Pine Forest Golf Club

Pine Forest Golf Club
Scorecard for Pine Forest Golf Club
Blue M: 71.8/132 505 357 170 403 338 350 200 390 533 3246 539 350 180 561 354 364 225 220 530 3323 6569
White M: 69.6/123 495 316 155 370 321 322 180 376 501 3036 475 343 170 475 346 319 210 200 474 3012 6048
Green M: 66.6/116 446 227 150 332 257 304 145 336 465 2662 469 233 168 422 310 311 180 165 433 2691 5353
Red W: 67.9/116 442 224 145 275 250 235 130 289 457 2447 382 230 135 393 245 249 131 152 433 2350 4797

Year Built 1979
Architect Billy Martindale

Carts Yes - 1/2 cart included in green fee

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 10/23/2018:
Hi. Thank you so much for the review. We are glad you had an incredible time and hope to see you again soon!

Golf

enjoyed all aspects of the round. COURSE CONDITIONS improve each time I have played.

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 10/12/2018:
Hello. Thank you so much for your 5-star rating! We're so glad you enjoyed the course. Please book another round with us soon. Thanks for choosing Pine Forest.

Course Should Have Benn Closed

There were at least 4 holes the cups were full of water due to the amount of water saturation from previous days rain. The greens were almost unusable (so soggy) for 6 or 7 holes. I have played there many times before and it is always a little wet after rains but usually in fine shape. On the Sunday they should have closed the course.

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 10/02/2018:
Hello, Fred. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. While we always try to have great course conditions, weather can make things very tough. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Pine Forest.

Not really a golf course

This was not a golf course. It was like playing in someones back yard. Fairways not mowed. Greens were in really bad shape. Tee boxes muddy. Grass was so long on both sides of the "fairway" No price would make me go back here. Not even free.

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 09/25/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for playing Pine Forest.

Good Value

The course was not in the best conditions, but what do you expect with triple digit temperatures and a lack of rain. I really enjoyed playing the course. It has always been one of my favorite out of town courses and it still is. It is not easy, but is fun to play. The pace of play is never hurried. I would play this again and again,

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 09/06/2018:
Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Pine Forest Golf Club!
Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 08/13/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for golfing Pine Forest.

Peace of Mind

The course played shorter then in the past. Green frim and putted slow. I had a great time. Seen alot different animal native to the area.

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 08/03/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

I’ve played Pine Forest many times over the years. But my most recent round - I found the greens to be over watered, while the tee boxes needed a hammer to get a tee in the ground on several holes. The layout itself is a challenge without doubt! But there is alot of “erosion” on alot of the holes... especially in the 4th, 6th, 13th & 18th fairways (I think I remembered them correctly). I hope the new ownership can address these issues because I do appreciate the layout and the challenge it offers. The greens are extremely challenging- but slow... probably from the saturation more than anything.

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 08/03/2018:

Absolutely love playing this course

This is one of my all time favorites. By far and away the best value I've played. So much variety in the course. Only complaint is that it is not closer to Houston!

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 08/10/2018:
Hello, Lee. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Great soccer golf course!

Charging premium prices to play on golf course that is now doubling as a soccer golf course.

The sad thing is the conditions are better for the soccer golf course than the actual golf course.

Greens are better but still the course needs a lot of help.

I would avoid until further notice.

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 07/27/2018:
Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 07/27/2018:

Staff

The staff at the quiet place were amazing. Great southern hospitality.

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 07/20/2018:
Hello, AJ. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.
Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 07/17/2018:
Hello, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the great review and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Pine Forest Golf Club.

Enjoyment

Always have fun playing there, everyone is friendly, course has challenging holes, will always return

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 07/08/2018:
Hi Kyle4137965, we appreciate the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing #PineForestGolfClub!

Very nice course

I can tell they are making changes ie: rolling the greens and planting new sod where needed.

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 06/28/2018:
Hi mjs567, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback about our improving course conditions. Our staff is working hard to improve the overall experience at Pine Forest Golf Club. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks again for playing!

Nice course, uncut Fairways & Greens

I've played twice recently (a Sat & Sun) at Pine Forest, and the Greens are PAINFULLY SLOW, due to being left shaggy. Also the fairways are not cut often enough to be true fairways... overall cheapness & maintenance neglect at this course. It's too bad, due to a challenging layout with interesting views & elevation changes. Please do better new management!

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 06/28/2018:
Hi ekiwaki, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear the conditions of the course weren't up to expectations. Our staff is working diligently to improve the conditions of the course, so we hope you consider returning for another round soon! Thanks for playing Pine Forest Golf Club.
Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 06/19/2018:
Hi iamtee2green, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing #PineForestGolfClub.

Worth the drive

I had to drive about 50 miles to play here. Between hurricanes ,drought and fires the area has had its problems. However conditions were better than expected. Lots of t boxes allow each player to pick a comfortable distance. Picturesque layout. I only had to issues. Many t boxes were very unlevel but most of all.the greens were ridiculously SLOW ! they held a shot but were close to being unputtable.

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 06/18/2018:
Hi redhots69, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another one soon. Thanks for playing Pine Forest Golf Club.

Good conditions

Much better condition than the last time I played there a month ago. While not in great shape, you can see a lot of work being done to make it better. My hats off!

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 06/22/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about you round and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Pine Forest Golf Club!

You can't beat Pine Forest

Pick your shots and enjoy the view, great course in a beautiful area. Course took a hit late winter as the greens struggled to recover from some serious cold, they have since made a strong comeback with great ground management

Response from Pine Forest Golf Club on 06/04/2018:
Hi GISJohnECS, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are happy to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing #PineForestGolfClub.
Bastrop, Texas