

Love the layout of this course! Compared to the other courses in the area it is in great shape! Highly recommend you give Pine Forest a try.

Commented On 08/13/2019

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @pineforestgolfclub.

Pretty good course

Overall, pretty good. I only paid $30, which was fair considering conditions. Tee boxes were pretty rough on all holes (nothing flat, and the ground was so tough, it was hard to find a spot to stick your tee in). Greens were rough and super
Inconsistent on the front, but good on the back. Fairways were decent. Hole layouts on the back are much more challenging and quite beautiful. As long as the price stays realistic, this is a good course to play. Definitely has potential to be an excellent course! I feel like it’s getting there, and if they could sort out the tee boxes overall and the greens on the front nine, it would make for a massive improvement! Overall, not bad. I’d rather play here over a slightly nicer course with worse pace, which is all too common in Austin.

Commented On 07/17/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing @pineforestgolfclub. We hope to see you again soon.

Hoping for more

First time playing the course since under new ownership. I live 1/2 mile away and want to love this course, but can’t. Took a couple of friends out and, well, should have gone somewhere else. It hasn’t rained much the last week, but there were many areas of standing water, or overwatering and other areas that are bare dirt. Literally, one cup was full of water and everywhere around the green was sopping wet, maybe some irrigation problems. The greens are so fuzzy, it was like putting on Velcro. Slowest I’ve ever played. I know the new owner is doing his best, but this course seems like it’s barely hanging on. The course may be the prettiest in Central Texas, but the golf condition is much to be desired. I’ll drive 30 minutes and spend a little more money to play in Austin... :(

Commented On 07/10/2019

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Pine Forest. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Great layout steadily improving

It's ashamed this great scenic layout in the beautiful hills outside Bastrop has been hit with so many challenges in recent years. But fires, floods and droughts have not changed the fact that this is still one of the funnest courses you can play. I really commend the new ownership which has met these problems head on and saved a great course. While still not ideal, the course conditions have steadily improved and major issues such as wash outs(from flooding) and erosion have been resolved. We had a great time on a great course and will continue to come back!

Commented On 07/09/2019

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing @pineforestgolfclub.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Not the course that I remember

I used to always want to play here because of the views, challenges, and great condition of the course. We used to play our state girls coaches association tournament here every other year, but it's been several years since we've been here (convention is in DFW every year now). I was in town for a family reunion and went to play before heading back home and was so disappointed in the overall condition of the course.

Most of the tee boxes were in bad shape and a couple were so wet and muddy that I had to hit from a different one. The greens were average condition at best, but they were the slowest that I've played on in many years. Lots of bare spots in the fairways... I hit one down the middle on an awesome drive and it hit a bare spot with a lip in the middle and my ball bounced and went sideways. Still got a par, but it was interesting.

I feel bad because the folks in the clubhouse were very nice.

Commented On 06/25/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We the heavy rain this season, we are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the tee boxes, fairways and greens from the water on the course. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Pine Forest. We hope to see you again soon.

give them a break

This course has a beautiful layout, some inspiring views, including the running Colorado River, and lots of interesting hills and curves. Central Texas and, especially the Bastrop area, have been experiencing lots of rain, and wind, and thunderstorms, and flooding, all of which make maintenance almost impossible. I still enjoy playing the course. My last play, the greens were in better shape than i had seen them, since the fires. There are exceptions where some fungus or disease got in and is being treated. Fairways, where i could hit them were nice, except where there was flooding. It takes time to clean up flooding, so i dropped close by or where i thought i might have rolled had there not been water, and on we go. All in all, nice folks, nice course, nice views, and hit Bucee's on your way back to Austin!

Commented On 07/15/2019

Hi! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @pineforestgolfclub.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

What a hidden gem this place is!

First time playing here and I'm already a huge fan of this place! From the moment we entered the pro-shop to check in to the greens-keepers on course, to the marshal, to the kid taking my cart after the round was complete, to the kitchen staff, everyone was warm and friendly. The day was very hot (full sun 97F) and there were iced water coolers every 3-4 holes.

The golf course......I have no idea where all the negative "Nancys" are coming from saying the greens are in poor shape, they're just fine. The area has seen a lot of rain over the last 6-8 months and the ground is very soft with some areas of standing water (fairways and bunkers) and 2-3 greens with worn areas (about 5% of the surface area affected, because dummies keep stepping in it!). But I found all of the greens to be very smooth, free of divots, and the cup/flag well maintained. LOTS of wildlife in the area, including some HUGE turtles on the approach to #2 green (I swear one of them ate my ball)

Considering this place survived one of Texas' largest wildfires it has ever seen within the last 10 years it's a miracle they are still here. A lesser managed golf course would have given up. But this place is a well kept secret. We decided to play here rather than the resort nearby because of the price and we had a great time. I'll definitely be returning.

My favorite hole was the #12 Par3. The most intimidating was the tee shot from #11 Par4.

Commented On 06/25/2019

Hi. Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your 5-star experience with us. We really appreciate the feedback! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing @pineforestgolfclub.

Sad

I was very optimistic coming to the course for the first time, but it’s safe to say that this course should be shut down and turned into a deer lease. The staff was friendly and helpful but that’s the only good thing I can possibly find about this course which is sad because the lay out has real potential. I saw more deer on the course than greens and fairways. The greens look like a sandy fairway and the fairway looks like my front lawn.

Commented On 06/21/2019

Hello, Payton. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We are sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations; however, the way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. Making comments that cut down the course are not helpful to us or any golfers reading your review. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Pine Forest.

Interesting Course

A tale of two courses. The first 9, pretty easy and straight forward, the second 9 a jungle cruise and difficult. Many of the holes on the second 9, reminded me of Jumanji, welcome to the jungle. The greens were in pretty good shape. This was my first time playing this course and look forward to a second round in the near future.

Commented On 06/12/2019

Thank you for your review and 4-star rating. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Pine Forest Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon @PineForestGCFootGolf.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Not as good as it used to be

I was really disappointed to pay $50 a person for a course in this bad of shape. Greens were awful, fairways no better, tee boxes sucked too. The only good thing, is they haven’t change the design of the course. This used to be my favorite course in the whole state of Texas for the money, now it wouldn’t crack my favorite top 200. Oh yeah, and no beverage cart either.

Commented On 05/29/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We are sorry to hear your experience did not meet your expectations; however, the way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. Making comments that cut down the course are not helpful to us or any golfers reading your review. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Pine Forest.

Commented On 05/15/2019

Thank you for visiting us @pineforestgolfclub. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Hole 12

The course was wet from rains the day before but it was in much better shape than a few months ago. My only complaint is number 12 cart path was pretty treacherous from the recent rain.

Commented On 04/29/2019

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting @pineforestgolfclub. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented On 04/08/2019

Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. Please join us for another round soon. Thanks for choosing Pine Forest.

Course conditions have improved!!

My husband and I have played this course for many years and have seen it go through good and bad times. Over the last few months, the grounds crew has done wonders for the fairways and the greens! LOVE the elevation changes at this course.

Commented On 04/02/2019

Hi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4 stars. We're glad to hear how much you and your husband enjoyed the course. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back! Thanks for choosing @pineforestgolfclub.

This course

The overall course is nice but this course is always wet. The tee boxes look like they’ve been driven on, the greens are super patchy and ‘bumpy.’ So there’s no true greens here. The fairways are sub par, it’s either grass or you’re hitting from hard dirt/sand. I also had to wait a while to get some assistance at the bar. Overall, the amount you pay here in my opinion is not worth it and should try another course.

Commented On 01/22/2019

Hello. Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back! Thanks for choosing Pine Forest.

Commented On 07/02/2019

I used to really like this course. Been a while since I've played it and it's in bad shape. Greens were terrible

Commented On 11/20/2018

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience. Thank you for playing Pine Forest. We hope to see you again soon.

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 10/23/2018:
Hi. Thank you so much for the review. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon!

Golf

enjoyed all aspects of the round. COURSE CONDITIONS improve each time I have played.

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 10/12/2018:
Hello. Thank you so much for your 5-star rating! We're so glad you enjoyed the course. Please book another round with us soon. Thanks for choosing Pine Forest.
Bastrop, Texas